Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Fluor is employer of Choice company
engineering management coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary & Vancouver26 July 2017
Fluor Canada is a one of the best company to work with, I have been with Fluor for my past 20 years. Company needs to diversify quickly in other engineering field such as infrastructure to survive in Canadian market.
Pros
Modularization Experts
Cons
Mainly deals in oil & gas
Excelent professional Firm
Senior Control Sytems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2017
Fluor is a great professional EPCF Company which I am so honored to working in such a professional place.
Fluor has a very systematic and strong technical background. Friendly environment and everyone willing to help each other to finish the job successfully.
Professional Company.
Structural Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 July 2017
I find FCL a professional company to work for with an unparalleled level for Quality and Safety. They have excellent managerial abilities with room within the organization to grow.
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
No Cons
It's a job until you get another job
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2017
Too many buddies hire there buddies in this company and there buddies get the job promotions so if your not in the clic you will not advance. Inexperienced supervision skipping chain of command and being promoted they rely on experienced trades to send in SOS cards to give them tips on manageing there safety there is too much office dead weight. Overall if you go to work and don't say anything you will keep your job with them if you make them look good.
Pros
Help pays the bills
Cons
There main concern is your coffee breaks and lunch times. They altar safety records
great place to work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2017
Good Job,great guys to work with.Sometimes a bit crazy,too many things on the go,which one to start with,or we need more guys doing this,so intial job would suffer.
Pros
Good pay, good job
Cons
lack of materials
The most enjoyable part of my day
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  NWRSite25 June 2017
I Love my career, trade. 17 years experience as a Red Seal Steamfitter. I like to laugh and fun , and get the Job done Safe, on time, and take pride in my work.
Pros
I'm home every night, in my bed
Cons
It's a long day to travel to site
Strong company values with Safety being the most imortant component.
Project Management/ Site Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 June 2017
Fluor is a Great company to work for. They are a very progressive company with strong values and a consistent structure that enables their employees to perform to the best of their ability giving them every opportunity to succeed. The most attractive value and the most important value Fluor has, is that they put their employee's and contractors safety ahead of everything else. I would recommend working for this company to anyone.
Pros
Safety conscious
Cons
Not enough current work
Very family oriented company
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC21 June 2017
Working at Fluor was a very fulfilling experience. This company is very family and community oriented, They hold many functions that include the whole family and also activities that benefit the local community and food banks.
a good over all experience
journeyman ironworker (Former Employee) –  nwr6 June 2017
I had a good over all experience with fluor.

-qualified and fair supervision
-good working conditions
-a decent amount of tools
-long days with bus ride
Fortune 500 Company
Project Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2017
I had a good run at Fluor for 5 years and learned some valuable skills. Was able to work autonomously and independent while still being part of the overall team. Flexible work hours made work/life balance easy to achieve.
I have always enjoyed working for Fluor
Electrical and Instrument Work Force Planner (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB29 May 2017
I enjoy the fast pace of the demands put on me to meet the deadlines
The workplace demands of a 10 hour day never seems to be enough time to complete the goals.
The best part of working for Fluor is the support given by all the workmates around me
The workforce all seem to gather together to complete all goals and deadlines
Great Company, Great People
HSE Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 May 2017
Working for Fluor has been very positive for my career. Their safety culture is second to none and the people that I have had the pleasure to meet and work with will be life long friends. I have learned a ton during my 5.5 years with the organization and look forward to possibly rejoining the team again someday.
Pros
People, compensation, benefits, management
Cons
lack of work
Training was excellent.
Document Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2017
The training was excellent. The workplace environment was very professional. I didn't experience having lunch and learn sessions when I was working with the company but was able to attend their town hall meetings where management discussed the ongoing and future projects of the company.
Pros
Good company benefits
Cons
Company politics
Good place to work with knowledgeable management
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 May 2017
I've enjoyed my time here with Fluor but unfortunately all projects have to come to an end eventually. I've made some new friends and I was made to feel that I've made a difference to the project.
Its a fun environment
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort McKay, AB23 May 2017
Its a good company its the first one i ever worked with in industrial, after doing so much cable pull, I'm pretty good at it now. Id like to try something else. I have a lot to pay for in my personal life so a good paying job for me is a must, but would like to try new things of course.
Pros
Free lunches, good people, good money
Cons
away from home, repetitiveness
Great Place to Work and Advance your Career!
Turnover Documentation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL22 May 2017
Working for Fluor was the best work experience of my entire career bar none. The Fluor Management treated me like I was important and that I contributed. There was plenty of advancement, and many learning opportunities with them. I learned much from my experience working with them.
Pros
Lots of awards for good work and great treatment.
Cons
I can't say anything really bad about them other than I would have liked to become an employee.
a job that i enjoy
QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 May 2017
i really enjoy working in the piping industry. i hope to do it forever with the proper wage of course. i dont know what to write. 150 minimum characters.
Pros
big co mpany
Cons
just a number
At Fluor you are just a number
Contracts Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2017
I have worked there for almost 5 years
I had no possibilities of advancement
I was out of job while others with less experience and hired after me stayed
There was no work / life balance. Our lunch brakes were lunch and learn.
The most enjoyable part at work was my job. I loved what I did.
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
Too much time spent on training
Great Company
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL15 May 2017
Great company to work for. Staff and project was great. Salary and flexibilty was good. Training and career advancement was a great aspect of this company.
Pros
Salary, benefits, training
Cons
Security
Fast paced learning environment
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
A lot of knowledgeable staff members, always willing to share their experiences to help guide you as long as you're willing to learn. Not always open to new ideas, however the environment is cohesive and well structured.
Cons
Lack of creative freedoms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2