FMC Corporation

FMC Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Technical and Physical
Senior operator (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCMarch 3, 2014
Pros: good people, decent pay, lots of hours.
Cons: long tours of duty, can be in camp/far from home, isolated work areas.
Operating in the Frac Flow Back division is a healthy blend of physical and mental tasks. Setting up and tearing down the equipment is physically demanding while the operation of the testing equipment is mentally challenging. Troubleshooting problems and recognizing the effects/physics of flowing gas/oil wells through testing equipment can keep one – more... on one's toes. All traing is on the job and all essential skills and knowledge is learned while performing duties day to day. Both teamwork and unsupervised work are expected depending on the size of the crew ranging from 2 man to 10+ man crews with day and nightshifts. – less
interesting locations
Field Service Manager for Murphy Azurite Congo (Former Employee), field service managerNovember 5, 2013
working in many different locations within the oil and gas industery around the world
Great accomplishment and achievement
Project Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto On, Edmonton alberJuly 11, 2013
I love My Job and the environment and I am happy with my experience working with the best team.
Leed Hand
Lead Hand in Fabrications (Former Employee), Edmonton, AbJune 13, 2013
Pros: full benefits
Great company
Heavy oil and gas

Earned great work experience
AMAZING
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Whitecourt, ABMay 13, 2013
My typical work day was simple, and challenging. Easy guys to handle, great boss!! Hardest part about this job will be leaving it, but my daughter's life comes first
just a great job to have all around
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Houston,txSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great culture
We stayed busy,and always got the projectg out as safely and proficient as possible
FMC
Night Shift Assembly Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2014
I worked at FMC form 2005 to 2009 i love working for the company.
Typical was too start off with a safety meeting with all the works go over all jobs for the day and then began work building tools testing tool and reviewing data books at the end of the day.

I learned how to be leader in the shop and run a team of great people.

Management at FMC is – more... one of the great things i love aboout the company – less
Overall a great place to work!
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Stephenville, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: the company catered food for every thanksgiving and christmas, a $1000 yearly bonus was not uncommon.
Cons: n/a
When I began my career as a pump assembly/test Tech, I had no formal experience. The company trained me to do the requirements of my position and my facilitators were always willing to help, no matter what concerns I had. There was a learning curve for me, but the experience was rewarding and I would work for the company again tomorrow.
gd
Lead Coating Inspector (Current Employee), chinaSeptember 22, 2014
very good, challenging, career develpoment
well organize
Good company to work for
Supply Chain Leader - South America (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: the people, good family-work balance, compensation, growing industry
Horrible place to work
operator (Former Employee), mechanicsburg PaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: none really
Cons: bad hour, mistreatment and poor work ethic
Stay away from this company they are horrible. Employees damage product and play with the freight contents and reseal it. The equipment is not maintained and disgusting. There is blatant favortism and even harassment from office employees.
Team leader (Former Employee), Chesapeake vaSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: managers
Cultivates and tolerates a management practice of mobbing. Many good people run off and even careers lost. Hope new proposed legislation will force the corporation to enact an environment of cooperation to replace destructive practices
Worst IT environment
Desk Side (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Cons: too many to list
I was hired as a full time employee. In the first week, I realized corporate IT was a hostile environment. There is extreme brown-nosing within IT, there was no team solidarity.

Other techs were waiting for the opportunity for mistakes to be made to point them out, or to go report about it to the higher ups. Management is incompetent.

There's a "good – more... ol' boy" system, so to fit in one must have same sport interest, smoking habits, drinking habits as the rest of the team, other-wise you are not a "team player".

This company underpays IT employees. The cons far out-weigh the pros. Stay away if you wanna be stress free.. You have been warned.. – less
No structure
Fluid Technician I (Current Employee), Odessa, TexasSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: a lot of overtime
Cons: no personal life blance
poor management no structure and very long hours and no respect for employees.
I didnt like it at the end
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYSeptember 7, 2014
Drama filled, Clique's, The hardest part of my job was lack of support from management
its not to far from home
Global Development (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free fruit mon. wed and fri
Cons: old school management
its a job, my checks never bounced yet. they really need to clean house and remove some of the old way of thinking people
QC Tech (Contract)
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 28, 2014
Pros: decent pay, adequate supervision, strong safety culture
Cons: rotating shifts, potential short breaks
First position out of school, 6 month contact. The hardest part was the schedule, rotating 12 hour shifts. My supervisor was very helpful and co-workers were very friendly. The site had a great safety culture that is stressed from the moment you walk in the door and we were rewarded for participation in the safety programs. If all the production lines – more... were running it was very fast paced and could be difficult take your lunch break without getting behind. I would recommend to the company to someone looking for a job. – less
It's going downhill
Corporate employee (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: company and executive staff lacks integrity. low morale. employees get abused.
When I started out, it seemed like a great company. It pays well and the benefits are good. However, it went downhill slowly from day one. The corporate management has no integrity. They lied to us and said that no one was losing their job over a recent corporate split (we lost our jobs a few weeks later). They said the split would create more jobs, – more... yet I see few postings today, about half as many, as when I started. They also said that their is no risk of being acquired because of the split, which I also doubt.

The company has poor internal control. HR clearly favors management. The employee has no power. Employees are liable to get abused there. – less
Manufacturing company
Receiving / Warehouse/ Product Protection Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2014
Upper management not focused on vision of the company
Cut throat work environment with management encouraging departments to be at odds with each other.
Compensation and work life balence is the only positives that I can say about this company.
Nice working environment!
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: no overtime.
Cons: need a mother's room and a break room.
It's a good balance between work and family. My manager really understand the family value. It's nice to come to work everyday and work with a group of nice people.

1 2 3 4 5

About FMC Corporation

E may = mc 2, but FMC = chemicals. Once in areas as diverse as oil field equipment and food machinery, FMC Corporation now focuses – Read more

FMC Corporation Photos