Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work!
Irving Oil Student Program (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 16, 2013
I had a great time working with Fluor, met lots of great people. Great environment!
Good Place to Work
Project Buyer, Expeditor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 8, 2013
Very professional work place, If you stay with this company for at least 3 years, you will learn a lot.
Very Professional colleagues, mangers, and famous clients in Mining and OIL&GAS.
Different place to work, mind you in Afghanistan
Carpenter journieman (Former Employee), Afghanistan - Bagram - SharanaAugust 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Replacing or rebuilding around the FOB. Every day learning on different culture , people , jobs. Good management bottom to top.Very good and different from all around the world. The i-------s. Going to R & R every 3 months.
Structured working environment, encourage learning
Plant Designer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 28, 2013
Pros: large company, everything you can think of has been taken care of. company culture encourages learning
Cons: little sense of control, poor job security, sometime directionless, layoff can be brutal and dumbfounded
Great place to learn and enhance knowledge
Structured and organized, engineering-like large firm
Treat new employee with "free" on-job training
Free to form "small groups"
Progressive company which provides many opportunities for emerging Engineers
Event Administrator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 10, 2013
Pros: 9 day fortnights
Cons: engineers
Progressive company which provides many opportunities for emerging Engineers
PDDM Department is all about Politics
Current Employee at Fluor PDDM (Current Employee), Fort McMurray and Calgary AlbertaJune 4, 2013
Pros: average pay, courses, opportunities
Cons: management making wrongful decisions, does not value people, will use you to close project for them then lay you off without valid reasons, relationships between management and co-workers are very common which is again politics.
The company itself is a very good company but the people running the PDDM Management Team is all about politics. They will manage the department from home offices leaving the folks at different site areas on their own. Once you close a project for them, they will cut you lose and forget about all the hard work.

If only PDDM Department does not have – more... politics, Fluor will definitely be a good place to work. – less
Convenient workplace from Home
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 21, 2013
Fluor is known for their quality workmanship in all engg , procurement & construction.
FLUOR/FGG/Afghanistan/FOB Shank
Plumbing Superintendent (Current Employee), FOB Shank, Logar Province, AfghanistanMarch 8, 2013
Pros: learning different cultures and behaviors of the employees.
Cons: materials are extremely hard to aquire.
I am currently working for Fluor, in Logar, Afghanistan on FOB Shank. I have been working on this FOB for over three and a half years. Before Afghanistan, I worked in Iraq, with KBR, for one year. My position is AO plumbing superintendent for Task Force Bayonet. I oversee the Plumbing Operations on 6 FOB’s in the AO. Required to travel to each FOB. – more... We currently experience IDF activity daily. The most challenging aspect of this job is working with many different nationality's, which creates communication issues. – less
FLUOR/FGG/Afghanistan/FOB Shank
Pros: learning different cultures and behaviors of the employees.
Cons: materials are extremely hard to aquire.
Fluor was a great place to work. They have a very progressive culture and value system.
Senior Project Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2013
I would work for Fluor again anytime. Fluor has the most impressive knowledgeable people in the EPCM industry. Their processes and procedures are very precise. The people I worked with were helpful, warm and easy to work with. Management on all levels were approachable and willing to listen. Good place to work.
Good benefits and opportunities for advancement
Leaching Team Lead - Mechanical Completions (Current Employee), Long Harbor, NLFebruary 8, 2013
Management is very open to providing opportunities needed for personal development and advancement. A very global company with vast resources (technical and otherwise).
Very productive days, great co-workers and environment..
Material Management, Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Long Harbour, NLSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: my co-workers and the other workers in my building!! they are amazing
Cons: it a long and long hours. you have to be well rested to function properly..
I start work at 7:00 am till 5:30 pm.. I have very productive days and have lots or work to do.. My team in Logistics is amazing and I have learned alot.. The most frusterating part of my job is when the trucking doesnt come thru with what was organized for pick ups... There are usually dilemas and upsets.. I love the accounting aspect of my job as – more... well.. I work closely with the Client in Accounts payable..

I love my job, and love the contacts I have made in the trucking industry.. We work hard together as a team with all the carriers and with my department. Together we can make it happen!! And we will build this site!! – less
Dynamic and challenging
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee), fort mcmurrayJuly 24, 2012
Pros: interaction with others
Cons: bureaucracy
Excellent career development potential with ample opportunity to learn new skills
productive assignment
Heavy Truck Driver (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: all things were wonderful
Cons: it was only temporary
Workinf for KBR was great. I traveled, worked, and enjoyed what i did. Unfortunately is was a contrat job only.
E&C company working on Engineering job US and overseas.
consultant. (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good place to work. staff is very friendly.
Cons: none very specific.
Good place to work. People are very friendly and helping. Typical day work is 8 hrs. Typical E&C company. One may feel age discrimination.
n/a
Senior Warehouseman (Former Employee), AfghanistanSeptember 10, 2014
Tell us about:
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
It was a good place to learn new things and meet a wide diversity of people.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: networking
I had multiple jobs at this company so from project to project my days were different. I worked at jobsites and in the office. The project jobsites were my favorite places to work. It felt like family when you were at a site.
I learned all aspects of a job from how they were won to how we closed them out. I worked with clients and all management levels – more... in Fluor. – less
Oversea is diffrent you meet people all over the world
Class I Warehouseman Afghanistan (Former Employee), AfghanistanSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: you eat free and it like being at home.
Cons: its really hot over there
To understand some one that did not speak your language. that was the hard part but you get use to it and go on. At the need it all fall in place and the work get done. Its different but I really enjoy working with the people over there I learn a lot.
working with people at all levels
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee), BagramSeptember 7, 2014
Worked with people at all levels, civilian and military, and effectively motivates team members to attain professional goals and objectives. Possesed hands on experience with requisitions, receipts, inspecting, accounting, storing, preservation, and issue of supplies, Extensive knowledge in inventory, stockage control, security, and distribution, Computer – more... literate in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, Regarded as a leader who manages quickly in fast-paced environments. – less
fun work place
Utility Worker/ boilermaker helper (Former Employee), Freeport, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: low pay miles
had fun working here good people to work with and good delivery money

About Fluor Corp.

From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. – Read more