Flint Energy services Employee Reviews in Canada

good work related experience in manufacturing
Line Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2016
coil or crate plastic pipe for shipping to customers from 200 ft extruder and cooling assembly line
drive forklift and loaders to inventory items
rotating 2 week 12 hour shifts
Pros
got to use fork lifts and loaders they were fun
Cons
12 hour rotating day night shifts
Quiet, boring, predictable
Reception/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  AlbertaAugust 10, 2015
Not much more to say. Management refused me promotion multiple times due to dyslexia, though swore it had never presented itself as an issue in the past. Refused the raise that would have accompanied the promotion because I was at the top of my wage bracket.
ejoyable work experiance
pipe fitter/hydro test (Former Employee) –  makay riverApril 26, 2015
Started the day with a tool box meeting.Safty is a priority.Worked with a very knowlegable team.worked installing the largest valves I have ever seen.very cool.installed, bolt up,hydro test,reinstate,and recommitioning
Pros
good work experiance
Cons
non
A typical day at FireBag
Test Pack Coordinator, FireBag Phase 3 (Former Employee) –  Ft Macay AlbertaApril 30, 2014
Arrive at work at Approx 6:am to prepare work day for workers with G.F's. What I mostly learned here was the final process of turning the completed job over to the owners. Management was very easy to work with and my coworkers as well as myself were willing to share their knowledge to make our jobs run smoothly. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the priorities of what should be completed next The most enjoyable part was when we got out tests done completed and passed by owners representatives. It gave a great feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
great crews to work with
Cons
lunches to take to work in some camps could be better.
great money,
Welders Helper / Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 28, 2012
day to day welding, and helping ticketed welder.
learned a lot about welding and how do run heavy equipment after i was done helping the welder or there was no welding for the day. cut back the pipe line ditch were needed.
Co-workers were awesome, real friendly, didn't see much of the management mostly due to being so out in the field. or i was to busy to notice them around.
nothing real hard about this job,
most enjoyable part of the job was the completion of our every day work.
good place top work pending on the immediate management
Field Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  northern BCJuly 19, 2012
Seems like they could be a pretty good employeer, Their culture from within could use with a little revamp. From what I have experienced the upper eeschelon think that they are bullet proof and invicible. Yea people firest, but these people should not be a lowly worker. Workers get very little respect.
Pros
lots of potentila to succeed
Cons
no respect from upper management towards field personnel
Loved working for Flint!
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJuly 10, 2013
Hello,

I loved working for Flint! Loved the interaction with everyone. Being the Corporate Receptionist, I had the pleasure of dealing with everyone from the person off the street looking for work to the Bosses of the Bosses!

I sadly had to leave when I was due to have my baby and decided to stay at home with her, but I loved working there!

xx
Good company to work for
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, ABMarch 24, 2014
Good over all work safety and team work practices;

I have experienced good team spirit, made good friends in the process and all in all enjoyed my time working for this company
Pros
some job locations have good camp facilities
Cons
not all job locations have access to the best camps facilities
Good company to work for
Piping General foreman CLRP Project (Former Employee) –  Conklin, ABJuly 4, 2012
Daily Foreman routines incude meeting with General Foremens and Super Intendents to review daily work plans, preforming tailgate meetings, setting crew up for daily work loads, daily check for safety hazzards and monitoring crews for work quality.
i had a good experiance woking with flint.i was indentured with them.i look fwrd to working with the company in the near future
Apprentice pipefitter (Former Employee) –  firebagOctober 5, 2012
i am identured with flint,i worked at fb3,and fb4 site.we were promised jobs in the future.hope to be working soon tks
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
weather
good relationship with management
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Albian SandsApril 4, 2013
Started our day with our tool box talk then we did our stretches.After this we were given our job for the day.Their was room for advancement if a person did a good job they could be promoted.Employees always helped each other.
Decent company to work for. Pay and benefits are very reasonable. Look forward to working with company again in the future.
Electrical Foreman/Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 24, 2012
Work hours are usually 10 hours a day with the occasional 12 hour days. Last job was able to work on multiple aspects of electrical (cable tray, pulling cable, heat trace, working with various drawings, etc.). Management was good with trying to help as needed. Co-workers at my last job were very knowledgeable and pleasure to work around.
Hardest part of my last job was the lack of organization of work handed out to various crews at times and keeping things in order. This made for challenges but through communication and coordination work was able to be accomplished.
Best part of the job is getting to know various people around the country and sharing a common goal of completing a project.
Pros
friendly people to work with, pay rate is comparable to other companies, company is able to keep getting contracts
Cons
lack of proper tools, equipment and materials.
overall =GOOD
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurry ABMay 16, 2012
I learned alot while at flint.
The co woorkers were good for the most part.
The hardest thing to deal with is , hurry up and wait.
Job well done is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
saftey is for sure #1 with flint.
Cons
communication could be better.
Flint
Administration assistant/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grande PrairieMay 23, 2012
Was hired as a administration assistant and was moved around to four different jobs. Ended up being a welders helper. I needed to do what they wanted me to do in order to keep my job.
Pros
good hours.
Cons
bad managment
Best place to work
B" Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  edmontonOctober 30, 2012
Flint in shervood park, edmonton one of the best place to work,talking about welder's and thei job's.managment just perfect,i mean thei now how to control job and worker's.this place its very organaized.
Worked on site for a pipeline project for the last 14 months
Project Controller - Surmont 2 Project, Anzac (Former Employee) –  Anzac, BCJuly 26, 2013
Great company to work with.
Great people to work for.
Great experience working on the pipeline job.
Lots of time spent in the field.
Great First Job
Pipe fitter/Welder helper (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABJuly 29, 2013
For the amount of Physical labor and long hours that you work the money is not enough.
That is what you get for no education and first job in the oil and gas.
Pros
made me go back to school
Cons
24 and 4 shift
Messed up a lot of pay periods
Operator/ Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 29, 2012
Many times I have had my pay messed up with promises of having it fixed only to have it not fixed or added to the next pay so it is taxed. Besides that it is a great place to work
Cons
missed pay
Lots of hard work
CREW TRUCK OPERATOR-FRONT END SWAMPER (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABFebruary 15, 2013
Flint still stands as a great company to work for.
Taking on more and more facility work which requires a certain type of employee. Lots of Safety.
Pros
pay after 8 hrs
Cons
no cons
i want to work back with flint
JOURNEYMAN PIPE FITTER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 31, 2014
hope there stiil slot for me here with flint. i was a former flint emloyee and im still love to work with them ..workers are so helful and all the staff are so generous