Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very productive days, great co-workers and environment..
Material Management, Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Long Harbour, NLSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: my co-workers and the other workers in my building!! they are amazing
Cons: it a long and long hours. you have to be well rested to function properly..
I start work at 7:00 am till 5:30 pm.. I have very productive days and have lots or work to do.. My team in Logistics is amazing and I have learned alot.. The most frusterating part of my job is when the trucking doesnt come thru with what was organized for pick ups... There are usually dilemas and upsets.. I love the accounting aspect of my job as – more... well.. I work closely with the Client in Accounts payable..

I love my job, and love the contacts I have made in the trucking industry.. We work hard together as a team with all the carriers and with my department. Together we can make it happen!! And we will build this site!! – less
Dynamic and challenging
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee), fort mcmurrayJuly 24, 2012
Pros: interaction with others
Cons: bureaucracy
Excellent career development potential with ample opportunity to learn new skills
Pipe Welder/Pipe Fitter (Current Employee), Decatur, ALDecember 23, 2014
Weld and review blueprints ,fill in for foremanhelp with safety
Great place to work and learn new skills
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), PARDecember 22, 2014
Pros: pay, mentors
great mentorship
Gained much skills and the best part was being able to fly all over Afghanistan via helicopter to perform job task assignments
Fun Work Place
Piping Designer (Former Employee), Al Khobar, Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaDecember 16, 2014
I have been working in this company for the last 18 years.
It is a a very exciting work place and wonderful colleagues...
The management team are so nice people..
The hardest part of this job is being assigned at remote project location..
My co workers are also nice people..I been working with other employees from americas, european and middle easterner.
Safety and Productive
Senior Warehouseman (Current Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 15, 2014
Fluor is a wonderful company who teaches you allot about safety. Fluor is Fair with their employees also and Really Big on Safety. Fluor has great benefits and the management is professional at all times but also caring. I come to work with a smile on my face because Fluor gives you the tools to grow with the company and offer many promotional opportunities.
Productive and exciting working along side the Military
Fuel Distribution Systems Supervisor (Former Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 15, 2014
12hours a day 7 days a week, But refreshing holiday packet. Upper management was very understanding and caring. Co-workers showed the true meaning of team work.
Very proactive in all phases of work safety. Always willing to promote from within ranks.
Site Manager (Former Employee), Kabul AfghanistanDecember 12, 2014
Pros: open door policy
Cons: living conditions
12 hour minimum work days and 7 days a week. how to work out side the box to make things happen. my management was always supportive and informative. I had employees from all over the world so dealing with the various ethnics was a big part of daily challenges. long hours and being away from home was one very difficult thing we all dealt with. I enjoyed – more... providing for the Military and knowing I done a small part in the war against terrorism. – less
Satisfaction may vary
Finance (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CADecember 6, 2014
Pros: 9/80 schedule (every other friday off)
Cons: stodgy culture, weak industry
Cyclically, the industry in which Fluor operates is weak. It is levered heavily to commodities such as oil and copper, which have seen severe price declines for the past several years. Advancement is limited as the company is simply not growing at the moment.

Corporate culture is conservative. Employees skew towards upper 40s and 50s.

Middle management – more... quality varies. Some managers are highly intelligent and technically proficient - others are not. Depending where you fall will color your experience here. – less
its a very fun working firm
Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee), Bagram airbase afghanistanDecember 6, 2014
Pros: free food, accommodation and transportation
Cons: no cons
it was always a fun working day at job as all of us always use help each other to complete task's. we got opportunities to learn most of the things related to our job and some new things also.
management was very helpful and supportive always encouraged us in whatever we did.
the hardest part was it was a war zone.
the most enjoyable part was management – more... support for all employees. – less
good work place
Refrigeration Technician (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNDecember 3, 2014
cook prep food order food run store train wash dishes run cashregister
Productive WORK PLACE
High Voltage Electrician (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 1, 2014
a Typical workday is Completing Pm,s ,Trouble shooting .Replacing outside lights
Collaborative work place with great mentors
Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKNovember 30, 2014
Pros: great mentorship programs
Cons: na
Great job culture and well defined procedures that are proven to work and increase work efficiency.
Very productive job and good experience
RegionalEnvironmental Coordinator- Afghanistan (Former Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 29, 2014
Pros: free airplane tickets, company provided hotels, r&r payed.
Cons: bad management planing.
In a very dangerous place like Afghanistan to work is not easy to accomplish your duty, but with company's help and my coworkers we did it perfectly accomplished 4 years in a War zone live and get back to my family with ten fingers and ten toes.
The company as a whole good
Heavy Truck Driver Fuels (Former Employee), AfghanistanNovember 29, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: they could make vacations 30 days long
I learned a lot working for this company, they took good care of me,i worked for Fluor 3 yrs, and had no problems, that is rare in overseas work, I was abel to drive Flat, box, tank, and lowboy trailers again i loved it
Productive, Safely, And Dignity and Respect
MCS II Warehouse Lead (Current Employee), PARNovember 26, 2014
Pros: lunch from restorurant
Cons: full time
This is not going to be my first time working with different companys.
See my Resume will explane everything what i do.
Most Ethical and Capable EPCM Firm in the World
Document Control Manager / Contracts Administrator (Former Employee), Irving, TxNovember 26, 2014
Pros: benefits, traveling, growth opportunities
Cons: egos, inconsistent management techniques, alot of reinventing the wheel
Amazing Company to work for. Great benefits, world renowned engineering and construction. Great opportunities to learn and grow.

Only negatives is that every project is unique in the sense of the group that is assembled. Groups are very tight knit, experienced the greatest Management Techniques, all the way down to the poorest Management techniques.

Fluor – more... Corporation with over 40k employees across the world, have proven they are an A++ company. – less
Known about different countries
HUMAN RESOURCES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Peru, Guinea, Dominican Republic, ArgentinaNovember 24, 2014
Pros: travel different countries
Cons: working for assignments
A typical day of work, if be prepare for a new assignment, in a different country. Work with different peoples from remotes cultures and languages, The hardest part, traveling. but at the same time the most valuable part.
Large Company Values
Material Management Specialist (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXNovember 22, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: double standards
Receive and Issue material. Maintain a safe and clean work environment. Maintain proper inventory. Maintain 100+ trailers for issuing material. Locate lost and missing material. Keep track of material request. Attend all safety related meetings and conduct some of them.
A better company to work for.
Top Helper (Current Employee), Decatur, ALNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: larger workforce means larger lay-off lists
The hours are great for family life. The management could be a lot better on the specific site I was on. But I would work for this company again.

About Fluor Corp.

From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. – Read more