Fluor Canada Ltd

Fluor Canada Ltd Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: job security
Fairly good company, good compensation, challenging work. Typical day is very busy. Co-workers are nice, management is good. The only bad thing is the lack of job security.
Top EPCM Companies Around
SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee), Calgary, ALbertaFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great culture, good people, strong outlook and future.
Cons: lower pay, bonus structure could use some work
If you're wanting a career in EPCM then Fluor is the place to go. Great company, open, honest management. Typical in many ways of an EPCM, if there is work you're on solid ground, if you're not billable then you time may be limited. Work/Life balance can be sometimes difficult to manage however, it can be achieved.
Supervisor, Contract Management (Current Employee), Calgary , AB CanadaFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: work balance
Cons: no.
I enjoy my experience with this company. Safe environment, nice accommodations. Travel to and from site was easy and completely taken care of. Overall, management is good, accommodating and approachable. No major complaints, working for this company.
An ideal job for my skill set
Invoice Attest Supervisor (Current Employee), Contracts Management DepartmentJanuary 20, 2015
Lead the Invoice Attest Team to attest invoices received from contractors (Oil Sands projects). Learn Contracts Management. This is an ideal job for applying professional knowledge.
SP3D / PDS PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2015
Did not enjoy working here. Training and support provided for new software they have moved on to is inadequate unlike it was years ago.
High paced deadline driven
Senior PBS (Project Business Services) (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 31, 2014
Managed multiple projects for multiple clients. Corporate culture is dry and people are considered numbers. Job security lacking and a lot of stress.
Overall, Fluor is top of Company in the world, except jod security
Equipment Layout / Piping Designer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 11, 2014
Good practice engineering, respectful work place, lot of internal training, good benefit package. enjoyable working environment
Every other Friday off
Contract Technician / Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2014
A great perk in this working environment. The people are great, and helpful. The diversity in the projects helps you learn in what can be the best way to keep your day to day duties changing and challenging.
Good place to work.
Design Engineer (Current Employee), CanadaAugust 12, 2014
Good place to work with supportive managers and plenty of opportunity.
An industry leading EPCM campany
Electrical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 3, 2014
a place you can challenge yourself, you can improve, you can plan your future...
A Very Customer Orientated EPC
Associate Engineering Design Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch, fluor fridays off, opportunities to work on site
Cons: changes in scope that can quickly affect loads of previously completed work
Fluor has many systems in place to help its employees best serve the customer's needs. On top of a wide variety of experience, they also provide desk space to numerous clients so that the work can be easily discussed and reviewed.

My days typically consist of working closely with clients on requisitions. Based on decisions made, my work might also include updating various AutoCAD drawings, attending Process Hazard Assessments, or providing a lessons learned presentation to my co-workers.

The hardest part of this job is the client. They have a good idea of what they want, but with changes always happening upstream with the process department, the changes can easily result in the control systems department not being at the same state that they originally thought. These delays or setbacks are understandable, but at times can be frustrating when one has to refine a lot of documents due to say a pipeline size change or relocation. However, it's understandable and everyone is generally quite accommodating.

All in all, it's a very enjoyable experience at Fluor.
It's a good working environment
Senior Civil Engineer (Contract Position) (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 16, 2013
Pros: every friday off
Cons: short brakes
A typical day at work stated from 8 AM to 5:45 PM.
Learne water distribution system for mining projects
Time management
The hardest part of the job was lack of proper information
The most enjoyable part of job was every second friday off
It's a SAFE and very Friendly place to work in.
Buyer, Systems Support, Invoice Coordinator (Current Employee), Long Harbour, NLDecember 5, 2013
Pros: company add 50% of your rrsp contribution
Cons: no comment this time.
It's a very nice place to work in because most of the people from the Upper to Lower Management are all very accommodating, friendly, and are willing to share their knowledge in order for the newones to feel welcome.
Very busy office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 22, 2013
Pros: management is supportive
Cons: not a huge variety in job roles
First job out of SAIT. Great office to learn about proper procedures and policies. Fluor is very organised.
Productive Workplace with good atmosphere.
Design Engineer Specialist II (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 28, 2013
- I started from 7:45 to 5:45. Dealt with engineering and technical issues related to my packages. Participated to any arranged meeting due to my packages. Coordinating among discipline to resolve any matter which caused delay on packages' schedule and delivery time.
- I have learned many thing related to the organization and system.
- There were some weak points on management portion.
- Co-worker were great and very friendly.
- Learning their procedures for following up and doing the job.
- When learned those procedures and flowcharts and accomplished the job.
Getting into Piping Design field
Senior Drafter/Junior Piping Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2013
Work: 2D/3D Piping Drafting/Design
Learned: EPC working procedure, Codes, Standards, Spec's, ect.
Cons: Lack of working load
learning experience
QA Manager Preservation and Site Wide Services (Former Employee), Fort McKay,Alta.December 22, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
· Ensure Contractors execute services in a safe, reliable and efficient manner while maintaining quality standards imposed by the client
· Verify Contractors Quality plan is being adhered to and adjusting scope and staffing as required
· Review 31 contractors Quality Management Plans and ITP’s, highlight any defiencies and return for change and approval
· Perform Quality audits on all site wide service disciplines
· Complete surveillance reports on all contractor scope activities
· Verify contractors progress with Quality Surveillance Reports, Corrective Action Reports and Non-Compliance Reports
· Ensure all preservation and storage activities of mechanical and electrical equipment while in their care, custody and control are in compliance with warranty instructions
My co-workers
Architectural Superintendent (Former Employee), Long Harbour, NL CADecember 17, 2012
Pros: geat wages and co-workers
Cons: contract position with no security
I found the team I was working with to be a great bunch of people and it made the project move along smoothly.
good company to work for.enjoyed my job
Lead Completions Engineer (Current Employee), Kearl LakeNovember 17, 2012
talented personnel to work with every day.it enjoying working with my team
I enjoyed working in 'Fluor' very much.
Civil Designer/Drafter (Site Development) (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 24, 2012
I really enjoyed working in 'Fluor' particularly when I wss assigned a project of the road network design and drafting for a mining site in Mongolia. I enjoyed the design work by using the Bentley's 'MicroStation' & 'InRoads' software to build the 3D models for the roadwork design and the quantity estimate of the earth work. Also, I have given the design drafting work for the detention
ponds 3D model design as well. I enjoyed my work very much.