Flextronics

Flextronics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flextronics...Time
PRODUCTION/OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
Flextronics being market leader in Electronics Manufacturing had very good methods and plan when they took over Solectron Invortonics. Solectron was the name of the company where I work most of the time. this being Automotive Electro Mechanical Parts supplier to major 3 Auto Makers. Since there was big slow down in the Industry we decided to find other – more... stable industry.
It was very nice place to work. Had very good understanding co-operating Management. We Implemented many Lean Kaizan Initiatives in order to stay in the business but unfortunately the Auto industry had faster rate of slow down...we could not keep the business within our tertiary.
Had good co-workers. 30 % of the workers were from Agency to keep up the fluctuating demand in business.
I have learn different personal Management skills. Planning methods.
Lean Initiatives for fast phase environment. Automotive QA standards. – less
lapto repair
Laptop Technician (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 8, 2013
senior technician
manegement
I am a team leader and senior technicain in Flaxtronics.
Flextronics
Line Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 20, 2013
Pros: great money! set schedule, reasonable amount of days off vs. on. always make 40 hours a week
Cons: long hours
great place to work! GREAT hours. fantastic pay! would reccomend to everyone
Productive plase, nice and clean
Assembler (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 8, 2013
Pros: nice and clean place to work, not heavy job
Cons: everybody appreciated my hard work, but no bonus, not salary increase for all this years
Busy day, good comunications with the co-workers, good team. I learned that people are different and when you respect that you get the same response from them. Good management, nice co-workers. The hardest part of the job, when you can't control some malfunction of the equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing the problem fast and getting – more... the job done, helping with ideas to improve the process and make the line to run smoothly. – less
An easy feeling environment provides the will and motivation to take great decision
Process QA Auditor (Current Employee), New Market, NBFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: nice and easy place to work
Cons: less payment with no major benefit
Nice place to work without any major interference. Nice place to take independent decision. Good worker and co-operative managers.
A lot to learn each day with new projects
ASSEMBLER
DATA ENTRY
SW LOADING
Worth working for
Bench Laptop Technician (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: salary, opportunity
Cons: tools and materials not up to par with job requirements
The company provides fair opportunities for everyone. The career grows is possible within the company.
Management is generally nice, understanding. The work place is clean and secure. Most of the tools needed are given at the start of work.
The biggest con is that spare parts system is poorly managed at the facility. Some of the crucial tools and materials – more... are not always available for work. Spare part from third party vendors often arrive with built in defect. – less
Productive work place and fun place to work, Fitness centre on site.
Repair operator, Data entery (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: free lunchs on special occaion like xmas, thanks giving, stampded, many celebration make fun to work at flextronic.
Cons: lots of long hours and shift work.
Worked as repair operator on PCB board.I received certifaction in PCB repair. Managment was very help full,work life balance even in shift work setting.Co workers were like family,very help full, i made many friend who will be my friend for life.
It was gud working place
JR. SOFTWARE TESTER (Former Employee), newmarket,onAugust 2, 2012
punctuality and doing you work upto time.. getting big challenges and completing them on time.. performing better than earlier one...
Each Galley Slave Gets Their Own Oar!
LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE I (Former Employee), Newmarket, OntarioJuly 12, 2012
Pros: learn to swear in tamil.
Cons: harrassment is accepted.
Want to experience work the "old fashioned" way? Join the indentured service of Flextronics. This company will give you that institutionalized feeling you've always longed for. Bells and buzzers to tell you when to herd into the plant, to the bathroom, out for breaks. Security guards non-discretely pat you down as you leave. A small over-crowded cafeteria – more... will serve the latest in outdated MRE's, stale bread and warm water.

Scratch your head as you wonder what your non-English speaking supervisor/manager/Tribune/Overseer just said to you. Who knows, you may have been insulted in a new, exciting language. No heat in the winter, no air conditioning in the summer...just the way it was in Georgia 150 years ago.

For your entertainment, a dimly lit theatre is provided for you to attend the latest in mind-alterating re-education in the spirit of Uncle Ho! Once a month there is a prize for the most dust balls collected at Tenko.

So if you're a WASP, middle-aged, desperate for work and willing to be abused, Flextronics is the place for you. – less
Do what they said thet would do, when they said they would do it.
Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 30, 2012
I learned that rules are there for office workers only. Listen to the boss even if he is wrong and you can prove him wrong. The head of HR says she is there to help, but only if a group gets together to complain.
Most of the employees are friendly.
Great Place to work
General labourer (Former Employee), Newmarket ontario CanadaFebruary 29, 2012
People at this company are kind and understand any proplems that arise and work with there employees to sovle problems
great for a tech
equipment maint Technician (Current Employee), Austin TexasSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: compressed week for me
Cons: shrouded in mystery
I like My direct line of management. production wise they fluctuate with the industry . I do not see an excellent use of talent from the production end . there is a good old boy system in place.
Good place to learn
Product Engineer (Current Employee), Sorocaba, SP - BrazilSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not very good payment
Very chalenging enviroment makes you learn and be experienced for many kinds of situation, clients, and project.
Many skilled and experienced people, makes you lear every day a little bit.
Product line need constat support, so this makes you very commited to the company.
Laptop Repair
Lenova/IBM Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2014
While employed here I learned the correct way to repair a laptop. I went through an extensive three week training course that was structured around the do's and don'ts of laptop repair. I was instructed on how to replace all parts to a laptop. My co-workers in the class with me were also the ones that I went to the floor with and worked with on a daily – more... basis. The hardest part of my job was that they had a problem with me going to school, when they knew that I was in school before they hired me. The most enjoyable part was that I was trained properly and was able to incorporate what I learned into my life outside the job. – less
Growing company well positioned for the future!
VICE PRESIDENT of HUMAN RESOURCES - Americas (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: global company, tons of learning opportunites, leadership team very approachable, respect for the indivdual is important.
No day in HR is really typical. The most exciting part about HR is that you get to address new challenges in a variety of different areas including employees relations, strategically designing solutions to help lead the company to achieve its goals; acquiring, developing and retaining talent, performance management, change mgmt. and process improvement, – more... onboarding, compliance, etc.

The biggest thing I have learned is that in general, employees want to do a great job. How you and their managers go about treating and respecting them plays a huge part in the success of the individual and company. Employees are not commodities. I always want to try to think from a perspective of me putting myself in employee's and management's shoes.

I've have been fortunate in that I have had some terrific clients, peers and HR teams that I have lead. I think trying to develop relationships without an ego and being an expert in your professional discipline is very important.

I would say the hardest part of my jobs have been managing reductions in force. Although many HR professionals might say that, my opinion is when you have a reduction in force, often times senior management has failed and owns some significant skin in the game, because some decisions that were made may have ultimately effected good employees lives and to me it is critical to think proactively and be transparent to employees. Clearly business is business and tough decisions have to be made.to achieve the financial success of the company as well or it won't be around for long. All successful companies are growing and those declining generally don't stay around for long.

I generally enjoy my jobs as a whole and its hard to point out one particular area. I do however always stress the importance of having a very positive attitude and always giving your very best. – less
A company known for its' frequent layoffs
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2014
I knew when I started working at Flextronics, there was a good chance of a layoff in my future. It turned out to be true. I did however enjoy the work I did and gained additional manufacturing knowledge.
Working in a Warehouse environment really gave me a lot of experience in different things that i know I can accomplish
Machine Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2014
The machine operator role will be running CNC equipment to produce product in a high volume, low mix environment.
They will be responsible for production quantity and product quality.
Depending on machine cycle times, the operator will be asked to run multiple machines and perform preliminary quality inspections. Working in a warehouse Shipping, receiving, – more... boxing,using pallet jack. – less
productivity
Apple and IBM Repair/Test Technician (Current Employee), memphis,tnSeptember 6, 2014
good experience and good place to gain knowledge of it, good work culture and great place to work, alot of overtime so its hard to maintain a personal life
not organized and unproffessional
Assembler/Production (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 5, 2014
management doesn't know how to treat employees. you make less money overall when you become permanent and its hard to advance due to favoritism.

About Flextronics

Headquartered in Singapore (Singapore Reg. No. 199002645H), Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) – Read more