Flight Centre Employee Reviews

A great workplace atmosphere
International Travel Consultant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Flight Centre has probably the best overall atmosphere as a company altogether. The concept of being a "flightie" is an amazing experience, from becoming a "Newie" to advancing in your career, Flight Centre is an amazing company to work for. I enjoyed my time working for Flight Centre very much.
Badly managed, their goals are too far out and they dont train their staff properly.
Executive (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
the actual job is fun, loading and unloading planes, being around aircraft, towing and all of that is good. the company itself is poorly managed and if management does not like you they will drive you out of the company. they treat their employees unfairly, often favoring those who are just friends with the management team and not paying attention to those who actually work and do their job. they do not train their personnel properly.
Fun workplace with advantages of building relationships
International Travel Sales Manager/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2017
I had the chance to work with Flight Centre for almost a year now. I had definitely improved in communication skills and creating the personal relationships with my clientele. I loved the management and I enjoyed the work culture and the atmosphere I was around at Flight Centre. The hardest part about the job is being able to balance the work/life aspects. I did love the social aspect behind Flight centre and being able to build a family atmosphere with my coworkers.
Enjoyable Place to work
Executive (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
This is a fantastic place to work. You feel like family once you walk through the doors. Management is supportive and willing to adapt to all employees.
Pros
Pleasant people to work
yxa
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 April 2017
very pleasant to work for nice environment agent are very knowledeagble best place very nice people the place was very clean and the staff were very kind this is a very noce plca to work and travelaround the world the best place
Great people to work with
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  BC29 March 2017
There are many incredible people that I've had the pleasure to meet and work with. The Australian culture of the company is evident in the way the people interact.
Some perks but so much stress
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON31 December 2016
The salary is basically minimum wage but you are expected to work "as many hours as necessary" so some weeks this can be 60 hours a week. Unsympathetic management
Fun job with very little pay
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
This place is an amazing place to work if you want to love what you do but don't see the pay behind it. It's a very fun environment with really awesome people but the upper management, who say they are a complete open door, have a lack of respect for the front line staff and are actually difficult to talk to.
Pros
conferences out of country, travel benefits
Cons
long hours, little pay, and a steep learning curve
Fun company
Assistant Manager and Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC19 October 2016
What other company is going to give you free travel? Global conferences each year? Yearly award ceremonies? It is however catered more so toward the younger crowd.
Great company, great benefits, needs better balance
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 October 2016
Flight Centre overall is a great company to work for, but you need to put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears to make it work for you. Salary is low, the potential to earn lots is there but you need to work for it.
Pros
Travel, great people
Cons
No work/life balance
Not just a job...but a career
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  VANCOUVER, CANADA27 September 2016
I have been with the company 11 years, and love every minute of it! They have empowered me to be a part of every aspect of the business, encouraged me to travel the globe, and has filled my life with extraordinary people!

The opportunities are endless, and are based on your qualifications, work ethic and enthusiasm. This company appreciates, rewards and supports their employees, in a way I have never seen before.

I consider myself lucky to be part of this organization, whom I now consider my family!
Pros
Travel benefits, Amazing company culture, Recognition galore
Cons
None so far
Amazing company creating a great culture around its people and clients!
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 August 2016
My typical day consists of goal setting, customer service for clients, sales and helping clients plan their dream vacations! I have learned over the course of my time with this company how much I love being busy and wearing different hats within the business! From helping a client get home to see family they haven't seen in a long time, to creating a plan for someone's first trip ever! My co-workers that I have met along my journey are not just co-workers, they have become my family. The hardest part of my job is having someone have to go on a trip for unforeseen circumstances. The most enjoyable part of my job is creating people's travel dreams!
Was a very free spirit company with great bonuses and commissions, your job and co-workers became your family over a short time.
Flight Consultant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 July 2016
A typical day at work was very laid back with a bit of competitiveness with in stores and surrounding areas, with wonderful bonuses and perks. If you love to travel this company is totally for you. Not only do you get to learn about the wonderful exciting world we live in but you get unlimited changes to travel it. Don't get me wrong at times it was hard to hit quotas but your co-workers and management always tired to help or assist in anything to help you hit your goals and/or quotas.
Pros
Great bonuses !
Cons
Hard to keep friends outside of work family
Enjoyable Work Place
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 June 2016
I personally enjoyed talking and communicating with all clients. I enjoyed being apart of a Family memory and with booking multiple trips throughout my career.
Pros
Travel Perks
Cons
Long Hours
Hit and miss
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
I love the management as they really are fantastic. What I don't like is the policies and the lack of reward for employees who have been employed with the company for a long period of time. I have never received a pay raise base on my performance.
Pros
Great manager. Good with training
Cons
Work/life balance, Pay salary
International Travel Consultant
Travel Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2016
Great Company to work at. Monthly supplier dinners and parties so there is a lot of opportunity to learn in the company. Because you are looking for packages all day long it gives you lots of opportunity to find some great deals for yourself.
Pros
Free travel, lots of parties, great management and suppliers
Cons
Pay structure, work life balance
I learned a lot, and will never go back
Assist Department - Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2016
Agents here are, in my opinion, are overworked and not rewarded or compensated for their unbelievable efforts. Poor management and unreasonable expectations.
Don't waste your time applying.
Travel sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ontario, Canada15 December 2015
I have been here for over two years.
If you have friends and family to go home too. At this job you can say good bye to your life.
You work over time, all the time and the pay is horrible.
The people who love working here, do not have a life outside of work or real bills (mortgages) to pay for.
You are asked to attend and participate in events outside of work hours and on your days off.

Most successful agents, work over 9 hours a day and work on their days off. Average you make is $27,000- $30,000 a year.

Being a travel agent is not as glamorous as it looks.
Book online!!!
Pros
Vacation time and perks of some discounted travel
Cons
long hours, low pay, you get a small percentage of your commission, too many uneccssary responsibilities.
TRAVEL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2015
Truly is a great place to work. The people you work with are fantastic. I made some really close friends here.
Training for this job is quite good as well. They like to take care of their employees.
Good fun company culture, but the salary is low
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Toronto30 June 2015
to be continued
I will come back and fill out at a later date - thanks for your patience
....
it's a good company
good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flight Centre. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9