Flying J

Flying J Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, busy , sociable employment, and paid weekly
Cashier/janitorial/kitchen (Former Employee), Hope, BCMay 20, 2014
Pros: really nice coworkers
Cons: worked 10 days in a row sometimes
On a typical day at work there were things to fix, either a till , or a debit machine , or the pumps went offline , so we had to work together.
I learned teamwork , and developed patience and a sense of humour
Management was very friendly
The hardest part of the job was helping people who were waiting ,when they needed to get going.
The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was getting to know where people came from, the tourists from Austria, Sweden, Germany, etc. – less
Night shift
Night time cashier (Former Employee), Nisku, ABApril 9, 2014
I was on night shift I did cash, cleanup, stocking and laundry.
Productive and fun!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 15, 2014
I loved working here it was totally awesome! I am more of an animal person than a people both. I mean I am both but animals are my passion.

I did both kennel attendant and reception. I got to meet all the animals and get them set up for the vet. I booked appointments and kept files up to date.

Management was awesome they taught me everything and let – more... me be a part of the learning experience and a part of everything they did so I could carry on my passion as wanting to be a vet.

Co-workers were great too! They also taught me things I needed to know for the paperwork and all that fun stuff. I loved it. They were understanding when I couldn't get something but still taught me.

There wasn't really anything hard about the job I mean it was pretty basic. I loved it. I caught onto everything fairly quickly. Its too bad I moved back to Edmonton.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the animals for me. They're my passion. Always have been, always will be. – less
Not the greatest place to work
Relief Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), Napanee, OntarioDecember 3, 2013
It was always busy with customers. Learnt how to deal with very angry truck drivers. Management was ok and so was the co-workers. Hardest part of the job was dealing with angry truckers who's fuel cards did not work. Dealing with customers.
A great place to work!
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 15, 2013
I started at Home Depot from the Associate level. Over the years, with hard work and dedication I have moved up in the company very well.
good learning experience with different from normal
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2013
co-workers were cooperative
healthy environment
the most enjoyable part was interaction with customer and solving their problems
management was stern
Productive and fun workplace with my employees
Front Desk Service/Cashier, Maintenance (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJuly 24, 2013
Pros: paid weekly, half priced food
Cons: can be overwhelming
When I come to work I start with asking my co-managers what they need health with. I am more than one thing at the store so whatever important needs to be done first I do it. I am always learning new things and with training other people as well, I learn different learning types.

My co-workers are always fun to be around and being close with some of – more... them makes work comfortable.

The hardest part of my job is when I am asked to do too many things at once. I do try to just stop and think what the most important thing to do first. But, the most enjoyable part of my job is everyone being so friendly with each other and the managers there are always there to help. – less
Semi-productive place with too many members of management
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Kapuskasing, ONApril 3, 2013
a typical day at work is dealing with too many members of management that all have different ways of doing this and follow different policies and procedures. As a shift manager, this is very conflicting. However, on the good side more managers means more people i can ask questions to, get direction from and also learn from. I learned alot about petrolium – more... systems and laws regarding them; how things need to be done on the fuel management side and troubleshooting. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with; they make the mood of the place bright and fun! – less
it was ok
Cashier (Former Employee), High Level, ABJanuary 23, 2013
i didnt mind it there but after awhile it starts to wear you down
customer service
Server (Former Employee), Greater Napanee, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great tips, great staff
Cons: long drive
Taking care of customers, large reservations, different sections to work every day which gave a variety.
was a good company that cared for it's employees until they were bought out
General Manager Multi-Unit (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 29, 2012
Pros: team members
Cons: corporate support
Flying J was a great company to work for they cared about the staff and respected them and empowered them. Unfortunatly the company was sold and the new owners did not share the same vision
Fast pace enviroment
Maintanence (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 8, 2012
Pros: long hours
Cons: had to work graveyards
I enjoyed working thier because it was so energetic, I like to meet new people just a nice place to work, with a great team
very nice place to work at
maintaince (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 3, 2012
i would go back if there was a job for me. the staff was good to me while i worked there. i had no complants about working here
fun independet work
Out Side Maintenance (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJune 12, 2012
it was fun being out side and meeting people who need gas and pumps fixed
Fast-pace but love the people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Catlettsburg, KYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: smiling customers
Cons: gossip among co-workers and management
I loved my job. I met several interesting people. I enjoyed talking with my customers and co-workers.
great place to work
Gerneral Manager/ Corp. Trainer (Former Employee), Ogden, UTAugust 18, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
excellent in all aspects. got to travel to different locations across the country and europe
its a great place as in people and communication
Customer service (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great meals
Cons: short breaks
i really didnt like the job because it was a gas station with a bunch of nasty truckers
very fast pace truck stop
cashier (Former Employee), clearbrook, vaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: days went by quick being super busy
Cons: wouldnt work with my visitation court order
I was a cashier and was always busy beings we were a truck stop. I had to do light cleaning, make coffee and stock when we had slow times.
Good Company
Fuel Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Pembroke, NYAugust 11, 2014
Company is now owned & run by Pilot. At the time, the company was a good place to work, but definitely needed improvements. Hopefully the new owner company will do better with it's new division.
First Gas station very happy i picked this one
Pilot (Former Employee), LouisianaAugust 10, 2014
good crew we all got along great the managers were even friendly but we all understood the boundary between us overall great.

1 2 3 4 5

About Flying J

Pilot Flying J (PFJ), formerly Pilot Travel Centers, steers truckers and otherĀ motorists to more thanĀ 550 company-owned and -operated – Read more