Focus is an industry leading organization, providing a wide range of Geomatics, Engineering and Planning services across Western Canada. We’re looking for that special combination of innovative thinking and practical knowledge, enthusiastic team player and motivated go-getter all wrapped up in a person who loves the great outdoors, enjoys using the latest equipment and technology.
Our Geomatics division is currently experiencing substantial growth, opening up exciting opportunities for enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated individuals that can think on their feet. We are currently seeking field surveyors who want to work on a variety of projects from residential cadastral surveys to large industrial projects, and possibly someone interested in becoming a British Columbia Land Surveyor by becoming an Articling Student. The Prince George office will be dealing with a wide variety of jobs, and Successful candidates will be able to experience almost every type of surveying done in Western Canada.
Working with and reporting to a Project Manager/Land Surveyor, you will:
- Manage and perform field survey work with or without the help of Survey Assistants
- Actively participate in and proactively support the advancement of the Focus safety program
- Provide supervision, guidance and mentorship to other crew members working with you
- Work with and take directions from a Project Manager/British Columbia Land Surveyor
- Prepare and communicate field notes, sketches, checklists and digital data in required formats for Project Managers, Land Surveyors and Drafting personnel
- Be proficient with total stations and a variety of GPS equipment and methods
- Stay up to date with the latest technology and equipment
- Be able to work in a variety of field conditions including a range of temperatures and inclement weather
As the successful candidate you:
- Are a graduate of a recognized post-secondary program related to surveying and geomatics AND/OR have substantial past survey experience
- Are familiar with the use of the latest survey equipment and software
- Proficient with calculations in CAD platforms such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and MicroSurvey/StarNet
- Able to upload and download data from a data collector or other survey equipment
PEOPLE COME FIRST AT FOCUS. We offer our employees an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, above market group health benefits, a group RRSP plan, as well as a commitment to career development.
If you are interested in joining our team please apply at