FLYING COLOURS CORP. was established in 1989 and is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions and maintenance. Based in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, Flying Colours has grown into a leading aviation service provider with concentration in the following areas:
- Green completions
- Refurbishment and Modification
- Executive Conversions
- Maintenance and Repair
- Exterior Paint
- Avionics Upgrade and Installation
- Engineering and Design
Flying Colours Corp. is a factory authorized Bombardier and Beechcraft service center.
Due to continued growth in our business, we have a requirement for an experienced Avionics Technician (AME "E") to join our Team at our Peterborough, Ontario location. This position requires a minimum of three (3) years of licensed aircraft maintenance experience. Apprentices will not be considered.
This position entails a solid foundation of avionics system installation and testing on both turbo props and jet aircraft, including electrical, entertainment, and instruments. This position also involves, but is not limited to installation tasks, repairs, modifications, testing, and inspections on aircraft systems and equipment. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Visually inspect, assess, and assist in installations, repairs and modifications to aircraft systems and equipment.
- Remove, install and functionally test aircraft components.
- Dismantle and assemble aircraft systems for repair and overhaul.
- Diagnostically troubleshoot aircraft defects and carry out corrective action.
- Interpreting wiring diagrams to make efficient installation decisions.
- Troubleshooting to identify wiring diagram errors.
- Marking the wires using a laser wire labeling machine, sorting the marked wires into specific bundles, installing clamps, tie-wraps and associated hardware, as well as terminating wires with the appropriate pins and connectors.
- Troubleshooting and fault isolation of complex avionics systems to verify serviceability.
- In-depth understanding of aircraft electrical safety standards and practices apply electrical power to aircraft in various stages of assembly or repair.
- Final aircraft "ring-outs" to ensure that every wire is accounted for and correctly connected in accordance with the applicable released wiring diagram as their reference.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are controlled on aircraft that are receiving maintenance within the company's facilities and that technical records are originated and retained with respect to all inspections and maintenance functions.
- Complete records of work done to sustain an accurate record system.
- Must perform work in accordance with all Transport Canada guidelines.
- Completion of College/CEGEP/vocational/or technical training.
- AME "E" Aircraft License (must be completed)
- Minimum of 3 years of licensed aircraft maintenance experience is required. Apprentices will not be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret blueprints and written technical instructions.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and elevated heights when required.
- Excellent planning, organization and coordination skills.
- Excellent judgment, strong attention to detail.
We offer competitive compensation to qualified and highly motivated candidates. Please note that applicants for this position must have current status to work in Canada in order to be considered for this opportunity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by email with your resume in MS-Word or PDF format only. Please quote the following in your email subject line to be considered: "AV-12-2013".
While we appreciate all resumes received, we can only contact directly those applicants under consideration for interview. EOE.
Flying Colours Corp. is proud to participate in the Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP). We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including candidates representing the four designated groups: Women, members of Visible Minorities, Aboriginal Peoples and Persons with Disabilities.