Flying J

Flying J Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Accounting /Administrative Manager
Accounting/Admin. Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 2, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: long hours
Accounting, paper work. Accounts payable and collections. Developed good time management and team work skills. Administrative-hire, train. Had a good team that never gave up
Productive, busy , sociable employment, and paid weekly
Cashier/janitorial/kitchen (Former Employee), Hope, BCMay 20, 2014
Pros: really nice coworkers
Cons: worked 10 days in a row sometimes
On a typical day at work there were things to fix, either a till , or a debit machine , or the pumps went offline , so we had to work together.
I learned teamwork , and developed patience and a sense of humour
Management was very friendly
The hardest part of the job was helping people who were waiting ,when they needed to get going.
The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was getting to know where people came from, the tourists from Austria, Sweden, Germany, etc. – less
Night shift
Night time cashier (Former Employee), Nisku, ABApril 9, 2014
I was on night shift I did cash, cleanup, stocking and laundry.
Productive and fun!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 15, 2014
I loved working here it was totally awesome! I am more of an animal person than a people both. I mean I am both but animals are my passion.

I did both kennel attendant and reception. I got to meet all the animals and get them set up for the vet. I booked appointments and kept files up to date.

Management was awesome they taught me everything and let – more... me be a part of the learning experience and a part of everything they did so I could carry on my passion as wanting to be a vet.

Co-workers were great too! They also taught me things I needed to know for the paperwork and all that fun stuff. I loved it. They were understanding when I couldn't get something but still taught me.

There wasn't really anything hard about the job I mean it was pretty basic. I loved it. I caught onto everything fairly quickly. Its too bad I moved back to Edmonton.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the animals for me. They're my passion. Always have been, always will be. – less
Not the greatest place to work
Relief Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), Napanee, OntarioDecember 3, 2013
It was always busy with customers. Learnt how to deal with very angry truck drivers. Management was ok and so was the co-workers. Hardest part of the job was dealing with angry truckers who's fuel cards did not work. Dealing with customers.
A great place to work!
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 15, 2013
I started at Home Depot from the Associate level. Over the years, with hard work and dedication I have moved up in the company very well.
good learning experience with different from normal
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2013
co-workers were cooperative
healthy environment
the most enjoyable part was interaction with customer and solving their problems
management was stern
Productive and fun workplace with my employees
Front Desk Service/Cashier, Maintenance (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJuly 24, 2013
Pros: paid weekly, half priced food
Cons: can be overwhelming
When I come to work I start with asking my co-managers what they need health with. I am more than one thing at the store so whatever important needs to be done first I do it. I am always learning new things and with training other people as well, I learn different learning types.

My co-workers are always fun to be around and being close with some of – more... them makes work comfortable.

The hardest part of my job is when I am asked to do too many things at once. I do try to just stop and think what the most important thing to do first. But, the most enjoyable part of my job is everyone being so friendly with each other and the managers there are always there to help. – less
Semi-productive place with too many members of management
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Kapuskasing, ONApril 3, 2013
a typical day at work is dealing with too many members of management that all have different ways of doing this and follow different policies and procedures. As a shift manager, this is very conflicting. However, on the good side more managers means more people i can ask questions to, get direction from and also learn from. I learned alot about petrolium – more... systems and laws regarding them; how things need to be done on the fuel management side and troubleshooting. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with; they make the mood of the place bright and fun! – less
it was ok
Cashier (Former Employee), High Level, ABJanuary 23, 2013
i didnt mind it there but after awhile it starts to wear you down
customer service
Server (Former Employee), Greater Napanee, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great tips, great staff
Cons: long drive
Taking care of customers, large reservations, different sections to work every day which gave a variety.
was a good company that cared for it's employees until they were bought out
General Manager Multi-Unit (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 29, 2012
Pros: team members
Cons: corporate support
Flying J was a great company to work for they cared about the staff and respected them and empowered them. Unfortunatly the company was sold and the new owners did not share the same vision
Fast pace enviroment
Maintanence (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 8, 2012
Pros: long hours
Cons: had to work graveyards
I enjoyed working thier because it was so energetic, I like to meet new people just a nice place to work, with a great team
very nice place to work at
maintaince (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 3, 2012
i would go back if there was a job for me. the staff was good to me while i worked there. i had no complants about working here
fun independet work
Out Side Maintenance (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJune 12, 2012
it was fun being out side and meeting people who need gas and pumps fixed
it was a fun place to work and the people were very nice
maintance (Former Employee), Beaverdam, OHNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch, nice people to work with
Cons: doing trash runs outside when its cold raining and snowing
i would take out trash, sweep and mop floors, clean restrooms and showers for truck drivers.
the cab drivers were very nice
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2014
Pros: learn to work in a stressful situation and not get over whelmed
Cons: sometimes the drivers get mad if they don't get good runs and won't answer you calls over the radio.
the job is stressful but the drivers are pretty nice as long as you give them a ride that will be there when they arrive to the address
Maintenance worker maintaining clean environment
Maintenance (Former Employee), Davenport, IANovember 13, 2014
Pros: learning how to be a good maintainence person
Cons: short breaks
typical day check pump verifications and take trash outside.
fun place to work
Server/ Cashier (Former Employee), Lake Station, INNovember 12, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: more pay
enjoyed meeting different people. like the diversity.would recommed this job.
Travel Plaza very busy
Associate General Manager (Former Employee), Lake Station, INOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free meals, chance to go to any one of our restaurants for meals
Cons: company went bankrupt
kitchen manager, recruiting employees training food inventory, schedules, new menus roll out

1 2 3 4 5

About Flying J

Pilot Flying J (PFJ), formerly Pilot Travel Centers, steers truckers and other motorists to more than 550 company-owned and -operated – Read more