Pros: global company, good benefits
Cons: no loyalty to employees
- Work schedule is 9 hours Mon - Thu and 8 hours every other Friday. 80 hours per 2 weeks. 44 hours week one and 36 hours week two.
- I've learned a lot about SAP, procurement systems, and material management.
- In most offices, the corporate culture is good and encourages an atmosphere of knowledge sharing. In my most recent office, this culture has not really been accepted and there is an unfortunate tendency to silo and not share or cross-train.
- In general, the job is not hard, and should not be. The work itself is enjoyable. However, when projects are not bid properly, they end up getting understaffed. For this office, buyers are trying to manage 3- 4 times the number of packages of their US counterparts and I was trying to support 4-5 times the number of buyers of my US counterparts. Because of low staffing levels, project execution suffers and errors are far more frequent than they need to be.
- I get a sense of accomplishment when I help end users solve problems, get their work done, and become more effective and efficient in their jobs.