Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

I have learned a lot of technics of piping designing
Piping Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 March 2017
When I was with this company all my co-employees, supervisors are very helpful. I have learned a lot of design technics experience regarding Piping Designing with the help of 3D software tools that I was trained.
I like this company
Principal Specialist, Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 March 2017
Fluor is a good company who provide a very good benefit to employee and an excellent services to clients. If I have an opportunity to go back to Fluor when the economic is getting better, I would love to be back again.

Fluor Management Team recognizes my good performance. I can understand company's situation when I was laid off.
Offices and facilties are great like gym and cafeteria and the company has very good benefits.
Architectural Design Specialist. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
Fluor is a great company to work with and offers a lot of opportunities to grow professionally. Project management encourage employer to participate and contribute during the project's development.
Pros
Building team events are great.
Great place to work for folks moving to Canada
Construction Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 March 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job, culture diversity at different work locations. Lots of fun work. The company is very project focused and driven to get results.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Project based work
Amazing work experience
Engineering specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2017
Amazing work experience. Fluor has great professionals and procedures in place. One of the most amazing experience ever, cause Fluor preached that they will support me, at the end, it was only money what motivates them, I was just a number on their payroll, not surprised right!!! yeah. Did not receive the support they offered me, no one to talk, discuss or lead me in the right direction, also not to mention the tricky dismissal notice...
Pros
knowledge, reputation, procedures
Cons
support, leadership, integrity
Fun work environment
Construction Administrator (Current Employee) –  Redwater, AB13 March 2017
I have learnt a lot with Fluor on this current project as it is my first plant construction job. I love the experience and the people!
The hardest part of the job is the bussing to and from site, as we are up at 415 AM and not home till 6PM, which makes for extra long days.
Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
Opportunities provided when willing to become engaged. Large scale projects and good teams to work with. Ability to expand knowledge base easily using online and mentoring.
Good Workplace personell
QA functions (Former Employee) –  Ft MacMurray27 February 2017
Good people to work with. Good Management. Prompt Pay.
Good holidays
Fair wage.
Easy going.
Good locations. Well spoken. Easily understood. Great Helpers.
They look after their personnel and contractors.
Great projects.
Fun people.
Productive & fun workplace; good people to work with
Principal Design Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 February 2017
The company acknowledges dedicated employees by handing out special bonuses and certificates of appreciation of which I have been a recipient on several occasions where I was asked on a short notice to fly out to the project site to resolve construction issues.
Pros
Lunch & Learn sessions conducted on a regular basis
Had a really good boss
Workface Planner/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 February 2017
A typical work day in the office is busy. The management was good at times but other times it was unorganized and chaotic. The reason it was chaotic was because they changed their schedule every day. So it was hard to plan around the schedule.
Over all the office culture was great.
Pros
Had a great boss
Cons
Chaotic at times
excellent comapny
Sr. Construction Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
Fluor is an excellent company. Well run with a good depth of technical strength and execution expertise. Compensation and benefits fair and in line with industry.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2017
I was there for only a short time but I loved working at Fluor. I learned a lot and met many amazing people. I received encouragement after dealing with difficult situations.
Fluor Canada is a great place to work.
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2017
Fluor Canada is a great place to work. The management team is helpful. If you work hard and remember to network your time can be very pleasant.
was a good place to work
FLUOR DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 January 2017
Good company, terrific commitment to safety. Worked a 10-10 rotation so plenty of time for leisure activities. Employees work together as a team.
Another great job with the building trades.
HSE Technician (Current Employee) –  Redwater, AB17 January 2017
A great company to work with. This is my 4th job with Fluor, still one of favorite companies to work for. With Fluor you know you will be working with strong Management who cares for their employees.
Fluor has a strong safety culture, and is committed to incorporating that culture with its practices and policies.
Pros
Busses to site.
Cons
12 hour days.
Great Company Overall
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 January 2017
Steady going

always be alert

they are pretty good

some are good and some are not people friendly

is at the start up of the day

is the end of the day
Pros
great pay
Cons
lack of work
Great team to work with, project management at Fluor is fabulous
Sr. Manager MM (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2017
Enjoyed working with Fluor team. The company has great continuous improvement programs for their employees. Work/life balance activities are wonderful. Great company to work.
Great place to work, allowing work/life balance & great pay
Senior PDDM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
Updating and/or creating procedures and job bulletins. Updating and/or creating Document Control Job Book per project. Hardest part of job is creating manhour estimates per phase of project with staffing plans. Most enjoyable part of the job, was working with great people.
Fluor Constructors
B Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB4 January 2017
Pros were good pay and hours of work. Cons lack of tools, managment issues, several people having issues with HR and pay roll, pay cheques not adding up correctly.
Productive, Respective, Clean enviroment
Instrument Technician & Electrician (Current Employee) –  NWR1 January 2017
After morning tool box talk, I will be assigned some task with work package(Document and drawings) . Then scope out the work and fill in STA card (hazardous assessment). Next , I will prepare tools, materials and instrument. Install the instrument according to the engineering spec. At the end of the day report the progress to my supervisor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2