We're a national multicultural marketing agency. We've got great clients, great staff, great work and a great agency. We are expanding. If you're a passionate, talented, motivated team player who loves marketing in all its forms, this is the place for you! Send us your letter stating the position you are applying for and your full resume before March 15 at hr(at)focuscomms.com
We’re looking for a creative Digital Marketing Assistant. This is a junior position with full potential for growth. You should posses a passion for marketing and communications, a basic understanding of how agency works, digital marketing and a drive for excellence. You will support the client team in researching, planning, designing and implementing digital marketing campaigns (e-news, e-blast, blog, social media, web site updates and postings, web design, online contents, SEO, analytics, link building). You will also assist on researching and online monitoring for our company, our clients , their competitors and overall industry trends and news.
» Excellent skills in programming using HTML/CSSGraphic and in designing online marketing materials (e.g. web banner ad, emailer).
» Creating writing and design skills such as infographic creation and turning bland documents into eye-catching presentations.
» Effective communication skills in English and Chinese.
» Highly organized and able to multi-task
» Full competence using MS Office applications including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, audio/video editing software
» Degree or diploma in marketing/communications/digital field preferred.
» Must have relevant experience from a previous digital marketing role.
The Digital Marketing Assistant is an entry -level position responsible for the support and service of the client and account team. The successful candidate may be a recent graduate looking for their first full‐time post or may have had relevant experience from a previous digital marketing role.
- Monitor relevant websites daily for PR opportunities and tracking company's and clients' coverage
- Monitor online Google Alerts daily for mentions of the company, its clients and client competitors, and overall industry news and trends
- Monitor, scan and file company's and clients' media coverage in print/broadcast/online formats
- Help post company and client news on relevant websites, social and online media
- Assist Digital Marketing Manager on designing and implementing online campaigns (e-news, social media, e-blast, blog and web site updates, postings)
- Assist in brainstorming ideas and helping develop digital strategies and online contents
- Assist in drafting and proofreading marketing materials
- Assist in developing tracking systems to monitor media campaign results
- Assisting managers with proposal writing, onsite optimization, link building, analytics analysis, paid search campaign management and whatever else needs doing at the time.
- Writing web and print copy and aware of their differing requirements
- Other online marketing skills including: PR, SEO, social media marketing or web design
- Updating company web site and programming using HTML/CSSGraphic design of online marketing materials (e.g. web banner ad, emailer)
- Creating writing and creative design skills such as infographic creation and turning bland documents into eye-catching presentations
- General administrative tasks
- Attendance at weekly staff and client meetings
- Undertake additional tasks as and when assigned by managers
- Create and manage the marketing digital photo library.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in relevant fields (Digital Marketing, New Media)
- 1 year relevant work experience client side or in digital agency environment (including intern or co-op work experience)
- Excellent English and Chinese writing and typing skills
- Media savvy with a strong understanding of social media news agenda and what makes a story
- Excellent web research skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to generate ideas for web copy
- Ability to organize yourself and others, including good time management and multitasking
- Full competence using MS Office applications including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, audio/video editing software
- Technical understanding of the web, and HTML/CSS
- Solid working knowledge of the online market and social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Linked-in, WeiBo; typing35+ wpm
- Some knowledge of digital marketing practices and a willingness to research further into how these may be relevant in marketing;
- Able to write accurately and in a compelling manner, adapted to the audience
- Able to proofread and edit copy to ensure communications do not contain spelling, grammar and punctuation errors.
- Desirable: Experience in planning and implementing a coordinated digital marketing plan; experience in communications, copywriting, advertising and public relations; some understanding of the agency work environment.
- Self-driven, energetic and goal-oriented
- Work well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Logical, work-oriented, analytical, detail-oriented and highly organized
- Problem solver and team player
- Passion for marketing
- Able to get on and maintain an effective working relationship with colleagues, clients, media and suppliers; to be hardworking and flexible; to be eager to learn and motivated by results
Indeed - 16 months ago
We are a people company. We build our success on:
Long term win-win relationships with clients, business partners and employees...