FLYING COLOURS CORP. was established in 1989 and is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions & maintenance. Based in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, Flying Colours has grown into a leading aviation service provider with concentration in the following areas:
- Green Completions
- Refurbishment & Modification
- Executive Conversions
- Maintenance & Repair
- Exterior Paint
- Avionics Upgrade & Installation
- Engineering & Design
Flying Colours is a factory authorized Bombardier and Beechcraft service center.
Due to continued growth in our businesses, we have a requirement for a Quality Assurance Inspector to join our Team at our Peterborough, Ontario location.
The Quality Assurance Inspector will be responsible for exercising quality control of airworthiness matters in the maintenance, manufacturing, completion, AS9100C and NADCAP functions. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Liaison with Transport Canada on regulatory and maintenance subjects;
- Liaison with Foreign Regulatory Agencies for regulatory and AMO approvals;
- Responsible for the Quality Assurance Programs, including audits and on-going evaluation of program effectiveness and improvements;
- Maintain and revise the MPM, QPM, QSM and Foreign Approval Manuals to ensure they always comply to the regulations;
- Maintain an effective training program;
- Work in collaboration with production and provide technical guidance / assistance;
- Ensure work performed meets quality standards, policies and procedures;
- Conduct investigations, risk analysis and prepare incident reports;
- Be an active member and promote the Safety Management System (SMS);
- Promote Continuous Improvement activities;
- Monitor maintenance activities and ensure the Company Manuals are adhered to.
- Valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) license M1/M2 issued by Transport Canada.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a licensed AME.
- Meet the standards of competency of CAR 573.04
- Experience in Quality Assurance and MRO activities.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Organized, autonomous and very motivated.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Internet)
We offer competitive compensation to qualified and highly motivated candidates. Please note that applicants for this position must have current status to work in Canada in order to be considered for this opportunity.
How to Apply
Please apply by email with your resume in MS-Word format (one attachment only), quoting the following in your email subject-line to be considered: "QAI-02-2014".
While we appreciate all resumes received, we can only contact directly those applicants under consideration for interview. EOE .
Flying Colours Corp. is proud to participate in the Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP). We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including candidates representing the four designated groups: Women, members of Visible Minorities, Aboriginal Peoples and Persons with Disabilities.