Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace with good atmosphere.
Design Engineer Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 April 2013
- I started from 7:45 to 5:45. Dealt with engineering and technical issues related to my packages. Participated to any arranged meeting due to my packages. Coordinating among discipline to resolve any matter which caused delay on packages' schedule and delivery time.
- I have learned many thing related to the organization and system.
- There were some weak points on management portion.
- Co-worker were great and very friendly.
- Learning their procedures for following up and doing the job.
- When learned those procedures and flowcharts and accomplished the job.
Excellent place to work
Document Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL6 November 2012
I came from the fishery and going to construction has been a very interesting learning experience. Our days were busy and when we were not busy we did our audits. The Management group were excellent to deal with and my co workers were great, we worked as a team with communication being key for us to perform our jobs effectively. Some processes were hard but we had work instructions that we constanly update as we need to which helped everyone out. I loved coming to work everyday and everyday I definately learned something new.
Pros
10 days on and 4 days off
Cons
i dont have a con.
construction job
WELDER / MILLWRIGHT APP (Former Employee) –  NL25 February 2014
Same as other construction jobs, long hours and duration away from home but the money is good.
FLUOR/FGG/Afghanistan/FOB Shank
Plumbing Superintendent (Current Employee) –  FOB Shank, Logar Province, Afghanistan8 March 2013
I am currently working for Fluor, in Logar, Afghanistan on FOB Shank. I have been working on this FOB for over three and a half years. Before Afghanistan, I worked in Iraq, with KBR, for one year. My position is AO plumbing superintendent for Task Force Bayonet. I oversee the Plumbing Operations on 6 FOB’s in the AO. Required to travel to each FOB. We currently experience IDF activity daily. The most challenging aspect of this job is working with many different nationality's, which creates communication issues.
Pros
learning different cultures and behaviors of the employees.
Cons
materials are extremely hard to aquire.
professional
Structural Enigneer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2015
Working at Fluor means working in a professional environment, with high technical standards on large scale projects, within a group of dedicated people.
Very safe company to work for.
Fluor Driver (Current Employee) –  Kearl By Fort McMurray in Alberta Canada15 August 2015
A company who believes in its safety culture and will walk the walk so to speak. Committed to excellence in their professional execution of their maintenance schedule keeping an eye on quality and efficiency while maintaining the clients work culture and ethics.
Pros
11 and 9 rotation
Very busy ever changing work flow.
Camp and Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 February 2014
A typical work day was always busy and went by in a flash. Management was fair and understanding.
Co-workers were all very nice and hard working.
Pros
Room to grow and move around.
Cons
Very long hours.
Great personal contact and interaction
MC Plus Data Base/ |IT (Former Employee) –  newfoundland24 October 2014
The Leads/Management and Staff were wonderful, helpful and very understanding. Very one pulled together as a team
Pros
great management
Enjoyed every minute
Piping Superintendent / Turnover Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, Ft McMurray, N Jersey, Sarnia23 August 2015
Worked on several projects across Canada and the USA with this company. Construction Managers were well suited for their positions.

Irving Oil project had Superintendents from the west of Canada who tended to treat Eastcoaster with disrespect , as a result got less work out of their charges.

I had a great re pore with 300+ of the trades I was responsible for
Great placed to work,
Supervisor Materilas Management - Senior Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2015
Work weeks are 36 and 44 hours with every second Friday off
Very diversified co-workers from many countries
Project challenges created opportunities to use different techniques to ensure success
Good benefits and opportunities for advancement
Leaching Team Lead - Mechanical Completions (Current Employee) –  Long Harbor, NL8 February 2013
Management is very open to providing opportunities needed for personal development and advancement. A very global company with vast resources (technical and otherwise).
Typical day.
General Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Albian Sands, Fort McMurray Alberta9 February 2014
Typical day involves attending daily contractor morning safety talk, then proceed into field and participate in FLRA plus review completed craft FLRA. I like to tour job site a minimum of twice per day to not only monitor safety but also to be involve in daily progress and keep on top of current and changing events. I have a hands on approach to managing my contractors and promote an open professional atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of construction work is watching the fruit of your labor take shape in a safe productive manner. Perhaps the hardest part of my job is enforcing rules and regulations as this seems to be a never ending responsibility that requires a substantial effort.
Pros
Excellent EPCM Company
Cons
Inexperienced client Construction team
Productive and careful Company.
Service desk Specialist Senior (Current Employee) –  FOB SHANK19 August 2014
My typical day starts with having meeting with a supervisor , then checking e-mails and answering customer calls, receiving Work Orders and creating Work Orders for daily use at customer service front dest.
Receiving calls and requests from military personnell and company representatives as well.
Performing all necessary daily routine that requires my attention and exprience that I had gained during my 3 and a half years working in Afghanistan.
Good communication skills with multi-national emploee environment and safety moments (HSE) awareness, which are essencial in a war zone area, like Afghanistan.
Hard working and details oriented, quick learner and always ready to help others.
This company realy was the best workplace that had been on.
Itermediate Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2014
A typical day at Fluor Corp, was always normal to have a some conversations with the co-worker, it was a workplace to learn new program as PDS, and the management was very well organize in the regular bases. The co-workers were so excellent always there were a smile to make it more enjoyable. There were no a hardest part of the job because the environment was so perfect that it was so enjoyable.
Adhers to company guidelines and processes ( budget, Procurement, Expenses, time skeeping)
Lead Cost Control (Former Employee) –  St johns , Newfoundland12 May 2014
* Organize Project control functions and manages time and task effectively

* Apprlies Learning and development my previous experinces

* Work with Professtional Management on the job site to gin knowledge & techanical skills.

* Most enjoyable part site visitng to talk safety tool box.
Pros
Monthly Safety Milestones meeting and gift card lottery Milestons
Cons
To meet deadlines
A Professional Company
Lead Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2014
Performed successfully several projects developing, designing and constructing Electrical Power Systems for 220 kV, 138 kV, 69 kV, 34.5 kV, 4.16 kV and lower voltages. The power systems comprised of transmission line, substations, modular Electrical Rooms, SCADA, and EMS equipment.
Responsibilities include Preparing Technical Specifications of Equipment and Systems for the Power Systems. Have several years experience of Maintenance, Construction, Design, Engineering and Development on International Projects
I am a Canadian Citizen and can work under NAFTA agreement in USA without any hastles.
Pros
A Good Company
Cons
Productive and engaging work environment.
Technical Translator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 September 2015
I liked the challenging yet friendly atmosphere at Fluor, and really enjoyed learning from my colleagues. Great team and having a gym at the office is definitely a plus!
High paced deadline driven
Senior PBS (Project Business Services) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 October 2014
Managed multiple projects for multiple clients. Corporate culture is dry and people are considered numbers. Job security lacking and a lot of stress.
Fluor was a great place to work. They have a very progressive culture and value system.
Senior Project Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2013
I would work for Fluor again anytime. Fluor has the most impressive knowledgeable people in the EPCM industry. Their processes and procedures are very precise. The people I worked with were helpful, warm and easy to work with. Management on all levels were approachable and willing to listen. Good place to work.
Relational Database Coordinator, TRS Consultant
Relational Database Coordinator, TRS Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2013
• As a member of the Engineering CAD group, participated in utility infrastructure and plant design
• Was responsible for model archrivals, retrievals, scheduling, work share, material take-off, troubleshooting and resolution
• Administrated and managed project model files transfers and requests from engineering offices
• Designed piping and equipment models (using CloudWorx, PDS to MATMAN)
• Dealt with plant issues regarding heating, plumbing and electrical, overseeing any renovations, assisting with office issues;

4.2