Flying J

Flying J Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Accounting /Administrative Manager
Accounting/Admin. Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 2, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: long hours
Accounting, paper work. Accounts payable and collections. Developed good time management and team work skills. Administrative-hire, train. Had a good team that never gave up
Productive, busy , sociable employment, and paid weekly
Cashier/janitorial/kitchen (Former Employee), Hope, BCMay 20, 2014
Pros: really nice coworkers
Cons: worked 10 days in a row sometimes
On a typical day at work there were things to fix, either a till , or a debit machine , or the pumps went offline , so we had to work together.
I learned teamwork , and developed patience and a sense of humour
Management was very friendly
The hardest part of the job was helping people who were waiting ,when they needed to get going.
The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was getting to know where people came from, the tourists from Austria, Sweden, Germany, etc. – less
Night shift
Night time cashier (Former Employee), Nisku, ABApril 9, 2014
I was on night shift I did cash, cleanup, stocking and laundry.
Productive and fun!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 15, 2014
I loved working here it was totally awesome! I am more of an animal person than a people both. I mean I am both but animals are my passion.

I did both kennel attendant and reception. I got to meet all the animals and get them set up for the vet. I booked appointments and kept files up to date.

Management was awesome they taught me everything and let – more... me be a part of the learning experience and a part of everything they did so I could carry on my passion as wanting to be a vet.

Co-workers were great too! They also taught me things I needed to know for the paperwork and all that fun stuff. I loved it. They were understanding when I couldn't get something but still taught me.

There wasn't really anything hard about the job I mean it was pretty basic. I loved it. I caught onto everything fairly quickly. Its too bad I moved back to Edmonton.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the animals for me. They're my passion. Always have been, always will be. – less
Not the greatest place to work
Relief Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), Napanee, OntarioDecember 3, 2013
It was always busy with customers. Learnt how to deal with very angry truck drivers. Management was ok and so was the co-workers. Hardest part of the job was dealing with angry truckers who's fuel cards did not work. Dealing with customers.
A great place to work!
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 15, 2013
I started at Home Depot from the Associate level. Over the years, with hard work and dedication I have moved up in the company very well.
good learning experience with different from normal
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2013
co-workers were cooperative
healthy environment
the most enjoyable part was interaction with customer and solving their problems
management was stern
Productive and fun workplace with my employees
Front Desk Service/Cashier, Maintenance (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJuly 24, 2013
Pros: paid weekly, half priced food
Cons: can be overwhelming
When I come to work I start with asking my co-managers what they need health with. I am more than one thing at the store so whatever important needs to be done first I do it. I am always learning new things and with training other people as well, I learn different learning types.

My co-workers are always fun to be around and being close with some of – more... them makes work comfortable.

The hardest part of my job is when I am asked to do too many things at once. I do try to just stop and think what the most important thing to do first. But, the most enjoyable part of my job is everyone being so friendly with each other and the managers there are always there to help. – less
Semi-productive place with too many members of management
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Kapuskasing, ONApril 3, 2013
a typical day at work is dealing with too many members of management that all have different ways of doing this and follow different policies and procedures. As a shift manager, this is very conflicting. However, on the good side more managers means more people i can ask questions to, get direction from and also learn from. I learned alot about petrolium – more... systems and laws regarding them; how things need to be done on the fuel management side and troubleshooting. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with; they make the mood of the place bright and fun! – less
it was ok
Cashier (Former Employee), High Level, ABJanuary 23, 2013
i didnt mind it there but after awhile it starts to wear you down
customer service
Server (Former Employee), Greater Napanee, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great tips, great staff
Cons: long drive
Taking care of customers, large reservations, different sections to work every day which gave a variety.
was a good company that cared for it's employees until they were bought out
General Manager Multi-Unit (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 29, 2012
Pros: team members
Cons: corporate support
Flying J was a great company to work for they cared about the staff and respected them and empowered them. Unfortunatly the company was sold and the new owners did not share the same vision
Fast pace enviroment
Maintanence (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 8, 2012
Pros: long hours
Cons: had to work graveyards
I enjoyed working thier because it was so energetic, I like to meet new people just a nice place to work, with a great team
very nice place to work at
maintaince (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 3, 2012
i would go back if there was a job for me. the staff was good to me while i worked there. i had no complants about working here
fun independet work
Out Side Maintenance (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJune 12, 2012
it was fun being out side and meeting people who need gas and pumps fixed
Great place to practice people skills
Pilot (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 22, 2014
Pros: great people oriented job
Cons: repetitive
Restocking, cleaning, and running cash register. Learn patience and tolerance. Good peer environment. Most enjoyable part was the outdoor duties
Nice coworkers, bad environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), North East, MDOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great regulars
Cons: short staff, dirty, rude customers
Daily I would cash out truck drivers gas purchases and other customers purchases. I would also help the maintenance team clean because they were extremely short-staffed. Management was decent, and worked with you if you had specific shift needs.
The hardest part of this job was how short-staffed everyone was. Maintnence was short so they would have – more... a cashier cover the position, then up front would be short so deli would send someone up to cover, it was a vicious cycle.
Many drivers were rude, sexist, and dismissive of me because I am a woman. But there were some drivers who were regulars that were extremely polite and were the best part of the job. No matter how bad it got they could cheer me up. – less
Good enough for a high school student
Cashier (Former Employee), Winslow, AZOctober 3, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: didn't have clear schedules
I showed up at work, got behind the register and made transactions my whole shift. Nothing exciting really happened. The management was ok, until my contract came up for me to join the military, then they became mean towards me during my final weeks there.
Great Company to work for
Food Service Manager (Assistant General Manager) (Former Employee), Haubstadt, INOctober 2, 2014
Amazing benefits and outstanding support from upper management. Work/life balance is not the greatest, but Pilot makes up for it with benefit package
Fun atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Seffner, FLSeptember 29, 2014
With all of the truckers coming in and out of our store, it was a very fun atmosphere.

1 2 3 4 5

About Flying J

Pilot Flying J (PFJ), formerly Pilot Travel Centers, steers truckers and otherĀ motorists to more thanĀ 550 company-owned and -operated – Read more