FLIR Systems

FLIR Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
professional and fun place to work, very nice people to associate with
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Billerica, MAJune 2, 2015
I really enjoyed working with FLIR. They were very professional and were very helpful when needed assistance. I was able to take professional courses when the classes became available to help with performing my job duties with more expertise. My co-workers were an exceptional group of people. One of the first people I met there I am still very close to. I really enjoyed my hours.
FLIR
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Portland, OregonApril 30, 2015
An okay place to work. It has a generous time-off program and can be flexible. It is a great place to develop. A typical day is getting in at 8:00 and working until 5:00. The management team is very good and accessible.
Experience with security camera server
Analyst-Programmer (Former Employee), MadridJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: worked as a contractor, linux programming
Cons: we could have dedicated more time for creating a better software architecture
To give continuity to the Nexus Server software in charge of the security cameras Flir management. This software is written in C++ and runs on multiple platforms (ARMv5, Intel, PPC, Linux, Windows, Windows CE).
In the last two months the tasks were changed for developing a continuous integration with Python, Django and Mysql.
Good Place to Work with great benefits.
Inside/Outside Sales (Former Employee), CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: strong company
FLIR Systems is a great company to work for, and a solid company with a family attitude.
laidoff
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Ellaville, GASeptember 22, 2014
small town minded men . nowhere to advance. I don't have anything else to say .laidoff
poor management
engineer (Former Employee), caAugust 25, 2014
Use you for your knowledge then get rid of you. Poor management, reviews based on if you are in the inner circle not what you accomplished.
wanna feel worthless then work here
production (Former Employee), stillwater okMay 15, 2014
Pros: you save lives
Cons: long hours poor managment
You will be hired and trained. They will tell you that advancement is possible but that's a lie. You will work yourself to death abd they will ask for more from you. Nothing is good enough . You will be set up to fail and then they will get rid of you . Your voice will never be heard until its too late to stop a potential problem .
Subject to Government changes to product and production schedule.
Production Manager/ Program Manager (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDOctober 14, 2013
Pros: excellent personnel
Cons: unusual hours due to delivery and receiving schedules.
The FLIR corporation is a high technology company that is transitioning from prototype to manufacturing operations.
Summary of duties.
Maintenance, Shipping, Stock Room (Former Employee), North Billerica, MAJune 26, 2013
During summer of 2008, I would work two jobs throughout the day. In the morning, I would work with maintenance facilities department moving stuff, building cubicles, sweeping, and watering plants outside. In the afternoons, I would work in Theormography Shipping department sealing and receiving camera as well as delivering goods around the facility.

In 2009, I worked in the stock room collecting camera parts and delivering them in the manufacturing area.
Great place to work. Flir has been chosen as one of the top 100 companies to work for in Massachusetts
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE LEAD (Current Employee), North Billerica MADecember 12, 2012
I am proud to be a member of the Flir family. Work/Family balance is promoted here.
Great place to work. Autonomy to produce your way!
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 29, 2012
Pros: autonomy
Cons: advancement
Great product and support from the entire organization. Technology is cutting edge and the product portfolio is constanly being upgraded to reflect changes in technology and customer needs/wants.
Good atmosphere, Upper management attentive, understanding, and accessible
Electro/Mechanical Engineering Aid (Former Employee), North Billerica, MAAugust 26, 2011
Pros: thursdays meetings pizza and soft drinks
Cons: long hours
Given the opportunity I would consider to be re-hired again.

About FLIR Systems

You can run, but you can't hide from FLIR Systems -- they're all about surveillance and detection. FLIR's thermal imaging and – Read more