Flight Centre (UK) Limited

Flight Centre (UK) Limited Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great company, great people, fun enviroment
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2014
All in all a great environment with the potential to develop a exceptional work ethic. Strong focus on achieving targets and working hard
Pressure Sales, NO WORK/LIFE Balance!
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Victoria, BC, CanadaJune 8, 2013
Pros: benefits, parties, travelling, work experience
Cons: long hours, low pay, work-life balance, catty coworkers
I had to quit working with the company due to bad management and the pressure that they put on travel agents to mark people up in order to hit sales targets.

I used to be in used car sales, and I found travel agents to be more sleazy and the pressure was enough to drive me to stress leave. The atmosphere is almost always surrounding getting drunk and – more... after work activities. If you cannot participate then you are almost an outcast and the catty travel agents talk behind your back. Not saying they are all bad, you know who you are. The pay just isn't worth the amount of hours that have to put in. I averaged the amount of hrs based on my average pay, including commission, and I averaged about $8.50/hr with benefits.

My suggestion is to work at head office in Vancouver or get there as soon as possible. Stay away from Victoria and Vancouver Island! (except Woodgrove in Nanaimo)

This is a great entry level position, as you are trained for 2 weeks and get to learn A LOT, in a very short period of time. I got to travel to Vietnam, Seattle and Vancouver for Familiarization trips for really cheap and for conferences and even a ball. I was there for a year, and let me tell you, you either love it or you hate it. I am the type of person that would like to work the hours scheduled and go home, not have clients call me with nightmare flight emergencies, and stay overtime almost daily.

Good Luck! – less
A Fun Company to work for but not enough pay
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, onApril 3, 2013
Pros: the education
Cons: the pay and work life balance
Being a travel agent is an amazing experience. You develop relationships with your clients and co-workers and you learn a lot. The travel industry is forever changing. If you're looking to start a career with Flight Centre get ready to give them your blood, all your time because there will be NO work-life balance and you will be greatly underpaid.
Yes – more... they train you really well. They want to cut costs by any means so you will be responsible for your booking (obviously), ledgers, banking, statements (some take about 2 hours to complete). They teach you how to run your own business which is Amazing knowledge to have. Then take 90% of everything you earn. I would consider investing a year with them to gain all the knowledge you can and then open your own business and make more money.
You will find that people are placed in positions by default and not by merit. If you do decide to start with Flight Centre please realize that location is key. Demand a position in the financial district or anywhere where you know the clientele will be high. Avoid working in malls like the plague. – less
Enjoyable environement, rapidly changing, with a nice staff
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, OnMarch 28, 2013
Pros: help new people daily
Cons: long strenuous work days
Very nice environment, looking to broaden my horizon. I have nothing but great things to say about the management staff, and the challenge is quite enjoyable working with a variety of different characters daily. However the days are long and I am currently looking for something different.
High stress, high reward workplace. Fun work place, high energy
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee), North York, ONFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: incentives
Cons: work/life balance
Working in a mall, the hours varied. I definitely learned to be more organized and to keeps notes on everything (a paper trail is your best friend in certain instances). Management was amazing, I never made it to that role, but I was up for consideration for two positions. My co-workers were my family and are still great supportive friends. There were – more... weeks (a lot of them) where I saw them for more hours then my own family. Which brings me to the hardest part, work/life balance. No matter how hard your tried it never worked. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the company in a whole. Amazing company to work for. – less
Enjoyable work place, easy to get along with staff.
Assistant - Work Placement (Former Employee), Kings Cross, NSWMarch 31, 2014
I was only there for work placement through school, so only a week of work. The staff there were very friendly and it was easy to ask them for help when I was stuck with tasks, even though they were constantly busy themselves. Hardest part of the job would have been having to get the two hour long train ride to work each morning. The office was very – more... laid back and I got to meet some very interesting customers. Would definitely go back there if I had the opportunity. – less
Fun company
Manager & International Travel Consultant (Current Employee), Canterbury, ENGMarch 11, 2014
The best thing about working at Flight Centre is the flat management structure. Everyone from consultants to the CEO wears a uniform and there is no stuffy hierarchy which inevitably breeds privileges and a feeling of unfairness. The company ethos is relaxed and the harder you work, the harder you play!
There is an inbalance between work and home life – more... which means there is an inevitable shelf-life for many within the company but what you put in, you easily get out and there is huge scope to be successful.
Everyone is incentivised so it does not have a culture of clock in and clock out. The more effort you make, the more successful you become as there is real recognition here.
What's not to love about selling holidays if you are on the frontline? You're not selling a kettle that people need, you're not selling a mortgage that people dread, you're selling a holiday that almost everyone works hard for and looks forward to! – less
Fun place to work
Mail Administrator (Current Employee), Everton ParkFebruary 25, 2014
Answer phones. Do all of the book keeping. Pick up parts. do filing. Pay all accounts. The only reason I let was because my boss passed away and they sold the business.
Amazing place to work
Hotels Accounts Payable Officer (Current Employee), SurreyJanuary 18, 2014
Very fun place to work, very friendly and engaging and outgowing culture.
fun workplace with good career progression.
Assistant team leader (Current Employee), LondonAugust 13, 2013
Pros: good social aspects, wages and benefits.
Cons: long working days.
Amazing 7 years!! Ihave learnt a lot, travelled a lot and enjoyed a good career.
Interactive work place
Travel Consultant (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCAugust 2, 2013
Pros: educationals on different products and properties
Cons: can be very stressful
Working as a Travel Agent has allowed me to gain a lot of experience in organizing travel arrangements. Its has given me the opportunity to learn more about the world, required visas, responsibility and time management
Daily Activities
Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Ramsey, NJMay 24, 2013
• Assist in the acquisition of space for large events, procuring supplies including audio-visual equipment, travel arrangements, requisitioning appropriate food and beverages
• Conducted research, visiting potential locations to discover possibilities for future resource and venue planning relationships
• Create and revise floor plans as necessary to – more... meet customers’ logistical objectives, proactively serving as vendor liaison to ensure an uninterrupted and positive experience
• Travel to manage on-site production and oversight of activities under contract
• Manage several projects consecutively rapidly changing or providing alternatives if necessary
• Exposure to repeated deadlines requiring communication with multiple parties concurrently
• Facilitate meetings with Business Leaders to communicate expectations
• Responsible for securing vendor participation and marketing funds
• Meet and exceed monthly Budget Targets
• Responsible for keeping the agenda on schedule and the flow of the event throughout events
• Accountable for balancing the needs of different businesses
• Manage 2 events per month with up to 1 million dollar budgets – less
Productive and enjoyable
Travel Agent (Former Employee), WhangareiApril 30, 2013
I learned how to arrange a booking for a client

I managed to find arrangements suitable for a client

My co-workers were very supportive

I enjoyed arranging a flight booking and accommodation arrangements for the client
WORK WORK WORK
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Student Flights, Adelaide Street Brisbane 4000December 17, 2012
Pros: free trips, great contracts
Cons: low salary, long hours, intense environment
A Typical Day:
8:00 am - Morning meeting / Destination Training / Product Training
9:00 am - Check Emails
9:30 am - Do monthly job (Bank Rec, Banking, Eftpos, Marketting)
10:00 am - 6:00 pm - Take enquiry / Make bookings via Phone, Email and Walk Ins
6:00 pm - 9:00pm - Finish any incomplete tasks and bookings. The store was so busy that nothing could – more... be complete during the day unless the client was sitting in front of you.

I learnt so much about the world, time management, the operations of a business, bank reconciliation, how to work in a team, how to hit daily targets with personal strategies, everything and anything about airfares (my specialty), the competition around me, what stress feels like, how to deal with and resolve complaints/problems, how to be successful and help the business make more and more profit.

I was assistant manager so I helped with the store management. It really showed me how stressful management can be in a fast paced environment. I handled it very well and always led those around me. My sales figures were very, very high and everyone in store aspired to be as successful as me taking on board all advice I had to offer.

My co-workers were all very different from each other. Those with a positive attitude were much more successful than those with a negative attitude. I got along great with everyone but felt the social pressure in store was very intense. Everyone wanted to associate with each other all the time, even though we worked so many hours together everyday. It was very hard to achieve work life balance in this environment.

The hardest part of the job was trying to complete daily tasks during work hours as I was constantly interrupted with unexpected tasks and clients coming to see me without notice. This could not be controlled and led to me working lots of overtime.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the competition with KPI's and feeling success when I had just finished a great month. I was extremely driven by the sales aspect of the job and almost became addicted to making money! The free travel and incentives was also fantastic. – less
Fun friendly staff with a strong passion!
Web Designer (Former Employee), BrisbaneNovember 9, 2012
Pros: encouraged staff for learning new skills and attending the tech conferences
Cons: too much fun at the weekly beer oc'lock
- Worked with such a great team-leader and passionate coworkers!
- Needed fast iterations for uploading the special airfare sales
- Good balance of the web design & the development work
- Sharing new skills and ideas everyday in the team

About Flight Centre (UK) Limited

Did you know Flight Centre Limited employs more than 15,000 people and has over 2,500 businesses across 11 countries? Our worldwide – Read more

Flight Centre (UK) Limited Photos