Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Awesome company to work for
HSE Manager/Site Superintendent (Night Shift) (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour-Mount Arlington Heights, NL7 September 2017
I enjoyed every moment of working with Fluor as a contractor. Great people. Great management. Great project. I would love to work with them again on the next project.
Predominantly a construction company working on large scale projects.
HSE Lead Night Shift (Former Employee) –  Red Water, Alberta5 September 2017
I have worked for Fluor Corp. on 3 separate occasions in the oil & gas / industrial construction sector. I have had good experiences working at Fluor and I would return to this company as either an employee or HSE contractor again.
Pros
Promotes Safety
Cons
Lack of visible commitment by top management
Challenging and fast-paced; always busy but rewarding; most were great people to work with.
Director, CONTRACT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Fort MacMurray, Canada29 August 2017
A fast paced environment working on some of the largest and most complex projects in the world.Allowed to work with a minimum of supervision. A true sense of accomplishment in completing these projects.
Cons
Travel to some of the remote sites.
Flour - Fort Hills Project Modularization Construction Experience
Construct Quality Control Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills, Fort McMurray, AB26 August 2017
I joined Fluor Canada Ltd as Construct Quality Control Supervisor II, Night Shift. Fluor Canada Ltd. is a world leader in engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction services for Clients around the world. I was assigned to the construction includes Steam Generation Plant, Boiler Feed Water Plant, Condensate Recovery Plant, Process Water Plant, Water Treatment Plant, Condensate Pre-coat Plant, Recycle Water Pump House, Fire Water Pump House, Cooling Tower and Storage Tanks.
At the beginning involved in the incoming inspection of modules and installation of modules with utmost accuracy on pile caps. Structural steel construction as well as piping. Involved in module settings, checking of lines and levels and supporting construction and production team. Reviewing and logging of AB83and MDR.

IN-process inspection of closure welds as stipulated by ASME B31.3, ABSA and as per Succor Specs and documenting. Witnessing pressure tests and documenting, witnessing category 1 and 2 torquing and documenting.

Conducted welder orientation for new welders and issuing welder IDs and documenting. Reviewed Codes, Project Quality Plan Suncor specifications and organized a training program for new welders. Trained new welders and fitters for better quality production and reduce repair rates.

The hardest part of the job is module setting and inspection of closure welds, and dealing with Old School Superintendents who are least concerned about quality.

The enjoyable part of the job is the amazing growth/progress in production as modularization construction, the plants coming
  more... up day by day. Working with experienced Quality Managers and Construction Managers and professionalism.  less
Pros
Was working with a experienced quality team and learned modularization construction pros and cons.
Cons
Skilled workers and staffs high turn over, not retaining experienced staffs and skilled workers. I was appointed through a man power contractor, not as a direct contractor. Hence best part of the remuneration is taken by the middle man.
Good working environment and excellent people
static Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region26 August 2017
Fluor is one of the world’s largest publicly traded engineering, procurement, construction (EPC), maintenance, and project management companies. Fluor works with governments and Clients in diverse industries around the world to design, construct, and maintain complex and challenging capital projects.
No comment
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Suncor Fort Hills Fort MacMurray, AB25 August 2017
Good company and manage their people well. Salary wise, not bad considering the economy. Benefits and employment package are reasonable. Treats it's people well regardless of race, religion, language, eduacation.
Great knowledge sharing platform
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region21 August 2017
The company has a great knowledge sharing network where every engineers have access.

Sharing standards, manuals and other library stuffs are very helpful to EPC company.
Great Office Help
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 August 2017
Fluor Driver is a positive employer as they have the proper backup for positions and ensure you have the tools to complete your tasks.

All that work with us enjoy their positions and client interaction.
Fluor is employer of Choice company
engineering management coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary & Vancouver26 July 2017
Fluor Canada is a one of the best company to work with, I have been with Fluor for my past 20 years. Company needs to diversify quickly in other engineering field such as infrastructure to survive in Canadian market.
Pros
Modularization Experts
Cons
Mainly deals in oil & gas
Excelent professional Firm
Senior Control Sytems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2017
Fluor is a great professional EPCF Company which I am so honored to working in such a professional place.
Fluor has a very systematic and strong technical background. Friendly environment and everyone willing to help each other to finish the job successfully.

Want to know more about Fluor Corp.?

Ask a question
Professional Company.
Structural Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 July 2017
I find FCL a professional company to work for with an unparalleled level for Quality and Safety. They have excellent managerial abilities with room within the organization to grow.
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
No Cons
It's a job until you get another job
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2017
Too many buddies hire there buddies in this company and there buddies get the job promotions so if your not in the clic you will not advance. Inexperienced supervision skipping chain of command and being promoted they rely on experienced trades to send in SOS cards to give them tips on manageing there safety there is too much office dead weight. Overall if you go to work and don't say anything you will keep your job with them if you make them look good.
Pros
Help pays the bills
Cons
There main concern is your coffee breaks and lunch times. They altar safety records
great place to work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2017
Good Job,great guys to work with.Sometimes a bit crazy,too many things on the go,which one to start with,or we need more guys doing this,so intial job would suffer.
Pros
Good pay, good job
Cons
lack of materials
The most enjoyable part of my day
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  NWRSite25 June 2017
I Love my career, trade. 17 years experience as a Red Seal Steamfitter. I like to laugh and fun , and get the Job done Safe, on time, and take pride in my work.
Pros
I'm home every night, in my bed
Cons
It's a long day to travel to site
Strong company values with Safety being the most imortant component.
Project Management/ Site Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 June 2017
Fluor is a Great company to work for. They are a very progressive company with strong values and a consistent structure that enables their employees to perform to the best of their ability giving them every opportunity to succeed. The most attractive value and the most important value Fluor has, is that they put their employee's and contractors safety ahead of everything else. I would recommend working for this company to anyone.
Pros
Safety conscious
Cons
Not enough current work
Very family oriented company
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC21 June 2017
Working at Fluor was a very fulfilling experience. This company is very family and community oriented, They hold many functions that include the whole family and also activities that benefit the local community and food banks.
a good over all experience
journeyman ironworker (Former Employee) –  nwr6 June 2017
I had a good over all experience with fluor.

-qualified and fair supervision
-good working conditions
-a decent amount of tools
-long days with bus ride
Fortune 500 Company
Project Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2017
I had a good run at Fluor for 5 years and learned some valuable skills. Was able to work autonomously and independent while still being part of the overall team. Flexible work hours made work/life balance easy to achieve.
I have always enjoyed working for Fluor
Electrical and Instrument Work Force Planner (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB29 May 2017
I enjoy the fast pace of the demands put on me to meet the deadlines
The workplace demands of a 10 hour day never seems to be enough time to complete the goals.
The best part of working for Fluor is the support given by all the workmates around me
The workforce all seem to gather together to complete all goals and deadlines
Great Company, Great People
HSE Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 May 2017
Working for Fluor has been very positive for my career. Their safety culture is second to none and the people that I have had the pleasure to meet and work with will be life long friends. I have learned a ton during my 5.5 years with the organization and look forward to possibly rejoining the team again someday.
Pros
People, compensation, benefits, management
Cons
lack of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2