Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Great Competative Place to Work
Senior Engineering Technician, ISO Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2016
Highly competitive and very good company. Hard work is recognized. However, it has some dead wood (piping leads) who need to be retired as they do not accomplish much. They slow down your work as they can not keep up.
High Pressure work loads with Demanding Clients - Great Company with Great professional people.
CSA - (Acting Lead) & Design Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
From Company CEO to new grad, Every one is open, professional and approachable.
Department head leads the whole department with honesty and integrity which is reflected at every level.
Every day 'one' is encouraged to be their individual self whilst being offered knowledge and experience passed down thru the company.
Pros
Enthusiastic and optimistic for future projects
Cons
Rapidly Depleting work load
Good company to work for.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 October 2016
Had a great time working there, gained a wealth of experience and worked with people from all over the world. Safety culture is very rich, made me feel safe working there.
a normal work place
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
a big normal work place, nothing too much fun, if you really want to enjoy a passionate fun work place, avoid this one.
Some of the leaders are not for the performance of the works of company, but they rather they are working for themselves.
Human driven safety
HSE Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alberta15 October 2016
Over the several year's I have worked with Fluor, the culture and family unit feeling that is given makes it easy to come to work and strive to bring everyone home at the end of the day and rotation. I have learned more then I can write into words with the education and personnel growth.
Worked with a lot of great people
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta14 October 2016
Working in a camp you become quite close with those you work with. I've had the privilege of working with some really great people. I'd have to say that the best and sometimes the hardest time was working out in the field away from home.
Pros
Always something to learn, diversity
Cons
long hours, high stress
Great company to work for then there is work
Sampler (Current Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB13 October 2016
Really enjoyed my time with this company, unfortunately after 2 years with this company they lost the contract at the site I'm working at and with it my position.
Welcoming work environment, and friendly employees.
Engineering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2016
Working with the management team, I learnt a lot about communication, coordination between engineering teams, field work and clients. The most enjoyable part about my job was the constant encouragement, and positivity around me.
Great place to work. .
Senior Turnaround Mechanical Planner (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2016
Always enjoyed working for Fluor. Interesting and challenging work environments. Leader in Oilsands construction, maintenance and Turnarounds. Skilled workforce and great project management group.
Pros
Ability to work as a contractor.
Cons
non
Good place to work and grow
Engineering Manager and Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2016
Fluor has a welcoming environment for people with diverse background and skills to work together successfully.
Fast paced work enviroment
Timekeeper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2016
Non-stop work days, always have something to keep myself busy with or have new things to learn. Deadlines are a huge factor in any payroll sort of department, as well as accuracy of the payroll.
Not approprate in my opinion.
Senior Designer/Project Cad Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2016
I feel its unnecessary for me to give a review of former employers to potential new employers. Sorry but it makes me uncomfortable.
Pros
Employer
Cons
Not enough work to keep me emoloyed
Pipeline Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Canada14 July 2016
This company always offers very good compensation package. It has lots of activities which are full of fun. It has many professional development programs.
Recruitment/HR, Principal Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 July 2016
Great team
Positive atmosphere
Diverse
Excellent work environment.
Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 July 2016
Typical day of work involves interaction with competent and enthusiastic individuals with a common goal.
All are aware of the importance in team building and mutual support.
Overcoming challenges
Electrical Foreman (Current Employee) –  Redwater, AB19 June 2016
As with most construction jobs the daily challenges are met with success. Able to do various installations which include electrical and instrumentation.
Excellent procedure and standards that makes life easy
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2016
- Developed an excellent engineering team with lots of faith in each other.
- Walked and talked rather than sending emails(where not required) and spread that culture through the project
- Took decisions after consultation and looking at pros and cons
- Taught the team how to identify the risks and take mitigation measures
- Learnt that Clients with poor knowledge of what they really want can lead to disaster. It is always good to let the Client know what is good for the project
good
Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2016
Working environment is nice, people is kind, work is professional, management is efficient. have good opportunities to work in the big project.
Great company to work for.
Supervisor Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Canada, China and South Africa27 May 2016
Fluor is a great place to work for with opportunities to learn and grow with management support. Experts with many years experience who are willing to share their experiences and support other team members. Fluor gave me the opportunity to go on assignments and gained international experience. Overall a good place to work for but the unfortunate downturn in the oil and gas industry took us all by surprise.
Pros
Lunch and learn sessions, international assignment opportunities
Cons
Uncertainty in the market
Great Company! Tons of Career Opportunities
Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2016
Worked at Fluor for close to 8 years. Left for a new opportunity in a different part of the country (one where Fluor didn't have offices) due to a family situation.

The company has a very strong culture that encourages employees to get involved and develop their skills. Fluor was a great place to start out as a new graduate because of all the amazing support, mentorship, encouragement, community engagement, and career opportunities available. Management was very supportive and encouraging.

The people truly make the company. Fluor hires exceptional people who are committed to safety, integrity, work/life balance, and constant improvement. Fluor has a lot of policies, rules and procedures which are outstanding but at the same time the red tape could get in the way of getting things done in a timely manner.
Pros
Fridays Off, Education & Training Programs, Site Opportunities
Cons
Approval levels required for everything could be overkill and slowed things down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2