Flextronics

Flextronics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive plase, nice and clean
Assembler (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 8, 2013
Pros: nice and clean place to work, not heavy job
Cons: everybody appreciated my hard work, but no bonus, not salary increase for all this years
Busy day, good comunications with the co-workers, good team. I learned that people are different and when you respect that you get the same response from them. Good management, nice co-workers. The hardest part of the job, when you can't control some malfunction of the equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing the problem fast and getting – more... the job done, helping with ideas to improve the process and make the line to run smoothly. – less
An easy feeling environment provides the will and motivation to take great decision
Process QA Auditor (Current Employee), New Market, NBFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: nice and easy place to work
Cons: less payment with no major benefit
Nice place to work without any major interference. Nice place to take independent decision. Good worker and co-operative managers.
A lot to learn each day with new projects
ASSEMBLER
DATA ENTRY
SW LOADING
Worth working for
Bench Laptop Technician (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: salary, opportunity
Cons: tools and materials not up to par with job requirements
The company provides fair opportunities for everyone. The career grows is possible within the company.
Management is generally nice, understanding. The work place is clean and secure. Most of the tools needed are given at the start of work.
The biggest con is that spare parts system is poorly managed at the facility. Some of the crucial tools and materials – more... are not always available for work. Spare part from third party vendors often arrive with built in defect. – less
Productive work place and fun place to work, Fitness centre on site.
Repair operator, Data entery (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: free lunchs on special occaion like xmas, thanks giving, stampded, many celebration make fun to work at flextronic.
Cons: lots of long hours and shift work.
Worked as repair operator on PCB board.I received certifaction in PCB repair. Managment was very help full,work life balance even in shift work setting.Co workers were like family,very help full, i made many friend who will be my friend for life.
It was gud working place
JR. SOFTWARE TESTER (Former Employee), newmarket,onAugust 2, 2012
punctuality and doing you work upto time.. getting big challenges and completing them on time.. performing better than earlier one...
Each Galley Slave Gets Their Own Oar!
LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE I (Former Employee), Newmarket, OntarioJuly 12, 2012
Pros: learn to swear in tamil.
Cons: harrassment is accepted.
Want to experience work the "old fashioned" way? Join the indentured service of Flextronics. This company will give you that institutionalized feeling you've always longed for. Bells and buzzers to tell you when to herd into the plant, to the bathroom, out for breaks. Security guards non-discretely pat you down as you leave. A small over-crowded cafeteria – more... will serve the latest in outdated MRE's, stale bread and warm water.

Scratch your head as you wonder what your non-English speaking supervisor/manager/Tribune/Overseer just said to you. Who knows, you may have been insulted in a new, exciting language. No heat in the winter, no air conditioning in the summer...just the way it was in Georgia 150 years ago.

For your entertainment, a dimly lit theatre is provided for you to attend the latest in mind-alterating re-education in the spirit of Uncle Ho! Once a month there is a prize for the most dust balls collected at Tenko.

So if you're a WASP, middle-aged, desperate for work and willing to be abused, Flextronics is the place for you. – less
Do what they said thet would do, when they said they would do it.
Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 30, 2012
I learned that rules are there for office workers only. Listen to the boss even if he is wrong and you can prove him wrong. The head of HR says she is there to help, but only if a group gets together to complain.
Most of the employees are friendly.
Great work enviorment, advancement and friendly staff.
Warehouse Associate and Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 19, 2014
Pros: fun place to work, lots of new challenges to solve
Cons: no job security, unorganized and metal free area
pick orders, stocked product, i learned baan, friendly co-workers, great team, managment gets the job done and is there when needed, hardest part of the day would be unloading trucks, most enjoyable would be getting to know the system and new challenges.
i want a comfortable work enviroment
machine operator (Current Employee), austin txJuly 17, 2014
Pros: payed every week off 3 days next week 4 days
Cons: breaks not good only a 35 minute lunch on 12 hour shift
im a dependable worker always give 100 percent effort team player and like to learn and want to help company expand
Poor Management
CMM Operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: ?
Cons: short lunches, bad management
Over staffed for the job at hand so lays off 600 at a time.
Procedures and guidelines non conforming to any real quality standards.
Only good management were driven out due to lack of support.
I enjoyed working here
Quality Lead Technician (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: excellent health benefits and great coworkers and good management team.
Cons: none worth mentioning
Hours were 6 am to 2:45 pm with a 45 minute lunch. Performed daily quality inspection and testing of various customer products prior to customer shipment. My great Quality and I did random audits of other department areas to ensure our product was up to company standard of excellence. Customer and company feedback was positive. My Quality Index rating – more... was better than 99.5%.
I learned that I had a keen sense of where and what to randomly check to discover potential issues and address them.
Management was good and they let you do your job with little supervision.
I had an exceptional team of co-workers who worked as hard as I did to complete tasks on time and in a professional manner. We had a project (group of 75 people) that were totally dedicated to our customer for 5 years that grew from the ground up. We were personally recognized for Exceptional Quality Performance - Best of the Best.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with high volume workloads at peak seasonal times. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of successfully completing task that seemed insurmountable.

If you are a hard worker and focus on your job, you can do well here. – less
Work Ethnics environment and a positive culture adaptation.
Electronics Debugger (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 13, 2014
Pros: overtime is a plus
Cons: short break.
Procedure acknowledge for new department
Safety products
Work instruction sharing
Management seem to be entertained
Meeting was helpful
love working
utility assembler (Former Employee), hallmarkJuly 12, 2014
Pros: team worker, love working
i have learned to get along with the people i work with. i am a great hard worker that likes to get the job done no matter what. i am a fast learner i can pick up on things in a blink of an eye. i really need a job i will do anything to get one at this point in my life. i just wanna work cause i feel like im close to being homeless and i dont want that – more... to happen for me – less
productive
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 8, 2014
managing the whole energy team was quiet an experience and it worked out really well
Overall was a great place to work in
Diagnostics and Quality Control (Former Employee), Limerick.July 8, 2014
Pros: worked three days per week (three twelve hour shifts - 36 hours per week) and had 4 days off.
Cons: very little overtime
My day consisted of carrying out diagnostic tests and quality checks at the end of the line.
Entering pre-set programs from computer into motherboards.
Defects on mother board were tagged with a red label and sent to a debug technician for repairs.
Printing up labels with barcodes for motherboards.
Recording all work carried out during the day into – more... the computer database. – less
The best job ever!!!
Device Learning Specialist Technician (Former Employee), Albany NYJuly 7, 2014
Pros: coworkers, laughs, good times
Cons: the company closed
I truly loved my job here. It was always a new experience every day. There was never a dull moment and here my coworkers were like family.
decent
Assembly line, Computer Operator, Machine operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: learned lot about computers
Cons: temp
give me an out look on learning new things work alot but i love to work and make money and at this job they did just that
excellent working environment and was able to communicate with lower and upper management to meet required expectations for company growth.
Process (Former Employee), Forth Worth, TexasJune 30, 2014
Pros: excellent working environment
Cons: not enough over time...
Communicated with Supervisors,Management, and Line Production Personnel to develop methods to improve quality, and large out-put. 5-s was crucial. Supported the production line equipment to ensure constant flow of production. Gig press, Rear housing press, Speaker press, Diversity Cap press, Battery Press, Laser Printer, Zebra printer, Pad Printer, – more... and Digital printer .In addition, maintenance on various conveyors. These various equipment's require measurements, settings, and Calibrations. I greatly enjoyed being employed with the company because I was able to really learn a lot and apply those skills to meet expectations. I am always eager to learn and enjoy taking on leadership and responsibility. – less
.......
Customer Service / Technician (Former Employee), techJune 26, 2014
it was ok just to have a job that all. I had a ATT phone and they fired me because I worked at Verizon.

About Flextronics

Headquartered in Singapore (Singapore Reg. No. 199002645H), Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) – Read more