Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fluor
Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: global company, good benefits
Cons: no loyalty to employees
- Work schedule is 9 hours Mon - Thu and 8 hours every other Friday. 80 hours per 2 weeks. 44 hours week one and 36 hours week two.

- I've learned a lot about SAP, procurement systems, and material management.

- In most offices, the corporate culture is good and encourages an atmosphere of knowledge sharing. In my most recent office, this culture – more... has not really been accepted and there is an unfortunate tendency to silo and not share or cross-train.

- In general, the job is not hard, and should not be. The work itself is enjoyable. However, when projects are not bid properly, they end up getting understaffed. For this office, buyers are trying to manage 3- 4 times the number of packages of their US counterparts and I was trying to support 4-5 times the number of buyers of my US counterparts. Because of low staffing levels, project execution suffers and errors are far more frequent than they need to be.

- I get a sense of accomplishment when I help end users solve problems, get their work done, and become more effective and efficient in their jobs. – less
A Professional Company
Lead Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: a good company
Performed successfully several projects developing, designing and constructing Electrical Power Systems for 220 kV, 138 kV, 69 kV, 34.5 kV, 4.16 kV and lower voltages. The power systems comprised of transmission line, substations, modular Electrical Rooms, SCADA, and EMS equipment.
Responsibilities include Preparing Technical Specifications of Equipment – more... and Systems for the Power Systems. Have several years experience of Maintenance, Construction, Design, Engineering and Development on International Projects
I am a Canadian Citizen and can work under NAFTA agreement in USA without any hastles. – less
Great experience to work
Electrical Design Engineer - IV (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: great system
Cons: present project ; uncertain continuity
Although pretty new with the organization, however, it is a great experience to work.
High quality and safe work envinornment
Material Control Specialist I (Current Employee), BAFJanuary 4, 2014
"Excellence is ordinery here" is our tag line of Fluor RDC Materials.
I have learned a lot from this organization, done all MMG traning and earned HSE Gold Medal with OSHA10, OSHA30.
Management is ver co-operative and encourage growth.
Very hard working co-worker
Best organization to work with
Good working exerience
AP Analyst Projects (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 3, 2014
Good company where I worked on contract, very supportive team.
Enjoyed working close to home.
work safe
STRUCTURAL WELDER (Former Employee), rock dale txJanuary 1, 2014
work 10 long hours do your job saftly, an go home.treat others as you want to be treated.the hardeat part of the job is to hang in there an do your best
productive and fun workplace
Buyer Lead (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 12, 2013
Pros: ethics and salary
Cons: job security
workload is so tough. You may learn a lot. work environment is good!
Friendly co-workers in a dangerouse environment
Safety Representative/Heavy Truck Operator (Former Employee), Salerno,Bagram AfghanistanOctober 6, 2013
Pros: all meals, laundry and room was free
Cons: heat 130f was intense somedays
Report to office for morning safety meetings
pre-trip and inspect truck
train new employees on route
run regular route
lunch break
complete 2nd half of route
post trip inspection of vehicle
return to office to complete final daily paper work and safety meeting.
After work time to go to the gym for a 2 hr. work out and shower and bed.
I loved working – more... for Fluor, the pay was great and the benefits couldn't be beat! – less
Team enviroment with qualified people to work with.
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2013
Having worked on Fluor projects in the past they are a very good company to work for. They provide lots of benefits and support for employees. The possess the ability to allow people to grow into knew positions.
Great place to work!
Irving Oil Student Program (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 16, 2013
I had a great time working with Fluor, met lots of great people. Great environment!
Good Place to Work
Project Buyer, Expeditor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 8, 2013
Very professional work place, If you stay with this company for at least 3 years, you will learn a lot.
Very Professional colleagues, mangers, and famous clients in Mining and OIL&GAS.
Different place to work, mind you in Afghanistan
Carpenter journieman (Former Employee), Afghanistan - Bagram - SharanaAugust 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Replacing or rebuilding around the FOB. Every day learning on different culture , people , jobs. Good management bottom to top.Very good and different from all around the world. The i-------s. Going to R & R every 3 months.
Structured working environment, encourage learning
Plant Designer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 28, 2013
Pros: large company, everything you can think of has been taken care of. company culture encourages learning
Cons: little sense of control, poor job security, sometime directionless, layoff can be brutal and dumbfounded
Great place to learn and enhance knowledge
Structured and organized, engineering-like large firm
Treat new employee with "free" on-job training
Free to form "small groups"
Progressive company which provides many opportunities for emerging Engineers
Event Administrator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 10, 2013
Pros: 9 day fortnights
Cons: engineers
Progressive company which provides many opportunities for emerging Engineers
PDDM Department is all about Politics
Current Employee at Fluor PDDM (Current Employee), Fort McMurray and Calgary AlbertaJune 4, 2013
Pros: average pay, courses, opportunities
Cons: management making wrongful decisions, does not value people, will use you to close project for them then lay you off without valid reasons, relationships between management and co-workers are very common which is again politics.
The company itself is a very good company but the people running the PDDM Management Team is all about politics. They will manage the department from home offices leaving the folks at different site areas on their own. Once you close a project for them, they will cut you lose and forget about all the hard work.

If only PDDM Department does not have – more... politics, Fluor will definitely be a good place to work. – less
Convenient workplace from Home
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 21, 2013
Fluor is known for their quality workmanship in all engg , procurement & construction.
FLUOR/FGG/Afghanistan/FOB Shank
Plumbing Superintendent (Current Employee), FOB Shank, Logar Province, AfghanistanMarch 8, 2013
Pros: learning different cultures and behaviors of the employees.
Cons: materials are extremely hard to aquire.
I am currently working for Fluor, in Logar, Afghanistan on FOB Shank. I have been working on this FOB for over three and a half years. Before Afghanistan, I worked in Iraq, with KBR, for one year. My position is AO plumbing superintendent for Task Force Bayonet. I oversee the Plumbing Operations on 6 FOB’s in the AO. Required to travel to each FOB. – more... We currently experience IDF activity daily. The most challenging aspect of this job is working with many different nationality's, which creates communication issues. – less
FLUOR/FGG/Afghanistan/FOB Shank
Pros: learning different cultures and behaviors of the employees.
Cons: materials are extremely hard to aquire.
Fluor was a great place to work. They have a very progressive culture and value system.
Senior Project Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2013
I would work for Fluor again anytime. Fluor has the most impressive knowledgeable people in the EPCM industry. Their processes and procedures are very precise. The people I worked with were helpful, warm and easy to work with. Management on all levels were approachable and willing to listen. Good place to work.
Good benefits and opportunities for advancement
Leaching Team Lead - Mechanical Completions (Current Employee), Long Harbor, NLFebruary 8, 2013
Management is very open to providing opportunities needed for personal development and advancement. A very global company with vast resources (technical and otherwise).

About Fluor Corp.

From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. – Read more