Flight Centre Employee Review

View all Flight Centre reviews

A Fun Company to work for but not enough pay
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, on3 April 2013
Being a travel agent is an amazing experience. You develop relationships with your clients and co-workers and you learn a lot. The travel industry is forever changing. If you're looking to start a career with Flight Centre get ready to give them your blood, all your time because there will be NO work-life balance and you will be greatly underpaid.
Yes they train you really well. They want to cut costs by any means so you will be responsible for your booking (obviously), ledgers, banking, statements (some take about 2 hours to complete). They teach you how to run your own business which is Amazing knowledge to have. Then take 90% of everything you earn. I would consider investing a year with them to gain all the knowledge you can and then open your own business and make more money.
You will find that people are placed in positions by default and not by merit. If you do decide to start with Flight Centre please realize that location is key. Demand a position in the financial district or anywhere where you know the clientele will be high. Avoid working in malls like the plague.
Pros
the education
Cons
the pay and work life balance

Other Flight Centre Employee Reviews

Too much
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2017
This company is highly sales based and asks for targetsthat are nearly untainable. I would not reccomend this company. I feel that they are too numbers based.
A great workplace atmosphere
International Travel Consultant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Flight Centre has probably the best overall atmosphere as a company altogether. The concept of being a "flightie" is an amazing experience, from becoming a "Newie" to advancing in your career, Flight Centre is an amazing company to work for. I enjoyed my time working for Flight Centre very much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flight Centre. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9