FMC Corporation

FMC Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Field Service Technician
Surface Technical Service Personnel II (Former Employee), Muncy, PAJuly 28, 2014
FMC is a great company. The work day varied depending on the customer and the progress per well. The job was outside, so the weather was always a factor. Management was good, co-workers were good. Hardest part of the job was the schedule. Most enjoyable part of the job was finishing a completely exhausting job, knowing you did it properly, safely, and – more... saved the customer time and money. – less
Good Money; Poor Culture
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Green River, WYJuly 27, 2014
Salary and benefits at FMC are competitive. The Green River unit has multiple plants onsite. The current culture is hamstrung by Managers more concerned about maintaining their power and control over their respective areas than doing what's best for the company as a whole.
A great place to work, I would still be ther today if they would not have closed the plant.
Mechanic Tech 4 (Former Employee), 1701 E. Patapsco Av. Baltimore, MD 21226July 25, 2014
Pros: good management, great co-workers !
Cons: corporate closed the plant and laid us all off.
You were constantly being challenged with different things to do on a daily bases. I got to work on Centrifuges, Dryers, pumps of all types and makes, all of the machinery was state of art and they made sure you had what you needed to do repairs. Pipe fitting of any type of material and size.
Very productice and busy environment.
Tester (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TexasJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work would be long hours of standing while recording tests on graphs and charts. I learned how to record and produce accurate test documents. The management was ran alright. My co-workers were outstanding and hard working until the job was done. The hardest part of the job was trying to push work out with no time for error. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job was when everything was running smooth and on track. – less
I enjoyed being employed there but it is more than a one person job and they didn't agree.
Barista (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great and understanding customers.
Cons: even if you have worked at starbucks for years, anyone working this job is bound to be overwhelmed, doing all the work by yourself in a timely matter
In one hour I'd open up the store and set up the booth displays. There was a cafeteria next to me so we shared the kitchen when I baked the treats for the day. I had to stock up for the first rush hour and prepare the coffee's & tea's. After that, count my drawer and make sure that the cafeteria on the other side was presentable and stocked. There was – more... always a line awaiting for the booth to open. So the rush started immediately. I have never seen only one person working and pretty much running a Starbucks but I did it. Though the cafeteria next to me held about 17-30 employees I was asked to help them when they got busy. None of the employees wanted to get trained for my side they said it was to hard, so I couldn't depend on them for help when it got busy. Before I was hired I was told it would be me and another lady working, come to find out she was only there for two days to train me and I work the store by myself. It was a lot of work for one person to the point I wouldn't get a break until the next shift came in and it would run into overtime that the manager didn't want done. I asked for help and was told it was coming but come to find out it was a replacement for me because they didn't want to pay another person to work. The day I was fired "I was told they love my customer service and the customers love me, but they said this is a one person job and they are not hiring no help". – less
unstable wrok hours
Assembly Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: relaxed work enviromennt
Company operates on a rotating bi-weekly rotation. Shift hours often change without notice .
a steady work environment
Fluid Control / Service Technician (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: 6 on 2 offf
Cons: no supervision
we assembled oil field equipment as on needed basis,had to meet a quota everyday. also had pretty good co workers and management.the hardest part of job was the heat .
fast paced
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2014
Cons: not climate controlled, long hours
fast paced position when the work is not in progress. Didn't care for this job or the management
Hard work pays off
Forklift Operator/Forklift Trainer (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJune 19, 2014
Pros: good environment
Unloaded/Loaded trucks
Inspected loads inbound/out
Picked orders
Maintenance
Senior Instrument Technician (Former Employee), KuwaitJune 5, 2014
Maintenance of Metering Skids.
Learned how to communicate with operators and co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is scheduled maintenance i.e calibrations of field instruments.
The most enjoyable part of the job is preventive maintenance i.e daily routine checkup.
Maintenance
Senior Instrument Technician (Former Employee), KuwaitJune 5, 2014
Maintenance of Metering Skids.
Learned how to communicate with operators and co-workers.
Challenging and productive work environment
Sr. AP Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: going out on group lunches at work
Cons: not being able to stay longer with the company
A typical work day for me was getting in early so I could get a lot of work done. Catch-up getting some old transactions resolved and posted in the system (SAP) for payment.

I learned how to process certain transactions and to look up more detailed information the FMC way.

The co-workers were very nice and willing to answer any questions that I had.

The – more... hardest part of the job was making sure that I kept up with my daily desk duties, and I did. Checking everything making sure that nothing was left undone.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to complete my job duties and being able to assist in other places where needed. – less
Very nice working place busy very busy working place
Dokumentkontroller (Former Employee), Ågotnes, N12June 4, 2014
Pros: free fruits and drinks with subsidized food sold for lunch
Cons: busy work needing longer hours
Very busy work place and interesting place to work.
I learnt much about all the details as a document controller Good team work.
The hardest part, It was full of stress, but very good working environment.. .
assembly tech.
Assembler III (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 3, 2014
Pros: hard work that i enjoyed
Cons: not always enough hours
worked on subsea equipment and enjoyed the projects that we did
productively busy long day, fun always learning new things.
Material Handler/ Assy.Tech (Former Employee), houston txMay 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits, double and triple overtime pay
Cons: short breaks
ship and receive, audit cycle count, assemble trees, pressure test, use radio active devices, SAP. Great place to work although the hardest part of the job was having to work in different weather conditions. Most enjoyable part was having to work with great people and learn new things within the company.
Interesting issues within the law department
Corporate Compliance Paralegal (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2014
FMC is an interesting place to work. Being part of the law department provides a variety of interesting issues and challenges.
Horrible place to work
operator (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PaMay 10, 2014
Pros: the employees on the floor
Cons: office employees and management. long hours expect overtime daily even if promised otherwise
The management at this facility are not trained very well. They focus on safety yet do not provide employees with key badges. The bathroom door to the office is unlocked and all employees are in a meeting at 9:45 till 9:55 leaving the building accessible to anyone including bio terrorists. The office especially the traffic clerk makes rude remarks to – more... other employees and sexually harasses the younger male employees. If you work here you will see that they go through an office person once a month or more. The warehouse is incredibly dirty and the equipment is unsafe. The batteries in the lifts continually leak and spill battery acid on the floor. This is a facility that ships food grade items and pharmaceutical precursors yet open exposes product to contaminants. – less
Great Pay, awesome shift work
Plant Operator/Lab Analyst (Former Employee), Green River WyMay 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, buses
Cons: management
I loved the shift work with this job... a week off every 3 weeks! The pay is very good, the company is cut throat though. Overall, I would go back in a heartbeat because of the pay,.
uae
Senior Sales Engineer-Aftermarket (Former Employee), abu dhabiApril 29, 2014
– Till day)
Work with FMC Technologies, Wellhead Equipment Division
As Senior Sales Engineer-Aftermarket
Job included the following:
 Establish a good business relationship with key customer contacts by developing strong rapport, maintaining effective communication with customer.
 Strong leadership with customer contacts wellhead Engineers in ADMA, – more... ADCO, ZADCO, and capable to achieve positive results
 Reply customer inquiries and clarify the requirement for quotations. Visit customer for follow up and related concerns.
 Be sure to meet the sales target, revenue and growth objectives by building the development and implementation of effective sales and customer attraction/retention strategies.
 Preparing quotation to the customer and chasing them to get the PO’s. Arrange the items delivery to customer along with required documents and handover for invoicing.
 Following the PO’s with Singapore and other vender to meet the spares and other equipment on time delivery
 Meeting and discuss with the customers and finalizing the new design issues for special projects.
 Solve outstanding issues with customer in regards to technical, repair, unpaid invoices and inventory related matters.
 Involve with a committee of hire personnel required with continuous support to service department.
 Forecast and plan for aftermarket sales department – less
Good place to work,
Former employee (Former Employee), Houston TexansApril 23, 2014
Pros: all overtime you want (cr/xray)
Cons: no complaint
I worked there for 2yrs & 2 months gain a lot of educational knowledge, benefits are great and pay was good. Enjoy everyone who I worked with, but I was just tierd of the same routine.

About FMC Corporation

E may = mc 2, but FMC = chemicals. Once in areas as diverse as oil field equipment and food machinery, FMC Corporation now focuses – Read more

FMC Corporation Photos