Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work place
Apprentice Steam (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 10, 2014
Pros: free bbq
Cons: long hours
I learn alot of staff
my co woker are friendly
the hardest part is when it minus 20 and you still need to work
When we receiv a Gaz card
Professional and successful team to be associated with.
Mechanical/Piping Completions Coordinator (Former Employee), Syncrude AB. CanadaNovember 1, 2014
Everyone was a part of the team and willing to help each other at any time.
Great personal contact and interaction
MC Plus Data Base/ |IT (Former Employee), newfoundlandOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: long hours
The Leads/Management and Staff were wonderful, helpful and very understanding. Very one pulled together as a team
Great work environment and teamwork network
Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaOctober 22, 2014
Pros: opportunities for career advancement
Every day presented new challenges and opportunities to learn and enhance your personal professional skill set. Management was very approachable and interacted with the team as if just one of the team. Co workers were very diversified in their skills and all team members shared their experiences with each other.
This company realy was the best workplace that had been on.
Itermediate Piping Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at Fluor Corp, was always normal to have a some conversations with the co-worker, it was a workplace to learn new program as PDS, and the management was very well organize in the regular bases. The co-workers were so excellent always there were a smile to make it more enjoyable. There were no a hardest part of the job because the environment – more... was so perfect that it was so enjoyable. – less
Great Company
Field Contract manager (Former Employee), Freeport, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Great Company. Truly enjoyed my employment and all the skills learned from Fluor.
Excellent
Principal Design Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, CanadaSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: stable
Cons: overstuffed
Colleagues are cooperative and knowledgeable.
Satisfied in mentoring.
average management.
Near my residence.
local and flexible
Project Document Data Management (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2014
Overall good, the company allowed some flexibility around working hours, it was a great location.
basketball courts,mwr gym, internet rooms,etc etc.
employee HVAC-mechanic-Afghanistan (Former Employee), AfgninstanJune 12, 2014
12 h daily work,meet a lot of people different nations and cultures,enjoying in the mwr gym and make lot of friends,great team with me in daily duties helping each other and learning new things related to job,great time.
A big EPC company with rich project expereince
Instrumentation/Control Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 11, 2014
The most of enjoyable part of the job is you know what you should do and how to meet project schedule.

Job culture is good!
Adhers to company guidelines and processes ( budget, Procurement, Expenses, time skeeping)
Lead Cost Control (Former Employee), St johns , NewfoundlandMay 12, 2014
Pros: monthly safety milestones meeting and gift card lottery milestons
Cons: to meet deadlines
* Organize Project control functions and manages time and task effectively

* Apprlies Learning and development my previous experinces

* Work with Professtional Management on the job site to gin knowledge & techanical skills.

* Most enjoyable part site visitng to talk safety tool box.
Great people to work with
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Fort MacMurrayApril 1, 2014
Good place to work. People on the team were friendly and helpful. Everyone chipped in to make the project environment enjoyable.
A day at Long Harbor
Piping-Mechanical-Structural QA (Current Employee), Long Harbour, NLMarch 18, 2014
Pros: i work close to home
My day consists of hydro test package review for release before testing to ensure all documentation is correct, (NDE, specification and code requirements). Post review following reinstatement is also required.
-Audits of contractors documentation with regard to welding, torquing, testing.
-Construction surveillances
- Review turnover binders to the – more... client

I have learned a new role here. I have a quality control inspector and this is my first job as a QA advisor. – less
Opportunities for advancement
Construction Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2014
Lots of opportunities for advancement and great management staff that provide mentoring when needed.

Fluor senior management has vision and is taking all the right steps to be a world class leader in the EPC field. Lots of exciting opportunities in Construction org within Fluor.

Benefits are great but no bonuses. Great staff to work with and hard – more... work is recognized and valued. – less
same as before
Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 27, 2014
It is a pretty good company to work with. But job security is not very good because they only do mining industry
Typical day.
General Superintendent (Current Employee), Albian Sands, Fort McMurray AlbertaFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: excellent epcm company
Cons: inexperienced client construction team
Typical day involves attending daily contractor morning safety talk, then proceed into field and participate in FLRA plus review completed craft FLRA. I like to tour job site a minimum of twice per day to not only monitor safety but also to be involve in daily progress and keep on top of current and changing events. I have a hands on approach to managing – more... my contractors and promote an open professional atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of construction work is watching the fruit of your labor take shape in a safe productive manner. Perhaps the hardest part of my job is enforcing rules and regulations as this seems to be a never ending responsibility that requires a substantial effort. – less
Very busy ever changing work flow.
Camp and Travel Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: room to grow and move around.
Cons: very long hours.
A typical work day was always busy and went by in a flash. Management was fair and understanding.
Co-workers were all very nice and hard working.
Project Controls
Associate Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee), International officesJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: excellent opportunities to learn and grow
Cons: job security depends on market cycles
Managing budgets, schedules and reporting on project progress on a weekly or monthly basis
Fluor
Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: global company, good benefits
Cons: no loyalty to employees
- Work schedule is 9 hours Mon - Thu and 8 hours every other Friday. 80 hours per 2 weeks. 44 hours week one and 36 hours week two.

- I've learned a lot about SAP, procurement systems, and material management.

- In most offices, the corporate culture is good and encourages an atmosphere of knowledge sharing. In my most recent office, this culture – more... has not really been accepted and there is an unfortunate tendency to silo and not share or cross-train.

- In general, the job is not hard, and should not be. The work itself is enjoyable. However, when projects are not bid properly, they end up getting understaffed. For this office, buyers are trying to manage 3- 4 times the number of packages of their US counterparts and I was trying to support 4-5 times the number of buyers of my US counterparts. Because of low staffing levels, project execution suffers and errors are far more frequent than they need to be.

- I get a sense of accomplishment when I help end users solve problems, get their work done, and become more effective and efficient in their jobs. – less
A Professional Company
Lead Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: a good company
Performed successfully several projects developing, designing and constructing Electrical Power Systems for 220 kV, 138 kV, 69 kV, 34.5 kV, 4.16 kV and lower voltages. The power systems comprised of transmission line, substations, modular Electrical Rooms, SCADA, and EMS equipment.
Responsibilities include Preparing Technical Specifications of Equipment – more... and Systems for the Power Systems. Have several years experience of Maintenance, Construction, Design, Engineering and Development on International Projects
I am a Canadian Citizen and can work under NAFTA agreement in USA without any hastles. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Fluor Corp.

From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. – Read more