Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Very safe company to work for.
Fluor Driver (Current Employee) –  Kearl By Fort McMurray in Alberta Canada15 August 2015
A company who believes in its safety culture and will walk the walk so to speak. Committed to excellence in their professional execution of their maintenance schedule keeping an eye on quality and efficiency while maintaining the clients work culture and ethics.
Pros
11 and 9 rotation
Document Control
Lead - Site Project Document Control (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL13 April 2015
I enjoyed working for Fluor. Fluor was one of the best company,s I have ever worked for. The people were great - benefits were very good. With Fluor I learned new systems from mentors. I learned to train other people on the Document Control Systems. Started writing Work Instructions.
The best part of the job was the support I received from all management.

The hardest part of the job was starting a new job with a 5\2 shift and with no rotation I was unable to get home on a regular basis
Cons
5 day work week
Fluor Way
Project Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2015
There is a word called the Fluor way which is a guideline on how to run a project. I does not let you circumvent or explore different ways of managing a project.
Pros
Fluor Success
Cons
To much politics.
professional
Structural Enigneer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2015
Working at Fluor means working in a professional environment, with high technical standards on large scale projects, within a group of dedicated people.
Top EPCM Companies Around
SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ALberta17 February 2015
If you're wanting a career in EPCM then Fluor is the place to go. Great company, open, honest management. Typical in many ways of an EPCM, if there is work you're on solid ground, if you're not billable then you time may be limited. Work/Life balance can be sometimes difficult to manage however, it can be achieved.
Pros
Great culture, good people, strong outlook and future.
Cons
Lower pay, bonus structure could use some work
Decent place to work
Oil & Gas Project Buyer / Expediter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2015
Fluor is overall a decent place to work. The people are great, the work is interesting, always something to learn, competitive pay, and there are lots of opportunities to work abroad (or so it seemed). Your experience may vary on the projects you work on, and your manager. Overall a good experience.

If you are a new grad, and there is no project work, you may be very expendable. EPCMs need backlog. No backlog and no projects means limited overhead and very little job security. If you have more experience and you have a niche for yourself, you will be fine.
Pros
Lots of opportunites, good people and decent pay
Cons
Job security in EPCM's can suck when there is no backlog
Productive and engaging work environment.
Technical Translator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 September 2015
I liked the challenging yet friendly atmosphere at Fluor, and really enjoyed learning from my colleagues. Great team and having a gym at the office is definitely a plus!
This company realy was the best workplace that had been on.
Itermediate Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2014
A typical day at Fluor Corp, was always normal to have a some conversations with the co-worker, it was a workplace to learn new program as PDS, and the management was very well organize in the regular bases. The co-workers were so excellent always there were a smile to make it more enjoyable. There were no a hardest part of the job because the environment was so perfect that it was so enjoyable.
Productive and careful Company.
Service desk Specialist Senior (Current Employee) –  FOB SHANK19 August 2014
My typical day starts with having meeting with a supervisor , then checking e-mails and answering customer calls, receiving Work Orders and creating Work Orders for daily use at customer service front dest.
Receiving calls and requests from military personnell and company representatives as well.
Performing all necessary daily routine that requires my attention and exprience that I had gained during my 3 and a half years working in Afghanistan.
Good communication skills with multi-national emploee environment and safety moments (HSE) awareness, which are essencial in a war zone area, like Afghanistan.
Hard working and details oriented, quick learner and always ready to help others.
Great work environment and teamwork network
Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta22 October 2014
Every day presented new challenges and opportunities to learn and enhance your personal professional skill set. Management was very approachable and interacted with the team as if just one of the team. Co workers were very diversified in their skills and all team members shared their experiences with each other.
Pros
Opportunities for career advancement
Cons
Adhers to company guidelines and processes ( budget, Procurement, Expenses, time skeeping)
Lead Cost Control (Former Employee) –  St johns , Newfoundland12 May 2014
* Organize Project control functions and manages time and task effectively

* Apprlies Learning and development my previous experinces

* Work with Professtional Management on the job site to gin knowledge & techanical skills.

* Most enjoyable part site visitng to talk safety tool box.
Pros
Monthly Safety Milestones meeting and gift card lottery Milestons
Cons
To meet deadlines
A day at Long Harbor
Piping-Mechanical-Structural QA (Current Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL18 March 2014
My day consists of hydro test package review for release before testing to ensure all documentation is correct, (NDE, specification and code requirements). Post review following reinstatement is also required.
-Audits of contractors documentation with regard to welding, torquing, testing.
-Construction surveillances
- Review turnover binders to the client

I have learned a new role here. I have a quality control inspector and this is my first job as a QA advisor.
Pros
I work close to home
A Professional Company
Lead Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2014
Performed successfully several projects developing, designing and constructing Electrical Power Systems for 220 kV, 138 kV, 69 kV, 34.5 kV, 4.16 kV and lower voltages. The power systems comprised of transmission line, substations, modular Electrical Rooms, SCADA, and EMS equipment.
Responsibilities include Preparing Technical Specifications of Equipment and Systems for the Power Systems. Have several years experience of Maintenance, Construction, Design, Engineering and Development on International Projects
I am a Canadian Citizen and can work under NAFTA agreement in USA without any hastles.
Pros
A Good Company
PDDM Department is all about Politics
Current Employee at Fluor PDDM (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray and Calgary Alberta4 June 2013
The company itself is a very good company but the people running the PDDM Management Team is all about politics. They will manage the department from home offices leaving the folks at different site areas on their own. Once you close a project for them, they will cut you lose and forget about all the hard work.

If only PDDM Department does not have politics, Fluor will definitely be a good place to work.
Pros
Average Pay, Courses, Opportunities
Cons
Management making wrongful decisions, does not value people, Will use you to close project for them then lay you off without valid reasons, Relationships between Management and co-workers are very common which is again POLITICS.
FLUOR/FGG/Afghanistan/FOB Shank
Plumbing Superintendent (Current Employee) –  FOB Shank, Logar Province, Afghanistan8 March 2013
I am currently working for Fluor, in Logar, Afghanistan on FOB Shank. I have been working on this FOB for over three and a half years. Before Afghanistan, I worked in Iraq, with KBR, for one year. My position is AO plumbing superintendent for Task Force Bayonet. I oversee the Plumbing Operations on 6 FOB’s in the AO. Required to travel to each FOB. We currently experience IDF activity daily. The most challenging aspect of this job is working with many different nationality's, which creates communication issues.
Pros
learning different cultures and behaviors of the employees.
Cons
materials are extremely hard to aquire.
Friendly co-workers in a dangerouse environment
Safety Representative/Heavy Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Salerno,Bagram Afghanistan6 October 2013
Report to office for morning safety meetings
pre-trip and inspect truck
train new employees on route
run regular route
lunch break
complete 2nd half of route
post trip inspection of vehicle
return to office to complete final daily paper work and safety meeting.
After work time to go to the gym for a 2 hr. work out and shower and bed.
I loved working for Fluor, the pay was great and the benefits couldn't be beat!
Pros
All meals, laundry and room was free
Cons
Heat 130F was intense somedays
I enjoyed working in 'Fluor' very much.
Civil Designer/Drafter (Site Development) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 March 2012
I really enjoyed working in 'Fluor' particularly when I wss assigned a project of the road network design and drafting for a mining site in Mongolia. I enjoyed the design work by using the Bentley's 'MicroStation' & 'InRoads' software to build the 3D models for the roadwork design and the quantity estimate of the earth work. Also, I have given the design drafting work for the detention
ponds 3D model design as well. I enjoyed my work very much.
Productive Workplace with good atmosphere.
Design Engineer Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 April 2013
- I started from 7:45 to 5:45. Dealt with engineering and technical issues related to my packages. Participated to any arranged meeting due to my packages. Coordinating among discipline to resolve any matter which caused delay on packages' schedule and delivery time.
- I have learned many thing related to the organization and system.
- There were some weak points on management portion.
- Co-worker were great and very friendly.
- Learning their procedures for following up and doing the job.
- When learned those procedures and flowcharts and accomplished the job.
Excellent place to work
Document Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL6 November 2012
I came from the fishery and going to construction has been a very interesting learning experience. Our days were busy and when we were not busy we did our audits. The Management group were excellent to deal with and my co workers were great, we worked as a team with communication being key for us to perform our jobs effectively. Some processes were hard but we had work instructions that we constanly update as we need to which helped everyone out. I loved coming to work everyday and everyday I definately learned something new.
Pros
10 days on and 4 days off
Cons
i dont have a con.
Relational Database Coordinator, TRS Consultant
Relational Database Coordinator, TRS Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2013
• As a member of the Engineering CAD group, participated in utility infrastructure and plant design
• Was responsible for model archrivals, retrievals, scheduling, work share, material take-off, troubleshooting and resolution
• Administrated and managed project model files transfers and requests from engineering offices
• Designed piping and equipment models (using CloudWorx, PDS to MATMAN)
• Dealt with plant issues regarding heating, plumbing and electrical, overseeing any renovations, assisting with office issues;

4.2