Flying J

Flying J Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Ellenton, FlSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: no set schedule
Good company to work for. Fast paced environment with chances to move up in company.
Fun and safe enviorment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Clive, IASeptember 23, 2014
The managers were fantastic, they helped people when they were needed.
The hardest part of the job was finding the right people to exceed Flying J's standards.
The most enjoyable part of my job was showing up at work and taking care of the customers and meeting new people.
corporate truck stop
LABORER (Former Employee), St. AugustineSeptember 19, 2014
had to clean truck driver showers, get info from trucks at pumps
Fun energetic workplace
Coffee Hostess (Former Employee), Pontoon Beach, ILSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: my schedule was awesome
Cons: a lot of negative attention
Everyday was something different at the J. Customers would come in and tell you about what their lives are about and I learned a lot about the trucking company. My co-workers were good people all looking to make ends meet. The hardest part of that job was that its really easy to get distracted. You have to stay focused. Overall I enjoyed getting up – more... to go to work at Flying J. – less
Great staff funto work with great variety of customers
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Lodi, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: was a fun and active place to work
Cons: went out of business
I loved working at the flying J and would still be there if they had not merged with pilot and closed the full service restaurant. Schedule staff for weekly schedules and daily work assignments/ Did all food orders and inventory control. relieve employees for assigned breaks.
Line cook when needed, help with daily prep .Customer service and
cash handling.
Productive & Friendly
Guest Service Leader (Current Employee), Whiteland, INSeptember 7, 2014
A typical day starts with doing my walk through of the plaza to see what all needs to be done before the end of my shift. I then assign what needs to be done to the right department (maintenance, deli, cashier, ect) and follow up with them about an hour before I leave. I have learned that I'm a very likable person & easy to get along with but with that – more... comes the few that try to walk all over me. My current co-workers know what needs to be done & what's expected of them and are reminded when needed. The hardest part is dealing with the angry customers who are not satisfied and trying to make the best of the situation & urge them to continue using our stores. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing the positive feedback from all the different customers that come in and just hearing "great job today" from my boss. – less
Review of Flying J
PILOT (Former Employee), Sayre, OKAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of working at the deli. I learned that food is a fun way to pass the day away. Management was very helpful and my coworkers were great. Very productive! The hardest part of my job was the complicated orders but the most enjoyable part was working with food, which is my favorite thing to do.
Loved it
CASHIER (Former Employee), Corfu, NYAugust 24, 2014
Pros: managers
Cons: it changed to dennys
I loved working at flying j. I enjoyed the job and the managers.
Deli Assistant Manager Supervisor Shift Lead (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 24, 2014
Hard working job with great customer satifaction and reviews. Management and all co workers made work a very enjoyable place.
Fun Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Oak Grove, KYAugust 21, 2014
Pros: discounts on food at the restaurant attached to flying j, great staff and management
A typical day consisted of standing behind the counter and ringing people up on the cash register for their fuel or in store purchases. Also maintained the deli area and restocked cigarettes on the shelves behind us.

I learned a lot about truck drivers, places they've been and were going, and how to help customers. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... was great management, great customers, friendly co-workers and lots of team work.

I didn't really have a "hard part" of the job. I loved everything about working at Flying J! – less
Fast-pace but love the people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Catlettsburg, KYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: smiling customers
Cons: gossip among co-workers and management
I loved my job. I met several interesting people. I enjoyed talking with my customers and co-workers.
great place to work
Gerneral Manager/ Corp. Trainer (Former Employee), Ogden, UTAugust 18, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
excellent in all aspects. got to travel to different locations across the country and europe
its a great place as in people and communication
Customer service (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great meals
Cons: short breaks
i really didnt like the job because it was a gas station with a bunch of nasty truckers
very fast pace truck stop
cashier (Former Employee), clearbrook, vaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: days went by quick being super busy
Cons: wouldnt work with my visitation court order
I was a cashier and was always busy beings we were a truck stop. I had to do light cleaning, make coffee and stock when we had slow times.
Good Company
Fuel Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Pembroke, NYAugust 11, 2014
Company is now owned & run by Pilot. At the time, the company was a good place to work, but definitely needed improvements. Hopefully the new owner company will do better with it's new division.
First Gas station very happy i picked this one
Pilot (Former Employee), LouisianaAugust 10, 2014
good crew we all got along great the managers were even friendly but we all understood the boundary between us overall great.
Great Place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee), Pembroke, NYAugust 3, 2014
Sometimes it was busy sometimes things didnt get done before I came in but i never left work without being sweaty
terrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2014
worst bosses, terrible place to work, let me go after I had my first child
great place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Pendleton, INJuly 27, 2014
great management co-workers. Cat scales are hard at fist but easy after awhile. You get to meet fun and interesting people every day
My Favorite Job
Team Leader (Former Employee), Carneys Point, NJJuly 26, 2014
Pros: discount on food, multiple breaks, chance to move up
Working for Flying J was great. Everything done correct and to the liking of management was praised and acknowledged. I learned how to delegate tasks to other employees, deal with customer complaints, balance a safe, prepare for corporate visits, and how to be a part of a team that gets things done. My coworkers were all great people, and also worked – more... to the best of their ability. The hardest part of the job was knowing the difference between being a manager for a corporate business, and being a friend, playing no favorites. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers, they traveled all day long but still managed to be some of the friendliest people I met. – less

About Flying J

Pilot Flying J (PFJ), formerly Pilot Travel Centers, steers truckers and other motorists to more than 550 company-owned and -operated – Read more