Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Amazing work experience
Engineering specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2017
Amazing work experience. Fluor has great professionals and procedures in place. One of the most amazing experience ever, cause Fluor preached that they will support me, at the end, it was only money what motivates them, I was just a number on their payroll, not surprised right!!! yeah. Did not receive the support they offered me, no one to talk, discuss or lead me in the right direction, also not to mention the tricky dismissal notice...
Pros
knowledge, reputation, procedures
Cons
support, leadership, integrity
Productive & fun workplace; good people to work with
Principal Design Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 February 2017
The company acknowledges dedicated employees by handing out special bonuses and certificates of appreciation of which I have been a recipient on several occasions where I was asked on a short notice to fly out to the project site to resolve construction issues.
Pros
Lunch & Learn sessions conducted on a regular basis
I like this company
Principal Specialist, Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 March 2017
Fluor is a good company who provide a very good benefit to employee and an excellent services to clients. If I have an opportunity to go back to Fluor when the economic is getting better, I would love to be back again.

Fluor Management Team recognizes my good performance. I can understand company's situation when I was laid off.
Productive, Respective, Clean enviroment
Instrument Technician & Electrician (Current Employee) –  NWR1 January 2017
After morning tool box talk, I will be assigned some task with work package(Document and drawings) . Then scope out the work and fill in STA card (hazardous assessment). Next , I will prepare tools, materials and instrument. Install the instrument according to the engineering spec. At the end of the day report the progress to my supervisor.
Another great job with the building trades.
HSE Technician (Current Employee) –  Redwater, AB17 January 2017
A great company to work with. This is my 4th job with Fluor, still one of favorite companies to work for. With Fluor you know you will be working with strong Management who cares for their employees.
Fluor has a strong safety culture, and is committed to incorporating that culture with its practices and policies.
Pros
Busses to site.
Cons
12 hour days.
Challenging and Fun
Lead Estimator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 December 2016
Space to create, to change, to make improvements ..... within the limits of a low overhead cost office.
Complex and most challenging projects in the world.
Test your resilience, your capacity of doing great work. Not just work as usual, but doing great work.
Pros
The best and more challenging projects
Cons
Not enough focus on human capital as the most important assett of the company.
Offices and facilties are great like gym and cafeteria and the company has very good benefits.
Architectural Design Specialist. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
Fluor is a great company to work with and offers a lot of opportunities to grow professionally. Project management encourage employer to participate and contribute during the project's development.
Pros
Building team events are great.
Had a really good boss
Workface Planner/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 February 2017
A typical work day in the office is busy. The management was good at times but other times it was unorganized and chaotic. The reason it was chaotic was because they changed their schedule every day. So it was hard to plan around the schedule.
Over all the office culture was great.
Pros
Had a great boss
Cons
Chaotic at times
Great place to work, allowing work/life balance & great pay
Senior PDDM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
Updating and/or creating procedures and job bulletins. Updating and/or creating Document Control Job Book per project. Hardest part of job is creating manhour estimates per phase of project with staffing plans. Most enjoyable part of the job, was working with great people.
High Pressure work loads with Demanding Clients - Great Company with Great professional people.
CSA - (Acting Lead) & Design Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
From Company CEO to new grad, Every one is open, professional and approachable.
Department head leads the whole department with honesty and integrity which is reflected at every level.
Every day 'one' is encouraged to be their individual self whilst being offered knowledge and experience passed down thru the company.
Pros
Enthusiastic and optimistic for future projects
Cons
Rapidly Depleting work load
Fun work environment
Construction Administrator (Current Employee) –  Redwater, AB13 March 2017
I have learnt a lot with Fluor on this current project as it is my first plant construction job. I love the experience and the people!
The hardest part of the job is the bussing to and from site, as we are up at 415 AM and not home till 6PM, which makes for extra long days.
Good place to develop additional skills in your career
Piping Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 November 2016
Good people, safe and positive atmosphere. Company has a very high turn over in upper management and administrative positions due to unrealistic work loads for far below industry pay.
Pros
The people
Cons
Constant missed paycheques, missing hours, they forget to book your camp rooms and flights too often. Very disorganized in some areas.
Hard company to work for
Zoom Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 November 2016
If you like a company thats top heavy with management and kindergarden politics all day this is the place for you,you feel harrassed and bullied all day long if your an equipment operator.
Pros
They ll definately fly you in/out
Cons
They ll threatin you and harrass you about safety to the point your feeling bullied everyday.
I have learned a lot of technics of piping designing
Piping Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 March 2017
When I was with this company all my co-employees, supervisors are very helpful. I have learned a lot of design technics experience regarding Piping Designing with the help of 3D software tools that I was trained.
Great place to work for folks moving to Canada
Construction Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 March 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job, culture diversity at different work locations. Lots of fun work. The company is very project focused and driven to get results.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Project based work
Good Workplace personell
QA functions (Former Employee) –  Ft MacMurray27 February 2017
Good people to work with. Good Management. Prompt Pay.
Good holidays
Fair wage.
Easy going.
Good locations. Well spoken. Easily understood. Great Helpers.
They look after their personnel and contractors.
Great projects.
Fun people.
Good working environment
Document and Data Management Tech III (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2016
I enjoyed working for Fluor Corp. I had a good working relationship with my colleagues from home office and site. I enjoyed the traveling to support the Mod yards.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
no negative comments to add
Worked with a lot of great people
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta14 October 2016
Working in a camp you become quite close with those you work with. I've had the privilege of working with some really great people. I'd have to say that the best and sometimes the hardest time was working out in the field away from home.
Pros
Always something to learn, diversity
Cons
long hours, high stress
Great team to work with, project management at Fluor is fabulous
Sr. Manager MM (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2017
Enjoyed working with Fluor team. The company has great continuous improvement programs for their employees. Work/life balance activities are wonderful. Great company to work.
Human driven safety
HSE Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alberta15 October 2016
Over the several year's I have worked with Fluor, the culture and family unit feeling that is given makes it easy to come to work and strive to bring everyone home at the end of the day and rotation. I have learned more then I can write into words with the education and personnel growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2