Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Great personal contact and interaction
MC Plus Data Base/ |IT (Former Employee) –  newfoundland24 October 2014
The Leads/Management and Staff were wonderful, helpful and very understanding. Very one pulled together as a team
Pros
great management
High paced deadline driven
Senior PBS (Project Business Services) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 October 2014
Managed multiple projects for multiple clients. Corporate culture is dry and people are considered numbers. Job security lacking and a lot of stress.
FLUOR/FGG/Afghanistan/FOB Shank
Plumbing Superintendent (Current Employee) –  FOB Shank, Logar Province, Afghanistan8 March 2013
I am currently working for Fluor, in Logar, Afghanistan on FOB Shank. I have been working on this FOB for over three and a half years. Before Afghanistan, I worked in Iraq, with KBR, for one year. My position is AO plumbing superintendent for Task Force Bayonet. I oversee the Plumbing Operations on 6 FOB’s in the AO. Required to travel to each FOB. We currently experience IDF activity daily. The most challenging aspect of this job is working with many different nationality's, which creates communication issues.
Pros
learning different cultures and behaviors of the employees.
Cons
materials are extremely hard to aquire.
Very busy ever changing work flow.
Camp and Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 February 2014
A typical work day was always busy and went by in a flash. Management was fair and understanding.
Co-workers were all very nice and hard working.
Pros
Room to grow and move around.
Cons
Very long hours.
Productive Workplace with good atmosphere.
Design Engineer Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 April 2013
- I started from 7:45 to 5:45. Dealt with engineering and technical issues related to my packages. Participated to any arranged meeting due to my packages. Coordinating among discipline to resolve any matter which caused delay on packages' schedule and delivery time.
- I have learned many thing related to the organization and system.
- There were some weak points on management portion.
- Co-worker were great and very friendly.
- Learning their procedures for following up and doing the job.
- When learned those procedures and flowcharts and accomplished the job.
Global presence
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 March 2016
Global presence allows you to take on opportunities anywhere in the world, as long as you push for it.
Working at Fluor was a great advantage, as you get good visibility and power over the rest of the firm.
Good place to work at
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2015
Very procedure and policy oriented. Long days, good management, good place to work at, reasonable benefits. Has cafeteria and gym and many projects
Excellent place to work
Document Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL6 November 2012
I came from the fishery and going to construction has been a very interesting learning experience. Our days were busy and when we were not busy we did our audits. The Management group were excellent to deal with and my co workers were great, we worked as a team with communication being key for us to perform our jobs effectively. Some processes were hard but we had work instructions that we constanly update as we need to which helped everyone out. I loved coming to work everyday and everyday I definately learned something new.
Pros
10 days on and 4 days off
Cons
i dont have a con.
Great work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB6 February 2016
The maintenance team was a mix of millwrights, carpenters and pipe fitters. Being the only supervisor for this company on this project I have learned a lot on being a self learner and a representative for the company. I had one apprentice and a service truck. This was a small piping team which was great.
Pros
Small team
Cons
lots of driving
Great to be around supportive and knowledgeable people.
Report Coordinator (Northwest Redwater Partnership (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB2 December 2015
I would have stayed on with Fluor if not for the cancelled projects which has caused the company to reduce personnel.

The projects and the entailed taskings are hectic but fulfilling in the sense that Client satisfaction is achieved.

The hard part is in determining what task has the priority due to events happening at the same time.

But all the hurdles are just that, and are always overcome by the support of talented individuals.
Pros
oride in being part of the company
Cons
long meetings
Friendly co-workers in a dangerouse environment
Safety Representative/Heavy Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Salerno,Bagram Afghanistan6 October 2013
Report to office for morning safety meetings
pre-trip and inspect truck
train new employees on route
run regular route
lunch break
complete 2nd half of route
post trip inspection of vehicle
return to office to complete final daily paper work and safety meeting.
After work time to go to the gym for a 2 hr. work out and shower and bed.
I loved working for Fluor, the pay was great and the benefits couldn't be beat!
Pros
All meals, laundry and room was free
Cons
Heat 130F was intense somedays
This company realy was the best workplace that had been on.
Itermediate Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2014
A typical day at Fluor Corp, was always normal to have a some conversations with the co-worker, it was a workplace to learn new program as PDS, and the management was very well organize in the regular bases. The co-workers were so excellent always there were a smile to make it more enjoyable. There were no a hardest part of the job because the environment was so perfect that it was so enjoyable.
short but sweet
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Syncrude14 March 2016
The work was fairly typical of working up north. A wide array of tasks were accomplished but the contract ended which led to the inevitable layoff.
Fluor Way
Project Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2015
There is a word called the Fluor way which is a guideline on how to run a project. I does not let you circumvent or explore different ways of managing a project.
Pros
Fluor Success
Cons
To much politics.
productive and fun workplace
Buyer Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 November 2013
workload is so tough. You may learn a lot. work environment is good!
Pros
Ethics and salary
Cons
job security
Very safe company to work for.
Fluor Driver (Current Employee) –  Kearl By Fort McMurray in Alberta Canada15 August 2015
A company who believes in its safety culture and will walk the walk so to speak. Committed to excellence in their professional execution of their maintenance schedule keeping an eye on quality and efficiency while maintaining the clients work culture and ethics.
Pros
11 and 9 rotation
Excellent place to work
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC23 February 2015
My experience has always been excellent. A group of people and individuals who actually care about doing the right thing and the best job.
I believe the firm's strengths go back to the beginning formation of the company and has remained intact through 100 years of existence.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
can't think of any
Excellent
HSE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 March 2016
Fluor was one of the best companies I have had the privledge to work for and would go back in a heartbeat, Wishing the oil and gas would shape up
Adhers to company guidelines and processes ( budget, Procurement, Expenses, time skeeping)
Lead Cost Control (Former Employee) –  St johns , Newfoundland12 May 2014
* Organize Project control functions and manages time and task effectively

* Apprlies Learning and development my previous experinces

* Work with Professtional Management on the job site to gin knowledge & techanical skills.

* Most enjoyable part site visitng to talk safety tool box.
Pros
Monthly Safety Milestones meeting and gift card lottery Milestons
Cons
To meet deadlines
As a Junior I was constantly talked down to and made to feel useless
Junior Piping Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 August 2015
I spent 2 years with Fluor Calgary feeling uncomfortable and mistreated. As an inexperienced junior I was led to believe I would become a designer, received the training for the software and was never allowed to use it. I was told not to bother the designers with my questions and year later after my training I was thrown into a busy project and was told I wasn't performing and was even questioned whether I ever attended school.

I was then told that if I performed badly I would get a bad reputation in the industry and would never find another job. I was given 2 weeks to turn things around, during which time I was given other projects to do, never getting around to improving and nothing was ever explained.

I spent the next 5 months getting scraps of work which hardly filled my day. I was told by one of the other managers I was set up to fail. I
was also told that unless you're female or a foreigner you'll take twice as long to get anywhere.

I left shortly thereafter...worst experience of my life.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Everything else

4.2