Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Fluor gives their employees the freedom to learn and grow.
Project Controls Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2018
Fluor has many different disciplines within the company and offers employees lots of areas to improve and grow their skills. The company provides training and challenges their employees to continue to learn and seek interest in the companies business strategies as one team and one Fluor.
Good company to work if there are enough projects
Associate Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2018
Very typical EPC company, when there are projects, they treat you well and expect you to work hard as a return. In the down market with fewer projects, don't expect them to keep you, as soon as your project finish, they will let you go without hesitation, which actually makes sense in this industry, just be prepared.
Ok not the best
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2017
If your not in the click your out
Don't give you much notice I was laid off in the dec before xmas and was not told till the new year so had to travel back up to get tools and clear my rental
They also dont give youy a t200 to claim back your living expenses so you loose out on a lot of money
Dont expect you to have a family life just a working life
Good company
Sr. Process Engineer/Process Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2017
Nice to work at Fluor.
- Everyone is focus on getting the job done.
- Flex working hours. Normally 9 hours a day, so that we got second Friday off.
- Good benefit.
Great work environment with great knowledgeable personnel.
Senior Designer, Design Supervisor, Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2017
Great company to work for. Aggressive schedules make work-life balance a challenge. Wages are competitive. The people on the floor are a pleasure to work with.
Decent place to work
Journeyman Structural Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB26 November 2017
Learned a lot about my trade. Friendly work environment with many different aspects in my trade to learn from. I enjoyed working with Fluor and other employee's.
Fluor is a very structured company capable of EPC projects worldwide
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2017
Every day was being part of a structured team working on a project with a defined schedule and cost controls. There were always challenges to satisfy the client to complete projects.
Worst company i ever worked for
4th Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB16 November 2017
Never had material or they had material i should say but would only dole out rarely they were trying to break our union Took over 1 month to get 3/8" washers,bolts .They were also the material vendor
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Low morale
Best place I ever worked
Project Engineer (P.Eng) (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL13 November 2017
PROS
Excellent culture
Great co-workers to work with
Management is great
Less politics compared to other large companies
Good pay
Good vacation days
Work is always different

CONS
May be relocated to site for 3-5 years at time
When market bad, lots of layoffs
Career Advancement, Leadership
Electrical Engineer/Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2017
It is a reputable and excellent organization to work for.
It has provided me with leadership roles along with career advancement from time to time.
It has an excellent work culture in the organization.
Pros
Lunch and Learns, Technical Seminars
Cons
Job unstability
Overall, Fluor is a good company
Financial Analyst I (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region9 November 2017
They support work life balance and pushes employees to grow and support their personal plans as well. Though the company, like other EPC, they are affected by oil price.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Bonus not guaranteed
Managers and Document Controllers were great, We worked as a team.
Document Controller - Assistant to Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 November 2017
My day was very busy, but went by very fast. I would arrive an hour early each morning and stay and hour late most days. The managers were great. Anything I needed help with or questions answered. They were reliable and dependable. It was a great environment to work in. It felt like family. I enjoyed my job and going to work each day.
Pros
Great salary
productive
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2017
They were a good company to work for. There was a wide variety of different electrical projects to work on, the management kept you busy and gave you a good work scope for the day.
Pros
good people to work with
Millwright/Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, Ca28 October 2017
Overall a very safety oriented company, since I started working with them we ran into few accidents. We would alway's make safety our number 1 priority.
Pros
Pay
Cons
n/a
Very fast paced environment with oppourtunity to learn alot.
Travel Coordinator/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC25 October 2017
Although the job was only a temporary it was a great way to learn about the oil and gas industry and make some great connections for possible future job oppourtunities. The pay was great and I learned a lot of great new skills.
Pros
great pay/people
Cons
only temporary
good place to work
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2017
I liked my job with Fluor as a General Foreman . They gave me the man power and tools to get the job done. They also had a good safety culture which was a very good thing.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long Hours and sticky on any time off
Fun place to work, great people to work with
Supervisor, Contract Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta20 October 2017
Contract Management daily, interacted with clients and suppliers, negotiated contracts, managed construction deliverables with supplier and client on a team. Enjoyed the interaction with the client and supplier and managing the challenges of a large construction project.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
contract centric, if you don't have a project you don't have work
Fluor
Contracts Management & Vendor Coordination (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 October 2017
A great company to work for when oil is booming, there are many opportunities to get involved in extra curriculars which grow your network and career. Unfortunately it was every man and women for themselves when times got tough.
EPC contractor work environment
Site Coordinator/Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2017
Efficient fast paced work on projects with adequate resources. experience in working with various clients. Both home office (design) and field experience (construction). Full understanding of clients standards & specifications. Knowledge & experience gained in the design, procurement, contracts & construction of refineries. Hardest part of the job was producing low cost engineering drawings & documents. Enjoyable part was the successful construction completion and operation of a new refinery.
Pros
Good management and benefits
Cons
Job stability
Fast paced, hectic, yet rewarding
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2017
I worked on one of Fluor's projects which was fast paced and hectic yet over all enjoyable because of the high work calibre and the genuine support of the management and peers.
The hardest part of the job was being away from home. As in any site projects, one would be on the work site, away from home for a specific period of time.
The most enjoyable part was when you sincerely felt that you have accomplished something that has been a good contribution to the successful completion of the project.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2