Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Temporary Construction Employment
On site Construction Warehouse/Yard Superintendent (Former Employee) –  NWR Refinery8 May 2017
Receiving, storage and issuing construction materials. I learned that Fluor was not in the construction portion of the industry for about 10 years and was getting back into it.
The warehouse manger was very knowledgable and supportive.
The hardest part was the lack of support from the construction side of the project.
I enjoyed meeting and working with all the new people.
Pros
local, in town
Cons
long daily commute
Human resources should hire different people to run human resources
Electrical Apprentice Industrial setting (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB2 May 2017
What's the big news, weak economy, and job security gives power to employers over employees. They counted hours accurate and payed on time I have to give em that.
Fast paced design procurement and construction company, you will be constantly learning
Lead Control System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
Utilizes a strong matrix management system, emphasizing and providing strong guidance in meeting the company vision. Overall it is a good company to work for.
Pros
Health benefits and retirement packages are good.
great experiences
Area Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  B.C22 April 2017
. meeting with client a great experience on perspective what they want.
. management team were quit diverse in different fields of construction.
. hardest part of the project was dealing adverse winter conditions.
. completing the turn over packages was the most enjoyable of the project.
Pros
great camp and location
Cons
not enough hours of work
Great company
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2017
Great company with a huge reputation in the industrial, oil and gas sectors. Workplace culture of supporting one other and giving the maximum effort to deliver projects within budget in a timely manner.
Hardest part of the job was the lack of trust from certain managers to assign some work to junior engineers even though they are more than capable to handle the work load and perform the tasks to the utmost of professionalism.
great company
Maintenance Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 April 2017
great company awesome safety culture, no job is too important that it cant be done safely, great crew money was pretty good excellent shift lots of tools
This company was very enjoyable place to work, it felt like your family.
Principle Senior Procurement Specialist/Expediting (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2017
This company provided me with a multitude of teaching and learning opportunities during my working at Fluor. The environment was very productive and enjoyable to work in. The greatest learning tools that were provided was the travel to fabrication shops during fabrication of engineered equipment and to work in other Fluor offices in North Americal.
I also learned through close working relationships with engineering, the abilities to read and understand engineering drawings and P&ID's.
Pros
It was a positive work environment and Fluor was very supportive
Cons
The occational heavy work loads.
A good company to work for
Document and Data Management Tech III (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2017
I found that Fluor was a good company to work for. I enjoyed my time with them. I learned a lot and found the people easy to get along with and always willing to share their knowledge. Making for a positive environment to work at.
Pros
a good group of people to work with mostly
Cons
one bad apple can spoil things and I found that to be true here unfortunately.
they have their own GYM
Principal Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2017
Day to day work is encouraging. The workplace culture is good with good relationship to co workers. We learned different software for drawings production like 2D and 3D CADD. I enjoy doing modeling of the plant using SP3D modeling software.
good company
Senior Civil / Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2017
pays good compare to other Canadian engineering firm.
lots of overtime when schedule is busy.
located at amazing downtown Vancouver, which i like the most.
Fluor Canada - Every other Friday off :)
Principal Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
Flour was also a great company to work for. Very fair. Training was a great program. People were great and educated. Working 9 hours a day gave us the opportunity to take every other Friday off.
Pros
Every other Friday off
Cons
Management was old and a bit confused at times
Professional and great people!
QA inspector (Current Employee) –  Redwater, AB9 April 2017
Fantastic people to work with. Everyone assists you to succeed. You are recognized for the work you do. Management talks straight to you and doesn't make false promises.
Pros
Recognition
Cons
Cut wages once you've been hired
Excellent employment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alberta8 April 2017
Fluor is a excellent company and provides many opportunities to people to go anywhere in the world to work. Fluor has provided me many opportunities and i really enjoy working for them.
Pros
Excellent company all aorund
Cons
lack of work in industry
good people work here
Principal Project Information Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 April 2017
Many intelligent hard working people

Culturally diverse which is great

Large divide between staff and management

Project teams when cooperating can be very enjoyable
Pros
very talented people
Cons
no room for advancement
Went to work stressed everyday
Supervisor - Ironworkers (Current Employee) –  Alberta29 March 2017
Ironworkers supervisors were unorganized, had to walk on glass all the times as the supervisors were predatory. There were no tools to work with ,we had to borrow from each other to get things done. Site lunch rooms were over crouded, no place to store personal tools safely
Pros
no pros
Cons
all cons
I have learned a lot of technics of piping designing
Piping Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 March 2017
When I was with this company all my co-employees, supervisors are very helpful. I have learned a lot of design technics experience regarding Piping Designing with the help of 3D software tools that I was trained.
I like this company
Principal Specialist, Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 March 2017
Fluor is a good company who provide a very good benefit to employee and an excellent services to clients. If I have an opportunity to go back to Fluor when the economic is getting better, I would love to be back again.

Fluor Management Team recognizes my good performance. I can understand company's situation when I was laid off.
Offices and facilties are great like gym and cafeteria and the company has very good benefits.
Architectural Design Specialist. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
Fluor is a great company to work with and offers a lot of opportunities to grow professionally. Project management encourage employer to participate and contribute during the project's development.
Pros
Building team events are great.
Great place to work for folks moving to Canada
Construction Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 March 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job, culture diversity at different work locations. Lots of fun work. The company is very project focused and driven to get results.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Project based work
Amazing work experience
Engineering specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2017
Amazing work experience. Fluor has great professionals and procedures in place. One of the most amazing experience ever, cause Fluor preached that they will support me, at the end, it was only money what motivates them, I was just a number on their payroll, not surprised right!!! yeah. Did not receive the support they offered me, no one to talk, discuss or lead me in the right direction, also not to mention the tricky dismissal notice...
Pros
knowledge, reputation, procedures
Cons
support, leadership, integrity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2