Flight Centre

Flight Centre Employee Reviews

Amazing company creating a great culture around its people and clients!
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 25, 2016
My typical day consists of goal setting, customer service for clients, sales and helping clients plan their dream vacations! I have learned over the course of my time with this company how much I love being busy and wearing different hats within the business! From helping a client get home to see family they haven't seen in a long time, to creating a plan for someone's first trip ever! My co-workers that I have met along my journey are not just co-workers, they have become my family. The hardest part of my job is having someone have to go on a trip for unforeseen circumstances. The most enjoyable part of my job is creating people's travel dreams!
International Travel Consultant
Travel Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
Great Company to work at. Monthly supplier dinners and parties so there is a lot of opportunity to learn in the company. Because you are looking for packages all day long it gives you lots of opportunity to find some great deals for yourself.
Pros
Free travel, lots of parties, great management and suppliers
Cons
Pay structure, work life balance
Was a very free spirit company with great bonuses and commissions, your job and co-workers became your family over a short time.
Flight Consultant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 15, 2016
A typical day at work was very laid back with a bit of competitiveness with in stores and surrounding areas, with wonderful bonuses and perks. If you love to travel this company is totally for you. Not only do you get to learn about the wonderful exciting world we live in but you get unlimited changes to travel it. Don't get me wrong at times it was hard to hit quotas but your co-workers and management always tired to help or assist in anything to help you hit your goals and/or quotas.
Pros
Great bonuses !
Cons
Hard to keep friends outside of work family
Enjoyable Work Place
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 3, 2016
I personally enjoyed talking and communicating with all clients. I enjoyed being apart of a Family memory and with booking multiple trips throughout my career.
Pros
Travel Perks
Cons
Long Hours
Pressure Sales, NO WORK/LIFE Balance!
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC, CanadaJune 8, 2013
I had to quit working with the company due to bad management and the pressure that they put on travel agents to mark people up in order to hit sales targets.

I used to be in used car sales, and I found travel agents to be more sleazy and the pressure was enough to drive me to stress leave. The atmosphere is almost always surrounding getting drunk and after work activities. If you cannot participate then you are almost an outcast and the catty travel agents talk behind your back. Not saying they are all bad, you know who you are. The pay just isn't worth the amount of hours that have to put in. I averaged the amount of hrs based on my average pay, including commission, and I averaged about $8.50/hr with benefits.

My suggestion is to work at head office in Vancouver or get there as soon as possible. Stay away from Victoria and Vancouver Island! (except Woodgrove in Nanaimo)

This is a great entry level position, as you are trained for 2 weeks and get to learn A LOT, in a very short period of time. I got to travel to Vietnam, Seattle and Vancouver for Familiarization trips for really cheap and for conferences and even a ball. I was there for a year, and let me tell you, you either love it or you hate it. I am the type of person that would like to work the hours scheduled and go home, not have clients call me with nightmare flight emergencies, and stay overtime almost daily.

Good Luck!
Pros
benefits, parties, travelling, work experience
Cons
long hours, low pay, work-life balance, catty coworkers
High stress, high reward workplace. Fun work place, high energy
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  North York, ONFebruary 13, 2013
Working in a mall, the hours varied. I definitely learned to be more organized and to keeps notes on everything (a paper trail is your best friend in certain instances). Management was amazing, I never made it to that role, but I was up for consideration for two positions. My co-workers were my family and are still great supportive friends. There were weeks (a lot of them) where I saw them for more hours then my own family. Which brings me to the hardest part, work/life balance. No matter how hard your tried it never worked. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the company in a whole. Amazing company to work for.
Pros
incentives
Cons
work/life balance
Enjoyable environement, rapidly changing, with a nice staff
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OnMarch 28, 2013
Very nice environment, looking to broaden my horizon. I have nothing but great things to say about the management staff, and the challenge is quite enjoyable working with a variety of different characters daily. However the days are long and I am currently looking for something different.
Pros
help new people daily
Cons
long strenuous work days
great company, great people, fun enviroment
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2014
All in all a great environment with the potential to develop a exceptional work ethic. Strong focus on achieving targets and working hard
.....
International Travel Consultant, Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2014
Lots of fun and great opportunity to learn and expand your horizons.