Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive , working in diverse environment
Safety Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mongolia, ONNovember 14, 2015
My day used to start around 7am and finished at 6pm arranging HSE trainings for employees. Making schedule for all employees and working with trainers and attending for weekly meetings and making weekly and monthly reports and archiving the training information . I've learnt how to deal with working long hours . I enjoyed working with my co-workers. There was nothing hard part of my job . I really loved working there . the most enjoyable part was working with foreigners and making a good environment for both coworkers and employees .
Pros
my most faviroute job and coworkers
Cons
nothing
Enjoyable to work with co-workers
Civil/Structural/Architectural PRINCIPAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 7, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive colleagues. I enjoyed most of my time dealing with different personalities, nationalities and culture. Normally, in a big company like this with multi-national employees, of course, there are some politics played around involving my peers but they are all easy to get along with, just don't mind them and just concentrate on your task so you will not be affected. Just focus on your job and you will not notice or feel the politics.
Pros
Free Lunches during special events, like Christmas etc., close to my house.
Cons
politics
Fantastic Employer
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaNovember 7, 2015
Working for Fluor was a wonderful experience.

The employer offers all employees excellent health and dental benefits while providing fitness,ergonomic and safety programs to ensure good health for everyone.
Pros
Health conscious cafeteria, fitness and ergonomic programs
Cons
Communication could be stronger
Fluor Way
Project Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
There is a word called the Fluor way which is a guideline on how to run a project. I does not let you circumvent or explore different ways of managing a project.
Pros
Fluor Success
Cons
To much politics.
Great company to work with they showed such well being for everyone on site.
Safety Supervisor Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 15, 2015
I would work for Fluor Energy again in an instant, they have such a high standard for a safety culture which is such a great thing to see and work with, especially with so many contractors and subcontractors and different standards and policies that each has.
Pros
Such an enthusiastic project to work on with everyone striving for the same safety success
Great Company
Procurement Technician/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB. CanadOctober 14, 2015
I would love the opportunity to work with Fluor again. Found Management supportive; Your are not overworked ...although there are tight schedules, particularly on a Project. Fluor trys to keep a work/life balance; in that, they have a gym on site and walking groups: also the Health and Benefits scheme is excellent due mostly to its flexibility. The attitude at Fluor is provide a great service to their Clients; thus it gives the employee a positive swing towards our Clients.
Pros
Great managerial skills overall
Great placed to work,
Supervisor Materilas Management - Senior Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
Work weeks are 36 and 44 hours with every second Friday off
Very diversified co-workers from many countries
Project challenges created opportunities to use different techniques to ensure success
Productive and engaging work environment.
Technical Translator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 30, 2015
I liked the challenging yet friendly atmosphere at Fluor, and really enjoyed learning from my colleagues. Great team and having a gym at the office is definitely a plus!
Its a good place where you can learn a lot
Document Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 23, 2015
If you know your work well then you can make wonders here. Depends what project you are doing and what kind of team you have, generally people are helpful and understanding but I wish Management could have been better.
Pros
Was close to my place
Cons
As a Junior I was constantly talked down to and made to feel useless
Junior Piping Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2015
I spent 2 years with Fluor Calgary feeling uncomfortable and mistreated. As an inexperienced junior I was led to believe I would become a designer, received the training for the software and was never allowed to use it. I was told not to bother the designers with my questions and year later after my training I was thrown into a busy project and was told I wasn't performing and was even questioned whether I ever attended school.

I was then told that if I performed badly I would get a bad reputation in the industry and would never find another job. I was given 2 weeks to turn things around, during which time I was given other projects to do, never getting around to improving and nothing was ever explained.

I spent the next 5 months getting scraps of work which hardly filled my day. I was told by one of the other managers I was set up to fail. I
was also told that unless you're female or a foreigner you'll take twice as long to get anywhere.

I left shortly thereafter...worst experience of my life.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Everything else
Enjoyed every minute
Piping Superintendent / Turnover Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, Ft McMurray, N Jersey, SarniaAugust 23, 2015
Worked on several projects across Canada and the USA with this company. Construction Managers were well suited for their positions.

Irving Oil project had Superintendents from the west of Canada who tended to treat Eastcoaster with disrespect , as a result got less work out of their charges.

I had a great re pore with 300+ of the trades I was responsible for
Very safe company to work for.
Fluor Driver (Current Employee) –  Kearl By Fort McMurray in Alberta CanadaAugust 15, 2015
A company who believes in its safety culture and will walk the walk so to speak. Committed to excellence in their professional execution of their maintenance schedule keeping an eye on quality and efficiency while maintaining the clients work culture and ethics.
Pros
11 and 9 rotation
It is a very good company to work for. expectation is very high of you.
Principal Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 6, 2015
It is a very good company to work for. expectation is very high of you..

It has flexible hours. People are very good and helpful.
Great Experience
Small Appliance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bagram, AfghanistanJuly 17, 2015
Learned a lot about appliances
Worked with people from other cultures races etc
Sleeping in tents
Working enviroment not for everyone,but you get used to it
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, ABJuly 7, 2015
Working at Fluor Driver was one of the best experiences of my life. The people you work with become your family, and everyone looks out for one another. I enjoyed going to work every day, and the 10/10 rotation left lots of room for life outside of work.
Great team to work with.
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
This was a great job, unfortunately the Client cancelled the requirement and the team had to be closed down. Otherwise very enjoyable.

I would work for Fluor again at any time.
Good work atmosphere, good work, good location
Associate Control Systems Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 2, 2015
Very productive teams and dedicated employees
Fluor was a pleasure to work for.

Vast amount of senior employees who are loaded with experience and knowledge and are very willing to help.

Sadly, managements put employees at the very bottom of their priorities as profits, clients and just about everything is more important. I understand the reality of this tough market, but it is still somewhat disappointing to see Fluor go down that road (much more so than other companies).
Pros
Great team members who are helpful, knowledgeable and welcoming
Cons
Little training and development opportunities, deceitful managment
Productive and busy with a good team.
Project Support Tech III (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2015
Enjoyed working with Fluor. I enjoyed my team members and the work ethics. The project was put on hold. Enjoyed the position and guidance in learning.
Review
Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 30, 2015
Great Company, great people and great culture. A place to work and call home. I will recommend this company a million more times
Professional and thorough work
Senior Estimator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 28, 2015
Professional and thorough work.
Work was well laid out.
Easy going work environment.
Employees were friendly .
Supervision was helpful to the work effort.

4.2