Flight Centre

Flight Centre Employee Reviews in Canada

Was a very free spirit company with great bonuses and commissions, your job and co-workers became your family over a short time.
Flight Consultant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 15, 2016
A typical day at work was very laid back with a bit of competitiveness with in stores and surrounding areas, with wonderful bonuses and perks. If you love to travel this company is totally for you. Not only do you get to learn about the wonderful exciting world we live in but you get unlimited changes to travel it. Don't get me wrong at times it was hard to hit quotas but your co-workers and management always tired to help or assist in anything to help you hit your goals and/or quotas.
Pros
Great bonuses !
Cons
Hard to keep friends outside of work family
Enjoyable Work Place
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 3, 2016
I personally enjoyed talking and communicating with all clients. I enjoyed being apart of a Family memory and with booking multiple trips throughout my career.
Pros
Travel Perks
Cons
Long Hours
International Travel Consultant
Travel Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
Great Company to work at. Monthly supplier dinners and parties so there is a lot of opportunity to learn in the company. Because you are looking for packages all day long it gives you lots of opportunity to find some great deals for yourself.
Pros
Free travel, lots of parties, great management and suppliers
Cons
Pay structure, work life balance
.....
International Travel Consultant, Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2014
Lots of fun and great opportunity to learn and expand your horizons.
great company, great people, fun enviroment
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2014
All in all a great environment with the potential to develop a exceptional work ethic. Strong focus on achieving targets and working hard
A Fun Company to work for but not enough pay
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, onApril 3, 2013
Being a travel agent is an amazing experience. You develop relationships with your clients and co-workers and you learn a lot. The travel industry is forever changing. If you're looking to start a career with Flight Centre get ready to give them your blood, all your time because there will be NO work-life balance and you will be greatly underpaid.
Yes they train you really well. They want to cut costs by any means so you will be responsible for your booking (obviously), ledgers, banking, statements (some take about 2 hours to complete). They teach you how to run your own business which is Amazing knowledge to have. Then take 90% of everything you earn. I would consider investing a year with them to gain all the knowledge you can and then open your own business and make more money.
You will find that people are placed in positions by default and not by merit. If you do decide to start with Flight Centre please realize that location is key. Demand a position in the financial district or anywhere where you know the clientele will be high. Avoid working in malls like the plague.
Pros
the education
Cons
the pay and work life balance
Enjoyable environement, rapidly changing, with a nice staff
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OnMarch 28, 2013
Very nice environment, looking to broaden my horizon. I have nothing but great things to say about the management staff, and the challenge is quite enjoyable working with a variety of different characters daily. However the days are long and I am currently looking for something different.
Pros
help new people daily
Cons
long strenuous work days
High stress, high reward workplace. Fun work place, high energy
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  North York, ONFebruary 13, 2013
Working in a mall, the hours varied. I definitely learned to be more organized and to keeps notes on everything (a paper trail is your best friend in certain instances). Management was amazing, I never made it to that role, but I was up for consideration for two positions. My co-workers were my family and are still great supportive friends. There were weeks (a lot of them) where I saw them for more hours then my own family. Which brings me to the hardest part, work/life balance. No matter how hard your tried it never worked. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the company in a whole. Amazing company to work for.
Pros
incentives
Cons
work/life balance