Position: Finance Clerk
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Job Type: Full-Time, 6 month Contract
FlightNetwork is seeking an individual to join our team as a full-time Finance Clerk on a 6-month contract. The incumbent will be responsible for inputting and recording accounting transactions for FlightNetwork’s Western Vacations. This position will have potential to become a permanent, full-time role within the organization.
- Entering booking data into system to create invoices.
- Posting cheques against invoices.
- Investigating booking/vendor issues as required.
- General book keeping.
- Assisting management with year-end accounting activities.
- 0-2 years experience in a similar role.
- Professional experience in an office setting.
- University degree or college diploma in: business/accounting/commerce, preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills when dealing with financial analysis
- Superior knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Ability to organize, prioritize and make decisions that require innovative thinking
- Attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently
FlightNetwork.com is one of Canada's leaders in the online travel industry and named two years consecutively by PROFIT magazine as one of the 100 fastest growing companies in Canada.
Globally positioned in 3 countries and 5 offices, our staff of over 300 employees work tirelessly to offer highly discounted prices for domestic and international airfares as well as hotels, cruises, vacation packages, and car rentals. Customers can book their travel online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or phone our call center where our travel specialists can help create customized itineraries.
Today, we continue to grow through innovative technology, our proprietary travel booking engine offers consumers the advantages of last second booking. In a matter of a few clicks, we provide total flexibility and choice of departure times with searches of over 250 airfares per transaction. The unique mix and match fares allow booking on different airlines for departure and return flights, ultimately allowing you to get the lowest fares possible.