Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Fuel Distribution System Foreman (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 3, 2014
I enjoyed working for Fluor overseas type of work. Traveling was a fun experience and meeting new friends from all over the world.
Language barrier, leaving condition and dealing with the customer were the hardest part of the job.

I have learned many new things since I worked for Fluor. I really enjoyed making money and learned how to leave with 8 – more... men in the same tent.
I probably would do it again if I had another opportunity to go overseas again. – less
it is ok working here
Surveyor (Former Employee), Freeport, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: chief management
the reason why I got out is because they think and treat as your nothing and don't apreicate the work you do
Fun, supportive group overall to work with
Material Handler (Former Employee), Ridgeville, SCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: freedom to expand my knowledge of entire job and other crafts
Cons: leaving a great job
Given a lot of freedom to do my job as well as allowed to work with other crafts and supervision. Started job overseeing one storage unit for Electrical material by the end of my time at the job I was taking care of the material in 6 areas of the job the lay down area, material and supplies stored in the warehouse with the warehouse attends updating – more... me on all recv'd material.

Responsible for putting up job print each morning for safety meeting. All documents prepared in Excel and Word on schedule and new request.

Assisted researching material for Instrumentation via internet required as replacement or new instruments from international companies and local. – less
Hvac Journeyman
HVAC Journeyman (Former Employee), Camp GhaziAugust 25, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: no complaints
Meetings first thing before every shift. We discussed plans and assignments for the day. We also had a safety meeting which is vital to the work we do. People were great, and very helpful.
Very good work place !
HVAC Journeyman (Former Employee), Kabul AfghanistanAugust 24, 2014
•a typical day at work ' running work orders and doing preventative maintenance on mini split HVAC systems.

•what you learned ' how to work on a deferent stile of mini split units.

•management ' what can I say it was great always there for any problems that came up and always willing to do what ever it took to get the job done .

•your co-workers – more... ' were great always helpful .

The hardest part of the job ' having to leave it .

•the most enjoyable part of the job ' knowing that I was helping the US Armed Forces – less
Great company to work for
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee), dallas/fort worth txAugust 19, 2014
good working conditions, good management, good policies and procedures, good work life balance
Productive and Team Oriented Environment
Accounting Tech level 2 (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 18, 2014
Many various learning opportunities. Project management through Fluor Government Group's strategies and SOP's, that comply with the United States Government SOP's for Government related construction projects.
Great supervisors,work mates,team culture.great pay
Mechanical Trades Assistant (Current Employee), Roma, QLDAugust 15, 2014
Pros: love the camp life
Cons: bit home sick but not too bad
First time in the oil &gas industry &I will definitely will be actively looking to continue in this role.Great bunch of blokes to work with as well as management.No pressure on anyone to work flat out ,just complete work in a safe & efficient manner.The 21/7 roster is perfect for my situation.p.s & Im well paid. I sound like a happy worker don't I.
I was so product if at this job
Logistic specialist- on Materials Department (Former Employee), AfghanistanAugust 15, 2014
Pros: nice lunche
Cons: lounge houres
I like my job and I will worked with pleasure at my office.
All my best for my company
Confusing and not well managed
Senior Piping Designer PDS (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free parking, 9/80 work schedule, close to home
Cons: n/a
Several projects were cancelled. My PDS access rights were received only one day before layoff notice. I was able to model only 3 control set /meter run combinations due to the pipe spec's not being loaded into the project(1.5 hrs. of PDS) Therefore I spent the last 4 days back checking PID's / Line List and Tie-In List.
Currently working as a contractor for IBM through Fluor
Move Coordinator (Current Employee), Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 13, 2014
Overall Fluor seems like a great company to work for. I haven't heard any complaints from anyone, and they do a great job of recognizing employees for their efforts, achievements, and hard work. I've only been with them for a month now.
Challenging work experience.
Transportation Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), AfghanistanAugust 6, 2014
Develop planning for logistical operations and provide support in tracking supplies and materials.
Responsible for the coordination of transportation functions, maintenance, and client services.
Plan, execute, and monitor logistic activities for various Transportation sections.
Maintain accurate records of Customer Orders, back orders, consignment inventory, – more... import shipments and delivery details – less
Very intersting company to work for
Project Billing Analyst I (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: working around the world
Cons: working round the world could mean in a war zone
Fluor is a very diverse employer to work for. There are opportunities all over the world with this company. I really enjoy working there and the chance that it offers people to travel around the world to broaden their knowledge.
CIVIL AND STRUCTURAL DESIGNER
Designer Civil & Structural (Current Employee), GURGOANAugust 1, 2014
Working environment good
Team work
Sharing knowledge
New tool learning
IBM is a great place to work for Flour.
Senior Construction Coordinator (Former Employee), Essex Jct, VTJuly 28, 2014
I worked for Fluor but actually was a vender for IBM as a Senior Construction Coordinator overseeing IBM'S Construction Manager.
I worked with IBM's Construction Manager to see that projects where done on schedule and, safely, and I provided coordination with IBM'S everyday activity's. My IBM coworkers where great to work with.
The hardest part of the – more... job was to schedule work activities with the on going Fabs to schedule work to be completed.
The best part was to see projects completed successfully on schedule and safely because of all the coordination that had to take place. – less
Professional
Principal Material Management Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: job security
Plans and executes material control, procurement, logistics, inspection activities associated with commodities or engineered equipment, systems, or materials in support of project operations for LNG systems in Qatar. Procures engineered equipment and materials in accordance with the materials management plan. Evaluates selects and routes material shipments – more... in accordance with procedures. Provides general and directional supervision to material management specialist and technician-level employees. Works with project management in developing expediting status reports and coordinating activities with assigned group of expeditors. – less
Management leads by example.
Certified Driver (Former Employee), Arlington, AZJuly 26, 2014
Cons: not enough work in az right now
I started out installing solar panels after two months moved up to operator after six months I was making top pay. This company take great care of its employees. At least for me they did..
Great Place to work
Project Controls (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJuly 24, 2014
- great management teams
- great challenges
- work well with leads for updates
tough conditions but worth it.
Quality Technician III (Former Employee), Marmal, AfghanistanJuly 22, 2014
Excellent Company. Worth the effort though the project is virtually over. A life experience and a great opportunity.
exellent job,but war zone
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), AfghanistanJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free food, free billeting.
Cons: war zone
!2 hours,every day,approximatly 3 month from vacation to vacation in war zone.Great experience to working in team of multilingual,multicultural society.American military standarts of job,strong discipline.

About Fluor Corp.

From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. – Read more