Flint Energy services Employee Reviews

Productive Work Enviornment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  calgary14 November 2016
Great place to work heavy Industrial setting. learned all out about heavy equipent and out of town work. The best part of the job was learing how to opperate exuipment.
Pros
Heavy equipment
Cons
Low wage poor living conditios in camp
Great company once upon a time
Apprentice Instrumentation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC8 October 2016
The trucks and tools needed up grading but the work was steady and the bosses were good, I was kept pretty steady working and they gave me a chance when I was first starting out.
Productive & Fun Workplace
Senior Desktop Analyst (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 April 2016
The workplace environment was fun, friendly and very productive. I was hired as contractor at the time and learned the business and the way their Service Desk\Desktop deal with their customers.
Pros
Friendly & Productive
Cons
very limited
good work related experience in manufacturing
Line Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2016
coil or crate plastic pipe for shipping to customers from 200 ft extruder and cooling assembly line
drive forklift and loaders to inventory items
rotating 2 week 12 hour shifts
Pros
got to use fork lifts and loaders they were fun
Cons
12 hour rotating day night shifts
Quiet, boring, predictable
Reception/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 August 2015
Not much more to say. Management refused me promotion multiple times due to dyslexia, though swore it had never presented itself as an issue in the past. Refused the raise that would have accompanied the promotion because I was at the top of my wage bracket.
ejoyable work experiance
pipe fitter/hydro test (Former Employee) –  makay river26 April 2015
Started the day with a tool box meeting.Safty is a priority.Worked with a very knowlegable team.worked installing the largest valves I have ever seen.very cool.installed, bolt up,hydro test,reinstate,and recommitioning
Pros
good work experiance
Cons
non
great company
1st Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 May 2014
Site was very good and I learned alot from them Very flexible management
A typical day at FireBag
Test Pack Coordinator, FireBag Phase 3 (Former Employee) –  Ft Macay Alberta30 April 2014
Arrive at work at Approx 6:am to prepare work day for workers with G.F's. What I mostly learned here was the final process of turning the completed job over to the owners. Management was very easy to work with and my coworkers as well as myself were willing to share their knowledge to make our jobs run smoothly. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the priorities of what should be completed next The most enjoyable part was when we got out tests done completed and passed by owners representatives. It gave a great feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Great crews to work with
Cons
Lunches to take to work in some camps could be better.
Good company to work for
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, AB24 March 2014
Good over all work safety and team work practices;

I have experienced good team spirit, made good friends in the process and all in all enjoyed my time working for this company
Pros
Some job locations have good camp facilities
Cons
Not all job locations have access to the best camps facilities
i want to work back with flint
JOURNEYMAN PIPE FITTER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 January 2014
hope there stiil slot for me here with flint. i was a former flint emloyee and im still love to work with them ..workers are so helful and all the staff are so generous
Corporate Job Culture
Body Vac Driver (Former Employee) –  Lashburn, SK30 December 2013
My reasons for leaving a numerous but the biggest is at the time I had to drive 1.5hrs to get to work and although I asked to be transferred nothing came of it.
Quality
Pipefitter / Welder (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 November 2013
Excellent company and employees they are a very good company to work for and will work for them again
Great First Job
Pipe fitter/Welder helper (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB29 July 2013
For the amount of Physical labor and long hours that you work the money is not enough.
That is what you get for no education and first job in the oil and gas.
Pros
Made me go back to school
Cons
24 and 4 shift
Worked on site for a pipeline project for the last 14 months
Project Controller - Surmont 2 Project, Anzac (Former Employee) –  Anzac, BC26 July 2013
Great company to work with.
Great people to work for.
Great experience working on the pipeline job.
Lots of time spent in the field.
Great People and Great Safety Program
EHS Corporate Lead (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB10 May 2013
During the last year I was involved in two major elements for Flint's Corporate EHS department. The first one was integration of an acquired company and the other one was ensuring there was compliance and consistency with the internal auditing process through all of North American Operations. This provided me business knowledge of Flint. These two projects created a lot of travel and a large decrease with work-life balance.

Management within Flint were very knowledgable and great to work for. I looked at many of them as mentors and coaches. My co-workers were just as great. We really learned to be resourceful with one another. I was able to build many trusting relationships with my colleagues.

The hardest part about working for the Flint Corporate Safety Department was the travel and being away from home. I really missed my routine and work/life balance.

The most enjoyable part was the experience of meeting and building relationships with all levels professionals within Flint. I was a leader who was able to engage people into the Flint Safety Management System.
Pros
Flexible hours, vacation, people
Cons
travel, lack of work/life balance, lack of career pathing
good relationship with management
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Albian Sands4 April 2013
Started our day with our tool box talk then we did our stretches.After this we were given our job for the day.Their was room for advancement if a person did a good job they could be promoted.Employees always helped each other.
Lots of hard work
CREW TRUCK OPERATOR-FRONT END SWAMPER (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB15 February 2013
Flint still stands as a great company to work for.
Taking on more and more facility work which requires a certain type of employee. Lots of Safety.
Pros
pay after 8 hrs
Cons
no cons
Great company!
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray25 January 2013
The company was owned by my father and he sold it to retire. Also, I'm having trouble with this website. If you'd like me to resend either my resume or ACSA transcript, feel free to email or call.
great money,
Welders Helper / Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 November 2012
day to day welding, and helping ticketed welder.
learned a lot about welding and how do run heavy equipment after i was done helping the welder or there was no welding for the day. cut back the pipe line ditch were needed.
Co-workers were awesome, real friendly, didn't see much of the management mostly due to being so out in the field. or i was to busy to notice them around.
nothing real hard about this job,
most enjoyable part of the job was the completion of our every day work.
Best place to work
B" Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  edmonton30 October 2012
Flint in shervood park, edmonton one of the best place to work,talking about welder's and thei job's.managment just perfect,i mean thei now how to control job and worker's.this place its very organaized.