Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews in Canada

Professional and thorough work
Senior Estimator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 28, 2015
Professional and thorough work.
Work was well laid out.
Easy going work environment.
Employees were friendly .
Supervision was helpful to the work effort.
Fluor is very good place to work. I like it very much.
Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 10, 2015
Fluor is very good place to work. I like it very much. Fluor is a company of choice for employees. The best thing about Fluor is one fluor concept. We share the knowledge across the offices.
Fun Place and Productive
Piping Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  National Capital RegionMay 7, 2015
Management is good, Co-workers are friendly, You'll learn a lot in your everyday work, hardest part of the job is revising designs over and over again, enjoyable part of the job is working with top notch professionals.
Document Control
Lead - Site Project Document Control (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NLApril 13, 2015
I enjoyed working for Fluor. Fluor was one of the best company,s I have ever worked for. The people were great - benefits were very good. With Fluor I learned new systems from mentors. I learned to train other people on the Document Control Systems. Started writing Work Instructions.
The best part of the job was the support I received from all management.

The hardest part of the job was starting a new job with a 5\2 shift and with no rotation I was unable to get home on a regular basis
Cons
5 day work week
pretty good job
insulator foreman (Former Employee) –  long harbour nlMarch 31, 2015
I was the foreman for the insulators
I worked on the pipeline from tailings
had a good crew
was some miss communication between trades
good job over all
Pros
safe job good wages
Cons
job was ended abruptly
hard working place with good people.
In absence of the supervisor stepped (Current Employee) –  bagram, afghanistanMarch 26, 2015
we work twelve hrs a day and 7 days a week,we get time off when we put in for vacation,which is 21 days at a time.i supervise a kitchen that feed thousands of soliders a day.
It is very plesent work atmosphere
Senior Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 24, 2015
I worked 9 hours a day and alternater friday off. I learned a lot of things in Fluor. I got opprtunity to work as a field electrical engineer.
Manegment is very good and co-workes are friendly.
awesome place
Electrical and Instrumentation Superintendent (Current Employee) –  calgaryMarch 5, 2015
Good place to work loved it.the people where caring and everyone worked as a team.Made some good friends there.will miss it
Pros
good people
Cons
no security
Good place to work at
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 1, 2015
Very procedure and policy oriented. Long days, good management, good place to work at, reasonable benefits. Has cafeteria and gym and many projects
Great Company!
Fluor Area Coordinator-MLMR Project (Current Employee) –  Fort MacMurrayFebruary 25, 2015
Had a great project and everything went well. Would definitely work for Fluor again!
I worked for Fluor for over 6 years and have little to complain about. I had a great team around me and I credit a lot of my success to the team. I'm a firm believer that without a good team your chances of failure are great.
productive and fun workplace
Electrical Designer/Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2015
get the chance to work with other disciplines. Be able to talk to the lead with regards to the projects we are doing.

Be able to experience working with different applications and software.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Excellent place to work
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 23, 2015
My experience has always been excellent. A group of people and individuals who actually care about doing the right thing and the best job.
I believe the firm's strengths go back to the beginning formation of the company and has remained intact through 100 years of existence.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
can't think of any
Disorganized
Principal Specialist Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake ABFebruary 23, 2015
Promised made and broken. Back Stabbing culture is fostered. Was offered a permanent position, accepted that position but never heard from them again...
Pros
it is a job
Cons
if you are not a gossip you are not welcome
Good company
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Fairly good company, good compensation, challenging work. Typical day is very busy. Co-workers are nice, management is good. The only bad thing is the lack of job security.
Pros
compensation
Cons
job security
Top EPCM Companies Around
SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ALbertaFebruary 17, 2015
If you're wanting a career in EPCM then Fluor is the place to go. Great company, open, honest management. Typical in many ways of an EPCM, if there is work you're on solid ground, if you're not billable then you time may be limited. Work/Life balance can be sometimes difficult to manage however, it can be achieved.
Pros
great culture, good people, strong outlook and future.
Cons
lower pay, bonus structure could use some work
Supervisor, Contract Management (Current Employee) –  Calgary , AB CanadaFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoy my experience with this company. Safe environment, nice accommodations. Travel to and from site was easy and completely taken care of. Overall, management is good, accommodating and approachable. No major complaints, working for this company.
Pros
work balance
Fun working environment
Construction Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, ABFebruary 1, 2015
The working environment that is presented is enjoyable. The people that you work are very informative and helpful. Hardest part of the job is trying to figure where everything is onsite.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Productive work and lots of overtime time
Document & Data Management Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 23, 2015
My work was very interesting. The co-workers were nice to work with most of the time. The work was delivered on time as per demand. The management was approachable when needed.
Pros
enjoyed all the free luches and the other staff memenbers
Cons
very long hours but got paid for all these hours
An ideal job for my skill set
Invoice Attest Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Contracts Management DepartmentJanuary 20, 2015
Lead the Invoice Attest Team to attest invoices received from contractors (Oil Sands projects). Learn Contracts Management. This is an ideal job for applying professional knowledge.
Decent place to work
Oil & Gas Project Buyer / Expediter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Fluor is overall a decent place to work. The people are great, the work is interesting, always something to learn, competitive pay, and there are lots of opportunities to work abroad (or so it seemed). Your experience may vary on the projects you work on, and your manager. Overall a good experience.

If you are a new grad, and there is no project work, you may be very expendable. EPCMs need backlog. No backlog and no projects means limited overhead and very little job security. If you have more experience and you have a niche for yourself, you will be fine.
Pros
lots of opportunites, good people and decent pay
Cons
job security in epcm's can suck when there is no backlog

4.2