Social Media and Content Intern/Rockstar
Location: Downtown Toronto
Starting: June 2014 - September 2014
We’re looking for someone who can produce a witty Facebook post on the fly, is passionate about blogging, knows what’s up with emerging social channels, and monitors trending topics like a hawk. Our Social Content Intern will embody FlipGive and represent the brand authentically across our company blog and social media channels.
The Social Content Intern will become the resident expert on blogging and social media best practices, tools, and strategies. Their goal, along with the social team, is to drive growth through the delivery of addictive, shareable content that fosters social engagement. The role requires a flexible, resourceful, and detail-oriented individual who can thrive in a startup environment. We need a self-starter who isn’t phased by ambiguity and wants to work with us to build something from the ground up.
FlipGive is a digital marketplace that connects brands to consumers through fundraising. The platform revolutionizes both grassroots fundraising and corporate giving; helping people raise moeny faster by driving sales and positive social impact for brands. For more information, please visit flipgive.com. We believe that innovation & technology provides an ideal platform for companies, not for profits and individuals to work together to drive significant social change. We are Canada’s first B-Corporation.
- Assist the marketing team in the creation of blog content, including original imagery, video, and copy.
- Assist in the development of educational resources and whitepapers based on industry research.
- Assist the social media team in the creation of social content across all channels: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, Youtube, Instagram.
- Email copywriting.
- Copywriting for our various web properties.
- Proofreading and editing external communications.
- Influencer outreach and content creation.
- Community management, including engaging with user questions/interactions
- Social listening including trending topics, industry news, and competitive intelligence.
- Major in copywriting, public relations, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Professional-level writing, editing, proofreading and communication skills.
- Passionate about social media, creating great content, and cultivating engagement.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Excel.
- Expert familiarity with social platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Youtube, and Instagram.
- Responsive copywriting ability. You jump on opportunities for brand exposure and new user acquisition.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, HubSpot, Wordpress, and sourcing stock photography is a plus.
- A genuine passion for social innovation and the work we do at FlipGive.
Interested in becoming our Social Media Content Rockstar? Please send an e-mail to Emily Nguyen enguyen[at]flipgive.com, with your resume, cover letter and any relevant social media projects/blogs, and writing samples.
FlipGive is a digital marketplace that connects brands to consumers through fundraising. The platform revolutionizes both grassroots...