Flextronics

Flextronics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flextronics...Time
PRODUCTION/OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
Flextronics being market leader in Electronics Manufacturing had very good methods and plan when they took over Solectron Invortonics. Solectron was the name of the company where I work most of the time. this being Automotive Electro Mechanical Parts supplier to major 3 Auto Makers. Since there was big slow down in the Industry we decided to find other – more... stable industry.
It was very nice place to work. Had very good understanding co-operating Management. We Implemented many Lean Kaizan Initiatives in order to stay in the business but unfortunately the Auto industry had faster rate of slow down...we could not keep the business within our tertiary.
Had good co-workers. 30 % of the workers were from Agency to keep up the fluctuating demand in business.
I have learn different personal Management skills. Planning methods.
Lean Initiatives for fast phase environment. Automotive QA standards. – less
lapto repair
Laptop Technician (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 8, 2013
senior technician
manegement
I am a team leader and senior technicain in Flaxtronics.
Flextronics
Line Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 20, 2013
Pros: great money! set schedule, reasonable amount of days off vs. on. always make 40 hours a week
Cons: long hours
great place to work! GREAT hours. fantastic pay! would reccomend to everyone
Productive plase, nice and clean
Assembler (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 8, 2013
Pros: nice and clean place to work, not heavy job
Cons: everybody appreciated my hard work, but no bonus, not salary increase for all this years
Busy day, good comunications with the co-workers, good team. I learned that people are different and when you respect that you get the same response from them. Good management, nice co-workers. The hardest part of the job, when you can't control some malfunction of the equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing the problem fast and getting – more... the job done, helping with ideas to improve the process and make the line to run smoothly. – less
An easy feeling environment provides the will and motivation to take great decision
Process QA Auditor (Current Employee), New Market, NBFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: nice and easy place to work
Cons: less payment with no major benefit
Nice place to work without any major interference. Nice place to take independent decision. Good worker and co-operative managers.
A lot to learn each day with new projects
ASSEMBLER
DATA ENTRY
SW LOADING
Worth working for
Bench Laptop Technician (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: salary, opportunity
Cons: tools and materials not up to par with job requirements
The company provides fair opportunities for everyone. The career grows is possible within the company.
Management is generally nice, understanding. The work place is clean and secure. Most of the tools needed are given at the start of work.
The biggest con is that spare parts system is poorly managed at the facility. Some of the crucial tools and materials – more... are not always available for work. Spare part from third party vendors often arrive with built in defect. – less
Productive work place and fun place to work, Fitness centre on site.
Repair operator, Data entery (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: free lunchs on special occaion like xmas, thanks giving, stampded, many celebration make fun to work at flextronic.
Cons: lots of long hours and shift work.
Worked as repair operator on PCB board.I received certifaction in PCB repair. Managment was very help full,work life balance even in shift work setting.Co workers were like family,very help full, i made many friend who will be my friend for life.
It was gud working place
JR. SOFTWARE TESTER (Former Employee), newmarket,onAugust 2, 2012
punctuality and doing you work upto time.. getting big challenges and completing them on time.. performing better than earlier one...
Each Galley Slave Gets Their Own Oar!
LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE I (Former Employee), Newmarket, OntarioJuly 12, 2012
Pros: learn to swear in tamil.
Cons: harrassment is accepted.
Want to experience work the "old fashioned" way? Join the indentured service of Flextronics. This company will give you that institutionalized feeling you've always longed for. Bells and buzzers to tell you when to herd into the plant, to the bathroom, out for breaks. Security guards non-discretely pat you down as you leave. A small over-crowded cafeteria – more... will serve the latest in outdated MRE's, stale bread and warm water.

Scratch your head as you wonder what your non-English speaking supervisor/manager/Tribune/Overseer just said to you. Who knows, you may have been insulted in a new, exciting language. No heat in the winter, no air conditioning in the summer...just the way it was in Georgia 150 years ago.

For your entertainment, a dimly lit theatre is provided for you to attend the latest in mind-alterating re-education in the spirit of Uncle Ho! Once a month there is a prize for the most dust balls collected at Tenko.

So if you're a WASP, middle-aged, desperate for work and willing to be abused, Flextronics is the place for you. – less
Do what they said thet would do, when they said they would do it.
Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 30, 2012
I learned that rules are there for office workers only. Listen to the boss even if he is wrong and you can prove him wrong. The head of HR says she is there to help, but only if a group gets together to complain.
Most of the employees are friendly.
Great Place to work
General labourer (Former Employee), Newmarket ontario CanadaFebruary 29, 2012
People at this company are kind and understand any proplems that arise and work with there employees to sovle problems
Efficient and Proficient workplace
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great travel opportunities, advancement, exposure, and learning opportunities
Cons: turnover
-My typical workday consisted of provided work instructions to Engineering Tech, Maintain Test Equip, provide required reports, analyze data from daily reports, recommend and validate test equipment to be used by production, respond to multiple service calls, and attend meetings that require Test Engineering support/input.
-I've obtained knowledge and – more... tactics to strengthen my Engineering skills. I've learned Lean Best Practices, Repair skills, reporting skills, and presentation skills. I learned to how to manipulate data for reports, create Sharepoint Webpages, workflows, and have become very strong in Microsoft Office.
- – less
Enjoyed working with a diverse culture of coworkers.
Order Management Administrator (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 17, 2014
I supported three business units, I would get a pass down and ensure all orders shipped. And work and new customer orders that were sent. I would make sure that each line had enough material to continue the next day.
Team-Oriented Organization
software developer (Former Employee), indiaOctober 15, 2014
strong, collaborative and focused teams at all levels of an organization
Work was good, people are great, money was OK.
Test Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: interaction with all the departments and workers.
Cons: getting ideas approved to fixproblems.
Debug Failures, input information in Data Program, notify Engineers and Managers of test problems. Train Assemblers and Operators of failure results. Update 2nd shift of all problems and failure results.
steady work place
credit card repair tech (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great hours
i enjoyed my job at flextronics i was sad to leave the great co workers and boss i had. I learned a lot about electronics and warehouse work in the short time i was there
Position allows me to resolve and maintain work orders and allows us to resolve issues that the customers and businesses may come across
Technician (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not a lot of opportunity within pittsburgh
Presenting outstanding customer service skill, ability to use positive interpersonal skills to handle customer problems, excellent oral and written communication skill and strong attention to detail. Knowledge of computers using windows
Good people and long hours
CQA (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, metal free zone
I Tested computers and made sure they ran great. I used programs like Microsoft word, power point and excel and some programs that Flextronics used. I normally would work 10-13 hours a day
Productive plus a good work environment.
Shipping Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCOctober 13, 2014
Productive and detailed in this shipping and receiving environment. It was her where I learned to use to SAP system more efficiently. Clean and safe work place.

About Flextronics

Headquartered in Singapore (Singapore Reg. No. 199002645H), Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) – Read more