Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews for Superintendent

See reviews about:
Found 6 reviews matching the search See all 2,813 reviews
Enjoyed every minute
Piping Superintendent / Turnover Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, Ft McMurray, N Jersey, Sarnia23 August 2015
Worked on several projects across Canada and the USA with this company. Construction Managers were well suited for their positions.

Irving Oil project had Superintendents from the west of Canada who tended to treat Eastcoaster with disrespect , as a result got less work out of their charges.

I had a great re pore with 300+ of the trades I was responsible for
awesome place
Electrical and Instrumentation Superintendent (Current Employee) –  calgary5 March 2015
Good place to work loved it.the people where caring and everyone worked as a team.Made some good friends there.will miss it
Pros
good people
Cons
no security
Typical day.
General Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Albian Sands, Fort McMurray Alberta9 February 2014
Typical day involves attending daily contractor morning safety talk, then proceed into field and participate in FLRA plus review completed craft FLRA. I like to tour job site a minimum of twice per day to not only monitor safety but also to be involve in daily progress and keep on top of current and changing events. I have a hands on approach to managing my contractors and promote an open professional atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of construction work is watching the fruit of your labor take shape in a safe productive manner. Perhaps the hardest part of my job is enforcing rules and regulations as this seems to be a never ending responsibility that requires a substantial effort.
Pros
Excellent EPCM Company
Cons
Inexperienced client Construction team
FLUOR/FGG/Afghanistan/FOB Shank
Plumbing Superintendent (Current Employee) –  FOB Shank, Logar Province, Afghanistan8 March 2013
I am currently working for Fluor, in Logar, Afghanistan on FOB Shank. I have been working on this FOB for over three and a half years. Before Afghanistan, I worked in Iraq, with KBR, for one year. My position is AO plumbing superintendent for Task Force Bayonet. I oversee the Plumbing Operations on 6 FOB’s in the AO. Required to travel to each FOB. We currently experience IDF activity daily. The most challenging aspect of this job is working with many different nationality's, which creates communication issues.
Pros
learning different cultures and behaviors of the employees.
Cons
materials are extremely hard to aquire.
My co-workers
Architectural Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL CA17 December 2012
I found the team I was working with to be a great bunch of people and it made the project move along smoothly.
Pros
geat wages and co-workers
Cons
contract position with no security