Flextronics

Flextronics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flextronics
Line Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 20, 2013
Pros: great money! set schedule, reasonable amount of days off vs. on. always make 40 hours a week
Cons: long hours
great place to work! GREAT hours. fantastic pay! would reccomend to everyone
Productive plase, nice and clean
Assembler (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 8, 2013
Pros: nice and clean place to work, not heavy job
Cons: everybody appreciated my hard work, but no bonus, not salary increase for all this years
Busy day, good comunications with the co-workers, good team. I learned that people are different and when you respect that you get the same response from them. Good management, nice co-workers. The hardest part of the job, when you can't control some malfunction of the equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing the problem fast and getting – more... the job done, helping with ideas to improve the process and make the line to run smoothly. – less
An easy feeling environment provides the will and motivation to take great decision
Process QA Auditor (Current Employee), New Market, NBFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: nice and easy place to work
Cons: less payment with no major benefit
Nice place to work without any major interference. Nice place to take independent decision. Good worker and co-operative managers.
A lot to learn each day with new projects
ASSEMBLER
DATA ENTRY
SW LOADING
Worth working for
Bench Laptop Technician (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: salary, opportunity
Cons: tools and materials not up to par with job requirements
The company provides fair opportunities for everyone. The career grows is possible within the company.
Management is generally nice, understanding. The work place is clean and secure. Most of the tools needed are given at the start of work.
The biggest con is that spare parts system is poorly managed at the facility. Some of the crucial tools and materials – more... are not always available for work. Spare part from third party vendors often arrive with built in defect. – less
Productive work place and fun place to work, Fitness centre on site.
Repair operator, Data entery (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: free lunchs on special occaion like xmas, thanks giving, stampded, many celebration make fun to work at flextronic.
Cons: lots of long hours and shift work.
Worked as repair operator on PCB board.I received certifaction in PCB repair. Managment was very help full,work life balance even in shift work setting.Co workers were like family,very help full, i made many friend who will be my friend for life.
It was gud working place
JR. SOFTWARE TESTER (Former Employee), newmarket,onAugust 2, 2012
punctuality and doing you work upto time.. getting big challenges and completing them on time.. performing better than earlier one...
Each Galley Slave Gets Their Own Oar!
LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE I (Former Employee), Newmarket, OntarioJuly 12, 2012
Pros: learn to swear in tamil.
Cons: harrassment is accepted.
Want to experience work the "old fashioned" way? Join the indentured service of Flextronics. This company will give you that institutionalized feeling you've always longed for. Bells and buzzers to tell you when to herd into the plant, to the bathroom, out for breaks. Security guards non-discretely pat you down as you leave. A small over-crowded cafeteria – more... will serve the latest in outdated MRE's, stale bread and warm water.

Scratch your head as you wonder what your non-English speaking supervisor/manager/Tribune/Overseer just said to you. Who knows, you may have been insulted in a new, exciting language. No heat in the winter, no air conditioning in the summer...just the way it was in Georgia 150 years ago.

For your entertainment, a dimly lit theatre is provided for you to attend the latest in mind-alterating re-education in the spirit of Uncle Ho! Once a month there is a prize for the most dust balls collected at Tenko.

So if you're a WASP, middle-aged, desperate for work and willing to be abused, Flextronics is the place for you. – less
Do what they said thet would do, when they said they would do it.
Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 30, 2012
I learned that rules are there for office workers only. Listen to the boss even if he is wrong and you can prove him wrong. The head of HR says she is there to help, but only if a group gets together to complain.
Most of the employees are friendly.
Overall good place to work for
Director Cost Management (Former Employee), San Jose, CaliforniaJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free salads and encouragement to stay healthy (gym at work place, close areas to take walks on breaks or lunch)
Cons: too much bureaucracy
What I enjoyed the most was to keep motivated my employees through the challenges that we encountered toward month end and quarter ends.
The job's pace is fast, keeping us in our toes and putting a lot of stress to meet Corporate goals. Due to my global role, I owned results however I didn't own/managed the different Business Units within the Company – more... therefore my Leadership skills were always sharp in oder to be successful. – less
Flextronics was a very efficient place to work time wise, always rushing to get products out as fast as possible but always keeping quality in mind.
CNC Operator/Tool Crib (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: good money, i loved the hours and the days off.
Cons: had to relocate to austin away from my son. (personal reason)
It was a very fast paced job, a giant machine shop trying to get products in and out of this assembly line. My primary duties where measuring and balancing the tools to cut the parts, I would load and unload the used and new tools to keep production at the required pace. Every once in a while if we where short people out on the floor then I would run – more... machines as well as doing the tool changes and balancing them. – less
Flextonics
Test Operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: i got laid off twice
good people the company just inst what i thought they were, they only hire you, when they need you and then, lay you off and then call you back two months later to come back and start a new job and then lay you off again not a very secure job.
confidentiality agreement
Test Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 20, 2014
Non disclosure agreement for businesses sharing innovations
Great work enviorment, advancement and friendly staff.
Warehouse Associate and Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 19, 2014
Pros: fun place to work, lots of new challenges to solve
Cons: no job security, unorganized and metal free area
pick orders, stocked product, i learned baan, friendly co-workers, great team, managment gets the job done and is there when needed, hardest part of the day would be unloading trucks, most enjoyable would be getting to know the system and new challenges.
i want a comfortable work enviroment
machine operator (Current Employee), austin txJuly 17, 2014
Pros: payed every week off 3 days next week 4 days
Cons: breaks not good only a 35 minute lunch on 12 hour shift
im a dependable worker always give 100 percent effort team player and like to learn and want to help company expand
Poor Management
CMM Operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: ?
Cons: short lunches, bad management
Over staffed for the job at hand so lays off 600 at a time.
Procedures and guidelines non conforming to any real quality standards.
Only good management were driven out due to lack of support.
I enjoyed working here
Quality Lead Technician (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: excellent health benefits and great coworkers and good management team.
Cons: none worth mentioning
Hours were 6 am to 2:45 pm with a 45 minute lunch. Performed daily quality inspection and testing of various customer products prior to customer shipment. My great Quality and I did random audits of other department areas to ensure our product was up to company standard of excellence. Customer and company feedback was positive. My Quality Index rating – more... was better than 99.5%.
I learned that I had a keen sense of where and what to randomly check to discover potential issues and address them.
Management was good and they let you do your job with little supervision.
I had an exceptional team of co-workers who worked as hard as I did to complete tasks on time and in a professional manner. We had a project (group of 75 people) that were totally dedicated to our customer for 5 years that grew from the ground up. We were personally recognized for Exceptional Quality Performance - Best of the Best.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with high volume workloads at peak seasonal times. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of successfully completing task that seemed insurmountable.

If you are a hard worker and focus on your job, you can do well here. – less
• Leadership and hands-on experience in supply chain strategies and development in achieving business, manufacturing, quality, cost and time-to-market
Global Strategic Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 15, 2014
Leadership and hands-on experience in supply chain strategies and development in achieving business, manufacturing, quality, cost and time-to-market requirements.
Work Ethnics environment and a positive culture adaptation.
Electronics Debugger (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 13, 2014
Pros: overtime is a plus
Cons: short break.
Procedure acknowledge for new department
Safety products
Work instruction sharing
Management seem to be entertained
Meeting was helpful
love working
utility assembler (Former Employee), hallmarkJuly 12, 2014
Pros: team worker, love working
i have learned to get along with the people i work with. i am a great hard worker that likes to get the job done no matter what. i am a fast learner i can pick up on things in a blink of an eye. i really need a job i will do anything to get one at this point in my life. i just wanna work cause i feel like im close to being homeless and i dont want that – more... to happen for me – less

About Flextronics

Headquartered in Singapore (Singapore Reg. No. 199002645H), Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) – Read more