Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fluor was a great place to work. They have a very progressive culture and value system.
Senior Project Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2013
I would work for Fluor again anytime. Fluor has the most impressive knowledgeable people in the EPCM industry. Their processes and procedures are very precise. The people I worked with were helpful, warm and easy to work with. Management on all levels were approachable and willing to listen. Good place to work.
Good benefits and opportunities for advancement
Leaching Team Lead - Mechanical Completions (Current Employee), Long Harbor, NLFebruary 8, 2013
Management is very open to providing opportunities needed for personal development and advancement. A very global company with vast resources (technical and otherwise).
Very productive days, great co-workers and environment..
Material Management, Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Long Harbour, NLSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: my co-workers and the other workers in my building!! they are amazing
Cons: it a long and long hours. you have to be well rested to function properly..
I start work at 7:00 am till 5:30 pm.. I have very productive days and have lots or work to do.. My team in Logistics is amazing and I have learned alot.. The most frusterating part of my job is when the trucking doesnt come thru with what was organized for pick ups... There are usually dilemas and upsets.. I love the accounting aspect of my job as well.. I work closely with the Client in Accounts payable..

I love my job, and love the contacts I have made in the trucking industry.. We work hard together as a team with all the carriers and with my department. Together we can make it happen!! And we will build this site!!
Dynamic and challenging
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee), fort mcmurrayJuly 24, 2012
Pros: interaction with others
Cons: bureaucracy
Excellent career development potential with ample opportunity to learn new skills
Exellent
Water Supply Foreman (Former Employee), AfganistanJanuary 26, 2015
Team work implemented Safety to provide quality and quantity of contractual customer's service, on a daily basis.
Fun and very productive
MWR Technician II (Former Employee), BAFJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: breaks, healthcare, housing
My typical day was greeting customers .Everyday you learn something new from a customer . Management was good and co-workers were a joy to be with .The hardest part of the day was knowing I could solve someones much needed problem.The most enjoyable part of my job was know I made a different and that I help someone that day and put a smile on there face.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Electrical Design Engineer/Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Friendly co-worker and manager, learned in diversity field of engineering.
Productive, obtain more knowledge in Shipping- resieving
Control Specialist (Former Employee), Avghanistan. SalernoJanuary 20, 2015
• Maintained an accurate accounting and reporting system for non-expendable property while performing standardized property management control processes
• Served as primary Point of Contact for the Afghan 1st Project; utilized Access to manage reports on Afghan employee training; processed training requests and training contracts
• Streamlined logistics operations and improved productivity through effective reporting, prioritization and customer communications.
• Quickly resolved inquiries regarding the status of requisitions, delivery of materials and other questions received from customers, storage depots or other organizations.
• Calculated material requirements or estimates for budget, procurement, disposal, provisioning and other special programs.
An Exceptional Corporation w/ Global Opportunities
Document Control Lead (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: professional challenges, excellent benefits and opportunity to travel
My years at Fluor were full of professional growth and opportunities to express knowledge. Business trips to Mexico and India and a two-year work assignment in Russia satisfied my desire to travel. I learned about business in other cultures and enjoyed the fact that the culture of Fluor was present in each office no matter how far from headquarters. The benefits were excellent (401k, Time Off With Pay plan, pension and good health plans). Employees are treated with respect in an environment created to promote safety and health. Management generally showed fair treatment and individualized mentorship to department staff.
Not so good.
operator (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: h/r does little to help resolve an issue fairly.
Fluor has good steady work...but management can be a little difficult to work with. Had a complaint which I took to H/R and was told by the woman in H/R that she had worked other projects with the Supervisor I was having a problem with and that she had never heard of him acting like that. 5 employees verified my complaint and it never went anywhere.
highly productive
Execution coordinator over turnaround (Current Employee), marathon galveston bayJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary not hourly
highly motivative company to work for they take care of their employees
Fluor overall is a great company
Senior Warehouse Manager/Materials Buyer/Expeditor (Former Employee), Magna, UTJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great work staff
Cons: the client was diffuclt to work with
Average 10 hours a day, Fluor coworkers were great people and were good hands at what they did. Working for the Client was a test every day.
Maintenance at a coal power plant
Office Manager (Current Employee), Fairfield, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: steady work
Cons: insecurity of coal power plant industry
Typically, reporting is the first priority of the day and then move on to payroll. Reporting must be available at a specific time, payroll also must be done in a timely manner. I enjoy helping craft and salary find answers to questions on benefits, payroll questions, etc.
Great Company
Fuel Distribution Operator (Former Employee), AfghanistanJanuary 14, 2015
 Monitored and maintained aviation, diesel, and mogas fuel in a tank farm.
 Performed usage calculations, service orders, and required fuel amounts for tank filling.
 Performed routine logistical functions including preparation for shipping and receiving documents.
 Inspected samples of fuel, and checked gravity and flashpoint.
 Gauged tanks for water, temperature, and fuel levels.
 Performed preventive mantainence and repairs on fuel terminal.
 Supervised subcontractors and labor personnel, in accordance with the " General Supervisory Duties and Responsiblities" addendum.
Great Pay but is overseas
Fuel Distribution System Foreman (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great pay, great benefits
Cons: long periods away from home
Fluor is a Government contractor that requires you to sacrifice a lot time away from home but compensates you well.
Good Experience
3) Laborer (Former Employee), FreeportJanuary 10, 2015
For someone who was as green as grass this job was a key found understanding of what is expected to work at a plant. Also, to experience other job oportunities in different crafts. Although, it is different, and you got to take care of yourself out in the enviorments.
great people to work for
Foreman; Dow Up Stream Project (Former Employee), Freeport, TXJanuary 9, 2015
this was one of the best working jobs I have ever had I was paid very well and had some of the most talented carpenters working on my team that I have ever worked with it was a very good experience
Fluor management is very organized and was always willing to listen to our concerns and give us the tools we need to get the job done safely
My work ethic is: To use my ablility to do the best job I know how.
SENIOR DOCUMENT CONTROL (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2015
I was working for Fluor but reported to Worely Parsons off of Park Row. I was hired as a Senior Document Controller. I trained for a month on PDMDocs; so I could process the transmittals as they came in. Before I started my boss pulled me aside with different plans for me.

I became the 1st Squad Check Runner that Worely ever had. I kept a log on each transmittal I delivered so we knew who had each transmittal package. This job i came to love ... I felt like I also knew every one on the Hebron Project; a lot of the reviewers appreciated the idea that I was routing for signatures and I learned a lot.

Both years that I worked for Fluor on Exxon Mobil's Canadian Project Hebron I received an, "Outstanding Performance Award" - just for doing my job! The CEO of Worely gave out certificates and a visa card (Monetary Award), I accepted it... even if I was just doing my job.
Sr.Purchasing Agent (Project) (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Great company, fun to work there. Always did things for employees and gave lunches. Atmosphere was relaxed.
Great Culture
Associate Project Controls Specialist III (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great people and vast knowledge
Fluor has a great culture and an even better safety culture. I have enjoyed working for the company for 8 year. the people I have worked with have been nice and most have been very willing to teach/mentor. I have made great friends from project to project. People seem to care about each other, and most help each other to get the work done.

About Fluor Corp.

From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. – Read more