Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent place to gain dynamic experience
Business Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2016
The organization has amazing co-workers that just light up your day even when its gloomy. Project managers were excellent to work with; learned a lot of leadership skills from them. Overall, good place to work but downturn in the oil and gas industry took us all by surprise.
Pros
good compensation, perks, training
Great Company
Procurement Technician/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB. CanadOctober 14, 2015
I would love the opportunity to work with Fluor again. Found Management supportive; Your are not overworked ...although there are tight schedules, particularly on a Project. Fluor trys to keep a work/life balance; in that, they have a gym on site and walking groups: also the Health and Benefits scheme is excellent due mostly to its flexibility. The attitude at Fluor is provide a great service to their Clients; thus it gives the employee a positive swing towards our Clients.
Pros
Great managerial skills overall
Fantastic Employer
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaNovember 7, 2015
Working for Fluor was a wonderful experience.

The employer offers all employees excellent health and dental benefits while providing fitness,ergonomic and safety programs to ensure good health for everyone.
Pros
Health conscious cafeteria, fitness and ergonomic programs
Cons
Communication could be stronger
Great Company! Tons of Career Opportunities
Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
Worked at Fluor for close to 8 years. Left for a new opportunity in a different part of the country (one where Fluor didn't have offices) due to a family situation.

The company has a very strong culture that encourages employees to get involved and develop their skills. Fluor was a great place to start out as a new graduate because of all the amazing support, mentorship, encouragement, community engagement, and career opportunities available. Management was very supportive and encouraging.

The people truly make the company. Fluor hires exceptional people who are committed to safety, integrity, work/life balance, and constant improvement. Fluor has a lot of policies, rules and procedures which are outstanding but at the same time the red tape could get in the way of getting things done in a timely manner.
Pros
Fridays Off, Education & Training Programs, Site Opportunities
Cons
Approval levels required for everything could be overkill and slowed things down
Great company to work for.
Supervisor Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Canada, China and South AfricaMay 27, 2016
Fluor is a great place to work for with opportunities to learn and grow with management support. Experts with many years experience who are willing to share their experiences and support other team members. Fluor gave me the opportunity to go on assignments and gained international experience. Overall a good place to work for but the unfortunate downturn in the oil and gas industry took us all by surprise.
Pros
Lunch and learn sessions, international assignment opportunities
Cons
Uncertainty in the market
Excellent procedure and standards that makes life easy
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2016
- Developed an excellent engineering team with lots of faith in each other.
- Walked and talked rather than sending emails(where not required) and spread that culture through the project
- Took decisions after consultation and looking at pros and cons
- Taught the team how to identify the risks and take mitigation measures
- Learnt that Clients with poor knowledge of what they really want can lead to disaster. It is always good to let the Client know what is good for the project
a great place to work and grow
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 1, 2016
Fluor Canada Ltd is a great place to work and grow, there is lots of opportunities and support in the company. Experts who are willing to share their experiences and support other team members. Fluor gave me the opportunity to change my career path to the area I am sure there will be more challenges and room to grow.
it has the camp life working 12 hours shift
Maintenance Planner (B shift Froth) (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 18, 2016
have to work 12 a day for straight 10 days.
i learned management skill
company has a very friendly work atmosphere
Management policy is safety first on every thing
very cooperative co workers
hardest part of the job on your turn of work you must have to show up weather is X Mass day.
Safety is the first thats the most enjoyable part of the work no need to put your self in any kind of risk
Pros
get free lunches and nice accommodation
Cons
yes its 12 hours work a day
Great Work Procedures - For typical Postions
Interface Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 15, 2016
This position at Fluor was something new and different and therefore did not have a lot of guidance as to day to day activities. Most positions at Fluor have many work practices and procedures so it is easy to understand expectations.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance
Cons
Lack mentorship/guidance
Productive , working in diverse environment
Safety Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mongolia, ONNovember 14, 2015
My day used to start around 7am and finished at 6pm arranging HSE trainings for employees. Making schedule for all employees and working with trainers and attending for weekly meetings and making weekly and monthly reports and archiving the training information . I've learnt how to deal with working long hours . I enjoyed working with my co-workers. There was nothing hard part of my job . I really loved working there . the most enjoyable part was working with foreigners and making a good environment for both coworkers and employees .
Pros
my most faviroute job and coworkers
Cons
nothing
Productive and Fun workplace with good work environment
Senior Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 21, 2016
- With meetings and deadlines
- Learned how to do it right the first time in time with clients requirement
- The co-workers were sometimes fun to work with, sometimes having good discussions, in all was a good team work where everybody was aware of roles and responsibilities and trusted each other.
Pros
Good Working environment
Cons
Friendly working environment with team players
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Team working/player
Friendly environment
great accommodating management
Great team players
Working midnight's at times
Taking responsibilities
Pros
Ample training
Cons
midnight work
Document Control
Lead - Site Project Document Control (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NLApril 13, 2015
I enjoyed working for Fluor. Fluor was one of the best company,s I have ever worked for. The people were great - benefits were very good. With Fluor I learned new systems from mentors. I learned to train other people on the Document Control Systems. Started writing Work Instructions.
The best part of the job was the support I received from all management.

The hardest part of the job was starting a new job with a 5\2 shift and with no rotation I was unable to get home on a regular basis
Cons
5 day work week
Not approprate in my opinion.
Senior Designer/Project Cad Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2016
I feel its unnecessary for me to give a review of former employers to potential new employers. Sorry but it makes me uncomfortable.
Pros
Employer
Cons
Not enough work to keep me emoloyed
Fast paced work enviroment
Timekeeper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 1, 2016
Non-stop work days, always have something to keep myself busy with or have new things to learn. Deadlines are a huge factor in any payroll sort of department, as well as accuracy of the payroll.
detailed and hard working
Building specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
I was able to coordinate with all other disciplines like piping, mechanical, electrical and hvac to achieve a proper architectural and structural design in compliance with industry standards and client specs.
I enjoyed problem solving, and get the deliverables on time.
Excellent work environment.
Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 7, 2016
Typical day of work involves interaction with competent and enthusiastic individuals with a common goal.
All are aware of the importance in team building and mutual support.
Pipeline Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, CanadaJuly 14, 2016
This company always offers very good compensation package. It has lots of activities which are full of fun. It has many professional development programs.
Overcoming challenges
Electrical Foreman (Current Employee) –  Redwater, ABJune 19, 2016
As with most construction jobs the daily challenges are met with success. Able to do various installations which include electrical and instrumentation.
Good place to work and grow
Engineering Manager and Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2016
Fluor has a welcoming environment for people with diverse background and skills to work together successfully.

4.2