Flight Centre Employee Reviews

yxa
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 April 2017
very pleasant to work for nice environment agent are very knowledeagble best place very nice people the place was very clean and the staff were very kind this is a very noce plca to work and travelaround the world the best place
Great people to work with
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  BC29 March 2017
There are many incredible people that I've had the pleasure to meet and work with. The Australian culture of the company is evident in the way the people interact.
Some perks but so much stress
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON31 December 2016
The salary is basically minimum wage but you are expected to work "as many hours as necessary" so some weeks this can be 60 hours a week. Unsympathetic management
Fun job with very little pay
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
This place is an amazing place to work if you want to love what you do but don't see the pay behind it. It's a very fun environment with really awesome people but the upper management, who say they are a complete open door, have a lack of respect for the front line staff and are actually difficult to talk to.
Pros
conferences out of country, travel benefits
Cons
long hours, little pay, and a steep learning curve
Fun company
Assistant Manager and Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC19 October 2016
What other company is going to give you free travel? Global conferences each year? Yearly award ceremonies? It is however catered more so toward the younger crowd.
Great company, great benefits, needs better balance
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 October 2016
Flight Centre overall is a great company to work for, but you need to put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears to make it work for you. Salary is low, the potential to earn lots is there but you need to work for it.
Pros
Travel, great people
Cons
No work/life balance
Not just a job...but a career
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  VANCOUVER, CANADA27 September 2016
I have been with the company 11 years, and love every minute of it! They have empowered me to be a part of every aspect of the business, encouraged me to travel the globe, and has filled my life with extraordinary people!

The opportunities are endless, and are based on your qualifications, work ethic and enthusiasm. This company appreciates, rewards and supports their employees, in a way I have never seen before.

I consider myself lucky to be part of this organization, whom I now consider my family!
Pros
TRAVEL BENEFITS, AMAZING COMPANY CULTURE, RECOGNITION GALORE
Cons
NONE SO FAR
Amazing company creating a great culture around its people and clients!
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 August 2016
My typical day consists of goal setting, customer service for clients, sales and helping clients plan their dream vacations! I have learned over the course of my time with this company how much I love being busy and wearing different hats within the business! From helping a client get home to see family they haven't seen in a long time, to creating a plan for someone's first trip ever! My co-workers that I have met along my journey are not just co-workers, they have become my family. The hardest part of my job is having someone have to go on a trip for unforeseen circumstances. The most enjoyable part of my job is creating people's travel dreams!
Was a very free spirit company with great bonuses and commissions, your job and co-workers became your family over a short time.
Flight Consultant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 July 2016
A typical day at work was very laid back with a bit of competitiveness with in stores and surrounding areas, with wonderful bonuses and perks. If you love to travel this company is totally for you. Not only do you get to learn about the wonderful exciting world we live in but you get unlimited changes to travel it. Don't get me wrong at times it was hard to hit quotas but your co-workers and management always tired to help or assist in anything to help you hit your goals and/or quotas.
Pros
Great bonuses !
Cons
Hard to keep friends outside of work family
Enjoyable Work Place
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 June 2016
I personally enjoyed talking and communicating with all clients. I enjoyed being apart of a Family memory and with booking multiple trips throughout my career.
Pros
Travel Perks
Cons
Long Hours
Hit and miss
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
I love the management as they really are fantastic. What I don't like is the policies and the lack of reward for employees who have been employed with the company for a long period of time. I have never received a pay raise base on my performance.
Pros
GREAT MANAGER. GOOD WITH TRAINING
Cons
WORK/LIFE BALANCE, PAY SALARY
International Travel Consultant
Travel Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2016
Great Company to work at. Monthly supplier dinners and parties so there is a lot of opportunity to learn in the company. Because you are looking for packages all day long it gives you lots of opportunity to find some great deals for yourself.
Pros
Free travel, lots of parties, great management and suppliers
Cons
Pay structure, work life balance
I learned a lot, and will never go back
Assist Department - Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2016
Agents here are, in my opinion, are overworked and not rewarded or compensated for their unbelievable efforts. Poor management and unreasonable expectations.
Don't waste your time applying.
Travel sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ontario, Canada15 December 2015
I have been here for over two years.
If you have friends and family to go home too. At this job you can say good bye to your life.
You work over time, all the time and the pay is horrible.
The people who love working here, do not have a life outside of work or real bills (mortgages) to pay for.
You are asked to attend and participate in events outside of work hours and on your days off.

Most successful agents, work over 9 hours a day and work on their days off. Average you make is $27,000- $30,000 a year.

Being a travel agent is not as glamorous as it looks.
Book online!!!
Pros
Vacation time and perks of some discounted travel
Cons
long hours, low pay, you get a small percentage of your commission, too many uneccssary responsibilities.
TRAVEL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2015
Truly is a great place to work. The people you work with are fantastic. I made some really close friends here.
Training for this job is quite good as well. They like to take care of their employees.
Good fun company culture, but the salary is low
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Toronto30 June 2015
to be continued
I will come back and fill out at a later date - thanks for your patience
....
it's a good company
good benefits
The expectations weigh out the perks/benefits
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ontario13 June 2015
You sign a contract that states you can work up to 60 hours in a week with no overtime pay and no lieu time. You have weekly meetings, monthly buzz nights with you area and monthly shop socials that are all mandatory. If you are looking for a career that will give you lots of perks for travel and you do not have anything tying you down then this would be a great career. If you do work here expect to work a minimum of 2-4 hours extra a week with no pay in addition to the mandatory meetings/socials.
Pros
Travel perks after 6 months
Cons
No overtime pay. Expectations outweigh the benefits
Over demanding and financially unrewarding
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Canada27 February 2015
Big expectations, time consuming, very little support, and the work environment is cult-like. The idea is that you work hard to play harder. A good job for people who are single, enjoy drinking and don't have children or loved ones who'll miss them while they work long hours.
Pros
The cons outweigh the pros.
Cons
Demanding. Zero work/life balance. Cliquey. Unsupportive. Stressful. Sedentary.
Very fun workplace
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC25 October 2014
I loved my time at flight Center. I learned a lot about traveling and different places all around the world.
Amazing co-workers felt like a family there.
Management could use some Help!
Executive (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2014
not a well organized company! dont consider your life outside of your employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flight Centre. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9