Flextronics

Flextronics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Summary
Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, PASeptember 22, 2014
Challenging position working with great group of professionals.
still i'm maintaing 100% productivity in Agile and BAAN ERP
JR.ENGINEER (Current Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 21, 2014
I'm working in Agile and BAAN ERP tool
Each and every day i'm trying to improve my skills
I'm enjoying my every moment with my co-workers
Manufacturing Environment
Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), AustinSeptember 17, 2014
Busy/large manufacturing plant but, at the same time you feel comfortable within the building. Plenty of parking and great cafeteria food options. Security onsite.
great for a tech
equipment maint Technician (Current Employee), Austin TexasSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: compressed week for me
Cons: shrouded in mystery
I like My direct line of management. production wise they fluctuate with the industry . I do not see an excellent use of talent from the production end . there is a good old boy system in place.
Good place to learn
Product Engineer (Current Employee), Sorocaba, SP - BrazilSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not very good payment
Very chalenging enviroment makes you learn and be experienced for many kinds of situation, clients, and project.
Many skilled and experienced people, makes you lear every day a little bit.
Product line need constat support, so this makes you very commited to the company.
Laptop Repair
Lenova/IBM Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2014
While employed here I learned the correct way to repair a laptop. I went through an extensive three week training course that was structured around the do's and don'ts of laptop repair. I was instructed on how to replace all parts to a laptop. My co-workers in the class with me were also the ones that I went to the floor with and worked with on a daily – more... basis. The hardest part of my job was that they had a problem with me going to school, when they knew that I was in school before they hired me. The most enjoyable part was that I was trained properly and was able to incorporate what I learned into my life outside the job. – less
Growing company well positioned for the future!
VICE PRESIDENT of HUMAN RESOURCES - Americas (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: global company, tons of learning opportunites, leadership team very approachable, respect for the indivdual is important.
No day in HR is really typical. The most exciting part about HR is that you get to address new challenges in a variety of different areas including employees relations, strategically designing solutions to help lead the company to achieve its goals; acquiring, developing and retaining talent, performance management, change mgmt. and process improvement, – more... onboarding, compliance, etc.

The biggest thing I have learned is that in general, employees want to do a great job. How you and their managers go about treating and respecting them plays a huge part in the success of the individual and company. Employees are not commodities. I always want to try to think from a perspective of me putting myself in employee's and management's shoes.

I've have been fortunate in that I have had some terrific clients, peers and HR teams that I have lead. I think trying to develop relationships without an ego and being an expert in your professional discipline is very important.

I would say the hardest part of my jobs have been managing reductions in force. Although many HR professionals might say that, my opinion is when you have a reduction in force, often times senior management has failed and owns some significant skin in the game, because some decisions that were made may have ultimately effected good employees lives and to me it is critical to think proactively and be transparent to employees. Clearly business is business and tough decisions have to be made.to achieve the financial success of the company as well or it won't be around for long. All successful companies are growing and those declining generally don't stay around for long.

I generally enjoy my jobs as a whole and its hard to point out one particular area. I do however always stress the importance of having a very positive attitude and always giving your very best. – less
A company known for its' frequent layoffs
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2014
I knew when I started working at Flextronics, there was a good chance of a layoff in my future. It turned out to be true. I did however enjoy the work I did and gained additional manufacturing knowledge.
Working in a Warehouse environment really gave me a lot of experience in different things that i know I can accomplish
Machine Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2014
The machine operator role will be running CNC equipment to produce product in a high volume, low mix environment.
They will be responsible for production quantity and product quality.
Depending on machine cycle times, the operator will be asked to run multiple machines and perform preliminary quality inspections. Working in a warehouse Shipping, receiving, – more... boxing,using pallet jack. – less
productivity
Apple and IBM Repair/Test Technician (Current Employee), memphis,tnSeptember 6, 2014
good experience and good place to gain knowledge of it, good work culture and great place to work, alot of overtime so its hard to maintain a personal life
not organized and unproffessional
Assembler/Production (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 5, 2014
management doesn't know how to treat employees. you make less money overall when you become permanent and its hard to advance due to favoritism.
8 yrs relevant IT industry experience Oracle programing, Oracle database administration, ETL developer, Job scheduling covering
Consultant (Former Employee), Chennai IndiaSeptember 4, 2014
Oracle Programing/ETL developer/ETL Tester/
Development (application) DBA/Linux programing/Appworks/Tivoli
it was great while it lasted
Operations Supervisor/ Material Handler (Current Employee), fort worthSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: manageable hours
Cons: inconsistent hours, frequent lay off.
in a few words, a great company, poor management. I enjoyed the many hours given, but lost their contract with Motorola and all went down hill. I enjoyed my job duties, started as an analyzer, debugging and fixing phones, moved up in the eCommerce area.
what you learned
Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee), ITALYSeptember 3, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
I actually liked my job
Line lead MRB assistant (Former Employee), fort worthSeptember 3, 2014
This was not a good company to work for. I was mainly there because I did like the work and learned something new outside of my career work.
a day in the life...
EHS Mgr/Operations Training Specialist, Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 29, 2014
Pros: free coffee, great benefits, 401k, pto, etc.
Cons: fail to recognize all the hats they expect you to wear without compensation or any type of reward.
I spend 90% of day on EHS initiatives and the other 10% in the training department. the plant is closing so not much training is going on these days.
Okay place to work very unstable
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 26, 2014
Has a history of layoffs. Unstable and ready to move to a more stable company.
Not very Demanading physicaly
Authorized Technician (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 26, 2014
Pros: hour lunch. decent pay. garunteed 40 hours.
Cons: angry customer's
A typical day at work involves a number of face to face interactions with at&t customers. They bring in their devices and explain to you what is happening. Then with the tools provided to us by the manufactuerers we try and resolve the customer's issues, or if not then we replace them under warranty. As far as management and my co-workers they were – more... always willing to help or show you how to do something. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the upset customer's. But the best part of the job for me was being able to help somebody to get a working a phone again when they thought that there was nothing that could be done to help them. – less
UNAPPRECIATIVE WORKPLACE
Anodize Machine Operator (Current Employee), AUSTIN TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: long hours and more breaks
Cons: no hazard compensation, no trust from management
TOO MUCH MICRO MANAGEMENT FOR THE WRONG REASONS, AT THE WRONG TIME. FINGER POINTING AND LAYING BLAME FROM THE MANAGEMENT TEAM TOWARDS THE EMPLOYEES WORKING FOR THEM. COMPANY LIES ABOUT POSSIBLE BONUSES AND PAY RAISES.
Is a nice environment to work at
Debug Technician (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 24, 2014
It's feel like a family work as a one team, I've learned a lot of experience with this job and I'm a better technician because of it

About Flextronics

Headquartered in Singapore (Singapore Reg. No. 199002645H), Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) – Read more