Flight Centre (UK) Limited

Flight Centre (UK) Limited Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time applying.
Travel sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CanadaDecember 15, 2015
I have been here for over two years.
If you have friends and family to go home too. At this job you can say good bye to your life.
You work over time, all the time and the pay is horrible.
The people who love working here, do not have a life outside of work or real bills (mortgages) to pay for.
You are asked to attend and participate in events outside of work hours and on your days off.

Most successful agents, work over 9 hours a day and work on their days off. Average you make is $27,000- $30,000 a year.

Being a travel agent is not as glamorous as it looks.
Book online!!!
Pros
Vacation time and perks of some discounted travel
Cons
long hours, low pay, you get a small percentage of your commission, too many uneccssary responsibilities.
TRAVEL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
Truly is a great place to work. The people you work with are fantastic. I made some really close friends here.
Training for this job is quite good as well. They like to take care of their employees.
Good fun company culture, but the salary is low
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  TorontoJune 30, 2015
to be continued
I will come back and fill out at a later date - thanks for your patience
....
it's a good company
good benefits
The expectations weigh out the perks/benefits
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 13, 2015
You sign a contract that states you can work up to 60 hours in a week with no overtime pay and no lieu time. You have weekly meetings, monthly buzz nights with you area and monthly shop socials that are all mandatory. If you are looking for a career that will give you lots of perks for travel and you do not have anything tying you down then this would be a great career. If you do work here expect to work a minimum of 2-4 hours extra a week with no pay in addition to the mandatory meetings/socials.
Pros
Travel perks after 6 months
Cons
No overtime pay. Expectations outweigh the benefits
Over demanding and financially unrewarding
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  CanadaFebruary 27, 2015
Big expectations, time consuming, very little support, and the work environment is cult-like. The idea is that you work hard to play harder. A good job for people who are single, enjoy drinking and don't have children or loved ones who'll miss them while they work long hours.
Pros
the cons outweigh the pros.
Cons
demanding. zero work/life balance. cliquey. unsupportive. stressful. sedentary.
Very fun workplace
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCOctober 25, 2014
I loved my time at flight Center. I learned a lot about traveling and different places all around the world.
Amazing co-workers felt like a family there.
Management could use some Help!
Executive (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2014
not a well organized company! dont consider your life outside of your employment.
long hours, cult, and no time for family
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 28, 2014
This is a job, not a career. The turn over rate at this company is unbelievable, you see your colleagues come and go. You are forced to participate in frat like parties, where drinking and debauchery is customary.
Pros
cheap vacations
Cons
long hours, drunken college kids.
Great Work in a Good Company
Manager/Area Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 20, 2014
I learned a great deal from this company and have began a great travel creer
.....
International Travel Consultant, Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2014
Lots of fun and great opportunity to learn and expand your horizons.
great company, great people, fun enviroment
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2014
All in all a great environment with the potential to develop a exceptional work ethic. Strong focus on achieving targets and working hard
Pressure Sales, NO WORK/LIFE Balance!
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC, CanadaJune 8, 2013
I had to quit working with the company due to bad management and the pressure that they put on travel agents to mark people up in order to hit sales targets.

I used to be in used car sales, and I found travel agents to be more sleazy and the pressure was enough to drive me to stress leave. The atmosphere is almost always surrounding getting drunk and after work activities. If you cannot participate then you are almost an outcast and the catty travel agents talk behind your back. Not saying they are all bad, you know who you are. The pay just isn't worth the amount of hours that have to put in. I averaged the amount of hrs based on my average pay, including commission, and I averaged about $8.50/hr with benefits.

My suggestion is to work at head office in Vancouver or get there as soon as possible. Stay away from Victoria and Vancouver Island! (except Woodgrove in Nanaimo)

This is a great entry level position, as you are trained for 2 weeks and get to learn A LOT, in a very short period of time. I got to travel to Vietnam, Seattle and Vancouver for Familiarization trips for really cheap and for conferences and even a ball. I was there for a year, and let me tell you, you either love it or you hate it. I am the type of person that would like to work the hours scheduled and go home, not have clients call me with nightmare flight emergencies, and stay overtime almost daily.

Good Luck!
Pros
benefits, parties, travelling, work experience
Cons
long hours, low pay, work-life balance, catty coworkers
A Fun Company to work for but not enough pay
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, onApril 3, 2013
Being a travel agent is an amazing experience. You develop relationships with your clients and co-workers and you learn a lot. The travel industry is forever changing. If you're looking to start a career with Flight Centre get ready to give them your blood, all your time because there will be NO work-life balance and you will be greatly underpaid.
Yes they train you really well. They want to cut costs by any means so you will be responsible for your booking (obviously), ledgers, banking, statements (some take about 2 hours to complete). They teach you how to run your own business which is Amazing knowledge to have. Then take 90% of everything you earn. I would consider investing a year with them to gain all the knowledge you can and then open your own business and make more money.
You will find that people are placed in positions by default and not by merit. If you do decide to start with Flight Centre please realize that location is key. Demand a position in the financial district or anywhere where you know the clientele will be high. Avoid working in malls like the plague.
Pros
the education
Cons
the pay and work life balance
Enjoyable environement, rapidly changing, with a nice staff
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OnMarch 28, 2013
Very nice environment, looking to broaden my horizon. I have nothing but great things to say about the management staff, and the challenge is quite enjoyable working with a variety of different characters daily. However the days are long and I am currently looking for something different.
Pros
help new people daily
Cons
long strenuous work days
High stress, high reward workplace. Fun work place, high energy
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  North York, ONFebruary 13, 2013
Working in a mall, the hours varied. I definitely learned to be more organized and to keeps notes on everything (a paper trail is your best friend in certain instances). Management was amazing, I never made it to that role, but I was up for consideration for two positions. My co-workers were my family and are still great supportive friends. There were weeks (a lot of them) where I saw them for more hours then my own family. Which brings me to the hardest part, work/life balance. No matter how hard your tried it never worked. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the company in a whole. Amazing company to work for.
Pros
incentives
Cons
work/life balance