Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews in Canada

Absolute best company to work for in my eyes
FUEL TRUCK OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AlbertaSeptember 20, 2013
Fluor Constructors was by far one of the best companies I have worked for, a typical day at work was a 12 hour shift on a two week work cycle. On the project we were working on we as a team would navigate the site fueling different types of equipment. I have learned quite a bit through this company on procedures in plant operations. The management was very organized and very upfront with their employees, as well not only management but the employees within the company really harmonized well together planning the next steps to move forward as a team. The hardest part of the job was knowing it was a contract job and would only last for 6 months.
Pros
highest wages and excellent team
Cons
only having a 6 month working contract
Review
Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 30, 2015
Great Company, great people and great culture. A place to work and call home. I will recommend this company a million more times
Great personal contact and interaction
MC Plus Data Base/ |IT (Former Employee) –  newfoundlandOctober 24, 2014
The Leads/Management and Staff were wonderful, helpful and very understanding. Very one pulled together as a team
Pros
great management
Cons
Great team to work with.
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
This was a great job, unfortunately the Client cancelled the requirement and the team had to be closed down. Otherwise very enjoyable.

I would work for Fluor again at any time.
Structured working environment, encourage learning
Plant Designer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 28, 2013
Great place to learn and enhance knowledge
Structured and organized, engineering-like large firm
Treat new employee with "free" on-job training
Free to form "small groups"
Pros
large company, everything you can think of has been taken care of. company culture encourages learning
Cons
little sense of control, poor job security, sometime directionless, layoff can be brutal and dumbfounded
Fun working environment
Construction Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, ABFebruary 1, 2015
The working environment that is presented is enjoyable. The people that you work are very informative and helpful. Hardest part of the job is trying to figure where everything is onsite.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Productive Workplace with good atmosphere.
Design Engineer Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 28, 2013
- I started from 7:45 to 5:45. Dealt with engineering and technical issues related to my packages. Participated to any arranged meeting due to my packages. Coordinating among discipline to resolve any matter which caused delay on packages' schedule and delivery time.
- I have learned many thing related to the organization and system.
- There were some weak points on management portion.
- Co-worker were great and very friendly.
- Learning their procedures for following up and doing the job.
- When learned those procedures and flowcharts and accomplished the job.
Productive and busy with a good team.
Project Support Tech III (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2015
Enjoyed working with Fluor. I enjoyed my team members and the work ethics. The project was put on hold. Enjoyed the position and guidance in learning.
Excellent place to work
Document Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Long Harbour, NLNovember 6, 2012
I came from the fishery and going to construction has been a very interesting learning experience. Our days were busy and when we were not busy we did our audits. The Management group were excellent to deal with and my co workers were great, we worked as a team with communication being key for us to perform our jobs effectively. Some processes were hard but we had work instructions that we constanly update as we need to which helped everyone out. I loved coming to work everyday and everyday I definately learned something new.
Pros
10 days on and 4 days off
Cons
i dont have a con.
This company realy was the best workplace that had been on.
Itermediate Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at Fluor Corp, was always normal to have a some conversations with the co-worker, it was a workplace to learn new program as PDS, and the management was very well organize in the regular bases. The co-workers were so excellent always there were a smile to make it more enjoyable. There were no a hardest part of the job because the environment was so perfect that it was so enjoyable.
Supervisor, Contract Management (Current Employee) –  Calgary , AB CanadaFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoy my experience with this company. Safe environment, nice accommodations. Travel to and from site was easy and completely taken care of. Overall, management is good, accommodating and approachable. No major complaints, working for this company.
Pros
work balance
construction job
WELDER / MILLWRIGHT APP (Former Employee) –  NLFebruary 25, 2014
Same as other construction jobs, long hours and duration away from home but the money is good.
FLUOR/FGG/Afghanistan/FOB Shank
Plumbing Superintendent (Current Employee) –  FOB Shank, Logar Province, AfghanistanMarch 8, 2013
I am currently working for Fluor, in Logar, Afghanistan on FOB Shank. I have been working on this FOB for over three and a half years. Before Afghanistan, I worked in Iraq, with KBR, for one year. My position is AO plumbing superintendent for Task Force Bayonet. I oversee the Plumbing Operations on 6 FOB’s in the AO. Required to travel to each FOB. We currently experience IDF activity daily. The most challenging aspect of this job is working with many different nationality's, which creates communication issues.
Pros
learning different cultures and behaviors of the employees.
Cons
materials are extremely hard to aquire.
Disorganized
Principal Specialist Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake ABFebruary 23, 2015
Promised made and broken. Back Stabbing culture is fostered. Was offered a permanent position, accepted that position but never heard from them again...
Pros
it is a job
Cons
if you are not a gossip you are not welcome
Professional and thorough work
Senior Estimator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 28, 2015
Professional and thorough work.
Work was well laid out.
Easy going work environment.
Employees were friendly .
Supervision was helpful to the work effort.
Productive and careful Company.
Service desk Specialist Senior (Current Employee) –  FOB SHANKAugust 19, 2014
My typical day starts with having meeting with a supervisor , then checking e-mails and answering customer calls, receiving Work Orders and creating Work Orders for daily use at customer service front dest.
Receiving calls and requests from military personnell and company representatives as well.
Performing all necessary daily routine that requires my attention and exprience that I had gained during my 3 and a half years working in Afghanistan.
Good communication skills with multi-national emploee environment and safety moments (HSE) awareness, which are essencial in a war zone area, like Afghanistan.
Hard working and details oriented, quick learner and always ready to help others.
Fluor is very good place to work. I like it very much.
Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 10, 2015
Fluor is very good place to work. I like it very much. Fluor is a company of choice for employees. The best thing about Fluor is one fluor concept. We share the knowledge across the offices.
Very busy ever changing work flow.
Camp and Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 5, 2014
A typical work day was always busy and went by in a flash. Management was fair and understanding.
Co-workers were all very nice and hard working.
Pros
room to grow and move around.
Cons
very long hours.
High paced deadline driven
Senior PBS (Project Business Services) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 31, 2014
Managed multiple projects for multiple clients. Corporate culture is dry and people are considered numbers. Job security lacking and a lot of stress.
Great Company!
Fluor Area Coordinator-MLMR Project (Current Employee) –  Fort MacMurrayFebruary 25, 2015
Had a great project and everything went well. Would definitely work for Fluor again!
I worked for Fluor for over 6 years and have little to complain about. I had a great team around me and I credit a lot of my success to the team. I'm a firm believer that without a good team your chances of failure are great.

4.2