Flying J Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace with my employees
Front Desk Service/Cashier, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB24 July 2013
When I come to work I start with asking my co-managers what they need health with. I am more than one thing at the store so whatever important needs to be done first I do it. I am always learning new things and with training other people as well, I learn different learning types.

My co-workers are always fun to be around and being close with some of them makes work comfortable.

The hardest part of my job is when I am asked to do too many things at once. I do try to just stop and think what the most important thing to do first. But, the most enjoyable part of my job is everyone being so friendly with each other and the managers there are always there to help.
Pros
paid weekly, half priced food
Cons
can be overwhelming
Semi-productive place with too many members of management
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON3 April 2013
a typical day at work is dealing with too many members of management that all have different ways of doing this and follow different policies and procedures. As a shift manager, this is very conflicting. However, on the good side more managers means more people i can ask questions to, get direction from and also learn from. I learned alot about petrolium systems and laws regarding them; how things need to be done on the fuel management side and troubleshooting. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with; they make the mood of the place bright and fun!
it was ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB23 January 2013
i didnt mind it there but after awhile it starts to wear you down
customer service
Server (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON10 January 2013
Taking care of customers, large reservations, different sections to work every day which gave a variety.
Pros
free lunches, great tips, great staff
Cons
long drive
was a good company that cared for it's employees until they were bought out
General Manager Multi-Unit (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 August 2012
Flying J was a great company to work for they cared about the staff and respected them and empowered them. Unfortunatly the company was sold and the new owners did not share the same vision
Pros
team members
Cons
corporate support
Fast pace enviroment
Maintanence (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 August 2012
I enjoyed working thier because it was so energetic, I like to meet new people just a nice place to work, with a great team
Pros
Cons
had to work graveyards
very nice place to work at
maintaince (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 August 2012
i would go back if there was a job for me. the staff was good to me while i worked there. i had no complants about working here
fun independet work
Out Side Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB12 June 2012
it was fun being out side and meeting people who need gas and pumps fixed
j ' aime me sentir important
Gérant général (restaurant/c-store) (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil, napanee,calgary,napierville.17 December 2014
j'aime avoir des défis ou me sentir important ...mais tout en sachant que nous devons toujours travailler en équipe ...et respecter notre équipe...
pour gagner la confiance de l`équipe , nous devons diriger tout en montrant l'exemple à suivre(procédures ou marches à suivre)...
Pros
formation continue
Cons
pas vraiment
travail de nuit
Gérante de la relève (Serveuse + Caissière) (Former Employee) –  vaudreuil4 July 2012
difficile, mais instrutif. Les gens qui viennent durant la nuit sont soit sympathique soit quelque peu en boisson, donc un peu trop loquace pour moi.