FlightSafety International Employee Reviews

Fast pace and great learning experience
Lead Flight Instructor, SAT (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FL17 November 2017
Good training for structure required for safe operations in flight and in aviation in general.
Pay is low but fair when weighed against the name recognition for Flight safety within the industry, The benefits offered are some of the best in the industry and counter the low hourly rate.
Good place, great people
Technology Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX7 November 2017
FlightSafety International is a very good place to work. People are nice and supportive. The pay scale is slightly below market value. If you do your job well, you are fairly secure in your position. Not a lot of rapid advancement.
Pros
Nice environment, great people
Cons
Slow to change, not technologically advanced
An Amazing work environment
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OK3 October 2017
I worked at flightsafety for 8 years. I resigned from my position. it's my mistake I should have stayed but you live and you learn from your mistakes.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Night shift had little training
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TX8 September 2017
I was set up for failure by the co-worker whom knew I could surpass his skills with the equipment. I was trained in BROKEN ARROW, OK, and what they schooled was not what was enforced at the facility.
Pros
free flight time in simulator
Cons
long hours.
Wonderful Place to Work
Customer Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas28 August 2017
Great work culture, easy upward movement and managers that actively care about their employees. Free lunches twice a week with Roth 401k. Most employees need a pilots license to perform duties.
Professional
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX2 August 2017
I had a very good experience working for this company. Everyone there was very nice to work with on a daily basis. In hindsight, I wish I had continued working there.
Pros
Solid company with some room for advancement
Cons
Not really
Fast pace professional place to work, could use improvement on employee retention
Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TX30 July 2017
Very, very fast paced high stress job. Lots to learn. Frequent change of management and employees.
Fun competitions and events from time to time. Lots of fun.
Pros
Nice cafeteria, Clean environment, Excellent training for clients
Cons
Very cold, Micro managed, Unvalued employees
Stable
Operation Duty Officer (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FL16 July 2017
Stable company to be able to start your aviation career with. Knowledgeable aviation individuals that are willing to share and help develope a young aviation mind.
Great place to work!
Deskside Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH3 July 2017
The Team is extremely professional. They respect each other's opinions and work very well together. In a typical day, I am working very closely with the team to ensure their computers and other technology are performing optimally. I've learned a great deal about how pilots are certified. The most enjoyable part of the job is collaborating with subject matter experts on the proprietary aspects of the company.

Overall, I feel this is a great place to work!
Pros
Autonomous environment
Cons
Limited support for proprietary software
Conservative but familial environment
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX23 June 2017
Enjoy the aviation environment. Not many chances for advancement.
Long term workers there. Center Manager making an effort which is appreciated. Not everyone compensated fairly.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Low vacation day accural
Innovation Was the Key
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OK6 June 2017
I was privileged to help grow FlightSafety International's Simulation Division from a small, almost "garage shop" operation into a world class design and manufacturing facility.
Pros
Working with talented and creative people to create state of the art simulation equipment.
Cons
Managment "Fad of the Month" mentality.
Fun work place
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX13 April 2017
Awsome place to start but not to move forward. I have enjoyed my time there but not sure if it's a good career move. To many uncertainties with management direction and company direction.
great family-type company to work for
Aviation Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX14 March 2017
Work days are very busy, as policies are always changing. I have learned many things about aviation that I never knew before. Management was absolutely wonderful when I first started. the culture is very family-oriented. The most challenging part was understanding all the different policies for different aircrafts. I most enjoyed my co-workers. They made coming to work easy and fun.
Conditions de travail
Instructeur et examinateur EASA-FAA PART 66 (Former Employee) –  Le Bourget (93)2 March 2017
Entreprise épanouissante proféssionnellement (instruction, formation, environnement) et humainement (pour sa diversité).
A good company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO9 February 2017
A good company to work for. Great technology and a focus on aviation safety by building equipment used in training pilots.
Pros
Company mission
Horrible place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX24 January 2017
Only as a stepping stone for a pilot who is between Jobs! If your work at Flight safety as a instructor you will work long hours, back side of clock, poor support to accomplish your job and low pay.
Pros
money is enough till you can find another job
Cons
see the review
No advancement within the company
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OK10 January 2017
Any tools you need you have to purchase/provide yourself.
There is no rush to complete task, a lot of not working going on.
Benefits include a lot of paid holidays, and good insurance.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Low pay, must buy all your tools
A Unique Experience
Instructional Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO6 January 2017
The work was not hard and there was the opportunity to learn something new about aviation every day, not always something you needed to learn but interesting. There was always work to be done and it seemed like everyone was truly nice and fun to work with, always willing to help out.
While not always particularly interesting work there is an element of necessity that helps the job feel like it makes a difference.
I noticed that there wasn't always great project management and tasks could get bogged down and bloated by constantly adding project stakeholders or not exercising scope control.
Pros
Amazing people, flexible hours, lots of free food, easy work if you have the skills, always something going on
Cons
Lack of orientation process, lots of red tape, hit or miss communication between departments and centers, very old school management
Get experience and run
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS18 November 2016
A good company to get your foot in the door of the training industry. Climbing through the ranks can be difficult if not impossible. Learn as much as you can and look for opportunities outside the company.
Great environment
Software Engineer V (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO17 November 2016
Management listens and cares about employees.
Good collaborative atmosphere, relaxed yet productive.
Smartest team I have worked with.
Good work/life balance.