Flight Centre (UK) Limited Employee Reviews

Low work life balance with a Party Culture
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Oxford12 October 2017
It was enjoyable to work with clients at Flight Centre, however, the work-life balance was very poor. The hours were long and shifts were always changing as well as working on the weekends. There were mandatory buzz nights once a month that we would have to travel to a different city to stay overnight, after a short meeting we would get drinks tokens and were encouraged to get drunk and party. It was fun on occasion, but having to go away every month for the meetings was too much, especially if you had to go into work early the next day.
Fun workplace
Marketing Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London17 August 2017
This is a very good place to work.
Great work environment where working is made fun and interesting.
Very busy work pace keeping you always on top of your challenges.
Unique
travel consultant (Current Employee) –  London7 June 2017
terrible systmes that make work twoce as hard. Very frustrating.
Culture based around younger generation
Long hours but financial benefits to this.
Poor line and upper management
Select few rise to the top
International Travel Consultant
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 January 2017
Customer facing, strong personal organisational skills, team work, great growth opportunities, work benefits, great workplace culture, worl renowed organisition.
rewarding sales job
Travel manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol19 January 2017
Busy sales role working both on the telephone and face to face with customers. Lots of opportunity for personal growth in a very sociable work environment.
Flight centre
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex3 January 2017
good benefits, fun culture. Lots of social events but this is definitely a sales role above all else. Opportunities for travel and chance to win holidays.
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Camden1 December 2016
A very good company to work for and they focus on every individual for such a large company.

The benefits are good such as cheap flights and hotel discounts.

They have a great pension plan, decent holiday pay and they pay for all events and parties.
Pros
exclusive holiday deals
Cons
unreachable targets
Fantastic company with great team-feel
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  New Malden, Greater London30 November 2016
I have been working at Flight Centre for 8 months and thoroughly enjoy the team spirit here. The benefits are fantastic - we can book amazing travel deals, we get health checks and fun challenges we can enter, and free financial consultations!

Despite having a longer working day than I'm used to, I think it's the perfect company for me. There's a real sense of reward and recognition that I've not experienced at previous companies.
Pros
travel discounts, health cash plan, social nights
Cons
Long work hours
Work hard and play hard environment
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Manchester6 September 2016
Typical day at work includes making cold calls and looking for new business some admin and reporting on figures.
I learnt how to handle people from different walks of life as i speak to different people everyday.Maintain and build current suppliers.
My co-workers are great we work hard and play hard and reap the benefits.
Hardest part of the job is cold calling as not everybody likes a cold call.
Pros
travel discounts
Cons
management
International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  London20 August 2016
Provide travel arrangements for businesses as well as for local leisure customers.

Creating a perfect holiday regardless of the location. Specialising in tailor making long-haul holidays to our key destinations including Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Asia and The United States.

An accredited specialist by the Australian, New Zealand and South African government tourist authorities.
First rate employer
(Contract) Information Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Malden head office26 May 2016
The Engineering group that I worked with was both motivated and talented.
The entire senior management were fully cognisant of the need to integrate information security.
Pros
the calibre of the staff
Cons
What cons?
Was a fun place to work!
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge17 May 2016
I really enjoyed my time working for FC.

I worked with a great team of people which is really important and they had some great training programs.

They were interested in my growth in the company and the discounted travel was a bonus!
Travel company
TICKET CENTRE ACCOUNTANT (TEMPORARY) (Former Employee) –  London, ENG28 November 2015
• Overseeing the day to day running of this independent travel company
• Liaising with suppliers, negotiating contracts and acquiring new business
• Overseeing marketing, advertising and promotional activities
• Supervising and directing staff and dealing with operational problems
• Recruitment and training of staff and dealing with personnel issues
Productive but fun place to work
Digital/Web Designer (Former Employee) –  New Malden, ENG12 August 2014
Great team, good people to work with. Enjoyable work. Well structured teams, helpful. Dynamic and young staff.
Pros
Travel expenses paid
Cons
Not enough training
A great new experience, potential for fun at this company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG20 May 2014
Very long days at work and although a great benefit is uncapped commission this takes a long time to actually get to. I learnt alot of new things about how airlines work, where the best place to go are and at what time of year, in management roles I have learnt how the business works and can use this in future jobs. Also it is like working for yourself so using your initiative to help you succeed pushes your out of your comfort zone but is good practice. Some management is good in this company but I have learnt that everyone is pretty much in it for themselves so more could be done to be more supportive of the team members they employ. There is very high turnover in this company. Hardest part of the job is probably managing people's expectations and also the vast amount of things you have to learn especially initially but it is good fun and also a great challenge.
Most enjoyable part of the job for me is when my clients go away content and excited for the holiday I have put together for them and then provide me with feedback that they really do appreciate my services. Also the annual balls are great fun too!
Pros
Great social events and potential for great fam trips
Cons
Long hours and stress
Customer focus and supportive service
Accounts Payable Officer (Former Employee) –  New Malden, London.7 May 2014
I enjoyed working at Flight Centre Limited, the company is very staff focus and very supportive, with developing career and flexible to employees.

A typical day would be dealing with customers account, checking ledger balances and receiving customer payments and processing them. Back office support and general team sharing tasks.

I had a supportive team leader, who was helpful and approachable, was open to share ideas and distributed tasks fairly.

The hardest part of the role was meeting the monthly finance dead line to complete all tasks, but the rewarding part would be that customer balances were met, payment received and processed and you get recognised from management.

The enjoyable part was the monthly buzz nights, which was a chance for us as a down time to celebrate each other achievements within the different roles as a company. We got a small token of appreciation from senior mangements and a chance to socialise with other colleagues.
Pros
target rewards and monthly buzz nights
Cons
the hours can be long
Fun company
Manager & International Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, ENG11 March 2014
The best thing about working at Flight Centre is the flat management structure. Everyone from consultants to the CEO wears a uniform and there is no stuffy hierarchy which inevitably breeds privileges and a feeling of unfairness. The company ethos is relaxed and the harder you work, the harder you play!
There is an inbalance between work and home life which means there is an inevitable shelf-life for many within the company but what you put in, you easily get out and there is huge scope to be successful.
Everyone is incentivised so it does not have a culture of clock in and clock out. The more effort you make, the more successful you become as there is real recognition here.
What's not to love about selling holidays if you are on the frontline? You're not selling a kettle that people need, you're not selling a mortgage that people dread, you're selling a holiday that almost everyone works hard for and looks forward to!
Amazing place to work
Hotels Accounts Payable Officer (Current Employee) –  Surrey18 January 2014
Very fun place to work, very friendly and engaging and outgowing culture.
fun workplace with good career progression.
Assistant team leader (Current Employee) –  London13 August 2013
Amazing 7 years!! Ihave learnt a lot, travelled a lot and enjoyed a good career.
Pros
Good social aspects, wages and benefits.
Cons
Long working days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flight Centre (UK) Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2