FLINT ENERGY Employee Reviews

Learning
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Zama City, AB11 November 2017
I started my career at this company in 90’s. They were a big company and the only one in the area. Their huge range of services provided invaluable experience.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Seasonal
Ok.
Industrial Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC5 September 2017
Used to be Northern BC Oil and Gas Company. Usually handles averagely medium budget projects. People are good. Working conditions were not bad in Fort St. John office.
Working with flint
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB13 July 2017
Great work enviornemt and I learned alot about being on the pipeline and the understanding of how things work. Great people and amazing career opportunities
Pros
Cons
Alot of heavy lifting
Good company
"B" Pressure welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2017
Great company to work for. The employees were very friendly. I learned a lot about the company. Flint had a good safety program. Flint also had a good supervision team.
Pros
Employee advancement
Very good to work for
Foreman Field (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB21 April 2017
Trained me very well. people are good to get along with. have good shifts and willing to work with you. would like to get back on with them. Miss working with them.
Pros
all good
Cons
somtimes they protect the lazy to much.
Productive, fast paced environment with a great team of like minded ppl all working towards a common goal
Loader Operator, Swamper, General Shop Labourer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB30 November 2016
A typical day would start with a walk around of the loader. Checking pressures, oil cleanliness, filters. Greasing of all moving parts. Gathering paperwork for pipe to be loaded an unloaded from racks from previous night or days work. Properly storing pipe. I learned how to mitagrate jobs to my swampers, proper maintenance of a front end loader, how to drive an operate a loader while loading an unloading thousands of pounds of pipe. Safety of ppl around me, blind spots.
Pros
Great wage, great crew, good hours fast paced environment
Cons
Poor upper management
Productive, fun place to work
Job Cost Administrator (Former Employee) –  Joffre Alberta17 October 2016
I was able to complete and encouraged to take online courses related to the job to further my experience. co-workers were all great and encouraging and fun.
Exceptional Company to Work For
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB27 April 2016
Flint is one of the most organized companies I have worked for as well as the bennifit and pays scales are exceptional and geared to Families of all sizes.
Pros
Wonderful Staff Environment
Cons
Company was sold too many times with too many name changes while I was there.
Camp was a great place to work for me.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 April 2016
Started at 6 am, took morning staff meeting notes, arranged flights for workers, filed documents, kept office clean, did some scheduling, and what ever my supervisor requested of me. Done work at 6pm.
Worked at a Suncor energy plant north of Fort McMurray.
Pros
free meals, rooms, benifits
Cons
Long hours, 10 day shifts/ 4 days off
fun busy environment
Pipeline Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 April 2016
Operated equipment on the pipeline worked with good crews always had question answered on the jobsite.Did walk arounds on all equipment i operated.I build access roads stripped topsoil,worked with clean up crews maintained pipeline ROW.
Pros
great overtime
Cons
short sesons
labourer
Laborer/mig welder (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, AB24 February 2016
it wasn't to bad a place to work for when they were around
enjoyed a bit of pipelining and welding work work
contracted to methanex was the best part
Pros
contract work at methanex
Cons
long hours but sustainable
Challenging and rewarding workplace
Training & Enhanced Services Manager (AB) (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 January 2016
Flint Energy was a progressive and dynamic place to work. The company presented many challenges as a manager and seemed to fare well with economic uncertainty. Senior leadership seemed to be somewhat out of touch with front line management and supervision as good performance was not always recognized.
Pros
People
Cons
Senior management leadership
excellent
Pipeline Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2015
Great place to work, great pay great benefits great crew to bad there wasnt anymore projects going on at the moment i wish i was still there
Happy working every day to co worker start in to the end of hours of work king daily more production and safety work
B-Pressure Journeyman, TIG, SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
Share idea base in my experience over 20 years in this industry to improve more production base on company need to cuts up the date target date,
Pros
Perment or full time
Cons
What is company need
Good working environment
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray1 October 2015
Worked with a great bunch of people and always learned new things daily. The days were always productive and we would always get the work done no matter how hard it was
productive
pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB25 September 2015
fun work place, learn a lot from this company. they gave me my first opportunity to become a pipefitter. thought me everything i know about fitting and being a welders helper. overall flint/urs was a great company.
Good place to work for a welder
Rig Welder (Current Employee) –  Calgary9 September 2015
Flint isnt a bad place to work paid every week rates arnt bad either and full supply is pretty good. Safety is pretty hardcore with all the paper work.
Pros
Paid every week and full supply
Cons
offices are a little disorganzied
Fun company with good employees
JDE Sr. Business Analyst/Support Analyst(1 year) (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 August 2015
I was introducing new functionality to the team and they learned quickly and was able to match it to their current business. While providing support the clients were fun to work with.
Pros
Good employees and management
Cons
Transportation between office buildings
good work place
Apprentice Insulator (Former Employee) –  edmonton29 May 2015
good place to work very safe good chance for apprenticeships management is good nice lunch rooms and clean wash rooms co-workers are good to get along with
Pros
very safe work place
Cons
need more training froappretice
good and interesting job
electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 May 2015
Guys are very good. Same and management. I learned how to organize some job.The most enjoyable part of job is terminating
cables
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/a