FlightNetwork.com is an online travel agency delivering the lowest airfares from the top airlines. We offer customers access to over 2 million bulk rates on cheap flights and our proprietary booking engine offers last second booking and the exclusive ability “mix and match” fares. In 2013, FlightNetwork was ranked by PROFIT Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in Canada for the fourth year in a row. Today, FlightNetwork continues to grow!
You will be providing technical leadership to multiple front end developer teams located in Canada as well as our development center in India.
- Lead the design and implementation of the next generation of the front end for FlightNetwork.com
- Lead the maintenance and refactoring of the presentation layer of current web applications
- Mentor other developers and work on improving their knowledge and skills
- Apply your knowledge of software engineering and front end engineering to tune and optimize FlightNetwork.com’s web and mobile products for performance and code quality
- Establish team best engineering practices and manage development processes at a high level including unit testing, code reviews, etc.
- Work with user teams and departments to review business requirements, evolve code designs and implementation schemas
- A deep understanding of web standards and the HTTP protocol
- Ability to write modular, object oriented and reusable code for UI components
- A passion for writing high quality test-driven code
- Deep understanding of front end performance testing, debugging and tuning
- Cross platform experience including desktop, mobile and tablet
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field, or an equivalent level of experience
- Minimum 3-5 years programming experience
- Ability to lead and mentor other developers
- Understand principles of Agile Development;
- Experience working in e-commerce;
- Experience with Adobe Test-end Target and other A/B Testing Platforms;\
- Experience with Site Catalyst;
- Familiar with On-Page SEO best practices;
- Knowledge of W3C;
Why work at FlightNetwork.com?
- Competitive Salary;
- Benefits Package – Health, Dental, and Vision;
- Vacation time, plus sick days and a floating personal day;
- Growth and development opportunities.
We thank all candidates in their interest, but only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NO AGENCIES, THANK YOU