FLYING COLOURS CORP. was established in 1989 and is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions & maintenance. Based in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, Flying Colours has grown into a leading aviation service provider with concentration in the following areas:
- Green Completions
- Refurbishment & Modification
- Executive Conversions
- Maintenance & Repair
- Exterior Paint
- Avionics Upgrade & Installation
- Engineering & Design
Flying Colours is a factory authorized Bombardier and Beechcraft service center.
Due to continued growth in our businesses, we have a requirement for an experienced Purchasing Manager to join our Team at our Peterborough, Ontario location.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for ensuring the maintenance and continuous improvement of our supply and vendor chain, its effectiveness and efficiency. The candidate will contribute organizational and technical leadership within the entire manufacturing facility and the Company generally. Other essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Purchases raw materials, parts, and subassemblies to meet production schedule.
- Purchases consumables and non-production parts, supplies, equipment.
- Evaluates existing and new suppliers to achieve the best quality, price, and delivery to achieve cost savings while maintaining a strong working relationship with suppliers.
- Works with Operations and Quality department to address supplier Quality non-conformances in a timely manner with an unbiased approach to achieve Client satisfaction and initiates appropriate corrective actions in Production / Operations as required.
- Inspects and evaluate material and equipment for compliance to standards, recommending corrective or enforcement action where necessary.
- Obtains best pricing for purchased parts to achieve cost savings and expense reduction targets while maintaining full quality priorities.
- Trains, motivates and coordinates Purchasing Staff to work safely, efficiently and to exceptional quality standards.
- Maintains inventory, method and work instruction updates, and other controlled documentation both electronically and in hard copy.
- Obtain supplier quotes and negotiate pricing and delivery terms on parts and new equipment.
- Ensures appropriate parts are obtained in proper quantities that meet our quality standards at the best price, timely delivery to meet production requirements.
- Ability to procure emergency items with short notice.
- Obtains return goods authorizations for defective parts from suppliers.
- Evaluate existing suppliers, new suppliers, alternative parts and equipment and recommend changes as required.
- Review parts and order quantities and adjust as required.
- Review stock levels, ensure parts are on hand for scheduled production or orders are placed.
- Review specific production needs/inventory.
- Manage emergency stock-out situations
- Works in compliance with all Administrative, Health & Safety policies and procedures as per legislative requirements and as outlined in Company policies.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications:
Applicants must have at least 5 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment (or substantial equivalent) as well as a degree in Business Administration, Materials Management, or a related discipline. A background in Aviation/Aerospace is desirable but not essential. Strong organizational, planning, research and negotiating skills are required.
Essential skills required:
- Application knowledge in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel.
- Excellent keyboarding speed and accuracy.
- Previous experience with aviation tracking software an asset.
- Effective and efficient multi-tasking abilities while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of Company personnel.
- Must be flexible and organized with the ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
We offer competitive compensation to qualified and highly motivated candidates. Please note that applicants for this position must have current status to work in Canada in order to be considered for this opportunity.
How to Apply
Please apply by email (Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format). Please note the position title and posting number in the subject line of your email ("PMP-10-2013").
While we appreciate all resumes received, we can only contact directly those applicants under consideration for interview. EOE .
Flying Colours Corp. is proud to participate in the Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP). We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including candidates representing the four designated groups: Women, members of Visible Minorities, Aboriginal Peoples and Persons with Disabilities.