Flying Colours Corp. was established in 1989 and is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions and maintenance. Based in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, Flying Colours has grown into a leading aviation service provider with concentration in the following areas:
- Green Completions
- Refurbishment & Modification
- Executive Conversions
- Maintenance & Repair
- Exterior Paint
- Avionics Upgrade & Installation
- Engineering & Design
Flying Colours is a factory authorized Bombardier and Beechcraft service center.
Due to continued growth in our businesses, we have a requirement for an experienced Upholstery Technician to join our Team at our Peterborough, Ontario location.
Upholstery Technicians fabricate, repair, modify, and refurbish aircraft seats, divans, sidewalls and associated components, including the re-upholstery of panels, liners and sidewalls, to high degrees of finish quality and structural safety. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Operate industrial, single, multi-needle sewing machines, sergers, overlocks, piping or binding machines, tacker or bartack machinery.
- Measure, cut and prepare foam materials, fabrics and leathers used in the upholstery process.
- Fit, install, and secure material on work piece, using hand tools, power tools, and adhesives.
- Strip and recover seats and their components.
- Identify areas of potential problems in the upholstery process and develop a solution.
- Interpret material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets applicable requirements.
- Perform work in a productive, diligent, careful and safe manner.
- Work in compliance with all Administrative, Health and Safety policies and procedures as per legislative requirements and as outlined in Company policies.
Candidates should have extensive practical industrial sewing and upholstery experience, ideally working with seating and leather materials, as well as, general knowledge of aircraft components, including repairing, modifying, refurbishing and fabricating aircraft seating and interior components including stripping and re-covering existing interior coverings.
Sewers must have the additional qualifications and skill to masterfully operate single needle machine, multi-needle machine, leather stitching machine, piping or binding machine, tacker or bartack machinery.
Strong mathematical knowledge is required, as is the ability to make accurate measurements and finish materials to a high level of quality and precision.
- $13-$15 per hour
- Eligibility for Group Benefits after 3 months of employment
How to Apply
Please apply by email with your resume in MS Word or PDF format, quoting the following in your email subject-line to be considered: UPH-12-2013". While we appreciate all resumes received, we can only contact directly those applicants under consideration for interview. EOE.
Please note that applicants for these positions must have current status to work in Canada in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Flying Colours Corp. is proud to participate in the Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP). We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including candidates representing the four designated groups: Women, members of Visible Minorities, Aboriginal Peoples and Persons with Disabilities.