Are you a natural born killer when it comes to online marketing? Are you passionate about e-commerce and firmly believe that it’s the only future channel that matters? Are you an achiever that finds himself/herself at home in a fast-paced, data-driven growth industry?
If this sounds like you, search no further! We are looking for a true online marketing shark who can promote/sell anything to anyone and salivates when hearing words like CPC, conversion rate, analytics and relationship management. You will be dealing with comparison travel sites such as TripAdvisor, TravelZoo, Cheapflights, Kayak, always on a quest to form relationships with other key players. You are very familiar with the digital marketing scene with some knowledge of the travel industry. You need to be able to create effective marketing pitches to both internal and external stakeholders, while calculating CPC’s, CPA’s and CPM’s in your sleep.
- Generate new and manage existing business opportunities within the comparison shopping (3rd party) travel portfolio.
- Responsible for optimizing and renegotiating rates on existing and new products
- Manage and grow relationships with third party vendors
- Achieve an in-depth understanding of success metrics related to driving profit on various products and programs
- Create opportunities to further penetrate existing accounts to maximize company-wide revenue by actively cross selling new product verticals
- Monitor account and campaign wide performance for patterns, flaws or possible improvements
- Competitive research, analysis, and recommendations on comparison sites to assist in business development efforts;
- Prepare budget worksheets, forecasting and ongoing analysis of revenue and associated marketing spend
- Become actively engaged in all facets of both, the travel sector and the e-commerce model
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or a diploma in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Experience in negotiating, purchasing and managing a variety of online media campaigns (banners, emails, contextual etc.);
- Experience with various deal structures including CPM, CPC, and CPA;
- Proven ability managing multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects;
- Proven record of achieving consistently positive sales results;
- Strong problem solving / analytical and research skills, to translate insights into profits;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment;
- Travel Industry experience an asset;
- Familiarity with web analytics (Omniture / Google Analytics) and financial modelling an asset.