basketball courts,mwr gym, internet rooms,etc etc.
employee HVAC-mechanic-Afghanistan (Former Employee), Afgninstan – June 12, 2014
12 h daily work,meet a lot of people different nations and cultures,enjoying in the mwr gym and make lot of friends,great team with me in daily duties helping each other and learning new things related to job,great time.
Piping-Mechanical-Structural QA (Current Employee), Long Harbour, NL – March 18, 2014
Pros: i work close to home
My day consists of hydro test package review for release before testing to ensure all documentation is correct, (NDE, specification and code requirements). Post review following reinstatement is also required. -Audits of contractors documentation with regard to welding, torquing, testing. -Construction surveillances - Review turnover binders to the – more... client
I have learned a new role here. I have a quality control inspector and this is my first job as a QA advisor. – less
General Superintendent (Current Employee), Albian Sands, Fort McMurray Alberta – February 9, 2014
Pros: excellent epcm company
Cons: inexperienced client construction team
Typical day involves attending daily contractor morning safety talk, then proceed into field and participate in FLRA plus review completed craft FLRA. I like to tour job site a minimum of twice per day to not only monitor safety but also to be involve in daily progress and keep on top of current and changing events. I have a hands on approach to managing – more... my contractors and promote an open professional atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of construction work is watching the fruit of your labor take shape in a safe productive manner. Perhaps the hardest part of my job is enforcing rules and regulations as this seems to be a never ending responsibility that requires a substantial effort. – less
Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BC – January 16, 2014
Pros: global company, good benefits
Cons: no loyalty to employees
- Work schedule is 9 hours Mon - Thu and 8 hours every other Friday. 80 hours per 2 weeks. 44 hours week one and 36 hours week two.
- I've learned a lot about SAP, procurement systems, and material management.
- In most offices, the corporate culture is good and encourages an atmosphere of knowledge sharing. In my most recent office, this culture – more... has not really been accepted and there is an unfortunate tendency to silo and not share or cross-train.
- In general, the job is not hard, and should not be. The work itself is enjoyable. However, when projects are not bid properly, they end up getting understaffed. For this office, buyers are trying to manage 3- 4 times the number of packages of their US counterparts and I was trying to support 4-5 times the number of buyers of my US counterparts. Because of low staffing levels, project execution suffers and errors are far more frequent than they need to be.
- I get a sense of accomplishment when I help end users solve problems, get their work done, and become more effective and efficient in their jobs. – less
Lead Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BC – January 5, 2014
Pros: a good company
Performed successfully several projects developing, designing and constructing Electrical Power Systems for 220 kV, 138 kV, 69 kV, 34.5 kV, 4.16 kV and lower voltages. The power systems comprised of transmission line, substations, modular Electrical Rooms, SCADA, and EMS equipment. Responsibilities include Preparing Technical Specifications of Equipment – more... and Systems for the Power Systems. Have several years experience of Maintenance, Construction, Design, Engineering and Development on International Projects I am a Canadian Citizen and can work under NAFTA agreement in USA without any hastles. – less
Material Control Specialist I (Current Employee), BAF – January 4, 2014
"Excellence is ordinery here" is our tag line of Fluor RDC Materials. I have learned a lot from this organization, done all MMG traning and earned HSE Gold Medal with OSHA10, OSHA30. Management is ver co-operative and encourage growth. Very hard working co-worker Best organization to work with
Team enviroment with qualified people to work with.
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, AB – September 25, 2013
Having worked on Fluor projects in the past they are a very good company to work for. They provide lots of benefits and support for employees. The possess the ability to allow people to grow into knew positions.