Flint Energy services Employee Reviews

Construction Specialists (since rebranded)
Electrical Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alberta, Canada20 September 2017
Flint Energy Services has since been purchased by a larger company and rebranded. They produced an abundance of construction specialists that are still employed in the oil & gas industry today.
Enjoyed working for this company very much
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB29 August 2017
My typical day at work for this company was learning how to build scaffolding in different types of situations. The hardest part of the job was physically demanding, pulling up scaffolding gear from extreme heights, which was actually enjoyable because of the hard workout you get from pulling the rope. I did lot's climbing, packing heavy gear, and worked with alot of good people.
Pros
Wages
Cons
working out side in the extreme cold in the winter time.
Good team of guys to work with
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 July 2017
Good physical job that keeps you busy. Treated well my management. The work enviroment wasnt always the most pleasent. All in all it was a good job to have.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Some operators werent the safest
very fast paced environment. safety was there, but, not prevalent
Instrumentation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB12 July 2017
I worked a couple years for Flint, during the Titan Electric takeover. My job was fairly secure, but, many of my colleagues with families, I felt for during their layoffs.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
the inconsistency of steady work.
Good company to work for!
Job Cost Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB24 April 2017
I was lucky enough to work with very talented people on many projects throughout my employment with Flint Energy Services. I learned a lot and grew within my desired field.
Great team atmosphere
Journeyman Electrician/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 April 2017
At Flint I had a fantastic experience. They really went out of their way to make sure that everyone was properly trained and had all of the tools and equipment necessary to do the job efficiently and safely
High stress work
Procurement Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 March 2017
Management at times not available huge personal turn over there IT support first rate training was first rate the company was production driven not a place for the mild and meek
Pros
Nice give aways
Cons
Management lacks exoerience
good place to learn and great bunch of workers
Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 March 2017
*supervisors were not nice during my time there but there were good employees and trainers
*safety is a big part of a days work which i really liked
*this company gave me my start into the oil industry when no one else did , i would work for them again if given the chance
*leaning new pieces of equipment and how to drive and run the truck was the best part of the job
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
long hours and long shifts
Productive Work Enviornment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  calgary14 November 2016
Great place to work heavy Industrial setting. learned all out about heavy equipent and out of town work. The best part of the job was learing how to opperate exuipment.
Pros
Heavy equipment
Cons
Low wage poor living conditios in camp
Great company once upon a time
Apprentice Instrumentation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC8 October 2016
The trucks and tools needed up grading but the work was steady and the bosses were good, I was kept pretty steady working and they gave me a chance when I was first starting out.
Productive & Fun Workplace
Senior Desktop Analyst (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 April 2016
The workplace environment was fun, friendly and very productive. I was hired as contractor at the time and learned the business and the way their Service Desk\Desktop deal with their customers.
Pros
Friendly & Productive
Cons
very limited
good work related experience in manufacturing
Line Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2016
coil or crate plastic pipe for shipping to customers from 200 ft extruder and cooling assembly line
drive forklift and loaders to inventory items
rotating 2 week 12 hour shifts
Pros
got to use fork lifts and loaders they were fun
Cons
12 hour rotating day night shifts
Quiet, boring, predictable
Reception/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 August 2015
Not much more to say. Management refused me promotion multiple times due to dyslexia, though swore it had never presented itself as an issue in the past. Refused the raise that would have accompanied the promotion because I was at the top of my wage bracket.
ejoyable work experiance
pipe fitter/hydro test (Former Employee) –  makay river26 April 2015
Started the day with a tool box meeting.Safty is a priority.Worked with a very knowlegable team.worked installing the largest valves I have ever seen.very cool.installed, bolt up,hydro test,reinstate,and recommitioning
Pros
good work experiance
Cons
non
A typical day at FireBag
Test Pack Coordinator, FireBag Phase 3 (Former Employee) –  Ft Macay Alberta30 April 2014
Arrive at work at Approx 6:am to prepare work day for workers with G.F's. What I mostly learned here was the final process of turning the completed job over to the owners. Management was very easy to work with and my coworkers as well as myself were willing to share their knowledge to make our jobs run smoothly. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the priorities of what should be completed next The most enjoyable part was when we got out tests done completed and passed by owners representatives. It gave a great feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Great crews to work with
Cons
Lunches to take to work in some camps could be better.
Good company to work for
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, AB24 March 2014
Good over all work safety and team work practices;

I have experienced good team spirit, made good friends in the process and all in all enjoyed my time working for this company
Pros
Some job locations have good camp facilities
Cons
Not all job locations have access to the best camps facilities
i want to work back with flint
JOURNEYMAN PIPE FITTER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 January 2014
hope there stiil slot for me here with flint. i was a former flint emloyee and im still love to work with them ..workers are so helful and all the staff are so generous
Corporate Job Culture
Body Vac Driver (Former Employee) –  Lashburn, SK30 December 2013
My reasons for leaving a numerous but the biggest is at the time I had to drive 1.5hrs to get to work and although I asked to be transferred nothing came of it.
Quality
Pipefitter / Welder (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 November 2013
Excellent company and employees they are a very good company to work for and will work for them again
Great First Job
Pipe fitter/Welder helper (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB29 July 2013
For the amount of Physical labor and long hours that you work the money is not enough.
That is what you get for no education and first job in the oil and gas.
Pros
Made me go back to school
Cons
24 and 4 shift