Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Different place to work, mind you in Afghanistan
Carpenter journieman (Former Employee), Afghanistan - Bagram - SharanaAugust 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Replacing or rebuilding around the FOB. Every day learning on different culture , people , jobs. Good management bottom to top.Very good and different from all around the world. The i-------s. Going to R & R every 3 months.
Structured working environment, encourage learning
Plant Designer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 28, 2013
Pros: large company, everything you can think of has been taken care of. company culture encourages learning
Cons: little sense of control, poor job security, sometime directionless, layoff can be brutal and dumbfounded
Great place to learn and enhance knowledge
Structured and organized, engineering-like large firm
Treat new employee with "free" on-job training
Free to form "small groups"
 Senior Project Controls Manager
Senior Project Controls Manager (Former Employee), Cajamarca PeruAugust 24, 2013
Pros: learn new systems
Cons: no really
Planning
Culture and Systems
All team
Friendly
No really
Good result
Good company to work for but the job is winding down and lay offs are happning
Foreman (Current Employee), AfghanistanJune 17, 2013
Pros: top pay
Cons: working far away from home
A very good company they took very good care of me and I would recomend them to any one.
Progressive company which provides many opportunities for emerging Engineers
Event Administrator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 10, 2013
Pros: 9 day fortnights
Cons: engineers
Progressive company which provides many opportunities for emerging Engineers
PDDM Department is all about Politics
Current Employee at Fluor PDDM (Current Employee), Fort McMurray and Calgary AlbertaJune 4, 2013
Pros: average pay, courses, opportunities
Cons: management making wrongful decisions, does not value people, will use you to close project for them then lay you off without valid reasons, relationships between management and co-workers are very common which is again politics.
The company itself is a very good company but the people running the PDDM Management Team is all about politics. They will manage the department from home offices leaving the folks at different site areas on their own. Once you close a project for them, they will cut you lose and forget about all the hard work.

If only PDDM Department does not have – more... politics, Fluor will definitely be a good place to work. – less
Convenient workplace from Home
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 21, 2013
Fluor is known for their quality workmanship in all engg , procurement & construction.
FLUOR/FGG/Afghanistan/FOB Shank
Plumbing Superintendent (Current Employee), FOB Shank, Logar Province, AfghanistanMarch 8, 2013
Pros: learning different cultures and behaviors of the employees.
Cons: materials are extremely hard to aquire.
I am currently working for Fluor, in Logar, Afghanistan on FOB Shank. I have been working on this FOB for over three and a half years. Before Afghanistan, I worked in Iraq, with KBR, for one year. My position is AO plumbing superintendent for Task Force Bayonet. I oversee the Plumbing Operations on 6 FOB’s in the AO. Required to travel to each FOB. – more... We currently experience IDF activity daily. The most challenging aspect of this job is working with many different nationality's, which creates communication issues. – less
FLUOR/FGG/Afghanistan/FOB Shank
Pros: learning different cultures and behaviors of the employees.
Cons: materials are extremely hard to aquire.
Fluor was a great place to work. They have a very progressive culture and value system.
Senior Project Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2013
I would work for Fluor again anytime. Fluor has the most impressive knowledgeable people in the EPCM industry. Their processes and procedures are very precise. The people I worked with were helpful, warm and easy to work with. Management on all levels were approachable and willing to listen. Good place to work.
Good benefits and opportunities for advancement
Leaching Team Lead - Mechanical Completions (Current Employee), Long Harbor, NLFebruary 8, 2013
Management is very open to providing opportunities needed for personal development and advancement. A very global company with vast resources (technical and otherwise).
Overall good company.
Master Electrician - EIRC (Former Employee), Sharana AfghanistanFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: ethical and safe to work with.
Cons: long hours
Overall good company. Supervision not vetted as well as should be.
Safety orientated and job security
Carpenter Journeyman (Current Employee), Kabul, KABJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: free living quarters and meals
Cons: 84 hour work week.
I don't mind working an 84 hour work week. We get rewarded with a vacation every 3 months and the camp has many great resources.
Very productive days, great co-workers and environment..
Material Management, Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Long Harbour, NLSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: my co-workers and the other workers in my building!! they are amazing
Cons: it a long and long hours. you have to be well rested to function properly..
I start work at 7:00 am till 5:30 pm.. I have very productive days and have lots or work to do.. My team in Logistics is amazing and I have learned alot.. The most frusterating part of my job is when the trucking doesnt come thru with what was organized for pick ups... There are usually dilemas and upsets.. I love the accounting aspect of my job as – more... well.. I work closely with the Client in Accounts payable..

I love my job, and love the contacts I have made in the trucking industry.. We work hard together as a team with all the carriers and with my department. Together we can make it happen!! And we will build this site!! – less
Dynamic and challenging
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee), fort mcmurrayJuly 24, 2012
Pros: interaction with others
Cons: bureaucracy
Excellent career development potential with ample opportunity to learn new skills
Great Place to work
Project Controls (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJuly 24, 2014
- great management teams
- great challenges
- work well with leads for updates
tough conditions but worth it.
Quality Technician III (Former Employee), Marmal, AfghanistanJuly 22, 2014
Excellent Company. Worth the effort though the project is virtually over. A life experience and a great opportunity.
exellent job,but war zone
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), AfghanistanJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free food, free billeting.
Cons: war zone
!2 hours,every day,approximatly 3 month from vacation to vacation in war zone.Great experience to working in team of multilingual,multicultural society.American military standarts of job,strong discipline.
Well established work environment
Principal Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
There is a lot of good and experienced people
The pace of work is fairly quick
Co Workers are very supportive and work as a team
Very challenging work
Maintenance/Shut Scheduler (Current Employee), KarathaJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: roster
Very challenging work in a hard environment. Contracted to Rio Tinto to maintain the rail network.

About Fluor Corp.

From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. – Read more