Flextronics

Flextronics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flextronics
Deskside IT Technician (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: relaxed evviorment
Cons: time consuming. 24 on call and ot on weekends
Working in a million square foot facility was a big change for me. I liked the culture because the work that was done was different from day to day. It was sometimes fast paced and other times it was mellow. However, the team I work with makes it worth it. I was lucky to land where I did.
they will lay off anyone at will, hours are bad too
Flextronics Contractor (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 9, 2014
Hours here are long and unpredictable, company puts workers at the bottom of their priorities. Only reason it would be worth it is their management.
Interesting and constantly changing environmnet
Administrative Assistant 5/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Milpitas, CA/Austin, TXOctober 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: getting calls during my personal time
A typical day at Flextronics involves a long walk into the large facility where there are many employees. There are many employees that you will never get to know as the site is so large and there are multiple different departments. The co workers that I worked with closely where team oriented and most enjoyed their job. There are also many temp employees – more... so you often see people come and go. The hardest part of the job is getting to know what is produced in the multiple segments. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. – less
It a ok job
Material Handler (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: short lunch/low pay /bad management
I feel like its a ok place to work co-workers are great Bad management
Was a great place to work
Field Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Downingtown, PAOctober 8, 2014
Everyone was laid off but up until that point, I felt secure in my job and the compensation was great.
flextronics was fun in 2003
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Mount Juliet, TNOctober 6, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with
Cons: n/a
I had a blast working here in 2002. The wages were good. People were pleasant to work with.
it is a busy work place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), fort worth txOctober 1, 2014
Pros: opportunity to move up to other postions
Cons: company moved overseas
once you come in there work already waiting for you have to start right away and there a number you have to do per hour. you have to caught and defaults and make sure they are scanned. also have to know what passes and what don't. the hardest part is getting use to standing up all day.
very fun and productive company to work for
CNC Machinist/ Set Up (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2014
great place to work great company......my day started with warming up machine and programming my tools and running test part for inspection to pass my machine
production
Trainee Technician (Former Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch, travell
Cons: 8 hours
nice in production
good environmental sourrounding
more ways to explorer our knowledge
Sweat shop with very low pay and inconsistent policy enforcement
Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: policies are guidelines
Supervised over 5 dozen workers with very little support. The management appeared to be disconnected and only stayed on the floor during visits from the VP of operations. No 401k or tuition reimbursement, both abandoned after 2008.
Productive work place
Senior Repair Technician/ Technical Team Lead (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: shift changes
Nice place to work and learn new things. Nice people to work with.
ok
Manager (Former Employee), Paramus, NJSeptember 23, 2014
Interview, hire and make necessary discipline decisions,
including terminations, for store personnel Inspire and engage
employees by motivating team to succeed Lead by example.
• Develop employees for growth and promotion by delegating
appropriate responsibilities and inspecting completion Improve
employee engagement throughout territory through appropriate
behaviors – more... and actions.
• Develop and execute individual development plans for store
personnel. Observe and coach employees to provide feedback
around sales technique effectiveness and providing excellent
customer service.
• Conduct On The Spot (OTS) Coaching Execute A & D process for
direct reports Ensure personnel adhere to the Code of Business
Conduct and conduct investigations with HR as needed.
• Resolve quickly any Rep or Store level fraud issues
communicated by ARSM, may involve working with Asset
Protection and/or HQ Credit and Collections.
• Fully understand and assist in educating personnel on the
compensation plan and ensure employees know how to maximize
Ensure Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance.
• Phone Support, AT&T | DIRECTV Support, AT&T Billing and
Account Support, Troubleshoot and Repair all devices.
• Inventory counts and much more. – less
It seemed like a place that I could progress but to many hands in the cooking jar
Robot Lead (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: learned new trade
Cons: management all over
Seemed liked a good starting place with learning different trades but fell apart with overall execution
Summary
Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, PASeptember 22, 2014
Challenging position working with great group of professionals.
still i'm maintaing 100% productivity in Agile and BAAN ERP
JR.ENGINEER (Current Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 21, 2014
I'm working in Agile and BAAN ERP tool
Each and every day i'm trying to improve my skills
I'm enjoying my every moment with my co-workers
Manufacturing Environment
Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), AustinSeptember 17, 2014
Busy/large manufacturing plant but, at the same time you feel comfortable within the building. Plenty of parking and great cafeteria food options. Security onsite.
great for a tech
equipment maint Technician (Current Employee), Austin TexasSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: compressed week for me
Cons: shrouded in mystery
I like My direct line of management. production wise they fluctuate with the industry . I do not see an excellent use of talent from the production end . there is a good old boy system in place.
Good place to learn
Product Engineer (Current Employee), Sorocaba, SP - BrazilSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not very good payment
Very chalenging enviroment makes you learn and be experienced for many kinds of situation, clients, and project.
Many skilled and experienced people, makes you lear every day a little bit.
Product line need constat support, so this makes you very commited to the company.
Laptop Repair
Lenova/IBM Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2014
While employed here I learned the correct way to repair a laptop. I went through an extensive three week training course that was structured around the do's and don'ts of laptop repair. I was instructed on how to replace all parts to a laptop. My co-workers in the class with me were also the ones that I went to the floor with and worked with on a daily – more... basis. The hardest part of my job was that they had a problem with me going to school, when they knew that I was in school before they hired me. The most enjoyable part was that I was trained properly and was able to incorporate what I learned into my life outside the job. – less
Growing company well positioned for the future!
VICE PRESIDENT of HUMAN RESOURCES - Americas (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: global company, tons of learning opportunites, leadership team very approachable, respect for the indivdual is important.
No day in HR is really typical. The most exciting part about HR is that you get to address new challenges in a variety of different areas including employees relations, strategically designing solutions to help lead the company to achieve its goals; acquiring, developing and retaining talent, performance management, change mgmt. and process improvement, – more... onboarding, compliance, etc.

The biggest thing I have learned is that in general, employees want to do a great job. How you and their managers go about treating and respecting them plays a huge part in the success of the individual and company. Employees are not commodities. I always want to try to think from a perspective of me putting myself in employee's and management's shoes.

I've have been fortunate in that I have had some terrific clients, peers and HR teams that I have lead. I think trying to develop relationships without an ego and being an expert in your professional discipline is very important.

I would say the hardest part of my jobs have been managing reductions in force. Although many HR professionals might say that, my opinion is when you have a reduction in force, often times senior management has failed and owns some significant skin in the game, because some decisions that were made may have ultimately effected good employees lives and to me it is critical to think proactively and be transparent to employees. Clearly business is business and tough decisions have to be made.to achieve the financial success of the company as well or it won't be around for long. All successful companies are growing and those declining generally don't stay around for long.

I generally enjoy my jobs as a whole and its hard to point out one particular area. I do however always stress the importance of having a very positive attitude and always giving your very best. – less

About Flextronics

Headquartered in Singapore (Singapore Reg. No. 199002645H), Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) – Read more