Flying J

Flying J Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, busy , sociable employment, and paid weekly
Cashier/janitorial/kitchen (Former Employee), Hope, BCMay 20, 2014
Pros: really nice coworkers
Cons: worked 10 days in a row sometimes
On a typical day at work there were things to fix, either a till , or a debit machine , or the pumps went offline , so we had to work together.
I learned teamwork , and developed patience and a sense of humour
Management was very friendly
The hardest part of the job was helping people who were waiting ,when they needed to get going.
The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was getting to know where people came from, the tourists from Austria, Sweden, Germany, etc. – less
Night shift
Night time cashier (Former Employee), Nisku, ABApril 9, 2014
I was on night shift I did cash, cleanup, stocking and laundry.
Productive and fun!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 15, 2014
I loved working here it was totally awesome! I am more of an animal person than a people both. I mean I am both but animals are my passion.

I did both kennel attendant and reception. I got to meet all the animals and get them set up for the vet. I booked appointments and kept files up to date.

Management was awesome they taught me everything and let – more... me be a part of the learning experience and a part of everything they did so I could carry on my passion as wanting to be a vet.

Co-workers were great too! They also taught me things I needed to know for the paperwork and all that fun stuff. I loved it. They were understanding when I couldn't get something but still taught me.

There wasn't really anything hard about the job I mean it was pretty basic. I loved it. I caught onto everything fairly quickly. Its too bad I moved back to Edmonton.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the animals for me. They're my passion. Always have been, always will be. – less
A great place to work!
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 15, 2013
I started at Home Depot from the Associate level. Over the years, with hard work and dedication I have moved up in the company very well.
good learning experience with different from normal
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2013
co-workers were cooperative
healthy environment
the most enjoyable part was interaction with customer and solving their problems
management was stern
Productive and fun workplace with my employees
Front Desk Service/Cashier, Maintenance (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJuly 24, 2013
Pros: paid weekly, half priced food
Cons: can be overwhelming
When I come to work I start with asking my co-managers what they need health with. I am more than one thing at the store so whatever important needs to be done first I do it. I am always learning new things and with training other people as well, I learn different learning types.

My co-workers are always fun to be around and being close with some of – more... them makes work comfortable.

The hardest part of my job is when I am asked to do too many things at once. I do try to just stop and think what the most important thing to do first. But, the most enjoyable part of my job is everyone being so friendly with each other and the managers there are always there to help. – less
Semi-productive place with too many members of management
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Kapuskasing, ONApril 3, 2013
a typical day at work is dealing with too many members of management that all have different ways of doing this and follow different policies and procedures. As a shift manager, this is very conflicting. However, on the good side more managers means more people i can ask questions to, get direction from and also learn from. I learned alot about petrolium – more... systems and laws regarding them; how things need to be done on the fuel management side and troubleshooting. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with; they make the mood of the place bright and fun! – less
it was ok
Cashier (Former Employee), High Level, ABJanuary 23, 2013
i didnt mind it there but after awhile it starts to wear you down
customer service
Server (Former Employee), Greater Napanee, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great tips, great staff
Cons: long drive
Taking care of customers, large reservations, different sections to work every day which gave a variety.
was a good company that cared for it's employees until they were bought out
General Manager Multi-Unit (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 29, 2012
Pros: team members
Cons: corporate support
Flying J was a great company to work for they cared about the staff and respected them and empowered them. Unfortunatly the company was sold and the new owners did not share the same vision
Fast pace enviroment
Maintanence (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 8, 2012
Pros: long hours
Cons: had to work graveyards
I enjoyed working thier because it was so energetic, I like to meet new people just a nice place to work, with a great team
very nice place to work at
maintaince (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 3, 2012
i would go back if there was a job for me. the staff was good to me while i worked there. i had no complants about working here
fun independet work
Out Side Maintenance (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJune 12, 2012
it was fun being out side and meeting people who need gas and pumps fixed
My Favorite Job
Team Leader (Former Employee), Carneys Point, NJJuly 26, 2014
Pros: discount on food, multiple breaks, chance to move up
Working for Flying J was great. Everything done correct and to the liking of management was praised and acknowledged. I learned how to delegate tasks to other employees, deal with customer complaints, balance a safe, prepare for corporate visits, and how to be a part of a team that gets things done. My coworkers were all great people, and also worked – more... to the best of their ability. The hardest part of the job was knowing the difference between being a manager for a corporate business, and being a friend, playing no favorites. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers, they traveled all day long but still managed to be some of the friendliest people I met. – less
An engaging and fast paced
Guest Service Leader 1 (Current Employee), Anthony, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: room for growth
Cons: healthcare
It is a good company to work for with opportunities for growth. A typical day is assisting customers and solving any issues that arise. Dealing with vendors and the "back side" of the store i.e. inventory, personnel decisions. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with customers and making their day better.
Great Management
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield CaJuly 16, 2014
Pros: team work, good management, benefits
Cons: difficult customers and high turn over
Fast paced, great management and fun staff. This is a customer oriented environment so it can be stressful.
Great company that makes the highest quality pole barns and does amazing remodels
Line Cook (Former Employee), La Grande, ORJuly 15, 2014
Pros: outdoors, working with good people, positive work environment
This company truly is amazing. The high level of quality of anything they produce blows most in this area out of the water. The owner and employees he has on staff are great and everyone is very skilled and detail oriented. This job was amazing!
Busy and Fun Place to Work
Retail Cashier (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJuly 13, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: health care
My typical day consisted of making sure the tills had the right amount of money before I started the day. I would sometimes be on the gas side of the store or the diesel side of the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interacting with all the customers that came and went from Flying J.
Loved working there!
Cashier (Former Employee), Woodhull, ILJuly 10, 2014
I loved working at Pilot. Every employee was friendly. The management was great and friendly! It was not hard work. Just providing great customer service!
Productive and Fun work place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2014
Best Job I worked at so far.
Nice Pay.
Great People.
Going In and Getting Off was the best part of the day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Flying J

Pilot Flying J (PFJ), formerly Pilot Travel Centers, steers truckers and otherĀ motorists to more thanĀ 550 company-owned and -operated – Read more