Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews in Canada

learning experience
QA Manager Preservation and Site Wide Services (Former Employee) –  Fort McKay,Alta.December 22, 2012
· Ensure Contractors execute services in a safe, reliable and efficient manner while maintaining quality standards imposed by the client
· Verify Contractors Quality plan is being adhered to and adjusting scope and staffing as required
· Review 31 contractors Quality Management Plans and ITP’s, highlight any defiencies and return for change and approval
· Perform Quality audits on all site wide service disciplines
· Complete surveillance reports on all contractor scope activities
· Verify contractors progress with Quality Surveillance Reports, Corrective Action Reports and Non-Compliance Reports
· Ensure all preservation and storage activities of mechanical and electrical equipment while in their care, custody and control are in compliance with warranty instructions
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very productive days, great co-workers and environment..
Material Management, Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Harbour, NLSeptember 16, 2012
I start work at 7:00 am till 5:30 pm.. I have very productive days and have lots or work to do.. My team in Logistics is amazing and I have learned alot.. The most frusterating part of my job is when the trucking doesnt come thru with what was organized for pick ups... There are usually dilemas and upsets.. I love the accounting aspect of my job as well.. I work closely with the Client in Accounts payable..

I love my job, and love the contacts I have made in the trucking industry.. We work hard together as a team with all the carriers and with my department. Together we can make it happen!! And we will build this site!!
Pros
my co-workers and the other workers in my building!! they are amazing
Cons
it a long and long hours. you have to be well rested to function properly..
Absolute best company to work for in my eyes
FUEL TRUCK OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AlbertaSeptember 20, 2013
Fluor Constructors was by far one of the best companies I have worked for, a typical day at work was a 12 hour shift on a two week work cycle. On the project we were working on we as a team would navigate the site fueling different types of equipment. I have learned quite a bit through this company on procedures in plant operations. The management was very organized and very upfront with their employees, as well not only management but the employees within the company really harmonized well together planning the next steps to move forward as a team. The hardest part of the job was knowing it was a contract job and would only last for 6 months.
Pros
highest wages and excellent team
Cons
only having a 6 month working contract
Good benefits and opportunities for advancement
Leaching Team Lead - Mechanical Completions (Current Employee) –  Long Harbor, NLFebruary 8, 2013
Management is very open to providing opportunities needed for personal development and advancement. A very global company with vast resources (technical and otherwise).
Review
Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 30, 2015
Great Company, great people and great culture. A place to work and call home. I will recommend this company a million more times
FLUOR/FGG/Afghanistan/FOB Shank
Plumbing Superintendent (Current Employee) –  FOB Shank, Logar Province, AfghanistanMarch 8, 2013
I am currently working for Fluor, in Logar, Afghanistan on FOB Shank. I have been working on this FOB for over three and a half years. Before Afghanistan, I worked in Iraq, with KBR, for one year. My position is AO plumbing superintendent for Task Force Bayonet. I oversee the Plumbing Operations on 6 FOB’s in the AO. Required to travel to each FOB. We currently experience IDF activity daily. The most challenging aspect of this job is working with many different nationality's, which creates communication issues.
Pros
learning different cultures and behaviors of the employees.
Cons
materials are extremely hard to aquire.
Very busy ever changing work flow.
Camp and Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 5, 2014
A typical work day was always busy and went by in a flash. Management was fair and understanding.
Co-workers were all very nice and hard working.
Pros
room to grow and move around.
Cons
very long hours.
Disorganized
Principal Specialist Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake ABFebruary 23, 2015
Promised made and broken. Back Stabbing culture is fostered. Was offered a permanent position, accepted that position but never heard from them again...
Pros
it is a job
Cons
if you are not a gossip you are not welcome
This company realy was the best workplace that had been on.
Itermediate Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at Fluor Corp, was always normal to have a some conversations with the co-worker, it was a workplace to learn new program as PDS, and the management was very well organize in the regular bases. The co-workers were so excellent always there were a smile to make it more enjoyable. There were no a hardest part of the job because the environment was so perfect that it was so enjoyable.
Productive Workplace with good atmosphere.
Design Engineer Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 28, 2013
- I started from 7:45 to 5:45. Dealt with engineering and technical issues related to my packages. Participated to any arranged meeting due to my packages. Coordinating among discipline to resolve any matter which caused delay on packages' schedule and delivery time.
- I have learned many thing related to the organization and system.
- There were some weak points on management portion.
- Co-worker were great and very friendly.
- Learning their procedures for following up and doing the job.
- When learned those procedures and flowcharts and accomplished the job.
Excellent place to work
Document Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Long Harbour, NLNovember 6, 2012
I came from the fishery and going to construction has been a very interesting learning experience. Our days were busy and when we were not busy we did our audits. The Management group were excellent to deal with and my co workers were great, we worked as a team with communication being key for us to perform our jobs effectively. Some processes were hard but we had work instructions that we constanly update as we need to which helped everyone out. I loved coming to work everyday and everyday I definately learned something new.
Pros
10 days on and 4 days off
Cons
i dont have a con.
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, ABJuly 7, 2015
Working at Fluor Driver was one of the best experiences of my life. The people you work with become your family, and everyone looks out for one another. I enjoyed going to work every day, and the 10/10 rotation left lots of room for life outside of work.
Friendly co-workers in a dangerouse environment
Safety Representative/Heavy Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Salerno,Bagram AfghanistanOctober 6, 2013
Report to office for morning safety meetings
pre-trip and inspect truck
train new employees on route
run regular route
lunch break
complete 2nd half of route
post trip inspection of vehicle
return to office to complete final daily paper work and safety meeting.
After work time to go to the gym for a 2 hr. work out and shower and bed.
I loved working for Fluor, the pay was great and the benefits couldn't be beat!
Pros
all meals, laundry and room was free
Cons
heat 130f was intense somedays
productive and fun workplace
Buyer Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 12, 2013
workload is so tough. You may learn a lot. work environment is good!
Pros
ethics and salary
Cons
job security
Supervisor, Contract Management (Current Employee) –  Calgary , AB CanadaFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoy my experience with this company. Safe environment, nice accommodations. Travel to and from site was easy and completely taken care of. Overall, management is good, accommodating and approachable. No major complaints, working for this company.
Pros
work balance
Cons
It is a very good company to work for. expectation is very high of you.
Principal Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 6, 2015
It is a very good company to work for. expectation is very high of you..

It has flexible hours. People are very good and helpful.
Adhers to company guidelines and processes ( budget, Procurement, Expenses, time skeeping)
Lead Cost Control (Former Employee) –  St johns , NewfoundlandMay 12, 2014
* Organize Project control functions and manages time and task effectively

* Apprlies Learning and development my previous experinces

* Work with Professtional Management on the job site to gin knowledge & techanical skills.

* Most enjoyable part site visitng to talk safety tool box.
Pros
monthly safety milestones meeting and gift card lottery milestons
Cons
to meet deadlines
Fun working environment
Construction Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, ABFebruary 1, 2015
The working environment that is presented is enjoyable. The people that you work are very informative and helpful. Hardest part of the job is trying to figure where everything is onsite.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Fluor was a great place to work. They have a very progressive culture and value system.
Senior Project Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2013
I would work for Fluor again anytime. Fluor has the most impressive knowledgeable people in the EPCM industry. Their processes and procedures are very precise. The people I worked with were helpful, warm and easy to work with. Management on all levels were approachable and willing to listen. Good place to work.
An ideal job for my skill set
Invoice Attest Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Contracts Management DepartmentJanuary 20, 2015
Lead the Invoice Attest Team to attest invoices received from contractors (Oil Sands projects). Learn Contracts Management. This is an ideal job for applying professional knowledge.

4.2