Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Structured working environment, encourage learning
Plant Designer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 28, 2013
Pros: large company, everything you can think of has been taken care of. company culture encourages learning
Cons: little sense of control, poor job security, sometime directionless, layoff can be brutal and dumbfounded
Great place to learn and enhance knowledge
Structured and organized, engineering-like large firm
Treat new employee with "free" on-job training
Free to form "small groups"
Progressive company which provides many opportunities for emerging Engineers
Event Administrator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 10, 2013
Pros: 9 day fortnights
Cons: engineers
Progressive company which provides many opportunities for emerging Engineers
PDDM Department is all about Politics
Current Employee at Fluor PDDM (Current Employee), Fort McMurray and Calgary AlbertaJune 4, 2013
Pros: average pay, courses, opportunities
Cons: management making wrongful decisions, does not value people, will use you to close project for them then lay you off without valid reasons, relationships between management and co-workers are very common which is again politics.
The company itself is a very good company but the people running the PDDM Management Team is all about politics. They will manage the department from home offices leaving the folks at different site areas on their own. Once you close a project for them, they will cut you lose and forget about all the hard work.

If only PDDM Department does not have – more... politics, Fluor will definitely be a good place to work. – less
Convenient workplace from Home
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 21, 2013
Fluor is known for their quality workmanship in all engg , procurement & construction.
Fluor was a great place to work. They have a very progressive culture and value system.
Senior Project Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2013
I would work for Fluor again anytime. Fluor has the most impressive knowledgeable people in the EPCM industry. Their processes and procedures are very precise. The people I worked with were helpful, warm and easy to work with. Management on all levels were approachable and willing to listen. Good place to work.
Good benefits and opportunities for advancement
Leaching Team Lead - Mechanical Completions (Current Employee), Long Harbor, NLFebruary 8, 2013
Management is very open to providing opportunities needed for personal development and advancement. A very global company with vast resources (technical and otherwise).
Very productive days, great co-workers and environment..
Material Management, Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Long Harbour, NLSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: my co-workers and the other workers in my building!! they are amazing
Cons: it a long and long hours. you have to be well rested to function properly..
I start work at 7:00 am till 5:30 pm.. I have very productive days and have lots or work to do.. My team in Logistics is amazing and I have learned alot.. The most frusterating part of my job is when the trucking doesnt come thru with what was organized for pick ups... There are usually dilemas and upsets.. I love the accounting aspect of my job as – more... well.. I work closely with the Client in Accounts payable..

I love my job, and love the contacts I have made in the trucking industry.. We work hard together as a team with all the carriers and with my department. Together we can make it happen!! And we will build this site!! – less
Dynamic and challenging
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee), fort mcmurrayJuly 24, 2012
Pros: interaction with others
Cons: bureaucracy
Excellent career development potential with ample opportunity to learn new skills
Very good work place !
HVAC Journeyman (Former Employee), Kabul AfghanistanAugust 24, 2014
•a typical day at work ' running work orders and doing preventative maintenance on mini split HVAC systems.

•what you learned ' how to work on a deferent stile of mini split units.

•management ' what can I say it was great always there for any problems that came up and always willing to do what ever it took to get the job done .

•your co-workers – more... ' were great always helpful .

The hardest part of the job ' having to leave it .

•the most enjoyable part of the job ' knowing that I was helping the US Armed Forces – less
Great company to work for
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee), dallas/fort worth txAugust 19, 2014
good working conditions, good management, good policies and procedures, good work life balance
Productive and Team Oriented Environment
Accounting Tech level 2 (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 18, 2014
Many various learning opportunities. Project management through Fluor Government Group's strategies and SOP's, that comply with the United States Government SOP's for Government related construction projects.
Great supervisors,work mates,team culture.great pay
Mechanical Trades Assistant (Current Employee), Roma, QLDAugust 15, 2014
Pros: love the camp life
Cons: bit home sick but not too bad
First time in the oil &gas industry &I will definitely will be actively looking to continue in this role.Great bunch of blokes to work with as well as management.No pressure on anyone to work flat out ,just complete work in a safe & efficient manner.The 21/7 roster is perfect for my situation.p.s & Im well paid. I sound like a happy worker don't I.
I was so product if at this job
Logistic specialist- on Materials Department (Former Employee), AfghanistanAugust 15, 2014
Pros: nice lunche
Cons: lounge houres
I like my job and I will worked with pleasure at my office.
All my best for my company
Confusing and not well managed
Senior Piping Designer PDS (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free parking, 9/80 work schedule, close to home
Cons: n/a
Several projects were cancelled. My PDS access rights were received only one day before layoff notice. I was able to model only 3 control set /meter run combinations due to the pipe spec's not being loaded into the project(1.5 hrs. of PDS) Therefore I spent the last 4 days back checking PID's / Line List and Tie-In List.
Currently working as a contractor for IBM through Fluor
Move Coordinator (Current Employee), Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 13, 2014
Overall Fluor seems like a great company to work for. I haven't heard any complaints from anyone, and they do a great job of recognizing employees for their efforts, achievements, and hard work. I've only been with them for a month now.
Challenging work experience.
Transportation Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), AfghanistanAugust 6, 2014
Develop planning for logistical operations and provide support in tracking supplies and materials.
Responsible for the coordination of transportation functions, maintenance, and client services.
Plan, execute, and monitor logistic activities for various Transportation sections.
Maintain accurate records of Customer Orders, back orders, consignment inventory, – more... import shipments and delivery details – less
Very intersting company to work for
Project Billing Analyst I (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: working around the world
Cons: working round the world could mean in a war zone
Fluor is a very diverse employer to work for. There are opportunities all over the world with this company. I really enjoy working there and the chance that it offers people to travel around the world to broaden their knowledge.
CIVIL AND STRUCTURAL DESIGNER
Designer Civil & Structural (Current Employee), GURGOANAugust 1, 2014
Working environment good
Team work
Sharing knowledge
New tool learning
IBM is a great place to work for Flour.
Senior Construction Coordinator (Former Employee), Essex Jct, VTJuly 28, 2014
I worked for Fluor but actually was a vender for IBM as a Senior Construction Coordinator overseeing IBM'S Construction Manager.
I worked with IBM's Construction Manager to see that projects where done on schedule and, safely, and I provided coordination with IBM'S everyday activity's. My IBM coworkers where great to work with.
The hardest part of the – more... job was to schedule work activities with the on going Fabs to schedule work to be completed.
The best part was to see projects completed successfully on schedule and safely because of all the coordination that had to take place. – less
Professional
Principal Material Management Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: job security
Plans and executes material control, procurement, logistics, inspection activities associated with commodities or engineered equipment, systems, or materials in support of project operations for LNG systems in Qatar. Procures engineered equipment and materials in accordance with the materials management plan. Evaluates selects and routes material shipments – more... in accordance with procedures. Provides general and directional supervision to material management specialist and technician-level employees. Works with project management in developing expediting status reports and coordinating activities with assigned group of expeditors. – less

About Fluor Corp.

From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. – Read more