Flextronics

Flextronics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worth working for
Bench Laptop Technician (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: salary, opportunity
Cons: tools and materials not up to par with job requirements
The company provides fair opportunities for everyone. The career grows is possible within the company.
Management is generally nice, understanding. The work place is clean and secure. Most of the tools needed are given at the start of work.
The biggest con is that spare parts system is poorly managed at the facility. Some of the crucial tools and materials – more... are not always available for work. Spare part from third party vendors often arrive with built in defect. – less
Productive work place and fun place to work, Fitness centre on site.
Repair operator, Data entery (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: free lunchs on special occaion like xmas, thanks giving, stampded, many celebration make fun to work at flextronic.
Cons: lots of long hours and shift work.
Worked as repair operator on PCB board.I received certifaction in PCB repair. Managment was very help full,work life balance even in shift work setting.Co workers were like family,very help full, i made many friend who will be my friend for life.
It was gud working place
JR. SOFTWARE TESTER (Former Employee), newmarket,onAugust 2, 2012
punctuality and doing you work upto time.. getting big challenges and completing them on time.. performing better than earlier one...
Each Galley Slave Gets Their Own Oar!
LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE I (Former Employee), Newmarket, OntarioJuly 12, 2012
Pros: learn to swear in tamil.
Cons: harrassment is accepted.
Want to experience work the "old fashioned" way? Join the indentured service of Flextronics. This company will give you that institutionalized feeling you've always longed for. Bells and buzzers to tell you when to herd into the plant, to the bathroom, out for breaks. Security guards non-discretely pat you down as you leave. A small over-crowded cafeteria – more... will serve the latest in outdated MRE's, stale bread and warm water.

Scratch your head as you wonder what your non-English speaking supervisor/manager/Tribune/Overseer just said to you. Who knows, you may have been insulted in a new, exciting language. No heat in the winter, no air conditioning in the summer...just the way it was in Georgia 150 years ago.

For your entertainment, a dimly lit theatre is provided for you to attend the latest in mind-alterating re-education in the spirit of Uncle Ho! Once a month there is a prize for the most dust balls collected at Tenko.

So if you're a WASP, middle-aged, desperate for work and willing to be abused, Flextronics is the place for you. – less
Do what they said thet would do, when they said they would do it.
Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 30, 2012
I learned that rules are there for office workers only. Listen to the boss even if he is wrong and you can prove him wrong. The head of HR says she is there to help, but only if a group gets together to complain.
Most of the employees are friendly.
Was a good place to work if benefits were better
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2014
Typical day at work was making sure all service orders were complete from start of job to the end of shift
stable organization with career advancement opportunities
Regional Director (Former Employee), Northeastern Region of United StatesApril 16, 2014
Pros: flexibility, career advance
Cons: heavy travel, compensation
You have to show great versatility and perform a broad range of assignments and/or address urgent client concerns with efficiency and accuracy.I have experienced solid management styles from those that have demonstrated self confidence, authority. Full participation in team building with all co-workers and team members at all levels is required. Accomplishing – more... goals and getting results without creating friction at times can be difficult.The job is most gratifying by ultimately satisfying my internal and external customers .. – less
IT (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 10, 2014
A friendly feeling to start a day at work.
Good management
Friendly coworker
Nice place to work but some people are not agree with foreign persons.
Design and Enginnering Manager (Current Employee), Guadalajara Jal. MexicoApril 9, 2014
Pros: good place to work.
Cons: they modify our position because we are not all the time in guadalajara.
I star to work at 8:00, I have to review my e-mails, after that I have some team meetings to review designs concepts, modify the proposals.
See new projects to implement in other sites.
Stressful Position
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), Dekalb ILApril 8, 2014
Working as a customer service technician in a verizon wireless retail location is very stressful.
Productive company
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), Glendale, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: quarterly bonus
Cons: company was closed
Assisted Verizon Wireless customers with setting up basic features on their smart phones. Set up and educated customers when purchasing a new smart phone.
Productive and fun work place
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 4, 2014
A typical work day is full of challenges, but my co-workers and i come together and get the job done.
Productive days
IT Repair technician (Former Employee), Warrington, ENGApril 4, 2014
Pros: educational, time consuming, enjoyable
Cons: unpredictable, sometimes tedious.
A typical day at work here would be very productive. during my time there i had learned alot of new things about computers and their parts, also how to fix and install new parts, even though i was a technician i learned alot of how the warehouse worked as well. All the bosses where friendly and easy to get along with, as well as all my co- workers which – more... was humerous at times. I'd say the hardest part of the job would of been when you get a unit and you diagnose it, fix the problem, then out of nowhere a new problem turns up it was quite fustrating. The most enjoybale part of the job was just waking up every morning knowing i had a job to go to. – less
Forklift
Contract Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 3, 2014
Shipping and receving inbound and outbound verity orders picking and packing
Sales Associate
Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 2, 2014
Merchandizing of product on the shelve and top stock arraingement
Great Company
Manager of Device Support Center (Current Employee), Newnan, GAApril 2, 2014
Pros: rewards for performance
Cons: downsizing
A great company to work for and I learned a lot. Accomplishments were celebrated often
Lots of Opportunities
Business Application Manager (Current Employee), Chennai, TNApril 2, 2014
Great place to grab new opportunities and to gain skills on multiple streams
Good for short term employment
Manager/LMS Administrator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 1, 2014
Pros: good benefits, decent pay
Cons: lay-off prone
-My typical day was challenging and full of surprises
-I learned much about adult learning and training experience.
-Management varies by site and location
-Co-Workers were excellent, but quality could be inconsistent.
-Hardest part was balancing field support with constant travel
-Enjoyed learning experiences and developing other associates
Troubleshooting Devices
Authorized Technician (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: flexible shifts
Cons: no benefits, no union, expensive health care
A typical day at the Device Support Center basic troubleshooting is done to fix defective devices after all troubleshooting methods are carried out and the device is still defective we replace customer device under the warranty requirements. I've learned great customer service skills interacting with customers on a day to day basis. My co workers work – more... together as a team and we do help out each other to ensure customers satisfaction on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job is calming down irate customers and ensuring their satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting different people and getting to know them in the short period of time while they're in the DSC. – less
production
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: 30 mi lunch
Cons: 15 mi break
Manufacturing and semiconductor and Cashier.Machine Operator and line lead.

About Flextronics

Headquartered in Singapore (Singapore Reg. No. 199002645H), Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) – Read more