Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

This company was very enjoyable place to work, it felt like your family.
Principle Senior Procurement Specialist/Expediting (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2017
This company provided me with a multitude of teaching and learning opportunities during my working at Fluor. The environment was very productive and enjoyable to work in. The greatest learning tools that were provided was the travel to fabrication shops during fabrication of engineered equipment and to work in other Fluor offices in North Americal.
I also learned through close working relationships with engineering, the abilities to read and understand engineering drawings and P&ID's.
Pros
It was a positive work environment and Fluor was very supportive
Cons
The occational heavy work loads.
A good company to work for
Document and Data Management Tech III (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2017
I found that Fluor was a good company to work for. I enjoyed my time with them. I learned a lot and found the people easy to get along with and always willing to share their knowledge. Making for a positive environment to work at.
Pros
a good group of people to work with mostly
Cons
one bad apple can spoil things and I found that to be true here unfortunately.
they have their own GYM
Principal Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2017
Day to day work is encouraging. The workplace culture is good with good relationship to co workers. We learned different software for drawings production like 2D and 3D CADD. I enjoy doing modeling of the plant using SP3D modeling software.
good company
Senior Civil / Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2017
pays good compare to other Canadian engineering firm.
lots of overtime when schedule is busy.
located at amazing downtown Vancouver, which i like the most.
Fluor Canada - Every other Friday off :)
Principal Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
Flour was also a great company to work for. Very fair. Training was a great program. People were great and educated. Working 9 hours a day gave us the opportunity to take every other Friday off.
Pros
Every other Friday off
Cons
Management was old and a bit confused at times
Professional and great people!
QA inspector (Current Employee) –  Redwater, AB9 April 2017
Fantastic people to work with. Everyone assists you to succeed. You are recognized for the work you do. Management talks straight to you and doesn't make false promises.
Pros
Recognition
Cons
Cut wages once you've been hired
Excellent employment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alberta8 April 2017
Fluor is a excellent company and provides many opportunities to people to go anywhere in the world to work. Fluor has provided me many opportunities and i really enjoy working for them.
Pros
Excellent company all aorund
Cons
lack of work in industry
good people work here
Principal Project Information Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 April 2017
Many intelligent hard working people

Culturally diverse which is great

Large divide between staff and management

Project teams when cooperating can be very enjoyable
Pros
very talented people
Cons
no room for advancement
Went to work stressed everyday
Supervisor - Ironworkers (Current Employee) –  Alberta29 March 2017
Ironworkers supervisors were unorganized, had to walk on glass all the times as the supervisors were predatory. There were no tools to work with ,we had to borrow from each other to get things done. Site lunch rooms were over crouded, no place to store personal tools safely
Pros
no pros
Cons
all cons
I have learned a lot of technics of piping designing
Piping Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 March 2017
When I was with this company all my co-employees, supervisors are very helpful. I have learned a lot of design technics experience regarding Piping Designing with the help of 3D software tools that I was trained.
I like this company
Principal Specialist, Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 March 2017
Fluor is a good company who provide a very good benefit to employee and an excellent services to clients. If I have an opportunity to go back to Fluor when the economic is getting better, I would love to be back again.

Fluor Management Team recognizes my good performance. I can understand company's situation when I was laid off.
Offices and facilties are great like gym and cafeteria and the company has very good benefits.
Architectural Design Specialist. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
Fluor is a great company to work with and offers a lot of opportunities to grow professionally. Project management encourage employer to participate and contribute during the project's development.
Pros
Building team events are great.
Great place to work for folks moving to Canada
Construction Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 March 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job, culture diversity at different work locations. Lots of fun work. The company is very project focused and driven to get results.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Project based work
Amazing work experience
Engineering specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2017
Amazing work experience. Fluor has great professionals and procedures in place. One of the most amazing experience ever, cause Fluor preached that they will support me, at the end, it was only money what motivates them, I was just a number on their payroll, not surprised right!!! yeah. Did not receive the support they offered me, no one to talk, discuss or lead me in the right direction, also not to mention the tricky dismissal notice...
Pros
knowledge, reputation, procedures
Cons
support, leadership, integrity
Fun work environment
Construction Administrator (Current Employee) –  Redwater, AB13 March 2017
I have learnt a lot with Fluor on this current project as it is my first plant construction job. I love the experience and the people!
The hardest part of the job is the bussing to and from site, as we are up at 415 AM and not home till 6PM, which makes for extra long days.
Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
Opportunities provided when willing to become engaged. Large scale projects and good teams to work with. Ability to expand knowledge base easily using online and mentoring.
Good Workplace personell
QA functions (Former Employee) –  Ft MacMurray27 February 2017
Good people to work with. Good Management. Prompt Pay.
Good holidays
Fair wage.
Easy going.
Good locations. Well spoken. Easily understood. Great Helpers.
They look after their personnel and contractors.
Great projects.
Fun people.
Productive & fun workplace; good people to work with
Principal Design Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 February 2017
The company acknowledges dedicated employees by handing out special bonuses and certificates of appreciation of which I have been a recipient on several occasions where I was asked on a short notice to fly out to the project site to resolve construction issues.
Pros
Lunch & Learn sessions conducted on a regular basis
Had a really good boss
Workface Planner/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 February 2017
A typical work day in the office is busy. The management was good at times but other times it was unorganized and chaotic. The reason it was chaotic was because they changed their schedule every day. So it was hard to plan around the schedule.
Over all the office culture was great.
Pros
Had a great boss
Cons
Chaotic at times
excellent comapny
Sr. Construction Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
Fluor is an excellent company. Well run with a good depth of technical strength and execution expertise. Compensation and benefits fair and in line with industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2