Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews in Canada

PDDM Department is all about Politics
Current Employee at Fluor PDDM (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray and Calgary AlbertaJune 4, 2013
The company itself is a very good company but the people running the PDDM Management Team is all about politics. They will manage the department from home offices leaving the folks at different site areas on their own. Once you close a project for them, they will cut you lose and forget about all the hard work.

If only PDDM Department does not have politics, Fluor will definitely be a good place to work.
Pros
average pay, courses, opportunities
Cons
management making wrongful decisions, does not value people, will use you to close project for them then lay you off without valid reasons, relationships between management and co-workers are very common which is again politics.
professional
Structural Enigneer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 27, 2015
Working at Fluor means working in a professional environment, with high technical standards on large scale projects, within a group of dedicated people.
Productive work and lots of overtime time
Document & Data Management Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 23, 2015
My work was very interesting. The co-workers were nice to work with most of the time. The work was delivered on time as per demand. The management was approachable when needed.
Pros
enjoyed all the free luches and the other staff memenbers
Cons
very long hours but got paid for all these hours
Great work environment and teamwork network
Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaOctober 22, 2014
Every day presented new challenges and opportunities to learn and enhance your personal professional skill set. Management was very approachable and interacted with the team as if just one of the team. Co workers were very diversified in their skills and all team members shared their experiences with each other.
Pros
opportunities for career advancement
Great placed to work,
Supervisor Materilas Management - Senior Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
Work weeks are 36 and 44 hours with every second Friday off
Very diversified co-workers from many countries
Project challenges created opportunities to use different techniques to ensure success
Different place to work, mind you in Afghanistan
Carpenter journieman (Former Employee) –  Afghanistan - Bagram - SharanaAugust 29, 2013
Replacing or rebuilding around the FOB. Every day learning on different culture , people , jobs. Good management bottom to top.Very good and different from all around the world. The i-------s. Going to R & R every 3 months.
Pros
free lunches
Great Experience
Small Appliance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bagram, AfghanistanJuly 17, 2015
Learned a lot about appliances
Worked with people from other cultures races etc
Sleeping in tents
Working enviroment not for everyone,but you get used to it
learned a great deal from this company
PC Support/CADD Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary,ABOctober 16, 2013
I started here as a Desktop Support person and left as a CAD Support. I have learned to see the business from the designing and construction side of things. Management was very supportive in my career path. The hardest part of the job was getting the proper training on the new CAD system to support it. I enjoyed the challenges of learning a role and taking some night courses to try to understand my clients.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
getting training
Productive and engaging work environment.
Technical Translator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 30, 2015
I liked the challenging yet friendly atmosphere at Fluor, and really enjoyed learning from my colleagues. Great team and having a gym at the office is definitely a plus!
Enjoyed every minute
Piping Superintendent / Turnover Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, Ft McMurray, N Jersey, SarniaAugust 23, 2015
Worked on several projects across Canada and the USA with this company. Construction Managers were well suited for their positions.

Irving Oil project had Superintendents from the west of Canada who tended to treat Eastcoaster with disrespect , as a result got less work out of their charges.

I had a great re pore with 300+ of the trades I was responsible for
Good place to work at
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 1, 2015
Very procedure and policy oriented. Long days, good management, good place to work at, reasonable benefits. Has cafeteria and gym and many projects
Structured working environment, encourage learning
Plant Designer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 28, 2013
Great place to learn and enhance knowledge
Structured and organized, engineering-like large firm
Treat new employee with "free" on-job training
Free to form "small groups"
Pros
large company, everything you can think of has been taken care of. company culture encourages learning
Cons
little sense of control, poor job security, sometime directionless, layoff can be brutal and dumbfounded
Fun Place and Productive
Piping Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  National Capital RegionMay 7, 2015
Management is good, Co-workers are friendly, You'll learn a lot in your everyday work, hardest part of the job is revising designs over and over again, enjoyable part of the job is working with top notch professionals.
Excellent place to work
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 23, 2015
My experience has always been excellent. A group of people and individuals who actually care about doing the right thing and the best job.
I believe the firm's strengths go back to the beginning formation of the company and has remained intact through 100 years of existence.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
can't think of any
Review
Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 30, 2015
Great Company, great people and great culture. A place to work and call home. I will recommend this company a million more times
High paced deadline driven
Senior PBS (Project Business Services) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 31, 2014
Managed multiple projects for multiple clients. Corporate culture is dry and people are considered numbers. Job security lacking and a lot of stress.
Great personal contact and interaction
MC Plus Data Base/ |IT (Former Employee) –  newfoundlandOctober 24, 2014
The Leads/Management and Staff were wonderful, helpful and very understanding. Very one pulled together as a team
Pros
great management
learning experience
QA Manager Preservation and Site Wide Services (Former Employee) –  Fort McKay,Alta.December 22, 2012
· Ensure Contractors execute services in a safe, reliable and efficient manner while maintaining quality standards imposed by the client
· Verify Contractors Quality plan is being adhered to and adjusting scope and staffing as required
· Review 31 contractors Quality Management Plans and ITP’s, highlight any defiencies and return for change and approval
· Perform Quality audits on all site wide service disciplines
· Complete surveillance reports on all contractor scope activities
· Verify contractors progress with Quality Surveillance Reports, Corrective Action Reports and Non-Compliance Reports
· Ensure all preservation and storage activities of mechanical and electrical equipment while in their care, custody and control are in compliance with warranty instructions
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very productive days, great co-workers and environment..
Material Management, Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Harbour, NLSeptember 16, 2012
I start work at 7:00 am till 5:30 pm.. I have very productive days and have lots or work to do.. My team in Logistics is amazing and I have learned alot.. The most frusterating part of my job is when the trucking doesnt come thru with what was organized for pick ups... There are usually dilemas and upsets.. I love the accounting aspect of my job as well.. I work closely with the Client in Accounts payable..

I love my job, and love the contacts I have made in the trucking industry.. We work hard together as a team with all the carriers and with my department. Together we can make it happen!! And we will build this site!!
Pros
my co-workers and the other workers in my building!! they are amazing
Cons
it a long and long hours. you have to be well rested to function properly..
Disorganized
Principal Specialist Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake ABFebruary 23, 2015
Promised made and broken. Back Stabbing culture is fostered. Was offered a permanent position, accepted that position but never heard from them again...
Pros
it is a job
Cons
if you are not a gossip you are not welcome

4.2