Flowserve Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
It is a good place to work and very fair to employees at all levels
General Manager Operations (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 22, 2015
Pros: Great colleagues and fun work place
Cons: Red tape and politics
It is a good place to work. It is a US based company with great opportunities for employees. The overall operations and management teams are developed and continuously improving. Great staff and great relationships with internal and external customers. There is a great amount of red tape and politics between the US an Canadian business units.
SENIOR APPLICATION ENGINEER (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Competitive pay & benefits
Cons: Upper management makes all the decisions
Lots of red tape and politics make it difficult to get things approved.Disconnect between upper management and divisional offices.
Productive enviroment
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 20, 2015
Pros: enjoyable end of year functions
Cons: shut down period very intense
- Slow mornings, intense afternoons
- working with local and Int'l couriers
- Helpful and friendly learnt lots.
- Fair co-workers.
- Deliveries been on time.
I really enjoyed working there
Lead Hand Cnc (Former Employee), BrantfordMarch 18, 2015
I worked there for three years and was well paid.
Pros are the variety of work and the shear size of the parts.
Cons would be the arrogance of management and the union both.
Still, I regard this employer as very good considering the depressed market, especially around the Brantford area.
If you are a skilled tradesman and know cnc machining, then you should be happy at this workplace.
Worst company I have ever worked for in Brantford Ont.
Assembly Millwright (Former Employee), Brantford, On.January 5, 2015
Cons: many
Management is very dishonest. Abusive environment. Very un productive environment. Management talks down to staff. Very un professional. Managements creates a lot of problems on the work floor. Worst safety practices I have ever witnessed in my 31 years of experience. Many 90 day dismissals. DO NOT APPLY. They take advantage of the labor market in Brantford. You will never get in fulltime!!!!!
Horrible experience. Prompted myself to go into a totally different career. I made sure I informed my colleagues at British Petroleum the way this plant was run. I also made sure I contacted all other executives in purchasing and sales in this business about the manner in which I was personally treated by the Brantford management staff. Those of us that operate with the highest standards of employee and customer relations see this as an indicator to avoid using FLOWSERVE products. Their attitudes are reflected in the quality of their products.

A lot of useless employees that are unable to react to the current market for their products. Their test stand will kill someone one day in the manner in which it is designed and used.
A concerned Brantford resident and Business operator.
Horrible place
Millwright (Current Employee), Leduc, AlbertaJuly 30, 2014
Millwrights don't work there, any other place then flowserve
Parts Coordinator/Customer Service/Shipping (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 26, 2013
I started at Flowserve as a temporary administrator and was then hired full time when an opening in the spares department became available. I continued to work at Flowserve for another 6 years when I was made redundant.
excellent employeer
Op Technician, Inventory Control, SHEA Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 23, 2012
Days employeed were always different. Of all the many things I learned with Flowserve, the most important one was Safety. Management and co-workers were really decent people. The most diffecult part of my job was juggling the work load, speading yourself out across the wide veriety of duties. The most enjoyable part of my job there was getting satisfaction from doing the work.
Culture and values of workplace deteriorated as management changeover began. Co-workers were pleasant, good natured and knowledgeable individuals.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Brantford, OntarionMarch 25, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: management
A typical day was stressful to say the least. Is it just me or are the new managers hired these days (at any age) missing something? It seems as though they lack the operational knowledge. There is no control on inventory and with that inventory is inflated, lack of MRP knowledge, invoices become a huge problem, schedules go out the door.....I just don't know. I have witnessed this with 3 managers recently.
I have gained extensive knowledge in mechanical ability and am expanding this through school.
The most enjoyable is the people. Very rarely do you come across people whom are not friendly and fun to be around. I find I gain a tremendous amount of knowledge from my peers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is doing my job well. I am very good at what I do and am surprised and humbled by how frequent you continually learn something new on a regular basis. I feel my best if I can help someone who is struggling with something if I am able to.