Focus Corporation is a multi-discipline engineering, geomatics and planning consulting firm with offices in major centers throughout Western Canada. We are currently seeking a Professional Land Surveyor to join our Municipal Surveys team in Edmonton.
Reporting to the Legal Surveys Manager, you will:
- Provide leadership and direction to staff with respect to performance management, training opportunities and ensure branch goals are achieved with a strong emphasis on the business unit goals of growth and profit;
- Apply established project management processes in initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing projects;
- Develop strong client relationships, manage client expectations and ensure project deliverables, schedules and budget objectives are met;
- Work with other managers to supervise, co-ordinate, schedule and review the activities of field staff and CAD technicians;
- Participation in and adhere to the Focus safety program.
As the successful candidate you:
- Have post-secondary training in a Geomatics program and/or experience in related field;
- Have your Professional Land Surveyor designation or be an articled student;
- Experience managing a variety of large scale land development and legal survey projects is preferred;
- Have extensive field work experience and a minimum of one year experience in a Project Manager role dealing directly with clients and managing projects;
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Are an effective decision maker, holding both yourself and others accountable to same;
- Have exceptional oral and written communication expertise which is complimented with a keen eye for detail and project management skills;
- Have a clear understanding of the design, approval and endorsement process as it pertains to the development of land in Alberta.
PEOPLE COME FIRST AT FOCUS. We offer our employees an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, above market group health benefits, a group RRSP plan, as well as a commitment to career development. If you are interested in joining our team please apply today! http://www.focus.ca/join-our-team/career-opportunities