Flying J Employee Reviews

fun place but some truckers are sinicle
Cashier/ Retail Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON14 July 2017
the atmosphere was very fast paced, gogogo, kind of style work when its a blizzard, highways are closed, and you are short staffed for the odd 15 people wanting showers food products and much much more.
New to Canada
Office Manager- Accounting/Administration (Former Employee) –  Headingly, Mb8 June 2017
Very busy, was new to Canada when I worked there. Lots of confusing information and systems that did not work. Lousy management team at that time. Need to change management team
Pros
Good employees
Cons
lousy management
Not a great job went home in tears more than once
Server (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB10 April 2017
The job was fine when I first started but then we would work short handed. Management were bullys. I was willing to work any shift they asked and work overtime but if for some reason I couldn't stay late one shift they made you feel bad about it. They best part were the customers I love people. The hardest was working alone and being overwhelmed by a 300 person restaurant and no help it was difficult.
When they had an opening for any other position they tended to hire outside and not promote the serve staff.
Pros
Great tips
Cons
Management favortism
Productive place to work
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Headingley, MB9 April 2017
Management is good. Must be able to work different shifts. Environment is good. Must be able to keep up with tasks, get very busy. Learned lots of cashier skills and food handling skills.
Not be best job in to world. The managment needs a full revamp
Deli/Pizza (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON20 July 2016
Low on staff and needs a revamp on managers as well as they should have surprise visits for corporate

There is never been enough help or team work they seem to only want to get the profits then care about there staff.
Pros
Busy place to work
Cons
Not enough staff
Fun place to work great team work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2016
my typical day at work would be meeting new people handle all tasks that were requested sometimes it would get boring and at times it would be fun my co-workers were fun to work with very nice people but i was not getting paid to good my most enjoyable thing to do was stock up the products.
Pros
50 percent discount
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC8 January 2016
a typical day of work consisted of working with the staf in completing the tasks in the day examples:cleaning the stores on my nite shift for closing.what i learned was how to keep customers happy.management was great.co-workers were awsome.hardest part of job there was none.most enjoyable part was working with co-workers and having a friendly work environment.
does notcare about employees
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC16 November 2015
flying j was s company that did not care about its employess, i enjoyed working with the colleagues and meeting new people
an ok place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Canada13 January 2015
a very stressful place to work, with little pay.

served customers, kept an eye on customers inside and outside,
j ' aime me sentir important
Gérant général (restaurant/c-store) (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil, napanee,calgary,napierville.17 December 2014
j'aime avoir des défis ou me sentir important ...mais tout en sachant que nous devons toujours travailler en équipe ...et respecter notre équipe...
pour gagner la confiance de l`équipe , nous devons diriger tout en montrant l'exemple à suivre(procédures ou marches à suivre)...
Pros
formation continue
Cons
pas vraiment
Awsome and Interesting place to work at
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2014
Lots of stuff to learn
Meeting new people everyday
Really hard to find maintenance employees
Customer service
Pros
Paid 20 minutes break
Accounting /Administrative Manager
Accounting/Admin. Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2014
Accounting, paper work. Accounts payable and collections. Developed good time management and team work skills. Administrative-hire, train. Had a good team that never gave up
Pros
team work
Cons
Productive, busy , sociable employment, and paid weekly
Cashier/janitorial/kitchen (Former Employee) –  Hope, BC20 May 2014
On a typical day at work there were things to fix, either a till , or a debit machine , or the pumps went offline , so we had to work together.
I learned teamwork , and developed patience and a sense of humour
Management was very friendly
The hardest part of the job was helping people who were waiting ,when they needed to get going.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know where people came from, the tourists from Austria, Sweden, Germany, etc.
Pros
Really nice coworkers
Cons
Worked 10 days in a row sometimes
Night shift
Night time cashier (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 April 2014
I was on night shift I did cash, cleanup, stocking and laundry.
Productive and fun!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB15 January 2014
I loved working here it was totally awesome! I am more of an animal person than a people both. I mean I am both but animals are my passion.

I did both kennel attendant and reception. I got to meet all the animals and get them set up for the vet. I booked appointments and kept files up to date.

Management was awesome they taught me everything and let me be a part of the learning experience and a part of everything they did so I could carry on my passion as wanting to be a vet.

Co-workers were great too! They also taught me things I needed to know for the paperwork and all that fun stuff. I loved it. They were understanding when I couldn't get something but still taught me.

There wasn't really anything hard about the job I mean it was pretty basic. I loved it. I caught onto everything fairly quickly. Its too bad I moved back to Edmonton.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the animals for me. They're my passion. Always have been, always will be.
Not the greatest place to work
Relief Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napanee, Ontario3 December 2013
It was always busy with customers. Learnt how to deal with very angry truck drivers. Management was ok and so was the co-workers. Hardest part of the job was dealing with angry truckers who's fuel cards did not work. Dealing with customers.
A great place to work!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 November 2013
I started at Home Depot from the Associate level. Over the years, with hard work and dedication I have moved up in the company very well.
good learning experience with different from normal
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 August 2013
co-workers were cooperative
healthy environment
the most enjoyable part was interaction with customer and solving their problems
management was stern
Productive and fun workplace with my employees
Front Desk Service/Cashier, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB24 July 2013
When I come to work I start with asking my co-managers what they need health with. I am more than one thing at the store so whatever important needs to be done first I do it. I am always learning new things and with training other people as well, I learn different learning types.

My co-workers are always fun to be around and being close with some of them makes work comfortable.

The hardest part of my job is when I am asked to do too many things at once. I do try to just stop and think what the most important thing to do first. But, the most enjoyable part of my job is everyone being so friendly with each other and the managers there are always there to help.
Pros
paid weekly, half priced food
Cons
can be overwhelming
Semi-productive place with too many members of management
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON3 April 2013
a typical day at work is dealing with too many members of management that all have different ways of doing this and follow different policies and procedures. As a shift manager, this is very conflicting. However, on the good side more managers means more people i can ask questions to, get direction from and also learn from. I learned alot about petrolium systems and laws regarding them; how things need to be done on the fuel management side and troubleshooting. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with; they make the mood of the place bright and fun!