Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fluor a company with great pay and benefits
General Journeyman Electrician/ Lead O & M (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 28, 2014
Fluor has great pay, benefits and travel. Meeting people from many different cultures and countries from around the world.
You work long hard hours, 12-16 hour days 7 days a week. Have the options to be trained in other fields of work. Management keeps everything rolling, so you can get your job completed.
You have to be the kind of person who can deal – more... with long periods of separation from family and home. But overall out of my 3 years Fluor, I learned a lot about my job and how other countries work. I'm ex- Military so dealing with a hostile environment was a little more easier for me to deal with than the non military personal. Overall a good experience. – less
An excellent place to work
Process Engineer II (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 24, 2014
What I loved about working for Fluor was the access to the most talented people I have met. Its a great culture where one can learn and be valued for their contribution. The variety of work is thoroughly enjoyable and purposeful. Company policies are positive and employee friendly. Highly recommended place to work.
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXMay 22, 2014
Management needs to set the example for behaviors they demand such as: accountability, integrity, strong work ethic. It's a "not what you know", but "who you know" culture.
structured
Data Entry (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXMay 19, 2014
daily work included reviewing all drawings to insure that they followed client guideline, the uploading most recent documents into the system. maintaining vendor data an working directly with engineers.
Potentially a Great Place to Work if You Have the Right Connections
Material Management Specialist I (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 17, 2014
Unless you know someone, have a relative, or become a manager's favorite employee you're probably not going to go very far. The government group is by far the most politically driven group there is. There are few managers in that group that truly care about your employment. It's really just a free for all to see who can get to the top the quickest.
civil structrual drafter and designer
Civil/Structural Drafter III (Former Employee), Sugarland txMay 15, 2014
Revised drawings per markups, created detailed layouts and 3d models from engineering sketches, create bill of material, communicated with other disciplines to create MPS’s and MES’s
Very large construcion company can get lost in the numbers
Raising Gang Foreman (Current Employee), Freeport, TXMay 12, 2014
Not a bad company if you know somebody. they have large projects that can keep you busy for long period of time.
Service Desk Specialist Senior (Former Employee), AfghanistanMay 10, 2014
Flour was a great place to work. The company provided many benefits and opportunities.
Productive & Fun Employees
Sr. Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAMay 8, 2014
My typical day at work was paying our individual vendors on a timely manner. We all worked great as a team. We paid vendors on a timely manner and resolved their discrepancies regarding their invoices either contract and non-contract and paid them accordingly. I developed a rapport with my vendors which in turn they were able to trust me in paying them – more... accordingly and within their own deadlines. I have learned alot while working for Fluor Corp. I learned how to use SAP on a daily basis and loved learning how every screen is used and how to use it productively. The management was great. The AP Manager took care of her team daily and worked with us in finding other solutions to make the work more productive and asked us if there were other ways of making the work more productive and approved of the training for each work done. The hardest part of the job was actually not much, I loved resolving issues if a discrepancy arose and I was able to resolve 3 big companies that we used to make sure their billing was accurate and on-time. The Most enjoyable part of the job were the other employees within the department and other departments of the company. We all got along very well and worked well as a TEAM. – less
A fine company to work for.
Executive Project Director (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 8, 2014
A results-oriented company that recognizes the value of their employees, and that always delivers and honors their commitments to their customers and clients.
the company is very involve with the community
Principal Document & Data Mgmt Technician (Lead) (Former Employee), sugarland texasMay 6, 2014
flexible hours - gym provided at a reasonable cost - company gives update periodically on work progress
A job experience that requires courage, determination, and quick, clear thinking,
REGIONAL AREA OPERATIONS FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Bagram, AfghanistanMay 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: harsh, remote and dangerous working/living environment
The job includes many support roles such as construction jobs, construction engineers and superintendents, project controls, project managers, quality, site managers, HSE managers, logistics support, supply assignments, security jobs, firefighting opportunities, laundry service, food services support, water works, vector control sanitation jobs, billeting – more... positions, maintenance jobs, and power generation support. We provide the Army with the logistical support it needs, so that soldiers can focus on the mission at hand.

It’s a tough job, under conditions as demanding as any you will ever find. A LOGCAP assignment may place you in a hostile environment, even a war zone. But there are also rewards: excellent pay, benefits, periodic vacations, and more. There is also the satisfaction of working at your utmost while helping others perform a critical service mission. – less
Friendly coworkers. Outsourcing/Layoffs. Political upper management
Senior Document and Data Management Technician (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers, 9/80 schedule.
Cons: job security, outsourcing to india, managerial politics, stressed coworkers, tense office atmosphere due to understaffing and job insecurity.
- Sit in a grey box 9-11 hours a day. Like movie 'Office Space'
- Decent cafeteria food downstairs.
- Friendly cool coworkers.
- Politics permeates throughout upper management.
- Sugar Land upper management will lay off entire departments, then ship the jobs to India.
As pipe designer all engineering fields needed to be considered - interesting.
M.E. Piping Designer (Former Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNMay 5, 2014
Pros: good people. catored lunches
Cons: some management issues. not the best healthcare insureance.
Excellent workplace with good engineers and designers. Good and always encouraged communication between all disciplines of Engineering. Was sorry to be let go.
A learning Experience
Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee), Logistic CoordinatorMay 5, 2014
Pros: vacation program
Cons: health benefits
Working with i was able to use alot of my skill sets that I learned in the military on the Civilian side. It was very intense and personell were pushed really hard to perform the necessary duties for the military. The hardest part of the job was being in afghanistan and having to deal with incoming and containers with possible threats inside.
Great job with excellent R&R benefit.
Master Electrician from K.B.R (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 4, 2014
Pros: great r&r schedule
Cons: advancement was difficult.
I enjoyed my employment with Fluor. I would definitely work for this company again.
A good place to work
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 3, 2014
A typical day was full of surprises. Supporting IT systems is never dull.
Organized work environment
Iraq UXO Coordinator (Former Employee), Sugarland TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: travel around the world.to get home
Typical day inspect and provide oversite for several work areas throughout Iraq. All documentation for BAC and TEchnical Survey as well as QA/QC for all areas cleared.

Documentation was intense and very detailed, which was the best learning experience.

Management was not UXO or EOD background so it caused some mis understanding on responsible EOD – more... Safety when it came time to clear areas with cluster munitions

Co Workers were great very knowledgable

Hardest part of the Job 22 hour flight home and back from Iraq

Most enjoyable part is doing outside EOD work ea and everyday. Didnt seem like work, enjoyable. – less
many different jobs
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Northern alaskaApril 30, 2014
Pros: i made a good living
Cons: i was away from home alot
I worked the pipeline from start to finish, work construction all over Alaska, dams, runways, roads, tunnels,etc
Love Fluor... hate that I am looking elsewhere
Senior Project Information Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: great pay and raises each year. off fridays, ability to travel
Cons: good ole boy network, very cliqueish
What can I say... Fluor hired me 5 years ago and I love every bit of the company. Just like with all relationships, there are some areas that I think can be worked on. Hate that there are no open positions available for me on project sites at the moment. The only reason I am entertaining another company is for EXPAT experience. I've been overseas with – more... Fluor for 5 years and am ready to go back, even if it is with another company. – less

About Fluor Corp.

From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. – Read more