Based in Western Canada, Focus Corporation is a premier project delivery company. We provide Engineering and Geomatics solutions to the energy, infrastructure and land development sectors.
Recognized as leaders in our field, our clients are some of the most recognized names in their industry and we partner with them to provide innovative solutions that will increase their business performance.
At Focus, we recognize that our people are the key to our success; we strive to provide our employees with a positive experience as they grow and contribute to our organisation.
What makes us different?
- Opportunities to work on a wide range of diverse and challenging projects
- Rewards and Recognition that are designed to empower people with the options, resources and incentives they need to be successful
- Ongoing learning and development that allows our employees to continue to be the best at what they do
- We work where we play and our involvement in numerous local community support projects allows us to give back and make a difference
Through effective communication and management skills, our Air Quality Monitoring professionals strive to understand and become experts in our clients’ business endeavours so that we can make useful contributions that deliver high value and provide maximum returns. Through the continuation of numerous ambient air monitoring projects, we have established strong working relationships with all of our clients and local regulatory authorities.
We are looking for an Air Quality Monitoring Technician who will bring his/her technical abilities to our existing and future projects. You enjoy the synergy of working within a small team environment but with the benefits of the resources and industry knowledge of a well-established company.
Directly reporting to the Operations Manager, Air Quality Monitoring you will be responsible for the business operational aspects of the business unit, while managing major projects through the delivery process.
- Perform monthly calibrations on ambient air monitoring equipment across Northern Alberta
- Complete routine maintenance on ambient air monitoring equipment
- Set up continuous ambient monitoring stations
- Configure data collection systems to collect continuous ambient air monitoring data
- Maintain data collection systems to 100% data collection and transfer
- Troubleshoot and repair continuous ambient air monitoring equipment
- Prepare and submit field documentation routinely to the data specialists
- As required, perform various other field duties
- Have post-secondary degree or diploma in chemistry, environmental science, industrial hygiene, atmospheric science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university.
- Possess excellent computer skills; including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Will maintain high levels of discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Maintain quality work with attention to detail and accuracy
Focus Corporation is a rapidly growing multi-disciplinary consulting firm. Focus provides a range of engineering, geomatics, planning and...