Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Pace environment
Movement Control Coordinator (Former Employee), AfghanistanSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: multiple opportunities to network
Cons: combat environment
Excellent pay and benefits. not well organized and structured.
very productiv time.
Senior Warehouseman (Former Employee), Camp Salerno US camp. AfghanistanSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: payed ticket to go home on vacation.
Cons: no day off in 3 months.
Waking up every day at 6:00am. Go to shower, get dress and go to work in camp at warehouse at 6:55am.
Doing inventory till breakfast time 9:00am.
Breakfast 30 min, after that pick up trucks with cargo and go to warehouse. Download truck and putt stuff in warehouse till 14:00am then is lunch time.
14:30am putt cargo in their position and sorted by the – more... dates.
16:55am get local nationals to the gate.
17:15am deliver food items to the kitchen till 19:30 am.
19:31am sign my time sheet then go to my room.
One work day is over 12h.
I learn discipline.
ex.inventory management.
my co. workers are awesome.
Hardest part of job is that is war zone and every day is 12h work, no day off.
enjoyable part of job is going home on vacation. Flying on plain. – less
safe work
Travel Specialist (Former Employee), Ghazni, AfghanistanSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good conditions vehicles
Cons: nothings
good rules and regulations
sign boards
0% incidents
good maintenance
Challenging and educational environment
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: lots of training education
Cons: required overtime sometimes
Fluor has great skill set training, and educational mandatory tutorial lessons, from software to newest scams and how to avoid them. They had wonderful yearly family fun days. Management took pride in workers accomplishments and built strong teams that worked well together.
My Favorite company
CONTROLLER/FINANCE MANAGER (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: high energy, exciting, new opportunities
Cons: market change caused a collapse in the client listings
Fluor was a dynamic and exciting place to work. Opportunities where there if you wanted to take advantage of them
productive assignment
Heavy Truck Driver (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: all things were wonderful
Cons: it was only temporary
Workinf for KBR was great. I traveled, worked, and enjoyed what i did. Unfortunately is was a contrat job only.
E&C company working on Engineering job US and overseas.
consultant. (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good place to work. staff is very friendly.
Cons: none very specific.
Good place to work. People are very friendly and helping. Typical day work is 8 hrs. Typical E&C company. One may feel age discrimination.
n/a
Senior Warehouseman (Former Employee), AfghanistanSeptember 10, 2014
Tell us about:
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
It was a good place to learn new things and meet a wide diversity of people.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: networking
I had multiple jobs at this company so from project to project my days were different. I worked at jobsites and in the office. The project jobsites were my favorite places to work. It felt like family when you were at a site.
I learned all aspects of a job from how they were won to how we closed them out. I worked with clients and all management levels – more... in Fluor. – less
Oversea is diffrent you meet people all over the world
Class I Warehouseman Afghanistan (Former Employee), AfghanistanSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: you eat free and it like being at home.
Cons: its really hot over there
To understand some one that did not speak your language. that was the hard part but you get use to it and go on. At the need it all fall in place and the work get done. Its different but I really enjoy working with the people over there I learn a lot.
working with people at all levels
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee), BagramSeptember 7, 2014
Worked with people at all levels, civilian and military, and effectively motivates team members to attain professional goals and objectives. Possesed hands on experience with requisitions, receipts, inspecting, accounting, storing, preservation, and issue of supplies, Extensive knowledge in inventory, stockage control, security, and distribution, Computer – more... literate in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, Regarded as a leader who manages quickly in fast-paced environments. – less
fun work place
Utility Worker/ boilermaker helper (Former Employee), Freeport, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: low pay miles
had fun working here good people to work with and good delivery money
Good
Fuel Distribution System Foreman (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 3, 2014
I enjoyed working for Fluor overseas type of work. Traveling was a fun experience and meeting new friends from all over the world.
Language barrier, leaving condition and dealing with the customer were the hardest part of the job.

I have learned many new things since I worked for Fluor. I really enjoyed making money and learned how to leave with 8 – more... men in the same tent.
I probably would do it again if I had another opportunity to go overseas again. – less
it is ok working here
Surveyor (Former Employee), Freeport, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: chief management
the reason why I got out is because they think and treat as your nothing and don't apreicate the work you do
Fun, supportive group overall to work with
Material Handler (Former Employee), Ridgeville, SCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: freedom to expand my knowledge of entire job and other crafts
Cons: leaving a great job
Given a lot of freedom to do my job as well as allowed to work with other crafts and supervision. Started job overseeing one storage unit for Electrical material by the end of my time at the job I was taking care of the material in 6 areas of the job the lay down area, material and supplies stored in the warehouse with the warehouse attends updating – more... me on all recv'd material.

Responsible for putting up job print each morning for safety meeting. All documents prepared in Excel and Word on schedule and new request.

Assisted researching material for Instrumentation via internet required as replacement or new instruments from international companies and local. – less
Hvac Journeyman
HVAC Journeyman (Former Employee), Camp GhaziAugust 25, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: no complaints
Meetings first thing before every shift. We discussed plans and assignments for the day. We also had a safety meeting which is vital to the work we do. People were great, and very helpful.
Very good work place !
HVAC Journeyman (Former Employee), Kabul AfghanistanAugust 24, 2014
•a typical day at work ' running work orders and doing preventative maintenance on mini split HVAC systems.

•what you learned ' how to work on a deferent stile of mini split units.

•management ' what can I say it was great always there for any problems that came up and always willing to do what ever it took to get the job done .

•your co-workers – more... ' were great always helpful .

The hardest part of the job ' having to leave it .

•the most enjoyable part of the job ' knowing that I was helping the US Armed Forces – less
Great company to work for
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee), dallas/fort worth txAugust 19, 2014
good working conditions, good management, good policies and procedures, good work life balance
Productive and Team Oriented Environment
Accounting Tech level 2 (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 18, 2014
Many various learning opportunities. Project management through Fluor Government Group's strategies and SOP's, that comply with the United States Government SOP's for Government related construction projects.
Great supervisors,work mates,team culture.great pay
Mechanical Trades Assistant (Current Employee), Roma, QLDAugust 15, 2014
Pros: love the camp life
Cons: bit home sick but not too bad
First time in the oil &gas industry &I will definitely will be actively looking to continue in this role.Great bunch of blokes to work with as well as management.No pressure on anyone to work flat out ,just complete work in a safe & efficient manner.The 21/7 roster is perfect for my situation.p.s & Im well paid. I sound like a happy worker don't I.

About Fluor Corp.

From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. – Read more