Are you an experienced CAD technician? Focus provides employees with the opportunity to work on a wide range of diverse, cutting edge projects. Are you ready to expand your career with an organization that puts people first?
We are looking for individuals with demonstrated success in their area of specialization and a passion for their work! A recent employee engagement survey showed that our employees enjoy a work-life balance and are able to accelerate their career working on large scale pipeline projects.
Reporting to the Drafting Supervisor, you will:
- Using standard survey practices efficiently draft accurate survey plans from information gathered in the field and office.
- Draft plans using the standards set out by Focus using current lisp routines and blocks
- Maintain familiarity with current techniques, developments, etc.
- Actively work at improving drafting skills and increase current knowledge of surveying
- Draft plans using the standards set out by Focus using current customizations
- Bring problems and questions to the attention of the drafting supervisor or Project Manager as soon as possible
- Ensure that the quality and accuracy of all plans for which you have responsibility meet the Focus standards before they are sent in for checking
- Graduate with a Geomatics Engineering Technologist certificate
- Have at least 3 years’ experience using AutoCAD and related software in the preparation of survey related plans for the oil and gas sector
- Previous experience of working with for an oil & gas and/or land surveying company is an asset
- Possess computer skills with a good understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or AutoCAD Map
- Understand the basic principles of surveying and survey plan requirements
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines
- Work well as part of a team or on an individual basis
- Have the ability to learn new software and be open to new ideas
- Ability to identify and set priorities, effective time management
- Detail oriented and willing to take responsibility for your own work
PEOPLE COME FIRST AT FOCUS. We offer our employees an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, above market group health benefits, a group RRSP plan, as well as a commitment to career development.
If you are interested in joining our team please apply at
Focus Corporation is a rapidly growing multi-disciplinary consulting firm. Focus provides a range of engineering, geomatics, planning and...