Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Company
Procurement Technician/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB. CanadOctober 14, 2015
I would love the opportunity to work with Fluor again. Found Management supportive; Your are not overworked ...although there are tight schedules, particularly on a Project. Fluor trys to keep a work/life balance; in that, they have a gym on site and walking groups: also the Health and Benefits scheme is excellent due mostly to its flexibility. The attitude at Fluor is provide a great service to their Clients; thus it gives the employee a positive swing towards our Clients.
Pros
Great managerial skills overall
Cons
Excellent place to gain dynamic experience
Business Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2016
The organization has amazing co-workers that just light up your day even when its gloomy. Project managers were excellent to work with; learned a lot of leadership skills from them. Overall, good place to work but downturn in the oil and gas industry took us all by surprise.
Pros
good compensation, perks, training
Cons
a great place to work and grow
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 1, 2016
Fluor Canada Ltd is a great place to work and grow, there is lots of opportunities and support in the company. Experts who are willing to share their experiences and support other team members. Fluor gave me the opportunity to change my career path to the area I am sure there will be more challenges and room to grow.
Great Work Procedures - For typical Postions
Interface Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 15, 2016
This position at Fluor was something new and different and therefore did not have a lot of guidance as to day to day activities. Most positions at Fluor have many work practices and procedures so it is easy to understand expectations.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance
Cons
Lack mentorship/guidance
Productive , working in diverse environment
Safety Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mongolia, ONNovember 14, 2015
My day used to start around 7am and finished at 6pm arranging HSE trainings for employees. Making schedule for all employees and working with trainers and attending for weekly meetings and making weekly and monthly reports and archiving the training information . I've learnt how to deal with working long hours . I enjoyed working with my co-workers. There was nothing hard part of my job . I really loved working there . the most enjoyable part was working with foreigners and making a good environment for both coworkers and employees .
Pros
my most faviroute job and coworkers
Cons
nothing
Friendly working environment with team players
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Team working/player
Friendly environment
great accommodating management
Great team players
Working midnight's at times
Taking responsibilities
Pros
Ample training
Cons
midnight work
Enjoyable to work with co-workers
Civil/Structural/Architectural PRINCIPAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 7, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive colleagues. I enjoyed most of my time dealing with different personalities, nationalities and culture. Normally, in a big company like this with multi-national employees, of course, there are some politics played around involving my peers but they are all easy to get along with, just don't mind them and just concentrate on your task so you will not be affected. Just focus on your job and you will not notice or feel the politics.
Pros
Free Lunches during special events, like Christmas etc., close to my house.
Cons
politics
Great Company! Tons of Career Opportunities
Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
Worked at Fluor for close to 8 years. Left for a new opportunity in a different part of the country (one where Fluor didn't have offices) due to a family situation.

The company has a very strong culture that encourages employees to get involved and develop their skills. Fluor was a great place to start out as a new graduate because of all the amazing support, mentorship, encouragement, community engagement, and career opportunities available. Management was very supportive and encouraging.

The people truly make the company. Fluor hires exceptional people who are committed to safety, integrity, work/life balance, and constant improvement. Fluor has a lot of policies, rules and procedures which are outstanding but at the same time the red tape could get in the way of getting things done in a timely manner.
Pros
Fridays Off, Education & Training Programs, Site Opportunities
Cons
Approval levels required for everything could be overkill and slowed things down
Its a good place where you can learn a lot
Document Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 23, 2015
If you know your work well then you can make wonders here. Depends what project you are doing and what kind of team you have, generally people are helpful and understanding but I wish Management could have been better.
Pros
Was close to my place
it has the camp life working 12 hours shift
Maintenance Planner (B shift Froth) (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 18, 2016
have to work 12 a day for straight 10 days.
i learned management skill
company has a very friendly work atmosphere
Management policy is safety first on every thing
very cooperative co workers
hardest part of the job on your turn of work you must have to show up weather is X Mass day.
Safety is the first thats the most enjoyable part of the work no need to put your self in any kind of risk
Pros
get free lunches and nice accommodation
Cons
yes its 12 hours work a day
Great company to work with they showed such well being for everyone on site.
Safety Supervisor Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 15, 2015
I would work for Fluor Energy again in an instant, they have such a high standard for a safety culture which is such a great thing to see and work with, especially with so many contractors and subcontractors and different standards and policies that each has.
Pros
Such an enthusiastic project to work on with everyone striving for the same safety success
Fantastic Employer
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaNovember 7, 2015
Working for Fluor was a wonderful experience.

The employer offers all employees excellent health and dental benefits while providing fitness,ergonomic and safety programs to ensure good health for everyone.
Pros
Health conscious cafeteria, fitness and ergonomic programs
Cons
Communication could be stronger
Productive and Fun workplace with good work environment
Senior Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 21, 2016
- With meetings and deadlines
- Learned how to do it right the first time in time with clients requirement
- The co-workers were sometimes fun to work with, sometimes having good discussions, in all was a good team work where everybody was aware of roles and responsibilities and trusted each other.
Pros
Good Working environment
Cons
Great place to work, great people and very respected
SENIOR CIVIL/STRUCTURAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2016
I have worked for a number of Engineering firms in two continents, and I can confidently say, Fluor Calgary has been the most rewarding place to work. Its rather sad that I have to say goodbye, but I had to do leave previously in 08, when the economy slowed also. I cant recommend this company enough!
Pros
Great respectful atmosphere, very professional, and really looks after all staff
Top EPCM Companies Around
SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ALbertaFebruary 17, 2015
If you're wanting a career in EPCM then Fluor is the place to go. Great company, open, honest management. Typical in many ways of an EPCM, if there is work you're on solid ground, if you're not billable then you time may be limited. Work/Life balance can be sometimes difficult to manage however, it can be achieved.
Pros
great culture, good people, strong outlook and future.
Cons
lower pay, bonus structure could use some work
Great to be around supportive and knowledgeable people.
Report Coordinator (Northwest Redwater Partnership (Former Employee) –  Redwater, ABDecember 2, 2015
I would have stayed on with Fluor if not for the cancelled projects which has caused the company to reduce personnel.

The projects and the entailed taskings are hectic but fulfilling in the sense that Client satisfaction is achieved.

The hard part is in determining what task has the priority due to events happening at the same time.

But all the hurdles are just that, and are always overcome by the support of talented individuals.
Pros
oride in being part of the company
Cons
long meetings
Great working environment, employees are friendly and helpful
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 19, 2016
Fluor University is a valuable source of the information and knowledge. The company's policies and procedures can be easily found there. This helps to find answers to any questions you may have and learn about the company business.
Monthly conference calls keep you updated on changes or new procedures.
Great work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, ABFebruary 6, 2016
The maintenance team was a mix of millwrights, carpenters and pipe fitters. Being the only supervisor for this company on this project I have learned a lot on being a self learner and a representative for the company. I had one apprentice and a service truck. This was a small piping team which was great.
Pros
Small team
Cons
lots of driving
detailed and hard working
Building specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
I was able to coordinate with all other disciplines like piping, mechanical, electrical and hvac to achieve a proper architectural and structural design in compliance with industry standards and client specs.
I enjoyed problem solving, and get the deliverables on time.
Fluor Way
Project Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
There is a word called the Fluor way which is a guideline on how to run a project. I does not let you circumvent or explore different ways of managing a project.
Pros
Fluor Success
Cons
To much politics.

4.2