Flight Centre (UK) Limited

Flight Centre (UK) Limited Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Management could use some Help!
Executive (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2014
not a well organized company! dont consider your life outside of your employment.
long hours, cult, and no time for family
Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 28, 2014
Pros: cheap vacations
Cons: long hours, drunken college kids.
This is a job, not a career. The turn over rate at this company is unbelievable, you see your colleagues come and go. You are forced to participate in frat like parties, where drinking and debauchery is customary.
Great Work in a Good Company
Manager/Area Trainer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 20, 2014
I learned a great deal from this company and have began a great travel creer
great company, great people, fun enviroment
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2014
All in all a great environment with the potential to develop a exceptional work ethic. Strong focus on achieving targets and working hard
Pressure Sales, NO WORK/LIFE Balance!
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Victoria, BC, CanadaJune 8, 2013
Pros: benefits, parties, travelling, work experience
Cons: long hours, low pay, work-life balance, catty coworkers
I had to quit working with the company due to bad management and the pressure that they put on travel agents to mark people up in order to hit sales targets.

I used to be in used car sales, and I found travel agents to be more sleazy and the pressure was enough to drive me to stress leave. The atmosphere is almost always surrounding getting drunk and – more... after work activities. If you cannot participate then you are almost an outcast and the catty travel agents talk behind your back. Not saying they are all bad, you know who you are. The pay just isn't worth the amount of hours that have to put in. I averaged the amount of hrs based on my average pay, including commission, and I averaged about $8.50/hr with benefits.

My suggestion is to work at head office in Vancouver or get there as soon as possible. Stay away from Victoria and Vancouver Island! (except Woodgrove in Nanaimo)

This is a great entry level position, as you are trained for 2 weeks and get to learn A LOT, in a very short period of time. I got to travel to Vietnam, Seattle and Vancouver for Familiarization trips for really cheap and for conferences and even a ball. I was there for a year, and let me tell you, you either love it or you hate it. I am the type of person that would like to work the hours scheduled and go home, not have clients call me with nightmare flight emergencies, and stay overtime almost daily.

Good Luck! – less
A Fun Company to work for but not enough pay
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, onApril 3, 2013
Pros: the education
Cons: the pay and work life balance
Being a travel agent is an amazing experience. You develop relationships with your clients and co-workers and you learn a lot. The travel industry is forever changing. If you're looking to start a career with Flight Centre get ready to give them your blood, all your time because there will be NO work-life balance and you will be greatly underpaid.
Yes – more... they train you really well. They want to cut costs by any means so you will be responsible for your booking (obviously), ledgers, banking, statements (some take about 2 hours to complete). They teach you how to run your own business which is Amazing knowledge to have. Then take 90% of everything you earn. I would consider investing a year with them to gain all the knowledge you can and then open your own business and make more money.
You will find that people are placed in positions by default and not by merit. If you do decide to start with Flight Centre please realize that location is key. Demand a position in the financial district or anywhere where you know the clientele will be high. Avoid working in malls like the plague. – less
Enjoyable environement, rapidly changing, with a nice staff
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, OnMarch 28, 2013
Pros: help new people daily
Cons: long strenuous work days
Very nice environment, looking to broaden my horizon. I have nothing but great things to say about the management staff, and the challenge is quite enjoyable working with a variety of different characters daily. However the days are long and I am currently looking for something different.
High stress, high reward workplace. Fun work place, high energy
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee), North York, ONFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: incentives
Cons: work/life balance
Working in a mall, the hours varied. I definitely learned to be more organized and to keeps notes on everything (a paper trail is your best friend in certain instances). Management was amazing, I never made it to that role, but I was up for consideration for two positions. My co-workers were my family and are still great supportive friends. There were – more... weeks (a lot of them) where I saw them for more hours then my own family. Which brings me to the hardest part, work/life balance. No matter how hard your tried it never worked. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the company in a whole. Amazing company to work for. – less
Productive but fun place to work
Digital/Web Designer (Former Employee), New Malden, ENGAugust 12, 2014
Pros: travel expenses paid
Cons: not enough training
Great team, good people to work with. Enjoyable work. Well structured teams, helpful. Dynamic and young staff.
Great Team
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTJune 10, 2014
Pros: the social life
Cons: the day isn't long enough
It is Sell, Sell, Sell. They have tools to help you. but this job in commissioned based. But put the time in and in a year you can be making some good money. You need the patience to wait for that.
A great new experience, potential for fun at this company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Leeds, ENGMay 20, 2014
Pros: great social events and potential for great fam trips
Cons: long hours and stress
Very long days at work and although a great benefit is uncapped commission this takes a long time to actually get to. I learnt alot of new things about how airlines work, where the best place to go are and at what time of year, in management roles I have learnt how the business works and can use this in future jobs. Also it is like working for yourself – more... so using your initiative to help you succeed pushes your out of your comfort zone but is good practice. Some management is good in this company but I have learnt that everyone is pretty much in it for themselves so more could be done to be more supportive of the team members they employ. There is very high turnover in this company. Hardest part of the job is probably managing people's expectations and also the vast amount of things you have to learn especially initially but it is good fun and also a great challenge.
Most enjoyable part of the job for me is when my clients go away content and excited for the holiday I have put together for them and then provide me with feedback that they really do appreciate my services. Also the annual balls are great fun too! – less
Very Busy workplace with limited staff
International Travel Consultant - Cruiseabout (Current Employee), BrisbaneMay 13, 2014
Pros: training opportunities and unlimited commission opportunity
Cons: out of hours compulsory attendance meeting and functions without pay
I have learnt that there is more to travel than just getting on a plane or cruise ship. The hectic behind scenes that has to happen to ensure that a customer has the best holiday experience that they have ever had.

The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving feedback from your customer's about their holiday. What went right, what went wrong and – more... the experiences that I can share with other customers. Every day is a learning day, whether it be systems, new deals, meeting sales targets.

The hardest part of the job is the work/life balance. Having to attend out of hours famils, completion of tasks due to workload and insufficient staff and attending out of hours functions. Many are advised at short notice and are compulsory attendance, without payment. I find this interrupts my family hours and other opportunities to supplement my wage earnings. – less
Customer focus and supportive service
Accounts Payable Officer (Former Employee), New Malden, London.May 7, 2014
Pros: target rewards and monthly buzz nights
Cons: the hours can be long
I enjoyed working at Flight Centre Limited, the company is very staff focus and very supportive, with developing career and flexible to employees.

A typical day would be dealing with customers account, checking ledger balances and receiving customer payments and processing them. Back office support and general team sharing tasks.

I had a supportive – more... team leader, who was helpful and approachable, was open to share ideas and distributed tasks fairly.

The hardest part of the role was meeting the monthly finance dead line to complete all tasks, but the rewarding part would be that customer balances were met, payment received and processed and you get recognised from management.

The enjoyable part was the monthly buzz nights, which was a chance for us as a down time to celebrate each other achievements within the different roles as a company. We got a small token of appreciation from senior mangements and a chance to socialise with other colleagues. – less
great
Travelconsultant (Current Employee), Johannesburg North, GPApril 29, 2014
Pros: half day
Cons: difficult client
a typical day at work its booking 5 or more flights
i report to my team leader his not bad at all very helpful
its only two people currently in the store so hardly talk as my team leader does not like talking about his life
its when i deal with a difficult client
its when i reach my target and i know my salary will be good
Enjoyable work place, easy to get along with staff.
Assistant - Work Placement (Former Employee), Kings Cross, NSWMarch 31, 2014
I was only there for work placement through school, so only a week of work. The staff there were very friendly and it was easy to ask them for help when I was stuck with tasks, even though they were constantly busy themselves. Hardest part of the job would have been having to get the two hour long train ride to work each morning. The office was very – more... laid back and I got to meet some very interesting customers. Would definitely go back there if I had the opportunity. – less
Fun company
Manager & International Travel Consultant (Current Employee), Canterbury, ENGMarch 11, 2014
The best thing about working at Flight Centre is the flat management structure. Everyone from consultants to the CEO wears a uniform and there is no stuffy hierarchy which inevitably breeds privileges and a feeling of unfairness. The company ethos is relaxed and the harder you work, the harder you play!
There is an inbalance between work and home life – more... which means there is an inevitable shelf-life for many within the company but what you put in, you easily get out and there is huge scope to be successful.
Everyone is incentivised so it does not have a culture of clock in and clock out. The more effort you make, the more successful you become as there is real recognition here.
What's not to love about selling holidays if you are on the frontline? You're not selling a kettle that people need, you're not selling a mortgage that people dread, you're selling a holiday that almost everyone works hard for and looks forward to! – less
Fun place to work
Mail Administrator (Current Employee), Everton ParkFebruary 25, 2014
Answer phones. Do all of the book keeping. Pick up parts. do filing. Pay all accounts. The only reason I let was because my boss passed away and they sold the business.
Amazing place to work
Hotels Accounts Payable Officer (Current Employee), SurreyJanuary 18, 2014
Very fun place to work, very friendly and engaging and outgowing culture.
fun workplace with good career progression.
Assistant team leader (Current Employee), LondonAugust 13, 2013
Pros: good social aspects, wages and benefits.
Cons: long working days.
Amazing 7 years!! Ihave learnt a lot, travelled a lot and enjoyed a good career.
Interactive work place
Travel Consultant (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCAugust 2, 2013
Pros: educationals on different products and properties
Cons: can be very stressful
Working as a Travel Agent has allowed me to gain a lot of experience in organizing travel arrangements. Its has given me the opportunity to learn more about the world, required visas, responsibility and time management

About Flight Centre (UK) Limited

Did you know Flight Centre Limited employs more than 15,000 people and has over 2,500 businesses across 11 countries? Our worldwide – Read more

Flight Centre (UK) Limited Photos