Our client is a full-service marketing agency located in Whitby, Ontario and they are looking to hire an enthusiastic and eager web designer/developer to join their team who has a passion for web and new media that is always learning and staying up on the latest trends and technologies and can work independently and with a team on a wide variety of projects.
You will be working in small teams to develop dynamic content driven websites, web projects for a variety of clients. You will be reporting directly to a creative director/project manager.
- Write code for data-driven web projects and rich interfaces
- Design, architect, implement, and QA new functionality
- Contribute to product design and implementation discussions
- Test code before and after production release
- Provide assistance with technical requirement clarification and end-user documentation
- Creatively brainstorm web solutions to meet project requirements
*Ability to work independently on a variety of projects in varying degrees.
*Strong eye for detail
*Exceptional problem determination and creative problem solving skills
*Open and collaborative approach to teamwork, willing to ask questions and seek help from team members and search out answers on the web
*Ability to hand code web projects and create/maintain reusable code
*A solid understanding of the MVC Programming Model
*Ability to investigate issues and perform tasks logically and analytically
*Ability to utilize existing technologies to streamline projects.
*Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and prioritize and meet project deadlines.
Nice to Have:
- Version Control
- Linux/CentOS/Fedora/Mac Os X/Windows
- SSL experience
**Portfolio with live projects that can be viewed**