FLINT ENERGY Employee Reviews

Camp was a great place to work for me.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 April 2016
Started at 6 am, took morning staff meeting notes, arranged flights for workers, filed documents, kept office clean, did some scheduling, and what ever my supervisor requested of me. Done work at 6pm.
Worked at a Suncor energy plant north of Fort McMurray.
Pros
free meals, rooms, benifits
Cons
Long hours, 10 day shifts/ 4 days off
Productive, fun place to work
Job Cost Administrator (Former Employee) –  Joffre Alberta17 October 2016
I was able to complete and encouraged to take online courses related to the job to further my experience. co-workers were all great and encouraging and fun.
First experience in the oil fields with a positive first experience with rotations.
Laborer/ First Year Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 December 2012
This work experience was my very first in the oil sands. It provided a unique opportunity to see first hand how the oil field works and I was given the chance to work for the first time with Rig Welders, and assist them with their equipment and daily tasks. Management and co-workers helped me establish my career as a Welder and educated me in the safety and value of working in the oil sands. The most enjoyable part of the job was having an extremely well balanced work to life ratio. Our rotation was 20/8 which I felt gave me a relaxing and extensive period of time to spend with my family at home. The hardest aspect was leaving my family each rotation to return to work. However, the knowledge that this company would provide me with opportunities to better myself and my family made it a lot easier to commute.
Pros
wonderful and comfortable camp environment and high salary.
Cons
working away from friends and family for the first time.
co-workers were very helpful and enjoyed the environment
Parts Room Person (Former Employee) –  Lampman, SK14 January 2013
my day started at 630am every day,did all the inventory for the parts room and also did the shipping and receiving. Also had to give out parts to all employees including the management and mechanices. Enjoyed most of my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was not getting recongized for all the work I did and never received a raise.
Pros
got to work in fast paced enviroment that i really enjoyed
Cons
did not get reconized, and did not receive a raise that i felt i deserved
Great company to work or. Emphasis focused on safety.
Apprentice Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB29 January 2013
Day commenced with early rise, safety meeting prior to beginning of shift. Well organized with the days events planned. Managers and co-workers very cooperative. Worked as a team. I worked as an apprentice and I had lots of opportunity for advancement. The hardest part of my job was working outside my home province. Most enjoyable part of my job was operating the mobile cranes independently and meeting new people.
Pros
salary scale, advancement, well managed, accommodations, great work atmosphere.
Cons
working away from home and expense for travel to my home province.
Challenging and rewarding workplace
Training & Enhanced Services Manager (AB) (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 January 2016
Flint Energy was a progressive and dynamic place to work. The company presented many challenges as a manager and seemed to fare well with economic uncertainty. Senior leadership seemed to be somewhat out of touch with front line management and supervision as good performance was not always recognized.
Pros
People
Cons
Senior management leadership
labourer
Laborer/mig welder (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, AB24 February 2016
it wasn't to bad a place to work for when they were around
enjoyed a bit of pipelining and welding work work
contracted to methanex was the best part
Pros
contract work at methanex
Cons
long hours but sustainable
Exceptional Company to Work For
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB27 April 2016
Flint is one of the most organized companies I have worked for as well as the bennifit and pays scales are exceptional and geared to Families of all sizes.
Pros
Wonderful Staff Environment
Cons
Company was sold too many times with too many name changes while I was there.
fun busy environment
Pipeline Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 April 2016
Operated equipment on the pipeline worked with good crews always had question answered on the jobsite.Did walk arounds on all equipment i operated.I build access roads stripped topsoil,worked with clean up crews maintained pipeline ROW.
Pros
great overtime
Cons
short sesons
working with MEG, and Flint Energy.
scaffold journeymen (Former Employee) –  christina lake29 June 2013
Not a great deal of respect for their employees. Brought out to Christina Lake, told we would be in a brand new camp to recruit us, and then was placed, 2 hours away (only 1h 15min paid travel), in an overflow camp. Bus drivers were harassed by , MEG, to get us there on time in the morning (Bus left at 5 am). The ride to work would bruise kidneys. Nearing the end of the job and were told we could be fired for anything. Started pulling guys in and competency. testing them, telling them they'll pay them what they think they re worth, because they didn't need the manpower. Guys getting fired for random reasons. Not a great deal of respect , For trades, from MEG, Or Flint. Take advantage of paid flights to anywhere in the country(mostly east coast), to deprive you of any quality of life.
Pros
good money, paid flights
Cons
little respect for employees.
Happy working every day to co worker start in to the end of hours of work king daily more production and safety work
B-Pressure Journeyman, TIG, SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
Share idea base in my experience over 20 years in this industry to improve more production base on company need to cuts up the date target date,
Pros
PERMENT OR FULL TIME
Cons
WHAT IS COMPANY NEED
Busy
EHS Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  sherwood park alberta12 March 2014
Long hours/Difficult supervision/Great co-workers/dealing with management/dealing with co-workers
Pros
good money
Cons
Secluded camp Job, long hours, poor organization, good money
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake Meg Energy Project26 June 2013
I enjoyed working with the employees the management directly to my trade was fairly well executed. The work environment was mostly friendly among Flint tradesman, but the supervision, and a lack of organization made the environment often turn stressful. The upper management was disorganized, took shortcuts on safety, construction and most of all communication.
Pros
Free food room and board, and a good wage
Cons
stressful work environment occasionally, tiring hours, and seclusion
excellent
Pipeline Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2015
Great place to work, great pay great benefits great crew to bad there wasnt anymore projects going on at the moment i wish i was still there
Find a better company!
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nexen Long Lake30 November 2013
Corporate agendas overun everyday work life, no tools for the job, safety officers used as henchman for upper management.
Fun company with good employees
JDE Sr. Business Analyst/Support Analyst(1 year) (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 August 2015
I was introducing new functionality to the team and they learned quickly and was able to match it to their current business. While providing support the clients were fun to work with.
Pros
Good employees and management
Cons
Transportation between office buildings
Very knowledgeable workplace
Equipment Coordinator, Surmont 2 (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 October 2012
Start at 6:30 A.M. till 5:30 P.M.
SAG D Project.....steam assisted gravity drainage
I enjoy meeting new people and have the best crew of co workers anyone could ask for. The cold weather is the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable is the knowledge of information and the learning that I am receiving from co workers and management.
Pros
i enjoy working 14 days on and 7 off
Cons
distance from home
great company to work for
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  burstall, joffre30 April 2012
when at burstall BP plant it was a great bunch of people to work with. there was goood organization of the work. When at Joffre there was the show of trust in your employees. I have worked for Flint thru different branches and each time I have found that you management staff to be one of the top of my list to work for and one that other companies should strive to be like.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
short term
Construction Administrator (Current Employee) –  Meg Energy Conklin, Alberta19 August 2012
I work in fast paced atmosphere for 11 hours a day. My days go by fast. The oilfield is very busy place. Management here are awesome to work with. I cannot say there is anything hard about this job as everyone works as a team and that is very important to me.
Most enjoyable part of this job is the people I work with.
Pros
the pay is very good
Cons
waking up at 430am :)
lots of jobs, worked in a good team
Pipefitter/Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB20 July 2013
building plants with flint provides lots of work
lots to learn from good foremans and superintendents
head office seems to out of the loop and not very helpful sometimes but most everyone else are enjoyable to work with.
Pros
fairly relaxed work environment
Cons
confusion in management and fairly cheap on supplies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FLINT ENERGY. Our community is ready to answer.