Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work, great people and very respected
SENIOR CIVIL/STRUCTURAL DESIGNER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: Great respectful atmosphere, very professional, and really looks after all staff
I have worked for a number of Engineering firms in two continents, and I can confidently say, Fluor Calgary has been the most rewarding place to work. Its rather sad that I have to say goodbye, but I had to do leave previously in 08, when the economy slowed also. I cant recommend this company enough!
Productive , working in diverse environment
Safety Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Mongolia, ONNovember 14, 2015
Pros: my most faviroute job and coworkers
Cons: nothing
My day used to start around 7am and finished at 6pm arranging HSE trainings for employees. Making schedule for all employees and working with trainers and attending for weekly meetings and making weekly and monthly reports and archiving the training information . I've learnt how to deal with working long hours . I enjoyed working with my co-workers. There was nothing hard part of my job . I really loved working there . the most enjoyable part was working with foreigners and making a good environment for both coworkers and employees .
Enjoyable to work with co-workers
Civil/Structural/Architectural PRINCIPAL DESIGNER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 7, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches during special events, like Christmas etc., close to my house.
Cons: politics
Fun workplace with supportive colleagues. I enjoyed most of my time dealing with different personalities, nationalities and culture. Normally, in a big company like this with multi-national employees, of course, there are some politics played around involving my peers but they are all easy to get along with, just don't mind them and just concentrate on your task so you will not be affected. Just focus on your job and you will not notice or feel the politics.
Fluor Way
Project Control Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Fluor Success
Cons: To much politics.
There is a word called the Fluor way which is a guideline on how to run a project. I does not let you circumvent or explore different ways of managing a project.
Great Company
Procurement Technician/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, AB. CanadOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Great managerial skills overall
Cons: none
I would love the opportunity to work with Fluor again. Found Management supportive; Your are not overworked ...although there are tight schedules, particularly on a Project. Fluor trys to keep a work/life balance; in that, they have a gym on site and walking groups: also the Health and Benefits scheme is excellent due mostly to its flexibility. The attitude at Fluor is provide a great service to their Clients; thus it gives the employee a positive swing towards our Clients.
Great placed to work,
Supervisor Materilas Management - Senior Expeditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
Work weeks are 36 and 44 hours with every second Friday off
Very diversified co-workers from many countries
Project challenges created opportunities to use different techniques to ensure success
Productive and engaging work environment.
Technical Translator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 30, 2015
I liked the challenging yet friendly atmosphere at Fluor, and really enjoyed learning from my colleagues. Great team and having a gym at the office is definitely a plus!
As a Junior I was constantly talked down to and made to feel useless
Junior Piping Draftsperson (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: Everything else
I spent 2 years with Fluor Calgary feeling uncomfortable and mistreated. As an inexperienced junior I was led to believe I would become a designer, received the training for the software and was never allowed to use it. I was told not to bother the designers with my questions and year later after my training I was thrown into a busy project and was told I wasn't performing and was even questioned whether I ever attended school.

I was then told that if I performed badly I would get a bad reputation in the industry and would never find another job. I was given 2 weeks to turn things around, during which time I was given other projects to do, never getting around to improving and nothing was ever explained.

I spent the next 5 months getting scraps of work which hardly filled my day. I was told by one of the other managers I was set up to fail. I
was also told that unless you're female or a foreigner you'll take twice as long to get anywhere.

I left shortly thereafter...worst experience of my life.
Great Experience
Small Appliance Technician (Former Employee), Bagram, AfghanistanJuly 17, 2015
Learned a lot about appliances
Worked with people from other cultures races etc
Sleeping in tents
Working enviroment not for everyone,but you get used to it
Great team to work with.
Contracts Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
This was a great job, unfortunately the Client cancelled the requirement and the team had to be closed down. Otherwise very enjoyable.

I would work for Fluor again at any time.
Productive and busy with a good team.
Project Support Tech III (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 1, 2015
Enjoyed working with Fluor. I enjoyed my team members and the work ethics. The project was put on hold. Enjoyed the position and guidance in learning.
Review
Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 30, 2015
Great Company, great people and great culture. A place to work and call home. I will recommend this company a million more times
Fluor is very good place to work. I like it very much.
Piping Designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 10, 2015
Fluor is very good place to work. I like it very much. Fluor is a company of choice for employees. The best thing about Fluor is one fluor concept. We share the knowledge across the offices.
pretty good job
insulator foreman (Former Employee), long harbour nlMarch 31, 2015
Pros: safe job good wages
Cons: job was ended abruptly
I was the foreman for the insulators
I worked on the pipeline from tailings
had a good crew
was some miss communication between trades
good job over all
hard working place with good people.
In absence of the supervisor stepped (Current Employee), bagram, afghanistanMarch 26, 2015
we work twelve hrs a day and 7 days a week,we get time off when we put in for vacation,which is 21 days at a time.i supervise a kitchen that feed thousands of soliders a day.
It is very plesent work atmosphere
Senior Electrical Designer (Current Employee), CalgaryMarch 24, 2015
I worked 9 hours a day and alternater friday off. I learned a lot of things in Fluor. I got opprtunity to work as a field electrical engineer.
Manegment is very good and co-workes are friendly.
awesome place
Electrical and Instrumentation Superintendent (Current Employee), calgaryMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: no security
Good place to work loved it.the people where caring and everyone worked as a team.Made some good friends there.will miss it
Good place to work at
Project Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 1, 2015
Very procedure and policy oriented. Long days, good management, good place to work at, reasonable benefits. Has cafeteria and gym and many projects
productive and fun workplace
Electrical Designer/Draftsperson (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
get the chance to work with other disciplines. Be able to talk to the lead with regards to the projects we are doing.

Be able to experience working with different applications and software.
Excellent place to work
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: can't think of any
My experience has always been excellent. A group of people and individuals who actually care about doing the right thing and the best job.
I believe the firm's strengths go back to the beginning formation of the company and has remained intact through 100 years of existence.