Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place to work.
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  CanadaAugust 12, 2014
Good place to work with supportive managers and plenty of opportunity.
An industry leading EPCM campany
Electrical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 3, 2014
a place you can challenge yourself, you can improve, you can plan your future...
basketball courts,mwr gym, internet rooms,etc etc.
employee HVAC-mechanic-Afghanistan (Former Employee) –  AfgninstanJune 12, 2014
12 h daily work,meet a lot of people different nations and cultures,enjoying in the mwr gym and make lot of friends,great team with me in daily duties helping each other and learning new things related to job,great time.
A big EPC company with rich project expereince
Instrumentation/Control Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 11, 2014
The most of enjoyable part of the job is you know what you should do and how to meet project schedule.

Job culture is good!
Adhers to company guidelines and processes ( budget, Procurement, Expenses, time skeeping)
Lead Cost Control (Former Employee) –  St johns , NewfoundlandMay 12, 2014
* Organize Project control functions and manages time and task effectively

* Apprlies Learning and development my previous experinces

* Work with Professtional Management on the job site to gin knowledge & techanical skills.

* Most enjoyable part site visitng to talk safety tool box.
Pros
monthly safety milestones meeting and gift card lottery milestons
Cons
to meet deadlines
Great people to work with
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort MacMurrayApril 1, 2014
Good place to work. People on the team were friendly and helpful. Everyone chipped in to make the project environment enjoyable.
A day at Long Harbor
Piping-Mechanical-Structural QA (Current Employee) –  Long Harbour, NLMarch 18, 2014
My day consists of hydro test package review for release before testing to ensure all documentation is correct, (NDE, specification and code requirements). Post review following reinstatement is also required.
-Audits of contractors documentation with regard to welding, torquing, testing.
-Construction surveillances
- Review turnover binders to the client

I have learned a new role here. I have a quality control inspector and this is my first job as a QA advisor.
Pros
i work close to home
A Very Customer Orientated EPC
Associate Engineering Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2014
Fluor has many systems in place to help its employees best serve the customer's needs. On top of a wide variety of experience, they also provide desk space to numerous clients so that the work can be easily discussed and reviewed.

My days typically consist of working closely with clients on requisitions. Based on decisions made, my work might also include updating various AutoCAD drawings, attending Process Hazard Assessments, or providing a lessons learned presentation to my co-workers.

The hardest part of this job is the client. They have a good idea of what they want, but with changes always happening upstream with the process department, the changes can easily result in the control systems department not being at the same state that they originally thought. These delays or setbacks are understandable, but at times can be frustrating when one has to refine a lot of documents due to say a pipeline size change or relocation. However, it's understandable and everyone is generally quite accommodating.

All in all, it's a very enjoyable experience at Fluor.
Pros
free lunch, fluor fridays off, opportunities to work on site
Cons
changes in scope that can quickly affect loads of previously completed work
Opportunities for advancement
Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2014
Lots of opportunities for advancement and great management staff that provide mentoring when needed.

Fluor senior management has vision and is taking all the right steps to be a world class leader in the EPC field. Lots of exciting opportunities in Construction org within Fluor.

Benefits are great but no bonuses. Great staff to work with and hard work is recognized and valued.
same as before
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 27, 2014
It is a pretty good company to work with. But job security is not very good because they only do mining industry
construction job
WELDER / MILLWRIGHT APP (Former Employee) –  NLFebruary 25, 2014
Same as other construction jobs, long hours and duration away from home but the money is good.
Typical day.
General Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Albian Sands, Fort McMurray AlbertaFebruary 9, 2014
Typical day involves attending daily contractor morning safety talk, then proceed into field and participate in FLRA plus review completed craft FLRA. I like to tour job site a minimum of twice per day to not only monitor safety but also to be involve in daily progress and keep on top of current and changing events. I have a hands on approach to managing my contractors and promote an open professional atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of construction work is watching the fruit of your labor take shape in a safe productive manner. Perhaps the hardest part of my job is enforcing rules and regulations as this seems to be a never ending responsibility that requires a substantial effort.
Pros
excellent epcm company
Cons
inexperienced client construction team
Very busy ever changing work flow.
Camp and Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 5, 2014
A typical work day was always busy and went by in a flash. Management was fair and understanding.
Co-workers were all very nice and hard working.
Pros
room to grow and move around.
Cons
very long hours.
Project Controls
Associate Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  International officesJanuary 27, 2014
Managing budgets, schedules and reporting on project progress on a weekly or monthly basis
Pros
excellent opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
job security depends on market cycles
Fluor
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 16, 2014
- Work schedule is 9 hours Mon - Thu and 8 hours every other Friday. 80 hours per 2 weeks. 44 hours week one and 36 hours week two.

- I've learned a lot about SAP, procurement systems, and material management.

- In most offices, the corporate culture is good and encourages an atmosphere of knowledge sharing. In my most recent office, this culture has not really been accepted and there is an unfortunate tendency to silo and not share or cross-train.

- In general, the job is not hard, and should not be. The work itself is enjoyable. However, when projects are not bid properly, they end up getting understaffed. For this office, buyers are trying to manage 3- 4 times the number of packages of their US counterparts and I was trying to support 4-5 times the number of buyers of my US counterparts. Because of low staffing levels, project execution suffers and errors are far more frequent than they need to be.

- I get a sense of accomplishment when I help end users solve problems, get their work done, and become more effective and efficient in their jobs.
Pros
global company, good benefits
Cons
no loyalty to employees
A Professional Company
Lead Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 5, 2014
Performed successfully several projects developing, designing and constructing Electrical Power Systems for 220 kV, 138 kV, 69 kV, 34.5 kV, 4.16 kV and lower voltages. The power systems comprised of transmission line, substations, modular Electrical Rooms, SCADA, and EMS equipment.
Responsibilities include Preparing Technical Specifications of Equipment and Systems for the Power Systems. Have several years experience of Maintenance, Construction, Design, Engineering and Development on International Projects
I am a Canadian Citizen and can work under NAFTA agreement in USA without any hastles.
Pros
a good company
Great experience to work
Electrical Design Engineer - IV (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 5, 2014
Although pretty new with the organization, however, it is a great experience to work.
Pros
great system
Cons
present project ; uncertain continuity
High quality and safe work envinornment
Material Control Specialist I (Current Employee) –  BAFJanuary 4, 2014
"Excellence is ordinery here" is our tag line of Fluor RDC Materials.
I have learned a lot from this organization, done all MMG traning and earned HSE Gold Medal with OSHA10, OSHA30.
Management is ver co-operative and encourage growth.
Very hard working co-worker
Best organization to work with
Good working exerience
AP Analyst Projects (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 3, 2014
Good company where I worked on contract, very supportive team.
Enjoyed working close to home.
work safe
STRUCTURAL WELDER (Former Employee) –  rock dale txJanuary 1, 2014
work 10 long hours do your job saftly, an go home.treat others as you want to be treated.the hardeat part of the job is to hang in there an do your best

4.2