FLYING COLOURS CORP. was established in 1989 and is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions and maintenance. Based in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada Flying Colours has grown into a leading aviation service provider with concentration in the following areas:
- Green Completions
- Refurbishment and Modification
- Executive Conversions
- Maintenance and Repair
- Exterior Paint
- Avionics Upgrade and Installation
- Engineering and Design
Flying Colours is a factory authorized Bombardier and Beechcraft service center.
Due to continued growth in our business, we have a requirement for experienced Senior Design Engineers to join our Team at our Peterborough, Ontario location.
Engineers will be responsible for the planning, organization, and directing of projects from concept through design, prototype, manufacturing and commissioning stages. Engineers will also be responsible for ensuring that work meets established internal quality standards, as well as, customer specifications.
- Establishes methods to meet work schedules and coordinates work activities with Operations Managers;
- Provide specialized expertise in the design, testing, commissioning and troubleshooting of structure and mechanical components of aircraft design;
- Manage multiple projects and tasks of varying complexity;
- Provide advice, consultation and leadership to other team members in the operations group;
- Carry out hazard and risk assessments;
- Interpret federal codes (Transport Canada), particularly as they pertain to the design and modification of components and sub-assemblies;
- Implement project management methodologies for the planning and control of a project or campaign;
- Communicates routinely and thoroughly with all departments involved in projects and aircraft completions;
- May compile and analyze test data to ensure operating efficiency of equipment and processes; recommending and making adjustments as required;
- Verify the completeness and quality of design, ensuring compliance with Federal, Company, and Avionics Standards, latest applicable revision or other applicable engineering authority;
- Ensure that drawing release dates support the operations aircraft schedule;
- Provide RFE and troubleshooting support to aircraft leads as needed;
- Collaborate with aircraft lead to resolve technical snags;
- Responsible for quality control of in-house engineering and monitoring of engineering firms, including: translating customer specifications to engineering design key characteristics, review of design functional and physical attributes against customer and regulatory requirements; managing engineering changes through updates to drawings and drawing lists, issue design corrections or updates as needed, and liaise with internal/external engineering firms as needed to support the RFE process.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- P.Eng accreditation or eligibility for such registration in future;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar role;
- Excellent communication and project management skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCad and SolidWorks;
- Expertise in design, testing, risk analysis, project management;
- Candidates must have excellent report writing, problem resolution and presentation skills.
Apply online to : the HR common email address, stating in the subject line the posting #SDE-03-2014.
Closing Date : Open until a suitable candidate is found.
While we appreciate all resumes received, we can only contact directly those applicants under consideration for interview.
Flying Colours Corp. is proud to participate in the Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP). We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including candidates representing the four designated groups: Women, members of Visible Minorities, Aboriginal Peoples and Persons with Disabilities.