Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging and inovative.
Fuel Operator (Current Employee), AfghanistanNovember 16, 2014
Pros: you will form bonds here that will never end.
Cons: filling birds in winter.
Never a dual moment in this environment, working in Afghanistan will challenge in more ways than one but if you can weather the storm you can work anywhere and for anyone.
Support US Army's Logistics Capabilities project
Site Supervisor V (Current Employee), Camp Marmal, Mazar-e Sharif, AfghanistanNovember 16, 2014
Pros: high salary/pay and r&r benefits
Cons: 12-hour days, every day for 90 days straight, approx
FLUOR Government Group (FGG) has provided a wonderful opportunity to provide basic life support and retrograde support to US military members throughout Afghanistan.
I have learned a lot and earned great experience in management
Country Operation Senior Specialist (Former Employee), PARNovember 15, 2014
Working day was started with morning meeting, discussions about news's we had and each employee were briefed about plans her/his own working day .Co-workers were friendly and team players. Hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was war zone environment.
Very good salary,very nice place to work.
Power Generation Manager (Former Employee), Kabul AfgahistanNovember 14, 2014
Cons: very good place to work it will change your life wonderfully.
This a fortune 500 company and they live up their name daily. They believe in every employee in that every one offers befit to their bottom line.
Very challenging and rewarding
Assistant project manager (Former Employee), AfghanistanNovember 12, 2014
Fluor is very concerned about employees and safety. I would work for them again if there was an opportunity.
Great company
Materials Control Specialist (Former Employee), Afghanistan (Bagram/Warrior)November 12, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad bases, draw downs are very frequent and must be very flexible to move on daily bases to different fobs.
Good company to be apart of with decent pay. Terrible bases throughout Afghanistan.
Good Company with the best benefits for overseas contractors.
Refrigeration Journeyman (Current Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: good food and good company
Cons: the time difference makes it tough to talk to family
Fluor has better benefits than the other contractors for DOD operations and has a very diverse work force. I have learned to be more tolerant of other cultures and lifestyles that I have encountered while learning new things about said cultures and lifestyles. I have had co-workers from 9 different countries as well as from all over the United States. – more... The hardest thing about working with all these different peoples is that the language barriers are the most difficult to over come. The best thing about my experience has been once you over come the language barrier most of the people are just as hard working as I am and are only trying to make a living for themselves and their families. I think that the toughest thing about being in a foreign country is that we miss our families more than we realize that we would. – less
good
HVAC Mechanic/Journeyman (Former Employee), afghanistanNovember 11, 2014
Clearance job. Cant provide detailed information about the job duties or management
Excellent Pay
Site Manager (Former Employee), AfghanistanNovember 10, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: contract work away from family, friends and home.
Excellent pay, liberal vacation schedule, excellent health care.

Good company.
WORK DAY
Small appliance lead tech (Former Employee), AFGHANISTANNovember 6, 2014
SAFETY MEETING,CHECKING WORK LOAD,COMPLETEING OPEN WORK ORDERS IN A TIMELY MATTER,PM APPLIANCES AND GYM EQUIPMENT
Productive and fun work place
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTING TECH (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CANovember 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: work is based on availability of the project which was mainly outsourced to other countries.
- energetic and challenging office work environment
- Performed Reviews of invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks.
• Distributes signed checks as required.
• Acts as liaison between corporate and branch accounts payable departments.
• Answers all vendor inquiries.
 – more... Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.

2. Management was very professional and supportive with very lean work procedures and continual trainings.

3.Coworkers, were good people to have in the group, honest, professional and all with very consistent team play organizations.

4. When I experience a very delicate health issues due to stress

5. when my management always supported my professional growth – less
A small "world" with variable experiences and cultures from different parts of the wolrld.Great opportunity to know others and thier ways of life
electrician (Former Employee), anywhereOctober 31, 2014
Pros: good security, equal lunch brakes. equal oppotunity.this is a field to approve and disapprove oneself
Cons: safety standards uptodate, take abrake when tired or don't force your way.follow the proceure.
-when we needed to complete the task and unfortunately there was incoming. this could interfere with our plan and morale.
-coworkers are not the same everyday, one day they are better than other days and vice versa.
-Stop and think before any task helps us to stay safe. and that practice makes perfect.
-enjoyable part was when we got the materials needed – more... to complete the work.
-The most hardest part of the job was when your coworker had domestic issues back home which in so many cases led to either separations or divorce.A coworker in that situations was hard to work with because he may seek for your advice which in the end may not be welcomed. – less
Love this company
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee), Tatum, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Excellent pay, benefits, locations, incentives. Overall, top company to work for..
Long hours working in a War Zone
Security Specialist (Former Employee), Bagram AfghanistanOctober 24, 2014
Pros: the money was very nice
Cons: being away from the family for months at a time
I loved working overseas you meet a lot of people from many different parts of the world, Working with the United States Military is a very exciting experience.
Great opportunity to learn about field life and solar power production!
Commissioning Engineer II (Former Employee), El Centro, CAOctober 22, 2014
Working as a commissioning engineer in El Centro, CA on a solar power plant was an interesting experience. My focus was on the SCADA control system for the plant. I was responsible for the commissioning and managing of all equipment and vendors that had ties to the SCADA system. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the co-workers and the – more... ability to learn various aspects of solar power production. The hardest part of the job was the shear volume of work involved with verifying data and control points in what was one of the largest solar power plants at the time. It was an opportunity I'm glad I took! – less
Challenging work place
Materials AO Supervisor (Former Employee), AFGHANISTAN, MAZAR E SHARIFOctober 20, 2014
Considering the place and sensitivity of the work requirement I can only say that it is everyday challenge to provide all necessary logistics support to US Military.
Working on one of the most complex projects in the world LOGCAP is a life time experience.
Horrible place to work
Rigger (Current Employee), Oystercreek TexasOctober 16, 2014
The most corrupt horrible place to work on planet earth.
Compare to Sodom and Gomorrah.
MWR
Labor Foreman - Afghanistan (Former Employee), Logar AfghanistanOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: n/a
I work hard and i love my co-workers,menagement I hav a job experience a good skills .The most enjoyable part of the job was
when DCMA giv mea certificate of apriciate and certificate from
menagement O&M .The hardest part of the job?There was no hard
part.
great job
Food Service Lead (Former Employee), afghanistanOctober 14, 2014
I trained cooks and made menus, i ordered all food and I managed a Dfac.
Temporay Project Accountant
Project Business Services Analyst (Former Employee), Reed, ENGOctober 13, 2014
Pros: new skiil set and local
Cons: temporay
Managing accounting of major projects.
Project finances
Impersonal as all were different depending on project
Fine but continually changing
Learning a new aspect of accounting
Learning a new aspect of accounting

About Fluor Corp.

From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. – Read more